Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Lena Katina (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Lena Katina Solo Project (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=12462)

robbie 27-03-2009 10:31

Lena Katina Solo Project

I made a new thread about Lena's project.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blog.tatu.ru
What is going to happen to Lena?
Lena is starting her solo project with t.A.T.u.'s crew.
Yes, your arch-friend management in full team will now work not just for t.A.T.u. but for Lena also.
In the 20-s of April Lena, Renski, Sven, Troy, Steve and Domen are to meet in Los Angeles for pre-production.
Maybe they'll manage to record a clean copy of something.
Pre-production, for those who wasn't aware, means initial preparative procedures before recording. In our case, it's making demos, the base for future final things.
The project has already got its working name and Internet domain, but I will not give out this working name before it becomes official.
The site of the project is to be opened late in summer 2009.
What can I tell about the new project's music, for now: it will not be t.A.T.u., but a touch of tatuish spirit will certainly be still intact.
Sound will be live, main language - English (already foretasting a burst of criticism from Misterio for our abandoning the Russian language).
The first single/video is to be released in the second half of 2009 (it's impossible to tell more precisely).
Album - at the end of 2009 - beginning of 2010.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TroyMaCcubbin
Thank you so much to all the fans who have being blogging about TATU and sending all their wishes and support.

You guys ROCK!

Don’t worry guys, its a new day and with a new fantastic project on the horizon, l’m really excited to start working in April with Lena & the rest of the guys in the band.

Hopefully we compose some great music together and finally get out and play some shows all around the world!

fanoff 27-03-2009 10:47

When did Troy say this?

I'm very hopeful about this project.We saw there can be songs like RB when guys in the band try to do something for the girls.This time they have more words in the creative process of project(I wouldn't even bother to follow if there was only Renski's team who writes the songs).I'm nearly sure that new songs are gonna rock!

robbie 27-03-2009 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanoff (Post 382234)
When did Troy say this?

March 26, 2009 > http://www.troymaccubbin.com/blog.html

fanoff 27-03-2009 10:58

Another quote from Troy

Quote:

We are all sad about TATU coming to an end, but on the positive side more great music is to come and hopefully we’ll finally catch up with you guys in person and play some concerts!!
I hope it's true!

AshMcAuliffe 27-03-2009 11:20

I'm so glad that Lena's got the band as i believe totally in what others have said - that the band played just as a big a role as the girls in t.A.T.u.

RowerB 27-03-2009 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 382239)
I'm so glad that Lena's got the band

I am too. I’ll be far more likely to keep an interest in Lena’s career while she is connected to the old team.

AshMcAuliffe 27-03-2009 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by RowerB (Post 382244)
I am too. I’ll be far more likely to keep an interest in Lena’s career while she is connected to the old team.

I just hope the management team don't stunt her career and potential like they have done with t.A.T.u. recently. Lena has Sven who i think is a bloody good songwriter and producer and i think they have the power to pull something very special out of the bag. ;)

Endri 27-03-2009 17:57

The band seems to be involved in this project more than in t.A.T.u.
That's good :)

AshMcAuliffe 27-03-2009 18:23

Roll on the tunes!!

dradeel 27-03-2009 19:12

I hope they go all out hard rock/metal on us, preferably a little industrial doing so :D

... or is that getting my hopes up a little too high? I just always thought both t.A.T.u. girls could do a nice job in the heavier music genres - but for some reason I feel it is more likely that Lena will one time actually do it and not Yulia... :p

But whatever ... the fact that she's working on with the band and team means the whole t.A.T.u. aura won't completely go away, even though one of the voices do so... and that's good I think :) But I hope they don't create the exact same music though.

Endri 27-03-2009 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by dradeel (Post 382261)
.. or is that getting my hopes up a little too high? I just always thought both t.A.T.u. girls could do a nice job in the heavier music genres - but for some reason I feel it is more likely that Lena will one time actually do it and not Yulia..

Lena can do goth or something like alternative. It reminds me Amy Lee's voice.

Argos 27-03-2009 20:22

Quote:

I hope they go all out hard rock/metal on us, preferably a little industrial doing so :D

... or is that getting my hopes up a little too high?

I'm hoping for some psychedelic emo rap! :laugh: Would be interesting to know, who comes closer.
Quote:

But I hope they don't create the exact same music though.

You won't notice. In the last two albums they had so much different pop styles that you can almost reckon them as world wide pop collections of the '80s, '90s, 2000s. Wonder if even an expert could recognize a tatu sound without knowing the names on the cover. :D

I thought the band would be involved in the production of the third album too, before we got all the demos and infos. Maybe the lack of their professional input accelerated the downfall of the group. Now Renskij should not make the same mistake again. A quality rock<-->pop music, not too emotional (Lena isn't good at showing her emotions) would suit well to her, of course with some challenge on the higher notes ;) And please, Boris, no theme park for the album, just music and at least partly understandable lyrics.

Endri 27-03-2009 22:32

Lena is the real hope of t.A.T.u. fans. I'm sure she'll do great music :)

AshMcAuliffe 27-03-2009 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endri (Post 382273)

i totally agree with this. it's about time Miss Katina got some recognition for being a good wee songstress

MalchikGeiBrand 28-03-2009 00:47

I'm so glad Lena get's to have the band to work with her. They make such a good sound.

I agree with Dradeel that I always wanted the girls to do something sorta industrial. :p
Some form of dark pop-rock with a backing orchestra sounds like a dream of mine.

They just need to write the music so it doesn't feel more energetic than Lena's singing. I think her voice is nice, but she needs to practice on how to make her falsetto notes sound more lively. I think most of us know how much of a pip-squeek voice she is when she sings together with Yulia. :| So I don't think dance-pop would suit her, unless she finds a singing technique that matches up with it.

Vicente 28-03-2009 01:51

My question is if she will do slow songs or rock-pop music. Who knows...

fanoff 28-03-2009 02:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicente (Post 382281)
My question is if she will do slow songs or rock-pop music. Who knows...

Insider has already said it won't be t.A.T.u.,and the band is involved and the sound will be live.So we can't expect pure pop,dance or trance with these things.I'm nearly sure that it will be harder than t.A.T.u.'s,but not too much like death metal :D

We can look at Sven and Roman's group The Collision(Is it written right?I'm not sure) and Troy's solo works to see what they will come to the new project with.

Edgar 28-03-2009 02:40

Quote:

:bum: I'm not sure about it, I don't even think that There will be an album from Lena. My hope is Yulia's album

FiorE 28-03-2009 02:58

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshMcAuliffe (Post 382274)
i totally agree with this. it's about time Miss Katina got some recognition for being a good wee songstress

Agreed! even if she has the damned management as a team, it`s kind of a relief that she has the band with her also and as I understood they all gonna be part of the creative process, so rensky and company can`t f*ck up things again this time, cause f*ck up 2 projects in less that 4 years would be totally L.A.M.E

Lena likes and preferes the slow songs like nichya, 30 minutes, ne zhaley, more than the fast ones, she has said it lots of times, but I`m sure that her album will be full of it, and I dont know think she would try something like nightwish :bum: someone think she could do like avril lavigne and her band!:bum: :laugh:
Offtop:
Quote:

I'm not sure about it, I don't even think that There will be an album from Lena. My hope is Yulia's album
right now she says that she hopes her plans come true, and then she`ll talk about it she said this with other words, but I see her way more difficult than lena

Endri 28-03-2009 03:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgar (Post 382285)
I'm not sure about it, I don't even think that There will be an album from Lena. My hope is Yulia's album

Lena will work with t.A.T.u. management, she has something concrete where to start and she has t.A.T.u. band to confirm that her music won't be only slow balads. Lena offers something new, that's why there is hope. While Yulia is in the middle of nothing, in the states where there are lots of artists who struggle to do something good, but Yulia is so influenced by the temptation of success, and the maximum we can expect is a floppy album. :( However, who knows?!