Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   General discussions (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The paomnnehil pweor of the hmuan mnid. (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=5284)

Igor 16-09-2003 20:02

The paomnnehil pweor of the hmuan mnid.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

:gigi: :gigi: :gigi:

Lena410 16-09-2003 20:21

:lol: :lol: :coctail: That was fun *giggles* great idea! :done: *walks of thinking about writing the next exam in that way*

forre 16-09-2003 20:21

Wow! That's true!

freddie 16-09-2003 20:30

True, true. We kinda memorize how a word looks and recognize it instantly from it's written appearance. Interesting.:done:

DanteInferno 16-09-2003 20:33

eloquently written is all i can say....

Great example Igor........

but what happens if a person is illeterate?.......;p

cirrus 16-09-2003 21:22

Wow! That was really interesting. I feel so smart now!:)

parrish122 16-09-2003 22:28

That *was* interesting!

But I bet after a while, the effort would make your head hurt. :) If you read a whole book that way, for example.

Parrish

Mossopp 16-09-2003 22:41

I've seen this before. I wrote an entire 2-page letter to a friend of mine in this style and she understood every word even though it was all gibberish!
It really makes you wonder... :ithink:

coolasfcuk 16-09-2003 23:04

Igor, wow!! did you just get this in an e-mail?

Ha ha, how ironic is that - I just received this in an e-mail and was coming to post it.... and what do I see- you beat me to it :gigi:

pretty fun huh :yes:

rivierakid 16-09-2003 23:37

Heh...That's pretty cool! :D

But yeah, I think your head would hurt after doing that for long periods of time. Still cool to see how that works though! ^_^

Tom Violence 16-09-2003 23:38

This is the third forum I've seen this on in the past week.

I think it's true that we read whole words rather than individual letters. But more than that, I think as we read we use contextual clues to prejudge what words we are about to encounter. So then we need only a cursory glance to affirm our suspicions. We tend to learn and use language in terms of phrases, rather than individual words. So we probably read that way too.

nath 16-09-2003 23:51

Igor!.....We are connected!.....I understood you as of the first reading!.. ;)

ypsidan04 17-09-2003 02:26

Re: The paomnnehil pweor of the hmuan mnid.

Quote:

Originally posted by Igor
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

:gigi: :gigi: :gigi:

Whoa! That's amazing. :cool:

taty994945 17-09-2003 05:22

thats pretty cool Igor! first and last letter eh?
now i see why those fcuk shirts shock me all the time :D

guesshoo 18-09-2003 00:12

Quote:

Originally posted by coolasfcuk
Igor, wow!! did you just get this in an e-mail?

Ha ha, how ironic is that - I just received this in an e-mail and was coming to post it.... and what do I see- you beat me to it :gigi:

pretty fun huh :yes:

yeah, i got that e-mail as well! :D