Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Politics and Science (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The murder of homosexual people (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=10262)

xmad 21-04-2006 22:19

The murder of homosexual people

Rachel: Thread moved as it's all rather political.

Take a look at this pic and say what do you get from it?
I'll be back with more details.
Click here :(
Or Here

Edit:
some details: that's a pic from the XXIII Word conference of the International Lesbian and Gay Association.
"THE TIEBET BUREAU
OFFICE OF THE REPRESENTATIVE OF H.H. THE DALAI LAMA

I am pleased to bring you greetings from His Holiness the Dalai Lama on the occasion of the XXIII Word conference of the International Lesbian and Gay Association.

His Holiness welcomes the special attention given at this conference to religious tolerance and respect for diversity.

His Holiness is greatly concerned by reports of violence and discrimination against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.

His holiness oppose violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity and urges respect, tolerance, and the full recognition of human rights for all.

Finally, he expresses his best wishes for a successful conference.

Geneva, 30 March ‏
Mr. Kelsang gyaltseng
Envoy of H. H. The Dalai Lama
"

The pic which I mentioned about was shown in that conference.As you know in Islam being gay is not acceptable at all and it's a sin.Those two guys were killed in Iran in the name of Islam.

spyretto 21-04-2006 22:24

disgusting

Rachel 21-04-2006 22:28

I can't even see what it is coz my resolution is set too high (the picture is too small.)

xmad 21-04-2006 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyretto
disgusting

only disgusting??
There's a horrible fact behind that pic.
I heard about that before but I didnt believe it.

QueenBee 21-04-2006 22:30

I can hardly see anything...
Terrorists?

xmad 21-04-2006 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenBee
Terrorists?

No.the ones who were going to die were not terrorists.

QueenBee 21-04-2006 22:38

...Someone died? I don't get it.
What exactly is going on in that picture?

Sabeena 21-04-2006 22:42

Is it the guy who was held hostage.. and then executed live or something? :confused:

xmad 21-04-2006 22:56

Edited:Well,I just added the whole details to my first post.

Rachel 21-04-2006 23:06

Someone gay killed?

xmad 21-04-2006 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel
Someone gay killed?

unfortunately yes.

Rachel 21-04-2006 23:24

Is it in one of the countries where homosexuality has a death penalty? :(

Is it something to do with this?

EDIT: I see you edited your post, so I was kinda right :(

xmad 21-04-2006 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel
Is it in one of the countries where homosexuality has a death penalty?

In Iran it is(I think).In Iran so many gay people were killed.And that picture(in the first post) was about Iran.

Kyro 21-04-2006 23:43

It's so sad that stuff like this is still happening :(

QueenBee 21-04-2006 23:53

Quote:

The pic which I mentioned about was shown in that conference.As you know in Islam being gay is not acceptable at all and it's a sin.Those two guys were killed in Iran in the name of Islam.
Can't say I'm surprised, as I already said in another thread - religion the way it has become today is pure shit. I don't think anything will change anytime soon, so Dalai Lama can preach all he wants, I doubt it will change anything.

xmad 22-04-2006 00:10

Quote:

I don't think anything will change anytime soon, so Dalai Lama can preach all he wants, I doubt it will change anything.

I agree with you.

dradeel 22-04-2006 00:40

Quote:

I don't think anything will change anytime soon, so Dalai Lama can preach all he wants, I doubt it will change anything.

True, but it's still important that he says things like this, and that people try to move countries like Iran a direction where human rights are tolerated and respected. It will take time --- and I don't think we'll see the work finished in our lifetime --- but that really just make it much more important to do, so that sometimes the future generations can live like they rightfully want to :)

QueenBee 22-04-2006 00:46

Yep, where are you kids? - Come on, change the world. :laugh:
No but I agree with you, you gotta start somewhere. I just think that some people have too high hopes (no-one here and not anyone mentioned in this discussion), they want to change their country and the rest of the world in a very short time... I had two friends once who wanted to join a political party as young people, you know, they wanted to make a difference in society and there were lots of students etc. involved already. When I spoke to them about it they said that they wanted to change the world and when I said to them "Don't get your hopes up, you can't do all by yourself" they told me that everything is possible... 2 years later and they still haven't joined. :laugh:

Oh well, good luck to everyone who is trying - one day our grandchildren's grandchildren will maybe look back on ours times and wonder - "Did they really live like THAT?" :flag:

KellyJ 22-04-2006 06:44

Looks like someone is getting hanged. Is he/she gay? That happened in the states some guy in highschool was hung cause he was gay

Lux 22-04-2006 07:07

Offtop:
Matthew Shepard