PDA

View Full Version : Placebo - Meds

zebu
17-01-2006, 11:10
placebo new album leaked yesterday and crampaholic was nice enough to inform me :)
meds rules, songs r so so lovely, placebo r still the best :love:
oh and they also have a monkey song like tatu lol

KillaQueen
17-01-2006, 11:48
placebo new album leaked yesterday and crampaholic was nice enough to inform me :)
meds rules, songs r so so lovely, placebo r still the best :love:
oh and they also have a monkey song like tatu lol
zeb, where can i get the album? i've searched it on romanian hubs and i can't even find 'because i want you', let alone the whole album :bebebe:
me wants to hear the new material as well :chupa:

zebu
17-01-2006, 15:35
zeb, where can i get the album? i've searched it on romanian hubs and i can't even find 'because i want you', let alone the whole album :bebebe:
me wants to hear the new material as well :chupa:

u probably cant find cos it should be released in 2 months. only because of u was on radio premiered last week. anyway the links i got it from died, cos many placebo fans r against listening before released lol if ure really interested ill upload it somewhere ;)

QueenBee
17-01-2006, 15:41
zebu, omg omg please upload it somewhere or else imma die

KillaQueen
17-01-2006, 15:47
to paraphrase my sistah here: OMG, ZEB, please UPLOAD!!! i know it's 2 months until it's released, but me can't wait!! i'll buy the album, bet on it. Placebo are one of my fave bands and i dearly support them. i just cant wait to listen to it, that's all :hmmm:

zebu
17-01-2006, 15:53
queenbee, killaqueen no problem. its uploading, will put up a link when its done ;)

KillaQueen
17-01-2006, 16:03
woo, thanks a bunch!! :rose: :coctail:

zelda05
17-01-2006, 16:44
Who is/are the placebo? Anyway, you girls like him/her/them... :coctail:

Placebo - Meds (2006)
http://rapidshare.de/files/11221274/Placebo_-_Meds.rar.html

zebu
17-01-2006, 16:49
as the 2 queens from the forum requested, heres the new album (http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1ASER5KHT1GOZ28XYF2Y0DKMI0)

tracklist:
1. Meds duet with Allison from The Kills
2. Infra-red
3. Drag
4. Space monkey
5. Follow the cops back home
6. Post blue
7. Because I want you
8. Blind
9. Pierrot the clown
10. Broken promise duet with Stipe of REM
11. One of a kind
12. In the cold light of morning
13. Song to say goodbye

QueenBee
17-01-2006, 16:57
So heeeere's where the comments went...

this is lovely!

fanoff
17-01-2006, 17:32
downloading....

i like placebo's sleepin with ghostsform them,good old days,but anyone know if the members are gay?especially brian molko,he looks more like a woman:D

KillaQueen
17-01-2006, 17:37
downloading as well. thanks, girls! :10x:

Stefan Olsdal (the guitarist) is gay and Brian Molko is bi, as far as i know.

tainted_chick
17-01-2006, 17:37
Anyone got any old placebo albums they want to upload??? i.e. the one with "every you and me"

EDIT: Scrap that can someone upload The Greatest Hits CD that wud do greatly. thanks xxxx

KillaQueen
17-01-2006, 17:41
Anyone got any old placebo albums they want to upload??? i.e. the one with "every you and me" and the other cruel intention song!
i recommend you buy that album, called "without you i'm nothing". it's the best album ever to be released by a band. ever. a true masterpiece. go buy. trust me when i say it's worth it :yes:

tainted_chick
17-01-2006, 17:56
thanks KQ but does anyone have "The Singles" album??

Rachel
17-01-2006, 18:28
Buy it :none:

tainted_chick
17-01-2006, 18:41
Buy it :none:

ok, i was just asking. no need to bite my head off :p

nath
17-01-2006, 18:55
Thanks a lot Zebu and zelda05! Like Placebo here:)

freddie
17-01-2006, 20:58
Thanks Zebu & Zelda!

I've been a fan of the band since 1998. I think they're a really inteligent and sophisticated. Sleeping With Ghosts was slightly mechanical and repetitive, though The Bitter End more than makes up for all that. Brian Molko is such a man of the world - a true artistic aristocracy of teh 21th century. It just bugs me they were never AS popular as they deserved to be. I'm dloading this new album in anticipation.

spyretto
17-01-2006, 23:18
I thought Sleeping With Ghosts was a good album, despite the mediocre reviews - with few songs that excelled though, like The Bitter End and Second Sight. But looking forward to listening to the new album, see if they have improved over its predecessor.

My wise friend and mentor don't particularly like Placebo but liked the new Tatu. In fact he said that they're hardly recognisable ;).
Then to my question why heavy metal has gone out of fashion he told me because "nowadays, everything is metal". These are wise words ;)
I think Placebo fit in that latter statement, they're not a soft band by any means.

razormaid
18-01-2006, 15:04
Thanks for the link Zebu... can't wait to listen, I love placebo heaps. :)

If anyone wants the best of album "Once More With Feeling", I can upload it. I've also got the DVD with their video clips.. could be persuaded to rip and upload it... ;)

KillaQueen
18-01-2006, 17:11
i listened to the new album and, what can i say, it's GREAT. i love it that they experiment a heavier sound (though thank goodness there was no 'something rotten' on this album), yet lean towards slower, dreamy tracks AND keep their trademark sound ('drag' is a perfect example). i :heart: the album.

could_be
18-01-2006, 19:10
The links don't work anymore or I'm wrong? :confused:

spyretto
18-01-2006, 19:11
i listened to the new album and, what can i say, it's GREAT. i love it that they experiment a heavier sound (though thank goodness there was no 'something rotten' on this album), yet lean towards slower, dreamy tracks AND keep their trademark sound ('drag' is a perfect example). i :heart: the album.

Hmm, experimenting with heavier sound? Ok, time to download then! :)

tainted_chick
18-01-2006, 20:39
Thanks for the link Zebu... can't wait to listen, I love placebo heaps. :)

If anyone wants the best of album "Once More With Feeling", I can upload it. I've also got the DVD with their video clips.. could be persuaded to rip and upload it... ;)

would you be able to upload the album for me please? :D

zebu
18-01-2006, 22:19
ufff im in love with the new album. i adore placebo, but cos they didnt release much from 2003 almost forgot how good they r. now a nice big tour is in order :) my favs for now from the album r meds, post blue, song to say goodbye and the monkey is growing on me, it has nice strings and piano if i hadnt mixed it up with some other songs. dont think they ever used strings before.

[Post Blue]
Its in the water baby
its in the pills that bring you down
its in the water baby
its in the bag of golden brown
its in the water baby
its in your frequency
its in the water baby
its between you and me
It's in the water baby
It's in the pills that pick you up
It's in the water baby
its in the special way we fuck
It's in the water baby
its in your family tree
It's in the water baby
its between you and me
bite the hand that feeds
tap the vein that bleeds
down on my bended knees
id break the back of love for you
Id break the back of love for you
Its in the water baby
its in the pills that bring you down
its in the water baby
its in the bag of golden brown
its in the water baby
its in your frequency
its in the water baby
its between you and me
bite the hand that feeds
tap the vein that bleeds
down on my bended knees

brian has colaborated a lot with other artist during past years, 3 songs with timo maas being most popular ones. anyaway i uploaded a song i really like Indochine feat. Brian Molko - Pink Water (french version) (http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2090ENS4TNFU40DGN0G2XWOLZ1)

tainted_chick
18-01-2006, 22:41
What was the Brian ft timo song that was released??

nice avi spy, who is it?

zebu
18-01-2006, 23:59
What was the Brian ft timo song that was released??

first day, pictures, like siamese

tainted_chick
19-01-2006, 00:02
first day, pictures, like siamese

first day was the one i know. thanks Zebu

nath
19-01-2006, 19:01
Another song of Brian with my favourite Jane Birkin in her last album "Rendez-vous".
The song is called "Smile (http://rapidshare.de/files/11368434/11_Smile.mp3.html)" . I love it.

Smile
Don't stare at your face with your nose out of place
At the wrinkles where zits used to be
And remember that smiling uses less muscles
And frowning just makes you look ugly

So smile, smile
And the whole world will smile with you
So smile, Baby, smile
If the whole world just had a clue

Don't mess with your man when he's selling you grams
He would kill you for less and then smile
And don't curse at a whore as you open the door
Cos' your service wont be with a smile

So smile, smile
And the whole world smiles with you
And smile, Baby, smile

Don't sneer at your doctor or Gamble and proctor
Cos' they're just pawns in the game

The perfect prescription is one that you're given
It's filled out in Jesus' name

Don't be scared of your preacher cos' hes just a leech
He's too busy cruising your ass

There's a verse in the Bible
That says we're all liable
For everything that comes to pass

So smile, smile
And the whole world smiles with you
So smile, Baby, smile
So smile, smile
Smile, smile
Smile, smile

Thanks for the song Zebu. I didn't know it but like Indochine usually.

YLuelniaa
19-01-2006, 19:46
thiese songs reminds me of Cold's album : Thirteen ways to believe on the stage. But i still love it...i am actually addicted to the song called Space Monkeys haha... thanks by the way for uploading

zebu
19-01-2006, 19:49
Another song of Brian with my favourite Jane Birkin in her last album "Rendez-vous".
The song is called "Smile (http://rapidshare.de/files/11368434/11_Smile.mp3.html)" . I love it.

Thanks for the song Zebu. I didn't know it but like Indochine usually.

u welcome. i like that song too, in fact i liked the whole rendez album.

anyway, this ones not the duet with birkin, but a cover of famous gainsbourg-birkin song. brian did it with asia argento, usually an actress. one of the sexiest songs ever, a great cover Brian Molko & Asia Argento - Je t'aime, moi non plus (http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0K968UNI7GP272BGYF8700OT1A)

nath
19-01-2006, 20:44
Thanks Zebu...it's funny cause in this song, Brian sings the "woman" 's lyrics..a very passive way... ;)

tainted_chick
19-01-2006, 21:48
as the 2 queens from the forum requested, heres the new album (http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1ASER5KHT1GOZ28XYF2Y0DKMI0)

tracklist:
1. Meds duet with Allison from The Kills
2. Infra-red
3. Drag
4. Space monkey
5. Follow the cops back home
6. Post blue
7. Because I want you
8. Blind
9. Pierrot the clown
10. Broken promise duet with Stipe of REM
11. One of a kind
12. In the cold light of morning
13. Song to say goodbye

how do i play a .m4a file? :confused:

spyretto
19-01-2006, 22:02
can you imagine I'm still downloading? Why didn't you post a valid link earlier, people.

Well, thanks anyway, will direct my computer to that link now :)

nice avi spy, who is it?

It wouldn't mean anything to you if I told you her name, cause she's only known inside of Greece. She's a Greek singer - and one of my favourites. But nice avie too, don't you think? Better than the Yulia post pregnacy one ;)

m4a? I would imagine you need to rename it to mp3? Try that and see what happens...

It doesn't seem to be working. Oi, we want mp3 files not m4a!! :nunu:

YLuelniaa
19-01-2006, 22:24
use itunes..it converts it....then you can use winamp....

spyretto
19-01-2006, 22:26
are these MAC files then? Tell you what, I'd rather wait for the other download to finish...unless there are any alternative links.

zebu
19-01-2006, 22:41
Thanks Zebu...it's funny cause in this song, Brian sings the "woman" 's lyrics..a very passive way... ;)

yeahi know, well hes more a girl than she is lol

u can play those files with real player

razormaid
21-01-2006, 03:27

You can try changing the extension to .mp4 - apparently that's meant to work, otherwise downloading iTunes and using it to convert is your best bet. Also, I've gone away for a holiday so I'll upload that album for you when I get back next week. :)

tainted_chick
21-01-2006, 10:35
You can try changing the extension to .mp4 - apparently that's meant to work, otherwise downloading iTunes and using it to convert is your best bet. Also, I've gone away for a holiday so I'll upload that album for you when I get back next week. :)

wow thanks Razormaid! Looking forward to it :D

Hope you have a nice holiday

rasoska
21-01-2006, 18:45

the songs play fine for me in winamp and windows media player

thanx zebu for the link. i just loveee one of a kind, cos i want u and meds:cool:

KillaQueen
22-01-2006, 16:10
after a few listens, i can say my faves are: meds, drag, follow the cops back home (has that 'burger queen' feel to it :heart:), blind, pierrot the clown and song to say goodbye. but it's a great album, all in all :yes: btw, the official site has posted the cover artwork of 'meds'. it looks very, very good!

spyretto
24-01-2006, 21:29
Easily the best Placebo album since Without You I'm Nothing. But I need to listen to a better quality version so I might have to buy it.

KillaQueen
24-01-2006, 22:01
oh yeah, spy! i also think it's better than 'blackmarket music' and 'sleeping with ghosts'. not that those weren't great, but this is better. still, 'without you i'm nothing' remains on the top spot.

zebu
24-01-2006, 23:00
i think placebo album was great too. they lost everything from that period on swg now on meds theres a bit of old placebo, placebo album stuff.

KillaQueen
24-01-2006, 23:45
actually, i only listened to the first album once or twice a few years ago (as mp3) and decided i didn't like it so i didn't buy it... will have to give it another listen.

zebu
24-01-2006, 23:53
its rough punkish, but nancyboy and 36 degrees, teenage angst, classic songs.

razormaid
26-01-2006, 06:18
Ok people, here we go:

Placebo - Once More With Feeling - Singles 1996-2004
http://rapidshare.de/files/11847143/Placebo.rar.html

Placebo - Once More With Feeling - Remixes 1996-2004
http://rapidshare.de/files/11847095/Placebo_Remixes.rar.html

Enjoy!

tainted_chick
26-01-2006, 11:44
Thanks Razormaid

zebu
19-03-2006, 23:56
anyone bought cd with bonus dvd?

Khartoun2004
19-03-2006, 23:58
anyone bought cd with bonus dvd?

No, it won't be released in the US until April 4... and as I finally found out the cd won't even be released until Tuesday :bum: