Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   General discussions (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Parents Complain about Homosexual Undertones in a Children's Book about Penguins (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=10020)

freddie 05-03-2006 14:43

Parents Complain about Homosexual Undertones in a Children's Book about Penguins

A children's book about two male penguins that raise a baby penguin has been moved to the nonfiction section of two public library branches after parents complained it had homosexual undertones...

:D
...more here...

I love people. They make me laugh. :)

QueenBee 05-03-2006 15:05

At least they're fine with it being NONfiction. :D

Rachel 05-03-2006 15:30

Pathetic.

Haven't parents got better, more important things to be worrying about? :rolleyes:

zelda05 05-03-2006 19:08

Parents complain about everything! They showed strong disapproval of the kids program Postcard from Buster for showing two lesbians couple. Bear in mind, the episode had covered other topics (such as how maple sugar is made in Vermont).

Obie 14-04-2006 21:39

It's so inmature,,,,, why don't they just worry about what their kids thake to schools,,, like guns, drugs,,,,,,.... Kids are NOT stupid,.
They spend hundreds of dollars in satanic video games and worry about their little kids watching Sponge bob square pants............... well,,, it's about pinguins,,, but the link doesn't take anywhere!

exileut 14-04-2006 21:44

Spongebob squarepants is geared toward adults I think

Obie 14-04-2006 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by exileut
Spongebob squarepants is geared toward adults I think

What do you mean?

exileut 14-04-2006 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obezyanki
What do you mean?

Its hard to explain
Not the content just how it is presented

madeldoe 14-04-2006 22:19

i wouldnt say that..its broadcasted from a kids channel and is marketed towards children, its just the content is made to appeal to adults too. like kids movies..that tend to have adult jokes because the film makers know parents will be in the audience as well..so they throw little sly jokes in there that they think only the "adults" will get :dknow:

gay content being moved to nonfiction? lol oh how ironic :D

Offtop:
holy crap ive had a over a 1,000 posts? :eek:

exileut 15-04-2006 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeldoe
i wouldnt say that..its broadcasted from a kids channel and is marketed towards children, its just the content is made to appeal to adults too. like kids movies..that tend to have adult jokes because the film makers know parents will be in the audience as well..so they throw little sly jokes in there that they think only the "adults" will get :dknow:

gay content being moved to nonfiction? lol oh how ironic :D

Offtop:
holy crap ive had a over a 1,000 posts? :eek:

Yeah thats sort of what I meant
Im not very good at explaining what im thinking:confused:

Obie 17-04-2006 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by exileut
Im not very good at explaining what im thinking:confused:

Kinda,,,,

Anouk 18-04-2006 10:38

Pretty soon little Billy can't be friends with little Johnny anymore because they hug eachother :none: :rolleyes:

mom - Billy! You big gay-mo!
Billy - I was just giving him a hug mommy, because he gave me his GI Joe..
mom - That's what this dicease starts with, now go to your room! ............... Not you Johnny!

Wouldn't life be easier on those kind of people if they could lock their kids in a cage until they're 55? :rolleyes:

freddie 18-04-2006 10:58

The article once more. For those who didn't catch the original link.