PDA

View Full Version : Tatysite.net Forum Awards 2005 > Discussion

Rachel
01-11-2005, 22:26
Next month we are to start the nominating on the 4th Tatysite annual awards! :gigi:

Then in January we will start the actual voting process :)

These were last years voting categories:

1- Best Female Member of the Year
The female member you have appreciated the most this year.
2- Best Male Member of the Year
The male member you have appreciated the most this year.
3- Hottest Female Member
The female member you find the most attractive.
4- Hottest Male Member
The male member you find the most attractive.
5- Most Providing Member
The member who has provided the community with the most material.
6- Most Supportive Member
The member who has been the most helpful to other members on a personal level.
7- Most Creative Member
The member who created the best works of art, the most original topics, etc...
8- Most Entertaining Member
The member who has been the most entertaining (duh, lol).
9- Most Controversial Member
The member who has caused the most controversies.
10- Best Statement Maker
The member who has made the best posts.
11- Best Low Profile Member
The member who, even though they don't post much, you appreciate for their good personality.
12- Special Mention
Any member you think deserves to be mentioned but didn't belong in any other category.
13- Horniest Member
The member who shows their lust (probably for Yulia or Lena) the most.
14- Weirdest Member
The member who strikes you the most as really odd.
15- Biggest Post Whore
The member who posts the most.
16- Most Addicted to this Forum
The member who spends the most time here.
17- Most Missed Member
The member you regret the most among all of those who have left.
18- Best Moderator
The moderator you think has done the best job.
19- Best Avatar
The member whose avatar you like the most.
20- Best Nickname
The member whose nickname you like the most.

If you have any ideas on adding, removing or changing an award please post in this thread!

marina
02-11-2005, 13:20
Well , I'm not clear about Post Whore And Most Addicted...I mean if you are post whore -- you are addicted to this forum! Or if you are most addicted surely you write a lot ! How else can we be sure what person is addicted to this place ? Only by logging on to the forum and seeing his/her name we are not able to say if person is still here or walking somewhere on the other sites...May be we would do one nomination?
Instead we could add new award *Best Newcomer* :lol:

forre
02-11-2005, 15:24
*Best Newcomer*
Great idea! :done:

Rachel
02-11-2005, 16:27
*Best Newcomer*What would be newcomer? How long can they have been here to be considered a newcomer?

midori
02-11-2005, 16:27
yeah i think that is a good too :D

haku
02-11-2005, 16:33
What would be newcomer?Someone who registered on the forum during the year in question i guess?

Rachel
02-11-2005, 16:34
Someone who registered on the forum during the year in question i guess?But if someone registered in January they are hardly a newcomer.

marina
02-11-2005, 16:41
But if someone registered in January they are hardly a newcomer.

Of course , it's not very new:) but our Nomination is for year 2005 so it's only fair to keep January loosers for that award :)

haku
02-11-2005, 16:43
But if someone registered in January they are hardly a newcomer.You're probably right but when there is some music award for 'best newcomer 2005', it can go to any new artist who has released something in 2005, even in january… at least i think.

Rachel
27-11-2005, 17:41
The nominating will start this Thursday, so hurry if you want any of the categories changed before then! :)

Lux
27-11-2005, 18:43
this should be interesting. after all, many of the older forumers are no longer active participants.

midori
27-11-2005, 19:01
were or how can i vote?

Rachel
27-11-2005, 19:05
Voting doesn't start 'til December 1st.

midori
27-11-2005, 19:05
ok and if it is December 1st you make poll or something?

Rachel
27-11-2005, 19:07
No, you copy & paste the categories from the first post and insert the people you want to nominate.

After that we do a poll with the top names.

midori
27-11-2005, 19:09
ok thanks for telling me :done:

Sean Jon
27-11-2005, 19:18
I think there should be a 'Mr./Mrs. Exclusive' for those who give the most news/pics/exclusives/news etc...

Khartoun2004
27-11-2005, 20:59
I think there should be a 'Mr./Mrs. Exclusive' for those who give the most news/pics/exclusives/news etc...

We have that. It's called the Most Providing Member award. ;)

Can we nominate the same member for more than one award?

Sean Jon
27-11-2005, 21:05
lol well we already know who Hornies Member is going to go to... lol Rachel.

nath
27-11-2005, 21:14
Couldn't we make a division between all what is written as news., articles... and all what is visual material as pics, videos....

Cause it could be two different kind of people who bring them and both have interest....
So, in voting, we are thinking "Do I choose videos which are so great and bring such pleasure to look at or do I choose articles ,news which are too interesting to think about ?" a kind of dilemne..

11Russia
27-11-2005, 21:18
Couldn't we make a division between all what is written as news., articles... and all what is visual material as pics, videos....

Cause it could be two different kind of people who bring them and both have interest....
So, in voting, we are thinking "Do I choose videos which are so great and bring such pleasure to look at or do I choose articles ,news which are too interesting to think about ?" a kind of dilemna..
Yep that would be cool divide that award in 2 categories
Most Providing Member [News] & Most Providing Member [Media -videos and pictures-]

forre
27-11-2005, 21:52
I don't think this "Most providing" category can be ever fair enough. You can become a providing member if you have encoding, capturing possibilities and a fact that the group is in your country doing promo. Such things don't depend on you only. Then, as for news - there is a whole bunch of people usually involved. Then, if you know more than one language - it gives you another possibility to "provide". What about technical aspects of this forum? Do you know that this forum's software is not a cracked version of something but a legal licensed copy that is paid for?

With another words - I think this "Most providing" category should be removed.

11Russia
27-11-2005, 22:00
I don't think this "Most providing" category can be ever fair enough. You can become a providing member if you have encoding, capturing possibilities and a fact that the group is in your country doing promo. Such things don't depend on you only. Then, as for news - there is a whole bunch of people usually involved. Then, if you know more than one language - it gives you another possibility to "provide". What about technical aspects of this forum? Do you know that this forum's software is not a cracked version of something but a legal licensed copy that is paid for?

With another words - I think this "Most providing" category should be removed.
Good point... I agree with you.
Also almost all the news are posted by Tatysite team :)

Lux
27-11-2005, 23:20
lol Most Addicted to the Forum - does that have anything to do with posts? and what if he or she is on invisible mode? how do you measure "addicted"? LOL i am thinking too hard about this. WARNING: this is just for fun. JUST for amusement's sake.

11Russia
28-11-2005, 04:49
What a about a new category... like Best Signature ??

Lux
28-11-2005, 05:42
most of the categories are subjective, based on opinion alone and there is no real way of measuring who did what. in other words, this is one giant popularity contest and it's all about who likes whom on the forum. one semi objective category, one that can be measured somewhat, is the providing category. or low key member, which is obvious based on how frequently she or he posts on the forum. same goes for post whore and best moderator. although there aren't that many active mods left in the english section. also, a handful of people have contributed more than the rest and they continue to do so. that makes it easy to vote. with categories that call of member "appreciation," it's all about popularity. i mean, that is what this is, isn't it? a popularity contest. like the reputation system. only when that was set up i remember ppl getting annoyed with it because they thought it was all about popularity and favoritism and on the flip side some ppl loved it, thinking it's a good way to show appreciation. either way, awards..popularity..no really, this could be fun. i don't know why i'm rambling. it's not like this is serious LOL i mean, yeah. :dead:

Rachel
28-11-2005, 08:33
Oook, we shall remove the most providing remember award. :)

Anyone else agree on a best sig award?

KillaQueen
28-11-2005, 10:45
well, sigs and avatars are relative things. they change all the time. so if one member had an avatar i liked once, i might not remember who he/she is. same for sigs. luckily, i do have a good memory and the person whose sig i like still has it, but the person whose avatar i liked changed it and changes it constantly. so i'm guessing these two awards refer to the person who's had the best avatars and to the one who's had the best sigs all throughout the year, right? if so, then i agree with the sig award as well.

zebu
28-11-2005, 12:58
maybe u could put the most annoying member category :)

RowerB
28-11-2005, 13:09
^ Good idea.

Rachel
28-11-2005, 14:23
LMAO Sounds good, although I think some people could take it to heart :hmmm:

marina
28-11-2005, 15:38
Don't you dare to nominate me in this category! :mad:

:)

Lux
28-11-2005, 21:05
i'm sure they take everything else to heart. i second that category. watch i win it :none:

zebu
28-11-2005, 23:24
im sure ppl can take it. its all just fun, we have to have one bad category.

marina
29-11-2005, 11:40
There is a hope for us all!:D See..we have 20 categories to vote and only six and a half active forum members , that means nobody would go home empty handed !

:10x:

Rachel
29-11-2005, 12:21
Ok, so the categories will be:

1- Best Female Member of the Year
The female member you have appreciated the most this year.
2- Best Male Member of the Year
The male member you have appreciated the most this year.
3- Hottest Female Member
The female member you find the most attractive.
4- Hottest Male Member
The male member you find the most attractive.
5- Best Newcomer
The member who joined this year that is your favourite.
6- Most Supportive Member
The member who has been the most helpful to other members on a personal level.
7- Most Creative Member
The member who created the best works of art, the most original topics, etc...
8- Most Entertaining Member
The member who has been the most entertaining (duh, lol).
9- Most Controversial Member
The member who has caused the most controversies.
10- Best Statement Maker
The member who has made the best posts.
11- Best Low Profile Member
The member who, even though they don't post much, you appreciate for their good personality.
12- Special Mention
Any member you think deserves to be mentioned but didn't belong in any other category.
13- Horniest Member
The member who shows their lust (probably for Yulia or Lena) the most.
14- Weirdest Member
The member who strikes you the most as really odd.
15- Biggest Post Whore
The member who posts the most.
16- Most Addicted to this Forum
The member who spends the most time here.
17- Most Missed Member
The member you regret the most among all of those who have left.
18- Best Moderator
The moderator you think has done the best job.
19- Best Avatars
The member who has had the best avatars
20- Best Signature
The member who has had the best signatures.
21- Best Nickname
The member whose nickname you like the most.
22- Most Annoying Member
The member who you find the most annoying.

unless anyone has any objections? :dknow:

nath
29-11-2005, 17:48
There is a hope for us all! See..we have 20 categories to vote and only six and a half active forum members , that means nobody would go home empty handed !
Do we have one category with THE BEST HUMOUR??...;) ...cause , if not , Marina, I realy don't know where I could vote for you !!!:ithink:

coolasfcuk
29-11-2005, 18:06
Do we have one category with THE BEST HUMOUR??.. ...cause , if not , Marina, I realy don't know where I could vote for you !!!
YES, put that one in, I want to vote for [bmarina[/b] as well ... and she definitely gets the humour one! :)

teeny
29-11-2005, 18:08
but the person whose avatar i liked changed it and changes it constantly.oh but I have to change the avatar once in a while :gigi:

I'm not sure who to nominate this year.. I feel like my active days are years away by now, and memory the same. Good thing that I can hardly be nominated for addicted this year :D

Rachel
29-11-2005, 18:20
Do we have one category with THE BEST HUMOUR??Ok, we'll add that category then :)

coolasfcuk
29-11-2005, 18:24
oh my god, this is my only chance ... the avatar .... Shane fans? :flag: :gigi:

Lux
29-11-2005, 18:34
isn't Most Addicted to the Forum the same as member who posts the most? what's the difference

Rachel
29-11-2005, 18:35
But you could spend lots of time on here lurking but never post. :dknow:

Lux
29-11-2005, 18:40
so..how do people really know how long someone lurks? lol :dknow:

Rachel
29-11-2005, 18:54
Well I guess you see their name at the bottom unless they're on invisible and you're not a mod so you can't see them.

Rachel
01-01-2006, 21:13
The awards have been posted, get voting everyone!!!

:coctail: :coctail: :coctail:

Sean Jon
01-01-2006, 21:15
im done already ;)

RowerB
02-01-2006, 00:04
The awards have been posted,
What criteria do you use to decide which of the nominees go on to the voting stage? I just looked at the 2- Best Male Member of the Year and the 17- Most Missed Member categories and I think different rules must have been used.

Rachel
02-01-2006, 00:28
LMAO I saw you looking in this part of the forum for about an hour and a half, I knew you were literally looking for mistakes. :rolleyes:

I'd check it now but I can't find all the bits of paper I wrote bits down on.

Feel free to post your own set of awards if you feel you can do better. Nice to know I wasted a few hours today doing this with an awful hangover. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll have a look for the paper I wrote all the shit down on.

RowerB
02-01-2006, 01:25
I knew you were literally looking for mistakes. :rolleyes:
I was not looking for mistakes for the sake of having a go at you. I was just hoping that maybe you’d made a mistake in the 17- Most Missed Member category. That’s all.

Rachel
02-01-2006, 01:34
Let me check it for you, hang on.

EDIT: You mean convol? Hmmm... xena225 & Echoed both got 5 each, convol got 3, if anyone's not happy with her not being included let me know, I'll delete the existing poll and create a new one. In my notes I thought she only had two votes :rolleyes: I guess that teaches me not to start any of this with a BIG hangover :ill: and without any sleep. :bum:

teeny
02-01-2006, 17:58
my vote goes to the same member either way so doesn't matter much to me