Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Questions to the Moderators (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Reputation and Reputation power (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=7440)

teeny 09-06-2004 20:47

Reputation and Reputation power

Whats up with the reputation thing and the road? :laugh: It looks funny.
Can users rate eachother?

*goes to look for more information*

Igor 09-06-2004 20:50

teeny, yes. :) Later I shall try to explain as it works.
I yet up to the end have understood. :gigi:

teeny 09-06-2004 20:55

oki, Igor
Will wait and see then.. :heh:

Kate 10-06-2004 00:03

The reputation system explained.

Any comments, ideas and questions are welcome. :D

haku 10-06-2004 03:00

Thanks for explaining the reputation thing in detail. :rose:

It sounds really nice, a simple way to show your appreciation to other people. :) I've already increased the rep of a few people. It's gonna be interesting to see how things evolve as time passes by. I'm wondering what kind of other roads there are. :D

Kate 10-06-2004 03:05

Personally, I think the reputation thingy really spices up our life on the forum. :D Hopefully, it is a feature that will stay... as long as people know what they are doing... :kawai:

Lux 10-06-2004 05:25

so being at an unknown quantity means you don't have enough reputation points to be on a distinguished road, right?

Kate 10-06-2004 05:28

Lux, I don't know. I'll ask Igor on the Russian forum, and get back to you with an answer.

denial 10-06-2004 06:33

This is great ...

oh well .. I've already live in a world where people fight and challenge and manipulate and stab each other from the back for reputation .. and I am competitive too .. but .. for different reason.

Anyway... I see this as a cool thing from programming perspective.

nath 10-06-2004 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by denial
oh well .. I've already live in a world where people fight and challenge and manipulate and stab each other from the back for reputation ..

I absolutely agree with you Denial ...
Yesterday i tried to replied but it didn't work......

I wanted too, to congratulate sincerely Kate & Haku for their honoring ranks: cause it's a good thing that all their translations which bring so much to us are recongnized....but it didn't work neither to reply.... :(

I think we feel well on tatysite cause we feel confortable....and to meet there some friends could help us to destress from the work or outside life sometimes....
This system makes me think to a card of a party, with points , to test if you are a good "citizen" or not....and makes me think to the private sector job...where you have to fight and "eat" the guys who work with you to be recognized as the FIRST !

Personnaly , I hate "competition"...it isn't my state of mind , at all....what does it proove about your human side , on a forum?....
And this judgement with points about other members....seems to be abble to kill just our natural way, our spontanity and could give birth to problems in the relations between the members....

I'm here to relax , to appreciate some comments or productions....but certainly not to be in a world of "stress" and "pushfulness"....

The best things you can offer to the others are the things you can give to them just for their own pleasure , the "free" gifts....If you offer things to the others to be recognized YOURSELF as the best .....this has absolutely no valor for me...

I think we wrote often kind sentences to say thank you or congratulate the other people on the forum....
I prefer this kind sentences to points and "evaluations".....
Just my point of view...

teeny 10-06-2004 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunwalk
cause it's a good thing that all their translations which bring so much to us are recongnized....but it didn't work neither to reply....

Nath, do you have a firewall or pop up killer? It might not allow the reputation window to show :)

Don't think we are this competitive either. Sure it might be fun for a little while, but in the end I think I'll go back to the old system. I'm too much at ease with things as they are right now, or at least as they used to be.

Of course if people have trouble regarding me I would like them to tell me instead of decresing to reputation. But then again this gives people a chance to do it under cover.

I dunno.. I will agree with denial that the system is interesting from a programmers point of view for sure.

rosh 10-06-2004 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by teeny
Of course if people have trouble regarding me I would like them to tell me instead of decresing to reputation. But then again this gives people a chance to do it under cover.

teeny i think you get to see whose increased and decreased you though, under the user control panel

teeny 10-06-2004 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosh
teeny i think you get to see whose increased and decreased you though, under the user control panel

:none: oh.. wooops. I better go check

thank you for the info

goku 10-06-2004 08:36

Haha, I agree with you teeny and denial. Not only the reputation but everything this forum has undergone has been quite interesting..
I like the idea of "honorary members" though. But I can't find where it says the actual points you have for reputation, or the power you have or stuff like that.. maybe as you said my pop-up killer is taking care of it :p

teeny 10-06-2004 08:41

I have 14 points.. Last point being from staringelf it seems.. so thank you, staringelf for that one.
Where to locate a full list I have no idea. But the total number and last recieved is in the bottom of the main window in the CP, goku

Kate 10-06-2004 08:44

goku, you can find your total number of points on the main page of your "control panel". As to the power etc, I'll find out from Igor.

teeny 10-06-2004 09:50

gave it some thought.

I won't be playing along with the credit system. It's not that I don't appreciate posts by you guys, it's more that I appreciate all posts, so it would make no sense crediting individual members.
Most of the people in here I consider my friends. I don't go around telling my real life friends how good/bad they are either.

So if noone gets a credit from me, it's not that I don't appreciate them being here. It'll simply be because I don't give credit all together. With that said I would appreciate it if I didn't get any credit either :laugh: cos I like being part of the mayority in here. And people should consider what I say instead of looking at reputation or power and then read whats being said. Even though it would mean the same to top posting members I'm sure, it would be confusing to the new members.

Kate 10-06-2004 10:06

teeny, I think you misunderstood the point of the reputation system. You are not supposed to rate a person's post because he is your friend, or because you like that person or whatever other reason. It's more like, if a person created an interesting thread, you give him a few points. If a person provided some help to you on finding an mp3, for example, you give him some credits. If a person took liberty to upload a video for everyone, you increase his reputation. Do you see what I am saying? Also, if a person is a trouble maker, and caused a fight, you decrease his reputation.

You are not expected to go back and rate every post from the beginning of this forum. It's entirely up to what you feel right - when you really appretiate a person's post (like in the cases above) you give him some points. Do you see where I am going with this?

This way people will see who in this forum community contributes more etc and be able to turn to them for help and assistence if required. Also, Igor, who is not a frequent visitor on the English forum, will be able to judge whether or not to ban a person based on his/her reputation (in case the banning circumstances come up).

teeny 10-06-2004 10:22

exactly. It's the same reasons I don't like it.
Lets take the computer help thread. I helped a bit in there, and so did other members. The help was provided for the sake of helping. And people placed their thank yous if it had worked and such.
Contributing in the Island of Arts is also a thing I did because I wanted to share. It's nice when people use walls ect. and that is the beauty of sharing. Not that people can pad your shoulders and go: Well done I'll give you points for this one.

Uploading/hosting files has always been appreciated and I will admit we haven't been thanking the hosts as much as we could, but I don't think they are doing it because they wan't to reach a higher level than everyone else.

Banning people for being given bad credit? Yiks.. please make sure everyone hands out credit for the right reasons then. Cos already we see people at different roads and they actually don't really belong there. The road system will make looking at individual cases less needed. So if one shares a lot of files and such one is safe from banning and can stand some bad credit better. Well that'll make helping more "rewarding" will it not?

Glad that I'm not expected to go back and credit people, cos I have already given credit in the form of appreciation in the past.

I guess with signing out of credit system I better follow the rules. Which I actually think I've been doing since day one. Even without a credit system hanging over my head :)

Kate 10-06-2004 10:27

teeny, it's your choice whether to use this sytem or not. It's just that I personally think it will encourage people to share, make interesting threads, and generally contribute to this forum. :) Cuz I think that if a person will gave enough credits, s/he'll be able to become an "Honorary Member" and have excess to larger PM inbox, and have additional editing features in threads etc... If you're not interested, fine with me...