Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   General Forum of Russian Music (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Nichya (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=4175)

forre 05-08-2003 19:40

For the record: The working title of the song was "Disarmed" and the recording of the English version was decided as late as this June.

QueenBee 05-08-2003 20:17

Wowow good news! :) I can't wait to hear this English song...

Ed: If someone ever gets a hold of those Nichya remixes plus new song, please upload it?

cirrus 05-08-2003 20:59

I was curious to hear them too, and I found a remix plus the "Nichya" cover by a russian rock band at http://www.mp3zzz.ru/?div=songs&art=1196. I can't dowload them (I think it costs money) but they sound pretty good. I especially like the rock cover.

But in order to hear them you have to make an account.

Rachel 06-08-2003 14:37

I really like Nachinai Menya, but the guy does kinda ruin it!

crni 06-08-2003 23:48

WOW!!!

i think it's really GR8! even the guy doesn't ruin it for me :D

only...too short :(

can't wait for the rest of the single tough... ;)

thegurgi 07-08-2003 02:30

at first i didn't like Oleg's vocals, but now i find them perfect.

The added plus is he sings in my octave, so it's so easy to sing along with him

and he's by far the best male russian vocalist. That is from what i've heard watching MUZ-TV and listening to Russkoye Radio.

denial 07-08-2003 04:15

I agree with you thegurgi, they are PERFECT!!
..but it wasn't at the first time .. my ears.....but now..
..love to listen to the music when I am in stress .. it helps..with those deep voices ..my friend asked if its middle east song .. I said its Russian ..

Fiva 10-08-2003 01:52

Quote:

Kiper should go back to working with t.A.T.u.(wishful thinking).
- it seems to me their ways will not cross in near future, coz
Quote:

Nichya were recently signed to BMG-Russia"
, not to Universal-R., unfortunately...
Here is press release from BMG Russia Rec. dedicated to coming out of the Nichya's new single. I am late a little, and there is nothing new in this propaganda leaflet, actually, but may be someone will be interested...

In the middle of July BMG Russia is releasing a Nichya project's debut maxi-single “Nachinay Menya”.

The BMG Russia Company is glad to report that in the end of June a contract with Nichya project for releasing their first maxi-single “Nachinay Menya”
[“Start On Me”] was signed. The Dou has an immense potential to become a mega-star [ :lol: ] in Russia as well as abroad owing to innovatory music, impressive melodys, individual style, very ripe and private lyrics issued from pen of Lena Kiper a founder, soloist and leader of the project. It radicaly distinguishes the band from other new russian performers.

The Nichya duet has been formed by Lena Kiper together with Oleg Borshevskiy. Generally speaking, an idea of creation of the project belongs to Lena a well-known person in russian show-business owing to working on creation and coproducing of t.A.T.u. and to her own director activity. It's she who is a main author of such hits as "YSSU" and "NND" that has brought world-fame to the girlish duo. Besides, there are 5 videos behind her: "Ya Hochy Bit'" (Shum-eel' ), "A Vee Kto?" (Dva Samo-l'ota), "Morya po Koleno" (Lukmus), "Freeway" (SMASH!!) and video of the same name for the first song of her new project Nichya.

All Lena's life - whether it's music, lyrics or videos - is a continuous creative process, creation of something new. According to her, the melodys should arise inside yourself rather then on keys or music paper and all the more not on the computer. "There is nothing made-up in my work: not a single line, not a single fact, not a single detail. What for? In life everything is so organic that the private experiences are its best gift".

It were private experiences that prompted the soloist to such ambiguous and at the same time concise name - Nichya
[Nobody's]. "Everything began, - Lena tells, - when at the time of working with t.A.T.u. I had written my 3 song known now as "Nichya" and sang it myself. The demo of the composition had been stolen from my home-studio and replicated by audio-pirates. Listeners mistook it for the tATu's new song, and no one could suppose that it had been performed by its author, i.e. by me. Thus the song started its illegal existence, and we began to call it "nobody's".

But this is only one of the versions of an origin of the project's name. The other one is more emotional and related with the vocalist
[with her]. "Nobody's is also a state of lonely woman heart, - the soloist proceed, - you go through intense feelings, lose it and get vulnerable, but you cannot be weak. You have to live, to work, to let your emotions out so as not to perish in struggle against your self. Therefore Nobody's is also an equilibrium and harmony".

Coming out of the Nichya's debut maxi-single under the name “Nachinay Menya” is
[was *he-he*] planned at the end of July. Aside from the main composition single will include the Nichya's first song of the same name and its 3 remixes, among which there will be already well-known remix recorded jointly with a rock-band Torba-na-Kruche. Also on the CD will be presented an earlier not released english version of the "Nichya" song ("Pain to Choose") and video for "Nichya".

By the terms of the contract, BMG Russia represents Nichya project on territory of all world. The european audience's first acquaintance with duo's creativity will take place in the very proximate time. The point is that "Pain to Choose" will be included into a CD-supplement "Russian Talent CD" of an authoritative music journal "Music & Media" (european subdivision of Billboard). Besides, this year Nichya will be presented on a regular meeting of the chiefs of the regional branches of BMG.

Russian-language source: BMG Russia/Audioclub

Thanks to Oblakovshtanah for the info
Special thanks to M.E.S.B. for helping with translation

--------------
ps\ Yeh, yeh... i know...my english is...hmm *searching for the proper word* ... dreadful :).

pps\ I still laugh at this:
...an American major JIVE Records, dealing with such stars as Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears, has made a few rather interesting offers to NICHYA. Who knows, perhaps, we will soon hear an English version of the song where Lena will perform together with Justin… :)
[from Official Site]

thegurgi 10-08-2003 02:19

From reading on the Russian Forum on their site, i get the impression that the Single is coming out August 18th? Am i correct?

denial 10-08-2003 15:14

Quote:

It were private experiences that prompted the soloist to such ambiguous and at the same time concise name - Nichya [Nobody's]
J ... I told you it means nobody's ... see .. :bebebe:

Thank you Fiva!! :rose:

thegurgi 10-08-2003 17:21

I was correct! The Nich'ya single will be released on AUGUST 18th. It should include: Nachinai Menya, Nich'ya, The Rock Version of Nich'ya with Torba Na Kruche, 2 Remixes [One of which was Fan Made], Pain to Choose and An Instrumental Version [i think] and also the Video for Nich'ya.

Seems more like a mini-album to me.

Fiva 10-08-2003 20:46

Quote:

- seems like a real (good) single rather then tATu's NGGU with the only 2 songs. :)

denial 11-08-2003 16:05

Quote:

Originally posted by thegurgi
I was correct! The Nich'ya single will be released on AUGUST 18th. It should include: Nachinai Menya, Nich'ya, The Rock Version of Nich'ya with Torba Na Kruche, 2 Remixes [One of which was Fan Made], Pain to Choose and An Instrumental Version [i think] and also the Video for Nich'ya.

thegurgi ... let me know when its available at russianbeat or rbcm .. or anywhere that is good ... please ..!!! ...hmmmm *looking at her credit card statement*.... hmmmm...

thegurgi 11-08-2003 23:46

i've spoken with the people at RBCmp3 and they've told me it will take 3-4 WEEKS for them to get it. I am saddened by this news.

denial 12-08-2003 17:41

Thank you very much thegurgi .. :rose:

QueenBee 12-08-2003 18:37

o.O When someone uploads these songs I will download. :D Me never buys stuff online. O.o

DinoBora 13-08-2003 19:11

The official release date of "Nachinay menya" single is planned on AUGUST THE 18TH .Every 10th CD is signed by the participants of the project -Yelena and Oleg. The autograph can be found underneath the sticker.

-> nichya.ru

cirrus 13-08-2003 19:51

Did they really sign all those CDs? Wow, I'd imagine that to be a lot. Well it's great to hear about a band that will do things for their fans (signed cds, remix contests). Gotta love russians.

QueenBee 13-08-2003 21:41

Quote:

...an American major JIVE Records, dealing with such stars as Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears, has made a few rather interesting offers to NICHYA. Who knows, perhaps, we will soon hear an English version of the song where Lena will perform together with Justin… [from Official Site]
I hope they're not THAT stupid to sign up with JIVE!

thegurgi 14-08-2003 18:42

Track List:
1 Nachinai Menya
2 Nich'ya
3 Nich'ya featuring Torba-na-Kruche
4 Nich'ya [Konchat! GloBass Remix]
5 Nich'ya [GJ Primat Remix]
6 Pain To Choose
7 Nich'ya Video

bigger cover here
I can't wait to get this:
if you want you can order it here: http://audioclub.ru/Russian/album_736.html if you know Russian [i wonder if they ship to the States...??]