Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   General discussions (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   forre's mind f*cker (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=3739)

forre 04-06-2003 05:57

forre's mind f*cker

All right. I'm starting this thread to show you something - precisely how much the correct answer can vary depending on the information given. Purpose? To show you that simple analysis can give very wrong results. Anyway here is the test. Some info is given, try to provide the correct answer(s).

Initial info:
It's 4.00 AM in the morning. June 2003. It's clear (no clouds, no rain). Location - my house in Sweden. I open the window and .....

Which statement(s) is(are) correct?
1. Hear the sound of the cleaning the street/picking the garbage truck.
2. Enjoy the sun shining right to my face.
3. Count the stars in the sky.
4. Hear the birds singing.

Step 2, added info:
The window points to the East. The house is located outside a major city.

Step 3, added info:
It's Sunday. Sunrise at 2.45 AM, sunset at 10.40 PM.

Step 4, added info:
It's usually the coldest time of the day here.

Let's finish the sentence
It's 4.00 AM in the morning. June 2003. It's clear (no clouds, no rain). Location - my house in Sweden. I open the window and hear the birds singing.

Echoed 04-06-2003 06:09

It all depends. Not enough information is given.

Well... I really have no idea what #1 is, so I can't comment on it. LOL.

2. At 4:00AM it's false dawn, there is no sun as of yet. That's physical fact. Unless your hours work differently. The sun usually rises around 5:00AM at the earliest, if the hours are right. And depends, is it raining? Yes? No?

3. Again, is it cloudy? Has false dawn already faded out the stars?

4.Normally, yes. But again, if it's raining, there's less of a tendency to hear that. Do you live in the city? Then too would there not be birds.

There's more still. I'm just too lazy to think of it. Lol.

*Laughs.* I'm aware of how information could be misleading without the right amount of information provided. ^_^

~Echo.

forre 04-06-2003 06:14

It's clear. (no clouds, no rain).

Kappa 04-06-2003 06:19

Belceboob, I read the title and got frankly scared. :P

Give me a sec to think...

You say that simple analysis can give wrong results? As, per example, skimming over the initial info and providing you with an answer based perhaps in, only the hour but not the country? Or just not thinking overly the answer?

I might be screwing the answer (or not, since I still have to refine my geographics) for the rest of the readers of this post, but I'd say that, 3. You count the stars in the sky? and/or 4. You hear the birds singing (althought I lack info for this one). Why? Because basing myself in the knowledge of the geographical position Sweden has, the sun wouldn't rise until, what, 6-7 am? (Of course, it's been two years since I last opened a geography book, and I might be wrong and you might be enjoying the sun shining to your face).

The latter one is just something I would guess because I have no goddamned idea of how birds behave in Sweden... but I've seen birds chirping and singing at 3 am here in Mexico...

Echoed 04-06-2003 06:29

Well. 2, 3 or 4. For the same reasons as I've written above, except for the inclusions of rain and/or cloud possibilities. Lol.

I still don't know what #1 is. o_O

~Echo.

Kappa 04-06-2003 06:33

Hey, why not 1?! Some garbage trucks do early morning cleaning!

Echoed 04-06-2003 06:36

OH! Garbage trucks. LOL. That's what it is.

Well, it could be the garbage truck passing by, depending on whether or not that's how the system works in Sweden and on what day it usually passes, or if this was a special week and as such the truck would then pass on that specific morning where you, forre, would open your window.

... Too much thinking. I'm lazy. Do go on, darje. Lol.

~Echo.

Kappa 04-06-2003 06:53

One would think we over analyze stuff. :P forre, care to give us more info on your mind f*cker?

Bitty2002 04-06-2003 06:55

I think it is four, that was the only comment that would grammatically complete the sentence. However, they would be very early birds. But it depends on which "correct" you are looking for, grammatical or logical.

Or I choose 5. see and hear, whatever the hell you see and hear.

luxxi 04-06-2003 08:31

I'd say 2. Altough I have no idea if there is long day or long night at this period.

EeZeReal 04-06-2003 11:48

I'd say four..

As Bitty2002 it is grammatically correct and I hear the birds singing at 3 in the morning over here so I'd say its the most logical answer. :D

Tom Violence 04-06-2003 11:48

I'm going to guess that it's all four at once.

In June in this country it's often fully light by 5 o' clock in the morning. So it's certainly feasible that at 4a.m. the sun would be over the horizon, even if a few stars were still visible in other parts of the sky. And if it is dawn, it'd be no surprise to hear birdsong.

As for the street being cleaned, I'm often enough woken up by that myself - albeit usually around 7 or 8 in the morning. It's possible that you have your rubbish collected earlier.

petert 04-06-2003 13:54

Aren't parts of Sweden very close to the arctic circle? In which case the sun might never completely set at this time of year which rules out 3 and probably 4. 1 would be unlikely in the country (as opposed to a town or city) and 2 would only happen if your window faced the correct direction, with no intervening obsticles (buildings, trees, mountains etc).

So the answer could be any of the options or none.

freddie 04-06-2003 14:22

I go with the "grammaticaly correct" theory. 4. is the only one that's correct in that way.
And the birds around here start chirping at around that time (early dawn) - maybe we have similar birds to Sweden.

So this one could be correct all the way - grammaticaly and logicaly.

coolasfcuk 04-06-2003 14:52

petert, of course, I am with ya, ha ha, for all we know could be all or none of the answers.

forre good mind f*cker ! :gigi:

Havent been to sweden, so dont know for how long exactly the sun sets down in June, but 4 am seems like all over Sweden would be light already. Not to mention, we dont know location, maybe forre's house is all the way up there in the northern part of Sweden. ;)
I also agree, if you live in a little village, chances of someone clening the street at 4:00 am are slim, while in the city, very possible.
Birds could be singing anywhere - village, city , maybe forre has couple of doves living under her roof ;)

Jan 04-06-2003 17:33

In St. Petersburg (which is on the same lalitude as Stockholm) it doesn't get dark in June. Sun is below the horizon for a while, however stars are not visible.
Garbage- rings very true.
I'd say:
1 likely, 2 likely, 4 possibly, 3-no.

However:
No definate conclusions can be reached from this much info.

coolasfcuk 04-06-2003 17:49

Jan, that was interesting to hear - About the stars in the sky.
:laugh: I know you can witness some pretty specific 'sky effects' uuuuuuuuuuup there North, say in sweden - and the only answer that really puzzled me if it possible or not, was the 'stars in the sky' one. That is why I didnt comment on it, because I wasnt sure if this is possible or no - but maybe in Sweden it is - I have seen moon on a morning/evening sky, I am not sure how you would see stars if it's light, but why not... ha, everything is possible :gigi:

russkayatatu 04-06-2003 17:58

I wouldn't feel comfortable even guessing which of these could be true...as people have said, you can't reach a definite conclusion from this much info. I don't see how 'simple analysis' is supposed to work here, really, but then maybe I'm dumb :dknow:

Ah, does the window face the side the sun comes in? If not, then the question of when the sun rises doesn't even come into play :)

QueenBee 04-06-2003 18:09

1. Hear the sound of the cleaning the street/picking the garbage truck.

That's what I hear in the morning.. and I don't wake up at 4. But it can be really different depending on where in Sweden you are located... But I doubt garbage trucks come at 4 in the morning..

2. Enjoy the sun shining right to my face.

Well it's june.. So maybe. This statement could very well be correct.. BUT then again, it depends on stuff. The sun comes up in west or east (as if I know o.O), so, it depends on where you are directed. And, on where in Sweden you are located. If it's high up, like in Kiruna, the sun never sets in the summer. But since I have no idea where your home is, I can't tell.

3. Count the stars in the sky.

I wouldn't think so.. But it depends if you live in the big city, or out on a farm or something. In the big city you can't see the stars because of the streetlights, who possibly are on at 4 in the morning.

4. Hear the birds singing.

Yeah.. this could be right. I hear birds sing all the time, especially in June. If you live close to the sea you hear those damn gulls who crap everywhere.

I guess 4 sounds about right.. right?

nath 04-06-2003 18:15

I think 1,2,3,4 ! Knowing you gives me the hope to travel in all your countries!
kiss
nath