Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   General discussions (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   down with the Sickness (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=6128)

Lux 28-11-2003 05:34

down with the Sickness

not a thread about Disturbed..
i'm very sick, heh. i've been sick for over a week and i haven't been this sick for years...nevertheless i have to get better cause this sucks.
:none:

maybe its the season, or the fact that i'm depressed..hah. ha. heh. i've taken lots of medicine and things don't really work so i was wondering

what does everyone do to get better?
what does everyone do while being sick?

[i'm getting tired of staring at things, laying down, and staring at things while laying down. :lalala:]
*running out of ideas* snapping into a zomibe-like state drains me completely.

shizzo 28-11-2003 05:39

It does seem that the flu plague gets a bit worse each year. :|

I drink loads of water when sick. Clichй aside, it really does flush
the sickness out of your system. [Or at least dilute it enough to
where you won't feel as sick anymore.] Medicines can take a
long time to kick in if you've already been sick for a while before
taking them - more toxins to overcome if you wait a day or two
before taking medicine.

Echoed 28-11-2003 05:42

Yes. Fluids. Lots of fluids.

~Echo.

Dent 28-11-2003 05:58

If is a flu try honey with lemon. Very good! :done:

Cya

Dent :cool:

Lux 28-11-2003 06:00

thanks people! much appreciated. alright, so far..fluids seem to prevail.

*goes off to drink herself full*

Echoed 28-11-2003 06:13

Oh! Anything citric too. Like, oranges. ^_^

VITAMIN C, BABY.

~Echo.

LenochkaO 28-11-2003 06:31

Get well soon, Lux.

When I have the lurgy, I grate some ginger, add the juice of a lemon, top up with hot water and add honey to taste. You can put some whisky or brandy in as well, if you like. Omit the ginger if you're not keen on that particular spice.

Veggie Delite 28-11-2003 22:21

just honey, vit-c, chicken soup, and way too much tea... and try to keep the air fresh in your room.

you know how people say:
have some chicken soup and get well soon :)

rivierakid 29-11-2003 00:59

How ironic. I have the flu too! ^_^;; And seem to have been getting progressively worse since Tuesday.

It's weird cuz I'm like you. I *never* get this sick. Certainly not enough to stay home from school (which I did on Wednesday). I've been drinking a lot of water, so I'm hoping to be better soon.

And, as you can tell by my rambling, I'm also rather out of it. ^_^;;

So if any of you guys pray, please say a prayer for Lux and me. ^_^

Veggie Delite 29-11-2003 10:48

one prayer coming up for rivierakid and lux :rose:

taty994945 29-11-2003 15:37

I recommend soup (any) with bread. And lemonade. Get well guys. :)

Lux 30-11-2003 08:02

thank you everyone! :)

i've had chicken soup, tea, honey, honey and tea, oranges, orange juice, lots of water ... hopefully back in my adapted environment i'll get better i.e. hellhole of a college house :rolleyes:

rivierakid - get well soon! :rose:

*sips tea*

spyretto 30-11-2003 08:17

Dear Lux :)

If it's a flu forget about it. I can last for months, and it can be so annoying. Try spicy foods and also try Fishermans Friends pastiles. This will ease the problem a little bit. Try lemon and vitamin C but don't expect to cure you. These are for precautions only

I was having new teeth recently so it was also painful for me. Now if I get the flu too, I'm gonna jump off a cliff. I have a FF pack somewhere..

Are you getting antibiotics? You reminded me of "Blessed Are the Sick", that awesome satanic /death metal record. Listen to it too, it could also work. . :gigi: *tries to imitate death metal singing*

Alcohol helps in those situations? I'm not so sure about that, but what about some whiskey or vodka to warm you up? or schnapps? no no, better not to listen to that advice :D

Try FF :)

Quote:

When I have the lurgy, I grate some ginger, add the juice of a lemon, top up with hot water and add honey to taste. You can put some whisky or brandy in as well, if you like. Omit the ginger if you're not keen on that particular spice.
oh yes, try that one. Lemon, honey spices, alcohol all together. It's a bomb, you'll feel so warm inside... although drinking hot drinks can make you feel sicker - at least to me .

try ice-cream instead...noooo, just joking :D

Pop! 30-11-2003 08:33

Quote:

Originally posted by $in
one prayer coming up for rivierakid and lux :rose:
lol. I find it rather amusing that you're gunna pray for rivierakid and lux even though ur name is $in.

*cough*...:dknow:

Pop! 30-11-2003 08:49

..o!...o!...o!

I just remembered...(is that how u spell remembered? I seem to have forgotten, lol)...i recently did a survey on the effects of Coca-Cola on the body for an assignment and drinking warm coke b4 bed apparently helps with the flu.
No wait! I think it was warm coke with castor oil b4 bed.
Something like that. Anyway, just drink some coke.

Veggie Delite 30-11-2003 10:22

Quote:

Originally posted by Pop!
lol. I find it rather amusing that you're gunna pray for rivierakid and lux even though ur name is $in.

*cough*...:dknow:

u're right :ithink: :lol:

ah well... at least i have to try :) and it's not that kneels-and-puts-hands-together stuff, it's something between meditation and praying.

it did the work for me though, a couple of times...

rivierakid 30-11-2003 23:00

Well, thanks to those of you who prayed (you too $in :D), because I'm feeling about twenty times better now. I'm just left with a slight cold and a crapload of homework. ^_^;; So I should probably get to work. Thanks y'all! Hope you're feeling better soon Lux!

febrika 01-12-2003 05:40

ooow poor Lux ..
get well soon dear :rose:
and u too rivierakid :rose:

drinkin lotta water will do good on u guys.
that's what i do either. this is funny, everyone got a flu ..
coz i get one my self either. been one week! :ill:
sneez too often really pain me in the nose !

let's get well soon everyone!

Disengage 02-12-2003 20:21

I got sick a couple days ago. I have sooo much to do by next week with final exams and term papers. If I don't get better soon I'm gonna hang myself.

Lux 02-12-2003 22:07

thanks everyone :lady:

disengage - yeah! finals are next week and there's so much to do i just want to sleep until next year.:bebebe:
not to mention, i'm more sick than i was a few days ago cause last night i decided to winterproof doors in my room so it's not so friggin' drafty and whilst i was doing so i had to leave them open. it got very cold. the more i think about it the more i hate winter. and michigan winters are oh so bad ones. good luck on your finals! :heh: