Unofficial forum of group TATU

Unofficial forum of group TATU (http://forum.tatysite.net/index.php)
-   Politics and Science (http://forum.tatysite.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Anti-gay group launches boycott of Ford (http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=10072)

zelda05 17-03-2006 14:51

Anti-gay group launches boycott of Ford

An interesting article. In case, someone hasn't already read it.

Quote:

DETROIT (Reuters) - A conservative Christian group has launched a boycott of Ford Motor Co., saying the automaker had reneged on a pledge to drop its advertising in gay publications and support of gay rights groups.

The Tupelo, Mississippi-based American Family Association first threatened a boycott in May, but suspended the move in June after several Ford dealers stepped in to broker a settlement.

In December, Ford decided pull advertising for its Jaguar and Land Rover luxury brands from gay publications, but then reversed course after coming under fire from gay-rights activists for having conceded to pressure from the AFA.

"Ford has every right to give hundreds of thousands of dollars to groups promoting homosexual marriage. But those who oppose homosexual marriage have every right not to buy automobiles made by Ford Motor Company," the AFA said in a statement on its Web site.

The group is headed by Don Wildmon, a United Methodist minister, and its Web site says it has 3 million "supporters." The AFA said its Ford boycott was being backed by 18 other groups.

The controversy comes at a difficult time for Ford, which is struggling to reverse a slide in market share and return its core automotive operations to profitability.

Ford spokeswoman Kathleen Vokes said in response to the boycott announcement, "Ford is proud of its tradition of treating all with respect and we remain focused on that we do best, building and selling innovative cars and trucks worldwide."

Ford is not the first company to come under fire for its stance on homosexual rights. Other large companies including Microsoft Corp. and Walt Disney Co. have also found themselves facing demands from groups on both sides of the cultural divide.

In declaring a one-year boycott of Ford, the AFA cited the car maker's sponsorship of gay-pride events in the United States and Britain and its practice of requiring employees to undergo diversity training.

"The goal of every homosexual organization supported by Ford is to get homosexual marriage legalized," the AFA said.

Rachel 17-03-2006 15:05

Pathetic. Nothing more to be said.

Thanks zelda05 for the article :rose:

Khartoun2004 17-03-2006 16:20

i fucking hate people like the AFA. They proport that they are "good" christians, but they aren't. Ford needs to grow some fucking balls. If they pull gay funding they'll loose more customers than a tiny fucking group from Mississippi.

freddie 17-03-2006 21:27

American Family Association :lol:

I've never heard of that. Sounds fab. LOL

Rachel 17-03-2006 21:35

Well, they are based in a state with an average IQ of 85 (lowest in America) so obviously they're not very bright people...

ypsidan04 02-04-2006 03:23

Ooooh, scary! :rolleyes: I think Ford stands to lose more by removing their ads.

Quote:

Well, they are based in a state with an average IQ of 85 (lowest in America) so obviously they're not very bright people...
Quoted for truth.

madeldoe 02-04-2006 09:31

ha! ford couldnt give a damn about gay rights.. to them, everyones a potential dollar sign. who ever's gonna buy more of their cars is who's gonna get more "support." pfft :rolleyes:

freddie 02-04-2006 10:40

That's the splendid thing about capitalism: to it we're all equally worthless. It doesn't discriminate. Money talks.

Hurt Me Too 03-04-2006 08:01

thank god lots of gay people are rich and alot of other rich people support gays...or we'd be like enslaved by AFA people or something....imagine...being enslaved by rednecks..

dradeel 03-04-2006 15:37

Oh my... It didn't really strike as any surprise to see that it was a organization stuffed with Methodists. In this case it's luckily not a big group, and even better; only a minority has such opinions in general. Everybody should be respected for their sex, sexuality, race and religion ... without any exception!

But I don't really think highly of those Methodists that says stuff like this --- even more do they put other Methodists - who doesn't speak loudly and upset people - in bad light.

robbie 07-04-2006 17:07

those group are very very sick.