PDA

View Full Version : Night Watch/Nochnoy Dozor

Kappa
14-09-2005, 03:47
Anyone seen this movie? It just barely got down here, and I must say it exceeded my expectations. :D But I'm easy big-movie bait, so I want to know other opinions about it.

forre
14-09-2005, 10:48
It was fun to watch it. Me and Nath saw it on DVD about a month ago.

nath
11-10-2005, 21:26
Here hate usually blood, violence , and to be scarred in a movie...I really can't bear to be scarred....hide myself under covers or under my coat if I'm in the cinema/theater...it's a psychological torture.....BUT this one was special ....I agree....it was funny .....and at the end could even watch a little the horrible things in smiling .....it has somethig special...
Da! Watch it guys !

Tom Violence
11-10-2005, 22:11
I didn't understand a moment of it. And was rather irked by all the Nescafé product placement.

But it wad dead stylish, so I ended up really enjoying it, flaws and all. Bring on the next one.

Rachel
11-10-2005, 22:12
My friend Bam saw it recently - he said it was good! :epopcorn:

Kappa
11-10-2005, 23:01
I actually liked the Nescafé product placement. It felt like little "in your face" jokes. I enjoyed it loads too, although the fight sequence in which Anton gets beaten up but still wins feels forced and way too Matrix for me.

Dnevnoy Dozor aka Nochnoy Dozor 2 is already in post production and should be in theaters Summer '06.

razormaid
18-10-2005, 14:52
I just saw it in the cinema (in Australia) with subtitles.. I really really liked it. Then I watched the russian DVD that a friend gave me and I have to say, they seemed to have changed the film quite alot for the western release.

I counted about 20 minutes, plus a whole character cut from the version I saw in the cinema, plus a few places where even russian dialogue was changed, although the scene played out visually the same! I don't think it altered the essence of the film - I think the ommissions were to make it a bit easier for English-speaking audiences to understand.

Also, I gotta say the subtitles were really cool.. they weren't just white, across the bottom of the film, but animated and placed in different areas of the screen. I think in the russian version, you get animated 'blood' credits in the beginning - they did this and more with english subs throughout the film - really cool, and added to the film experience.

(gotta say, the cinema release version here had about 2 less Nescafe product placements.. they were pretty damn obvious!)

forre
18-10-2005, 14:53
I counted about 20 minutes, plus a whole character cut from the version I saw in the cinema, plus a few places where the russian dialogue was changed
Yep, it was the case. It was not the Russians' idea. Their Western lable decided it.

marina
18-10-2005, 17:25
Know that lot of people like this movie...
I must be daft. I don't get it. To me it's just moronic nonsense..
Or maybe it's a really good movie but not my cup of tea :confused: