Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   The Island of Arts (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Sean Jon's Music Career (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=11568)

Sean Jon 18-02-2007 19:56

Sean Jon's Music Career

Allo.

Alright, so I'm into making music. I play piano/keyboard, write my own stuff, and have pretty top notch recording software so I put them together. A little history; I've taken piano lessons from 6 years old- 11 years old and stopped because I thought that classical music was shit and nobody knew how to teach me the good stuff. I stopped playing for 2 years and started again when I was 13 and taught myself how to get better by playing the stuff I wanted to play, everyday. That's when I began writing my own stuff, music and lyrics, I don't sing however. I have a really musical father with very musical friends who taught me to record and mix and I did just that when I was 14/15.

So over the years I have gotten a bunch of equipment and software and have a little recording studio in my house. I'm planning on independently releasing an EP titled Objects In Mirror with 2 sponsors to iTunes soon. My stage name is Jonny Prez. It's kind of a play on my real name.

Here's one of my songs that will make it on the EP, it's called Tunnels. Clickity Click

It's kind of a dark, moody, club track and I really like it.

Here's probably my favorite track I have ever wrote and recorded. It's called See You When You Get Home. It took me a month a half to write and a month to record and mix. I love it so much! Clicky Clicky

Alright, well take a listen, I hope you like it. If people actually reply to this thread then I can make this a little log. Anyway, enjoy. :D :p

Dj_Volk 18-02-2007 20:15

Goshh yeahhh
See You When You Get Home is simply amazingg!!

Wish you the best, ur work is great :coctail:

mary_lovesyulia 19-02-2007 01:36

:o ;) really good!!!!

Amy_Lee_Rocks 19-02-2007 02:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Jon (Post 340909)
Allo.

Here's one of my songs that will make it on the EP, it's called Tunnels. Clickity Click

It's kind of a dark, moody, club track and I really like it.

Here's probably my favorite track I have ever wrote and recorded. It's called See You When You Get Home. It took me a month a half to write and a month to record and mix. I love it so much! Clicky Clicky

Alright, well take a listen, I hope you like it. If people actually reply to this thread then I can make this a little log. Anyway, enjoy. :D :p

I love the first one, it sounds like a song that could be used in a commercial

the second one is very good aswell but i didnt like the sound of the drumming
they were to high pitch, and in some parts it kinda dosnt match, but the piano is
awsome, i love it.
The songs sound good for me to hear when im taking a walk down the woods
*adds to Zen*

Keep it up..and sing next time..lol

dradeel 19-02-2007 09:36

Quote:

I had issues with the drums as well... you have eccoed it at some parts (reverb? :p), and that didn't go well in my drummer-head :D But let me also add that the speakers I have here at work suck, so it might sound a little better when I get home. I liked it alot when you had that phaser-effect on the drums a little early in the song (it's called phaser right? haha. I want to learn more about these things, but atm I'm pretty out in the dark).

I liked the piano as well tho. Some parts of that song sounded amazing. I'm personally a huge fan of piano in all types of music, so I hope to hear more of that in future! Hehe.

Quote:

Sounded kinda like Röyksopp really. I like! :)

Sean Jon 19-02-2007 14:57

Thanks guys for replying!

It's weird that you hear the drums that way. I've played it in a cafe once pretty loud and it sounded fine. It's sounds fine with my headphones and computer speaker as well. I don't know. I guess I'll change it.

Sean Jon 15-03-2007 01:55

I have a new track. It's called Song For Shaina. Download here.

I really hope you like it. I wrote it for my friend who I have been friends with since I was 2 years old.

Enjoy.

nath 18-03-2007 15:33

Links don't seem to work anymore Sean Jon.

Sean Jon 31-05-2007 02:19

Ooh. I forgot about this.

I have a couple new songs.

1. Self Titled. There are lyrics to these and though I don't sing, the lyrics are my favorite part. I'll post them later. I love the ending to this song. The last chorus makes me choke up. I don't know. Judge it for yourself.

2. Why I Stopped Running. This is the most innovative song I have ever done. I think it's extremely different than any song I have done and I think it's the type of song you can either hate or love.

Re-uploads
Tunnels
See You When You Get Home
Song For Shaina

Here is an introduction track. It's a short song and if I were to release an album, it would be the introduction track. It's repetitive at the begininng but it gets into a great string section that took FOREVER. It's appropriately titled Curtain Raiser

Sean Jon 07-06-2007 22:28

I covered Rihanna's 'Umbrella'. Tell me what you think.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3606xv

Talyubittu 08-06-2007 04:19

Great job on Umbrella.

manatsu103 08-06-2007 06:02

Woa sean jon! thats sooooo weird Im releasing a Single called "Objects In the Mirror are closer, Than what they appear" I wrote lyrics a long time ago for the song a friend is producing my music and doing my album she's very wealthy her dad Works at a big company, I Luv goin to her mansion like house lol,shes also doin the techno, and Music in the album anyway thats weird but i loved the music youve done! Im glad for you!

Talyubittu 08-06-2007 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by manatsu103 (Post 358424)
Woa sean jon! thats sooooo weird Im releasing a Single called "Objects In the Mirror are closer, Than what they appear" I wrote lyrics a long time ago for the song a friend is producing my music and doing my album she's very wealthy her dad Works at a big company, I Luv goin to her mansion like house lol,shes also doin the techno, and Music in the album anyway thats weird but i loved the music youve done! Im glad for you!

LOL. Just a tip. Most singles aren't longer than 4-5 words.