Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Questions to the Moderators (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Reputation and Reputation power (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=7440)

coolasfcuk 10-06-2004 16:45

kids, kids, kids..... lets not turn this into a 'playroom' , behave... i tell ya :nunu:

Offtop:
Quote:

and to suck up a little, coz maybe i?ll come to bg this summer
hihi, keep in touch veggie, send PMs to let me know :D

Mad Debz 10-06-2004 16:49

Talk about making a moutain out of a mole hill. I think it's quite a fun idea. I probably wont have the time to use it, but you never know. I was suprised to find I actually had some points lol! I will defanatly try and use it when people give useful info, pics ect, too often thankyous get lost or it feels like no ones really bothered about all the things you do. It should be used for a bit of fun and I really hope people don't start negative reputationing (if thats a word, LOL!) for serious vengfull resons or because they really can't stand a person. Negative "reping" should be a playfull thing say for a real bad typo(Look out forre! ;) ) , if you get me. No rep wars! :p

*runs and hides*

Lux 10-06-2004 16:51

kate - how can you dictate the intention of the system? people will do whatever they want with it, it's out of your hands.

EDIT: i understand the intentions of this system, but it's blatantly obvious that this will turn out to be who is favorited on the forum.

Igor 10-06-2004 16:59

And what if to remove negative reputation? There will be no rep wars.

Unplugged 10-06-2004 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
i understand the intentions of this system, but it's blatantly obvious that this will turn out to be who is favorited on the forum.

:blabla:
Worried about getting low points?

Lux 10-06-2004 17:05

staringelf :lol: you're so predictable

denial 10-06-2004 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by staringelf
:blabla:

wouldn't you?

haku 10-06-2004 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Debz
I will defanatly try and use it when people give useful info, pics ect, too often thankyous get lost or it feels like no ones really bothered about all the things you do.

I agree, that's how i see this system. When someone post an information and people don't want to reply because they don't have anything to say but are still glad that this information was brought to them, they can at least show their appreciation by increasing the poster's rep.
Since we can see in the User CP which posts people have appreciated, at least the poster will know that people are glad they posted the information (and if people are not glad that they posted the information, that's also good to know), instead of having a thread that remains empty for hours and makes you wonder if people are even reading it (i know how that feels, lol).

Unplugged 10-06-2004 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by denial
wouldn't you?

:laugh: Ummm... no!? :D

Lux 10-06-2004 17:09

igor, maybe removing the negative reputation thing is a good way to keep people from playing favorites too much. :D

denial - long time no see. ;)

coolasfcuk - what about keeping this place from being a playroom? :rolleyes:

teeny 10-06-2004 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by staringelf

I'm worried not for getting low points, but for people to give out bad points for stupid reasons.
It's not the system vs. me I'm concerned about is people useing it for revenge and private matters.
If I was to give bad credit your post would get a bad point cos I don't really like the argument being given.

So yes, Igor, from that point of view removing the bad credit part would be a good thing. The good credit will mean what it means. Everyone seems to enjoy handing out credits anyway so go ahead. I just won't contribute and that shouldn't mean anything.

Mad Debz 10-06-2004 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igor
And what if to remove negative reputation? There will be no rep wars.

See how it goes for a few weeks? If people do take big offence from always being given minus points, then remove it. :) Wait and see. ;)

Lux 10-06-2004 17:20

i agree with teeny. case in point: i have already gotten a negative reputation credit, although the origins were predictable, i don't see the point of this system. if there is no way to reinforce how people use it, it can warp into playing who has more power to lower the reputation points of someone they simply don't like. some of us can use the system as what it is intended for, but without any way to monitor how people use it, things can get dishonest.

coolasfcuk 10-06-2004 17:56

staringelf, lets not pick fights, yeah?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux
coolasfcuk - what about keeping this place from being a playroom? :rolleyes:

please, dont roll your eyes @ me.

this was introduced to you ('you' = everybody, not just Lux) as a 'fun' little addition to the forum.. lets see if you guys can handle it well...or if it'll turn into a 'big problem' ;)

Lux 10-06-2004 18:02

cool, i didnt want to personally attack anyone. how else do i get your attention? oh, and another thing. how can i sign out of the reputation thingie?

EDIT: nevermind. you can't sign out of it. :rolleyes:

madeldoe 10-06-2004 18:18

okee..well im on a time budget at the moment..soo im unable to review all the threads *cough*
but i have a few inquiries..can i find out who gave or deducted my points? as well as how much i was given or deducted?

Lux 10-06-2004 18:20

nataku - click on User CP ;)

teeny 10-06-2004 18:20

ms. nataku, it's in the CP part. Below the threads listed that you are watching. At the bottom it shows how gave/took points and if they said so, the reason why.

Mad Debz 10-06-2004 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by nataku
but i have a few inquiries..can i find out who gave or deducted my points? as well as how much i was given or deducted?

On the tool bar at the top of your page, there is "User CP", just click on that. :)

haku 10-06-2004 18:34

Well, you can see that you were given or taken points, and for which posts, but you can't see by *who*, right? Or maybe i've missed something (which wouldn't be surprising, lol).