Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   TatySite.Net Forum Games (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Should we start a "Role Playing Game"? (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=7700)

Kate 29-07-2004 21:57

Should we start a "Role Playing Game"?

Hey everyone. I would appretiate it if you would vote on the poll above, so I can determine whether it's worth everyone's time to start a role playing game.

It's not as easy as it seems. It'll be a lengthy proccess before we get started, and I need to know if people are interested.

First of all, we'll probably need to ask our admin, Igor, to open a new subforum for "TatySite.net Forum Games" where we'll play this game, since it'll have more then one thread.

Second of all, we'll have to nominate and chose an "environment" for the game, (like a movie, TV show, book, computer game etc). That'll take two threads ("Nomination thread" where people will call out names of movies etc that they'd like to play, and "Vote thread" in which I'll choose five most popular choices and people will vote the one that will ultimately be played out).

Then there'll be a casting thread, where people choose/sign-up for what character they want to play, and who will be the narrator and so on.

And finally we'll have to choose an editor, (aka moderator for the Role Playing forum), who will monitor the game(s) to make sure they don't cross lines and are "in-character". :gigi:

Anyone interested?

crni 29-07-2004 22:29

i'm in! :done:

that'd be pretty neat, though i presume it's gonna be extremly complex... but i like the idea ;)

QueenBee 29-07-2004 22:56

Duuude sounds really neat :D
I'm all up for it, yeah it does sound complex but that's part of the fun ;)
So I say: YES!!!

Kate 29-07-2004 22:58

As long as you guys are willing to stick through the first stages of the game, when we choose, cast... it might take a while... But in the long run, I think we'll have some good fun!

goku 29-07-2004 23:08

I vote Yes. It seems like it will take a lot of time and perserverance. High maintenance too. I probably don't have the time for it, but I know there are lots of devoted tatysite people here that will enjoy it and make it a success.

madeldoe 29-07-2004 23:15

I say NO...just joshin' i voted yes because i thought we were voting for a different type of role playing game..too bad i misunderstood :(

Kate 29-07-2004 23:16

nataku, what type of role playing game did you have in mind?

madeldoe 29-07-2004 23:25

the one that involves assless leather pants and whip cream? :D

Kate 29-07-2004 23:32

nataku, I'm sure we'll be able to arrange that. :gigi: People have sex, right? So at some point during the game we might encounter a "suprise". :chupa: Which leads to a good point. We'll need to decide whether we'll want to keep the game PG-13 or not. But I think I already know the answer. As long as it doesn't get too naughty, it'll be OK. :D

QueenBee 29-07-2004 23:36

Quote:

As long as it doesn't get too naughty, it'll be OK.
Oh, crap, and I was hoping for something. :(

Kidding! :gigi:

Well I don't know about those things.. If there is "too much" naughtyness (you can never have too much :p) we should really put a warning of some sorts. That people read it at their own risk...

Wow, now it sounds scary. Hahahah!

Kate 29-07-2004 23:39

QueenBee,
Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenBee
we should really put a warning of some sorts. That people read it at their own risk...

Yep. That's what we'll do. Like, color the text to the color of the background, and put a red warning on top. So people will know where the naughtiness begins. :D I doubt that there are people sensitive to "naughtiness" on this forum, anyway. :p

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, though. I want to collect around 15 votes before I ask Igor to make a new subforum for the game. :heh:

madeldoe 29-07-2004 23:44

LMFAO @ the "naughtiness" :laugh:

ahh good times :D

goku 30-07-2004 00:14

Hmm, naughtiness... :rolleyes:

As for moderator, I'd be up to it. We'd all need a good understanding of what's appopriate and not, what goes too far, etc.. As for coloring text, putting warnings, all good ideas. I do think that there are people sensitive to nautiness on this forum, and we don't want to take a chance and offend somebody. Don't worry, there will still be lots of room to have fun :p

Unplugged 30-07-2004 00:36

I'm up for it! :D Sounds great! :done:

It does sound complicated. But it's part of the fun, as Queenie said :p

Good idea, Kate! :10x:

Mossopp 30-07-2004 20:19

Anyone remember darje's 'Matrix' style role-playing game last year? Remember how utterly confusing it was and how quickly it fell apart?
This is a good idea in theory but I honestly can't see it actually working. :(

Crampaholic 30-07-2004 20:45

sounds like a plan....

Kate 30-07-2004 22:02

Mossopp, this time I'll be in charge, and when that happens, everything's ORGANISED and thought through. :D :D I'll first plan everything on paper, consult you guys, and then we'll take action. I'll make sure it'll work. Everyone'll have fun.

Kate 31-07-2004 06:29

I still need another 3 votes, please. :heh: Or 8 votes, preferably. :D

teeny 31-07-2004 08:33

not going to vote cos I'm not sure I would be playing. Going on holidays and getting lost in the games threads anyway.. so I better stay out of it. But happy playing to those joining in :rose:

luxxi 31-07-2004 08:37

:done:

:newyear: