Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   General discussions (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   "She alledgedly killed grandma to be with lover" (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=5394)

ypsidan04 30-09-2003 14:34

"She alledgedly killed grandma to be with lover"

Man, talk about Not Gonna Get Us!! This happened right near where I live. These two didn't run away when they couldn't be together. No, they killed the girls grandmother because she wouldn't let them be together. These two girls are 16 and 17, and they killed this 64 year-old woman, all because they wanted to be together. I really don't know what to think about it. - sounds like a plot to a dark and gory fanfic. :hmmm: - Could get life in prison.

http://www.freep.com/news/locway/teens30_20030930.htm

invisible 30-09-2003 15:28

That reminds me of the movie Heavenly Creatures. This movie based on a true story as well. All I have to say is, too much love will kill people. :hmmm:

BTW The link doesn't work for me.

QueenBee 30-09-2003 20:30

Quote:

"She is the love of my life," Collier told a homicide investigator hours after the Detroit teens allegedly beat Atkins to death with a hammer and then set her on fire.
Aww how cute. :rolleyes: I think it's really terrible that they couldn't be together, but killing somebody for it? If they want to kill homophobes that think they are disgusting, they should kill half of the population (I may be off).

Quote:

Patterson's parents, Sharon Moore and Forrest Patterson, said their daughter denies any involvement in Atkins' killing. They said they don't believe their daughter is a lesbian and has only been known to date boys.

"She was over there that day, but she said she smelled gas and left," Sharon Moore said. "I believe her. She didn't do anything."
Oh look, it's the denying mother, how original. :rolleyes: People like HER piss me off, I'd rather see HER dead than the grandmother *Is mean* And that daughter seems really f#cked up too, since they say she is deying it. (I also read that she was the one who was brave enough to kill the grandmother):

Quote:

When it came time to hit Atkins, Collier said she couldn't do it. But Patterson said she could. "She kept on hitting her until part of the hammer got stuck in my grandmother's eye," Collier said.

Kappa 30-09-2003 21:03

Aw, so nice. :gigi:

Uhaku 18-03-2004 08:38

Quote:

Originally posted by invisible
That reminds me of the movie Heavenly Creatures. This movie based on a true story as well. All I have to say is, too much love will kill people. :hmmm:

I thought of the movie, too. It was directed by the same guy, Peter Jackson, who made LOTR. ^_^ Good movie.

Back to the subject, this is too scary to be any fanfic, I think. :dead:

freddie 18-03-2004 09:01

Quote:

Patterson's parents, Sharon Moore and Forrest Patterson, said their daughter denies any involvement in Atkins' killing. They said they don't believe their daughter is a lesbian and has only been known to date boys.
Mwahaha. She's only been KNOWN to date boys. Lol
I bet she wasn't known for kiling old ladies either, but she apparently did.

I don't know where those girls sense of logic was... couldn't they just wait for a year more till they turn 18 and keep it a secret till then? I mean they wouldn't have to get together at eachothers houses. Most coulples (gay or straight) can't do that anyway.

Well... what can you say. Kids today. Thinking that killing their grandmother's gonna solve all the problems for them. :rolleyes:

ypsidan04 19-03-2004 05:24

Quote:

Originally posted by freddie
Well... what can you say. Kids today. Thinking that killing their grandmother's gonna solve all the problems for them. :rolleyes:
Solves one problem, opens up twenty. :dknow:

Surprised this thread got bumped up. :none:

It's sad when you hear about teenagers getting a life sentence. What a waste. I have no clue what the status of this case is however. :dknow:

rANdoMtATuFaN 19-03-2004 07:27

Jeez...They just threw their whole lives away. And for what? Nothing. All they had to do was wait a while. This way, they won't be together, anyway (most likely, they'll be in separate prisons if they're tried as adults).

elwolf_x 19-03-2004 21:10

Quote:

Collier said she ran to get the gas can, and they set the house on fire. They then left and went to see a movie.
Obviously this isn't exactly the best publicity for a young lesbian couple, huh?

Unplugged 19-03-2004 21:24

Quote:

Man, talk about Not Gonna Get Us!!
:laugh:

...With a hammer?! WTF :bum:

shizzo 19-03-2004 21:56

Quote:

Posted by staringelf :
...With a hammer?! WTF
In the eye, no less! :D

ypsidan04 19-03-2004 23:30

Quote:

Originally posted by cniaju
In the eye, no less! :D
"That's going to leave a mark!!!" ;)

taty994945 25-03-2004 07:26

those idiots!

rosh 25-03-2004 09:29

Quote:

Originally posted by taty994945
those idiots!
eh ? err okay then ... someone does have a lot of time on their hands =)

we should write a new song for these girls, we can call it "not gonna get away with it" hehe

ypsidan04 25-03-2004 21:20

Quote:

Originally posted by rosh
we should write a new song for these girls, we can call it "not gonna get away with it" hehe
:lol: Good one. :laugh:

ypsidan04 27-03-2004 18:26

You're right, Rosh. They aren't getting away with it.

*UPDATE*

They said they did it in the name of love. But two Wayne County Circuit Court juries decided they did it in cold blood.

On Thursday, the juries convicted Larketa Collier, 16, and Sharon Patterson, 17, of first-degree murder for killing Collier's 64-year-old grandmother, Bertha Atkins, because she disapproved of the couple's lesbian relationship.

The two young women are likely to be sentenced to spend the rest of their lives in separate state prisons, with no chance of parole. Collier also was convicted of arson.

That's really sad. :( They'll never see each other again. :( Created their own prison. :(

Rest of article

Unplugged 27-03-2004 18:30

Yeah it's sad :(

But... they were dumb. There's always another way, they didn't need to kill her :hmmm:

rosh 27-03-2004 20:30

this really is sad ! i can understand how impetuous people can be at times but really ... they could have waited. i guess something in them felt they couldnt and now theyve sentenced themselves to dead end lives.

Lux 02-04-2004 19:15

im surprised i didnt catch this considering how close i am :none: aw, they went to watch a movie right after :none: