Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Sports and Entertainment (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   The Runaways movie (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=12813)

FormKnownAs 04-03-2010 18:10

The Runaways movie

Get ready for this one- this will be the Precious, the Slumdog Millionaire of 2010 .... you have my word. http://www.runawaysmovie.com/

ch..ch...ch...ch....cherrrrrrrrry booooooooooomb!

p.s. What you hear on that website is actually Dakota Fanning singing and Kristen Stewart on back vocals and rhythm guitar - I have to say pretty amazing job, cannot wait to see them perform throughout the whole movie @ the premiere on March 11... in theaters March 19- mark your calendar ;)

Official Trailer
Official TV spot

Argos 04-03-2010 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormKnownAs (Post 392334)
http://www.runawaysmovie.com/

ch..ch...ch...ch....cherrrrrrrrry booooooooooomb!

p.s. What you hear on that website is actually Dakota Fanning singing and Kristen Stewart on back vocals and rhythm guitar - I have to say pretty amazing job, cannot wait to see them perform throughout the whole movie

I listened for a pretty while on that website, but...when exactly begins the music? :p

FormKnownAs 05-03-2010 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argos (Post 392336)
I listened for a pretty while on that website, but...when exactly begins the music? :p

Trying to understand here... either something is up and you arent hearing anything, because the songs starts right away on the website ... OR.... this is some kind of joke, making fun of the song?! which one is it :heh:

p.s. since I am nice like that, in case it's the first, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP49r8ei3TQ& ch ch ch ch cherry boooooooooooomb ;)

HuMENology 05-03-2010 02:45

Talk about ruining a classic...

FormKnownAs 05-03-2010 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuMENology (Post 392340)
Talk about ruining a classic...

ha, i disagree ....

this is coming from someone that has NEVER seen twilight and is uncaring about all the teeny bopper stewart shit, but Kristen and Dakota are both unbelievably good in this movie- they ARE joan and cherie

Full length theatrical trailer

:coctail:

Argos 05-03-2010 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormKnownAs (Post 392338)
Trying to understand here...

Nothing wrong with my compy, nor my ears, just...
I don't call every random shouting in a microphone singing, and not every tormenting an axe as playing a music instrument. There should be laws against environmental pollution by uncontrolled noise emission... :D

FormKnownAs 05-03-2010 19:06

muahhahaah, i rest my case....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Argos (Post 392344)
Nothing wrong with my compy, nor my ears, just...
I don't call every random shouting in a microphone singing, and not every tormenting an axe as playing a music instrument. There should be laws against environmental pollution by uncontrolled noise emission... :D

that's right, skip the Runaways, continue to wait for a 'marvelous' album from tatu .. or more like the 'amazing' singer lena...
and lastly, no, no noise pollution here, just two screeching russians and cacophony of instruments :coctail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94FYrYJF16E (sorry, couldnt help it- every time i hear about screeching/shouting in microphones, this horrific moment pops into my head)

Argos 05-03-2010 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormKnownAs (Post 392348)
that's right, skip the Runaways,...

I see, you have seen and heard the Runaways live - congratulations! :gigi: Same age as me? :D
Quote:

...continue to wait for a 'marvelous' album from tatu ..

I forgive you, you are not so long on this forum. There's only a minority here who believes in a tatu album ever again. Most people here wait for the next Gaga-, Madonna-, Lavigne-, Pink!-album etc...
Quote:

...or more like the 'amazing' singer lena...

I guess this rumour comes directly from the tatu management :D I can give you the names of at least a hundred Russian pop singers who are better than her, not to talk about international ones.
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94FYrYJF16E (sorry, couldnt help it- every time i hear about screeching/shouting in microphones, this horrific moment pops into my head)

Hey, compared to their promotion tour in 2005 this was almost excellent from them. You should have heard them then! :bebebe:

Whatever, the Runaways weren't special musically in their time, they were just known because they were a girls'rock band, who had constantly quarrels (probably their joker to keep them in the media). But I can assure you - whenever you will hear real rock music for the first time in your life, you will immediately recognize it!

FormKnownAs 05-03-2010 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argos (Post 392349)
I see, you have seen and heard the Runaways live - congratulations! :gigi: Same age as me?

ha, i have not seen them live, no, but i am in my 30s thank you very much ;)

Quote:

I forgive you, you are not so long on this forum.
actually, as you can see, my name suggest I was formally known as something else :heh: so in fact, i've known of this forum longer than you

Quote:

Hey, compared to their promotion tour in 2005 this was almost excellent from them. You should have heard them then!
yeah, i wish i could help, but by that time I could give a rats ass about taty, so i most likely missed their glorious performances

Quote:

Whatever, the Runaways weren't special musically in their time, they were just known because they were a girls'rock band, who had constantly quarrels (probably their joker to keep them in the media). But I can assure you - whenever you will hear real rock music for the first time in your life, you will immediately recognize it!
Don't worry, I grew up on rock music, it's still in me... no one is saying the Runaways were the greatest band on earth, BUT they were no doubt a very important one... paving the way.... shifting some norms...

Talyubittu 06-03-2010 08:49

It sounds like some awful English version of a Serebro song.

FormKnownAs 07-03-2010 17:31

Well, it is not ... Whatever was the movie w misha barton called? When's that shit hitting the fan? Wonder if she'll sing in it.... The thing is, then it'd probably be better than the original... It'd be hard not to haha

on a good note: thanks to the power of connections, i do not have to wait til the premiere on the 11th.... Seeing the film even before that! Yes!

Argos 07-03-2010 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormKnownAs (Post 392368)
on a good note: thanks to the power of connections, i do not have to wait til the premiere on the 11th.... Seeing the film even before that! Yes!

Well, then...
If you don't mind you can tell me then, how they dealt with the introduction of like half a dozen bassists in the script of a oneandahalf hours' film. My other curiosity about the plot - how much they reveal about their busy fornicating every important person in their surroundings (producer, his friends, business partners etc...), and that not always willingly, as some of them told - well, that part will certainly be swept under the carpet.

FormKnownAs 08-03-2010 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argos (Post 392376)
Well, then...
If you don't mind you can tell me then, how they dealt with the introduction of like half a dozen bassists in the script of a oneandahalf hours' film. My other curiosity about the plot - how much they reveal about their busy fornicating every important person in their surroundings (producer, his friends, business partners etc...), and that not always willingly, as some of them told - well, that part will certainly be swept under the carpet.

ha, im not sure i understand all you wanna know, however, what you might wanna know is that the movie is NOT a documentary :heh: so it doesnt even follow the runaways full career...

Argos 08-03-2010 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormKnownAs (Post 392392)
...the movie is NOT a documentary :heh: so it doesnt even follow the runaways full career...

Ok then. A fairytale! And why the name 'The Runaways' and not 'The Whoevers'? I'll never understand Hollywood.... :rolleyes:

FormKnownAs 08-03-2010 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argos (Post 392400)
Ok then. A fairytale! And why the name 'The Runaways' and not 'The Whoevers'? I'll never understand Hollywood.... :rolleyes:

this is an independent movie, not exactly appropriate to name-drop Hollywood here :heh:

where do you live? in a village? get with the program .... there already is a documentary about the Runaways anyway, it's called Edgeplay...

Argos 08-03-2010 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormKnownAs (Post 392409)
not exactly appropriate to name-drop Hollywood here :heh:

Ok, then Santa Monica (production company) - BIIG difference, muahaha!
Quote:

where do you live? in a village?

In a village, where people don't use really existing names, really existing people, really existing history for a fairytale. If Stewart plays Jett, Fanning plays Currie, Taylor-Compton plays Ford, Maeve plays West, Shannon plays Fowley (hey, I don't see any real existing bassist in the casting - they SKIPPED her! OMG, they are small-brains), then you can't say that it's just some story.
Quote:

get with the program ....

Which one? Dumbing down an audience? No, thank you!

FormKnownAs 08-03-2010 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argos (Post 392411)
Ok, then Santa Monica (production company) - BIIG difference, muahaha!

you are really losing me here...

Quote:

In a village, where people don't use really existing names, really existing people, really existing history for a fairytale. If Stewart plays Jett, Fanning plays Currie, Taylor-Compton plays Ford, Maeve plays West, Shannon plays Fowley (hey, I don't see any real existing bassist in the casting - they SKIPPED her! OMG, they are small-brains), then you can't say that it's just some story.
yeah? there is a bass player, who is an amalgamation of all the actual bass players.... there were only one lead guitar, one rhythm guitar, one singer in the original runaways, just bass player craziness .... also, Vicki Blue produced the original documentary about the Runaways and this movie is done with huge collaboration with Joan Jett ... SO, it comes as no surprise that when Joan Jett was the only one that did not participate in the Edgeplay, this time around the story is told through the prism of Joan's vision ... I'm sure the Runaways are still not in the most friendly terms :heh: ... SO, all 5 bass players got mixed into one, Joan and Cherie are the center stage of this story

Quote:

Which one? Dumbing down an audience? No, thank you!
muah haha, let me talk to you when i have seen the final version of the film, not just comment on a very early cut that i saw... but what i know so far is that the movie is shot very nicely ;)

FormKnownAs 09-03-2010 10:05

oooops, I am back again, but now I've made my promotion here a serious job :gigi:

since it's leaked all over BOO! here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtIdZ...layer_embedded ... and even though, my connection is with Stew, I have to admit Dakota Fanning is really growing on me :) .... not quite the original, but good effort girlies

Argos 09-03-2010 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by FormKnownAs (Post 392413)
there is a bass player, who is an amalgamation of all the actual bass players.... ... I'm sure the Runaways are still not in the most friendly terms :heh: ...

Oh yes, the revenge of the egomaniacs! :D Edgeplay produced by the two bass players Vicki Blue and Jackie Fox and Joanie refusing to participate, now Joanie and Cherie and Joanie and Cherie with the bassists wiped out - yeah, that's the Runaways I learned to know decades ago! :coctail:

Now I'm expecting Sandy to make the next Runaways movie with herself, the drums always in the foreground of course, a chimera of the other members (Joanie, Lita, Cherie, Peggy, Vicki, Jackie, Laurie), let's say, doing some rhythm guitar in the background, and some fictional characters for the other instruments. You see I'm slowly understanding your 'program'! :gigi:

The more you drum up for this movie-mega-bomb, the more curious I get. Maybe I'll even download it and - oh shock! - even watch (for the fun of it!). Hey, Joanie making out with Cherie, heavily stoned, that's always fun to watch! :chupa:

FormKnownAs 09-03-2010 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argos (Post 392438)
Oh yes, the revenge of the egomaniacs! :D Edgeplay produced by the two bass players Vicki Blue and Jackie Fox and Joanie refusing to participate, now Joanie and Cherie and Joanie and Cherie with the bassists wiped out - yeah, that's the Runaways I learned to know decades ago!

why would that make for a bad movie? ... I still do not understand that logic...

Quote:

Now I'm expecting Sandy to make the next Runaways movie with herself, the drums always in the foreground of course, a chimera of the other members (Joanie, Lita, Cherie, Peggy, Vicki, Jackie, Laurie), let's say, doing some rhythm guitar in the background, and some fictional characters for the other instruments. You see I'm slowly understanding your 'program'!
Unfortunately, that will never happen... sandy died years ago.

Quote:

The more you drum up for this movie-mega-bomb, the more curious I get. Maybe I'll even download it and - oh shock! - even watch (for the fun of it!). Hey, Joanie making out with Cherie, heavily stoned, that's always fun to watch!
of course you're gonna watch it :heh: no need to make it sound shocking.... and YES, why wouldnt it be fun to watch... stew and dakota making out and doing drugs.... def sounds like fun to me ;)