Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   TatySite.net Forum Awards (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   TatySite.net Forum Awards 2004 - Best Statement Maker (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=8370)

haku 06-01-2005 15:34

TatySite.net Forum Awards 2004 - Best Statement Maker

Vote for the Best Statement Maker!

* Voting will be closed on 5 february 2005 *

Unplugged 06-01-2005 16:04

Haku!

Clear, eloquent, always with a huge backing of facts and resources supporting him in every discussion.
Brilliant, and always with the enough ammount of subtle humour to finnish up. Totally deserves it :D

spyretto 06-01-2005 17:09

yeah haku, please. Take me out of this one too :D

Mossopp 06-01-2005 23:40

Haku. No contest.

Rachel 07-01-2005 00:46

Definately Haku, although spy's witty comments are pretty good, although I didn't appreciate them til after the anatomy of course LOL

teeny 07-01-2005 13:05

spyretto.. even though he seems to play devils advocate at times, the messages are strong and clear either way

marina 07-01-2005 13:24

Haku

freddie 07-01-2005 16:06

I think spy should get this one. Some of you are misinterpreting what a "best statement maker" is, actually. It's someone who can make a one-line comment that doesn't NEED any additional commentary, or supportive facts added. Like with Hollywood one-liners.

Unplugged 07-01-2005 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie
Some of you are misinterpreting what a "best statement maker" is, actually.

Not really. For me a statement has to have support. Anyone can do "one-liners", so what, what's so impressive about that? :dknow: For the impressive statements are the ones who are well supported and coherent. The rest is small talk.

freddie 07-01-2005 16:15

No. Then it turns into a discussion. Maybe we should have a seperate award for that. But it really doesn't have anything to do with the "best statement". Most best statements out there make no sense whatsoever. You have to be inteligent enough to see through them, without a coherent explanation being offered to you on a plate. That's boring and goes against anything that "a statement" should represent.

Unplugged 07-01-2005 16:18

OK, I don't agree. There are many good statements out there (and I don't mean only on this site) that make much sense and one doesn't need to be very intelligent to see through them, because they are obvious and coherent enough. Anyone can drop a one-liner like a "bomb" and have people discussing it. But to drop a one-liner that one can see that's actually based on facts and that has a coherent structure, that's a little bit harder. ;)

freddie 07-01-2005 16:31

No.

Mossopp 07-01-2005 20:46

I completly agree with staringelf. Spyretto makes lots of quips and one-liners but they are neither humourous nor insightful and most of the time he's just trying to annoy. He says things to shock - to see what effect they have. Anyone can do that. But it takes someone with a certain quality to not only come out with effective one-liners but to make others think and get a well-informed and coherant point across at the same time.

freddie 07-01-2005 21:48

A statement is sometimes MEANT to provoke, without offering any rationale behind it... or offering one, but concealed, hidden to be uncovered with one's own inteligence.

Remember Ivan's one-liners? He didn't say ANYTHING after a 30 minute long interview. We learned nothing new, yet he had us all discussing the things he said. His statements drew people into a discussion. It's all about the effect it has on us, which is not always positive. Infact it usualy isn't. Remember forre's "dream on" statement (sorry forre girl, I'm not dissing you here or anything, I'm just using you as an example, of a good statement. :p) ...people got upset and aggitated by that and they talked about it for months after that. It was pretty simple and consise. And the statement-maker didn't offer any rationale behind her thinking... it was just there.. in all our faces. That WAS an example of a good statement. And it's exactly against everything Staringelf and Mossopp are saying, isn't it?

coolasfcuk 07-01-2005 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by freddie
A statement is sometimes MEANT to provoke, without offering any rationale behind it... or offering one, but concealed, hidden to be uncovered with one's own inteligence.
Remember forre's "dream on" statement [...] That WAS an example of a good statement. And it's exactly against everything Staringelf and Mossopp are saying, isn't it?

:yes:

spyretto 07-01-2005 21:58

freddie, remind me to add up 10% over your fee, ok? cheers ;)

QueenBee 07-01-2005 22:05

I love Haku's statements, he always (as said) backs them up with facts.

I'm still going to vote for Spyretto, for the reasons stated above. He makes intelligent comments and expresses himself amazingly. ;) I really have nothing else to say on this as everything has already been said.

Go Spy! *cheerleader*

Mossopp 07-01-2005 23:46

So we're comparing spyretto to Ivan fucking Shapavalov now? Oh for the love of.........! :rolleyes:
I guessed I must have missed all the threads featuring Spy's great statements - last I knew he was talking ill-informed nonsense about a bunch of nu-metal bands for no other reason than to piss me off. Yeah, great "statement maker"! :rolleyes:
And I completely disagree that
Quote:

"A statement is sometimes MEANT to provoke, without offering any rationale behind it... "
. A 'statement without any rationale' is, by definition, exactly the same as 'talking for the sake of hearing your own voice'. If that is what this award is really about then we should be handing it to Spy on a silver platter! :bebebe:

QueenBee 07-01-2005 23:56

Actually, I enjoyed reading what Spy had to say about Tatu & Co. Haku is for me the nicest person, most generous. Maybe even the smartest (not saying he's more intelligent that the rest of us, of course). He has facts to prove his points, which is great 'cause people can't dis him in that case. :laugh: I'm kidding. But he has alot of facts (I still can't understand where he gathers all this from o.O) and proves his points in an intelligent and nice way without trying to hurt anyone's feelings, and being fair.

Spyretto on the other hand doesn't seem to give a damn and says what he wants to say which I find witty and entertaining. :yes:

Mossopp 07-01-2005 23:58

Well, I just find him immature and annoying.
Whatever.
This discussion is just going round and round in circles.
I don't think spyretto deserves this award. End of story. But it's not up to me - let the voters decide.