PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations - 50 years of ESC

teeny
23-10-2005, 09:42
So did anyone watch it last night?

Can't say the winner (ABBA - Waterloo) was much of a surprise, but Volare came in 2nd? That surprised me a bit.
I voted for Johnny Logan - Hold Me Now which ended 3rd.

Durring the show there were some short previews of various greatest hits durring the 50 years. And for those wondering - tatu weren't shown. Which is kinda lucky I think, cos I'm sure they would have shown the english part of the performance and that would just have been :none:
But at least the close race of 2003 was mentioned while presenting "Everyway That I Can"

KillaQueen
23-10-2005, 10:08
ah, damn! i forgot to watch! :( :bum:
but no wonder ABBA came in 1st. they had the biggest success after winning the contest at the end of the '70s. the others didn't have such a long-term impact. especially the jokes nowadays :lol:

teeny
23-10-2005, 10:12
hehe.. not to worry.. it was mostly just big screen shots showing. So glad I didn't buy one of the 100$ tickets for sure.

The most out of place bit in the show was Ronan Keating singing Life Is A Rollercoaster. I mean - why? :spy:

KillaQueen
23-10-2005, 10:16
So glad I didn't buy one of the 100$ tickets for sure.
:eek: $100 for uno ticketo?! :bum:
The most out of place bit in the show was Ronan Keating singing Life Is A Rollercoaster. I mean - why? :spy:
LMAO! :coctail:

marina
23-10-2005, 16:23
Nothing much to say ..I'm just testing the forum's new layout...)))
I didn't watch this performance , unfortunately