PDA

View Full Version : what other artists do you like?

Myhrr
15-02-2003, 00:35
Me: Lene Marlin

Mr. Cat
16-02-2003, 07:35
I'm a big fan of Bjцrk Guрmundsdуttir's music!

:heart:

=^..^=

rosh
16-02-2003, 09:44
tori amos, depeche mode, the cafe del mar series, cardigans, cranberries, sade, metallica

freddie
16-02-2003, 14:17
Queen, Guns N Roses, Dire Straits, Vangelis, Toto, Michael Jackson...

As you can see I dont have much interest in modern pop -exept t.A.T.u, which are different of course;)

MrZebra
16-02-2003, 21:26
Hey, you like Lene Marlin? Me too!

I also like Alisha's Attic, Tori Amos, Melanie Doane, Tegan & Sara, Jann Arden, Damhnait Doyle, Emm Gryner and many others... Only female Artists.

Manheim
19-02-2003, 18:11
Iron Maiden, Mayhem, Immortal....death metal, black metal. Other than that, I like Nick Cave and t.A.T.y

luxxi
19-02-2003, 19:54
Alanis Morissette, Elastica, Enya, Sheryl Crow, Billie Myers, Rage agaisnt the machine, Mettalica, Nirvana, Megadeath, Skunk Anansie

FadingAway
20-02-2003, 08:37
Jazz: Soulive, Addison Groove Project, Miles Davis, John Coltrane
Folk: Steve Kimock Band, Dave Matthews Band, Guster, Howie Day, John Mayer, Pat McGee Band, Dispatch, Bill Frisell
Electronica: Paul Oakenfold, Astral Projection, BT, Crystal Method, Dario G, ATB, SQ-1, Theivery Corporation, Mint Royale, Judge Jules

Others: Sigur Ros, Radiohead, Zwan, and Sarah McLachlan

Vicious
21-02-2003, 04:41
Rap:Tupac, Nas, Eminem, Yulia (j/k)
Dance/Electronic:Chemical Brothers, Future Sound of London, Orbital, Atari Teenage Riot

Also I've grown to like some of Yanni's "songs"...eep

FadingAway
21-02-2003, 05:04
Vicious the only song I know by Future Sound of London is We Have Explosive. Great song! I can't believe I forgot the Chemical Brothers. I don't know too much Orbital, just Halcyon & On & On and a few others. They're wicked chill =) Never really got into Atari Teenage Riot, reminds me of Aphex Twin. Anywho, glad to see some more electronica. Makes me want to move to Europe, or Ibiza. :)

Vicious
21-02-2003, 05:10
There's gotta be some more electronica I'm forgetting. Crystal Method is pretty good, I never listened to anything other then Vegas though. And one of the songs on that cd is so loud I almost went def ^^;;. I went through a whole period of nothing but electronic pre-prodigy. But they totally ruined it for me.

Maybe thats's how I could get onto t.A.T.u. They've got some sinister bg music. I wouldn't mind an instrumental version of 200km/h.

FadingAway
21-02-2003, 05:34
I agree! But I love the part when Lena belts "but it's driving me mad, goin out of my hea--ead!" But yeah, they have some really nasty beats I could definately dig solo. It's so weird... liking t.A.T.u. because I never really listen to pop music (not going to be punkish and be like "I HATE POP MUSIC BLAH BLAH BLAH" because you have to let yourself like whatever sounds good) but for some reason I'm hooked. Don't think I'll be telling all my friends though... being 18 and all. When I go to college next year in Boston Imma gonna get a BIG A$$ poster though! ;)

Echoed
21-02-2003, 05:39
I, personally, like pop music. It wouldn't be uncommon to find me bustin' a move to Christina's "Dirrty". The lyrics suck and the image she projects is not one that I would take on myself but is none of my concern anyway, but the beat is damn good.

It's kinda hard to "bust a move" to Epic Rock. (Which I also listen to.)

I'm not even going to bother saying what kind of music I like. (The list is too long.) I'm a music-lover. Period.

^_^'

~Echo.

goku
21-02-2003, 05:46
Haha, echoed, you didn't tell me a lot of things.... :D

I like all kinds of music, from rock to pop...

I love all things, well almost everything, so I can't list it all.... But I can say t.A.T.u. is my favorite! ;)

akafatalcharm
21-02-2003, 09:00
bjork, nick drake, elliott smith, nine inch nails, i like a lot of music, but not rap!

Mr. Cat
21-02-2003, 09:45
Yay! Another Bjцrk freak! I don't feel quite so alone now. Thank you.

:flag:

=^..^=

Veritas
21-02-2003, 10:22
There are just too many to choose from - but for the record I suppose I could name a few:

1) Metallica
2) The Calling
3) Anok
4) The Cranberries
5) Babylon Zoo
6) Better Than Ezra
7) Hole
8) Enigma
9) Tasmin Archer
10) Texas

:done:

Vicious
21-02-2003, 13:31
Originally posted by FadingAway
I agree! But I love the part when Lena belts "but it's driving me mad, goin out of my hea--ead!" But yeah, they have some really nasty beats I could definately dig solo. It's so weird... liking t.A.T.u. because I never really listen to pop music (not going to be punkish and be like "I HATE POP MUSIC BLAH BLAH BLAH" because you have to let yourself like whatever sounds good) but for some reason I'm hooked. Don't think I'll be telling all my friends though... being 18 and all. When I go to college next year in Boston Imma gonna get a BIG A$$ poster though! ;)

Heh, I don't like pop that much either but I love t.A.T.u

darkydream
21-02-2003, 17:32
Marilyn Manson,Garbage,Rob Zombie,Cardigans,Bond,Hooverphonic,Radiohead,Nirva na,Rammstein,etc..

Charles
21-02-2003, 18:16
Let me see. A quick glance in my desk drawer here at work shows (in no particular order) Santana, Steeleye Span, Cake, Andrews Sisters, Garbage, Depeche Mode, Jethro Tull, Enigma, Johnny Cash, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, The Bulgarian State Television Female Vocal Choir, Carl Orff, and some Mussorgsky. Tatu is the only music of its genre that I own (so far).

FadingAway
21-02-2003, 19:35
darkydream, just picked up some Hooverphonic the other day! I really like Eden and Human Interest, know those two? I agree with the Rammstein, Feuer Frei! (I want one of those masks that shoot fire) Charles, that's the weirdest collection ever, but sooo cool =) The Bulgarian State Television Female Vocal Choir, didn't they do some commercial for Audi? Old Peter Gabriel I hope, "Climbing up on Solsbury Hill, I could see the city light, wind was blowing time stood still, eagle flew out in the night...." don't remember the rest "my heart going BOOM BOOM BOOM!". Yeah, anyway... :) Great choices everyone!

FadingAway
21-02-2003, 23:30
akafatalcharm, someone else knows about Elliot Smith! I have no clue why I forgot to add him! Favorite song by him? Mine would have to be... between I Didn't Understand and St. Ive's Heaven, tough choice though. Nick Drake too, good selection, but I only really listen to Day Is Done. Man the people on this forum have good taste in music!

IamaTa2fan
22-02-2003, 03:15
the list that goes on forever!
I like M2M, Nichya, Ashanti, Avril Lavinge, Lucy Woodwar, Leann Rimes, Kacey Chambers, Chirstina Aguliarra, Enya, Superchick, Abba, Amy Studt, Dispatch, Fleetwood Mac, J Lo, No Doubt, Pink FLoyd, The beatles, Nickel Back, Creed,+ more

Ripptyd
23-02-2003, 23:48
I listen to...anything.
Jazz is actually my favorite type of music though along with blues.
Acoustic, rock, punk, rap, classical...God ANYTHING I can get my hands on I will listen to.
I mostly listen to indie acoustic bands. I like the simplicity of an instrument and a voice.

Note: I will never listen to Justin Timberlake or Avril Lavigne. I tried. I hated. LOL.

MusicIsLife
24-02-2003, 00:34
I'm glad I'm not the only person that can resolve liking t.A.T.u. and other types of music. Great to see other Tull listeners (talk about getting old gracefully! or maybe just getting old and graceful).

Everything old is new again: I just got wind that somebody -- I can't recall the artist's name -- has remade "Solsbury Hill." I listened to about 25 secs; only comment I have is "don't go there." Some things shouldn't be touched!

freddie
24-02-2003, 14:09
Everything old is new again: I just got wind that somebody -- I can't recall the artist's name -- has remade "Solsbury Hill." I listened to about 25 secs; only comment I have is "don't go there." Some things shouldn't be touched!

That was Erasure. They made a Peter Gabriel cover.

MusicIsLife
25-02-2003, 00:41
Okay. Yes, that is correct. Ouch (I feel myself getting old), I really prefer the original.

mir
05-04-2003, 22:17
with a big dot on two (taty is one)

2 pinkfloyd
3 queen
4 peter gabriel
5 ZZ Top
6 enigma
7 roxette
8 cranberries
9 status quo

im also interested in folk (native irisch) some country sparse number of clasic and the oldies from the 60

luxxi
06-04-2003, 00:11
Originally posted by freddie
That was Erasure. They made a Peter Gabriel cover.

Isn't there a recent cover? I think I hear it often on radio these days.

KooReeT
06-04-2003, 16:14
My list is long and it varies but here's a few of my favorites:
Redman, 50 cent, Obie Trice, Eminem, Nas, Talib Kweli, Common, Notorious B.I.G
then it jumps to
All American Rejects, Audioslave, Nirvana, Trapt, Simple Plan, Chemical Brothers, U2, Portishead, Rammstein, Tricky, John Lennon

-(I'm a fan of everything)

EeZeReal
06-04-2003, 16:41
My music taste is weird, Taty is the only anomalous group out of my usual UGHH tastes.

Anyway my fav artists are Aesop Rock, Sankofa, Slug, The Grouch, Tonedeff, Rise, Illogic, iCON The Mic King....

LoL..I know for a fact no-ones heard of these so i'll stop there ;)

bgirlnikki
07-04-2003, 03:51
I realy like DZ!

CooL Eman
09-04-2003, 18:31
I like dispatch,O.A.R,misfits,rancid,madball,wezzer,phant om planet,white stripes,social distortion,sum41,u2,sublime,bob marley,danzig,drop kick murphys and probly alot more just to lazy to think ofthem

goku
12-04-2003, 01:53
I don't know if this has been said, but does anyone like DetSL?

bgirlnikki
12-04-2003, 01:55
Never heard of them.
What kind of music do they make?

goku
12-04-2003, 02:02
It's rap.. Now before you say "rap is crap" listen to him first... It's in Russian by the way..

Here's a link to the site, I think there is an mp3 there..
www.detsl-rap.ru

You can also download more off Kazaa.. there are tons out there!

Special thanks to Olive!!!:D :rose:

bgirlnikki
12-04-2003, 02:07
What would make you think I would say that rap is crap? Anyways, I don't know what link to click on! It's all in russian as you said and I don't understand any of it. heh heh

FadingAway
13-04-2003, 07:40
I've heard DetSL about a year ago at a friends house who was really into them. At the time I couldn't do anything but laugh. I'm sorry :( My feeble mind couldn't think of anything better to do at the time.

iluvyulia_bstar
16-04-2003, 14:19
I love silverchair, anyone else here like them?

Ripptyd
20-04-2003, 03:18
Yeah, can't forget Silverchair. Neon Ballroom is one of my favorite CD's. :)

deathrider
20-04-2003, 07:28
gothic and death metal bands

lolitagirl
24-04-2003, 05:43
josh groban, remy zero, kylie minouge...phantom planet

Poked
01-05-2003, 20:32
I like... Taty of course! ^.^, ...weezer,All american rejects, New Found Glory, Jimmy Eat World, The Clash, The Ramones, Sum 41, Blink 182, Daft Punk, Bowling for soup...hmm....Good Charlotte,Simple Plan.... uh.... uh....uh...uh..uh....::says "uh" for hours.. Like Patrick from SB!:: ::drooling:: uh....

Poked
01-05-2003, 20:35
Can't forget System of a Dwon and Metalica!

Poked
01-05-2003, 20:37
oopps... I mean System Of A Down! hehehehe..... ::looks around:: SUSHI! ::runs and eats the sushi:: yummie yummie ^.^.. I also like... any Trance music and Techno and Electronica... andI Love Punk Rawk! hehehe

suchAsurprise
17-05-2003, 15:44
I'm in to a little bit of everything. whatever music favors my taste buds :p i love michael jackson, madonna, Shakira, avril lavigne, enya, depeche mode, U2, janet jackson, Aaliyah, nas, eminem, bjork, the cranberries, nirvana, tori amos-i like too many!! and i love t.A.t.U ;)

Slow Toad
26-05-2003, 22:25
Timo Maas
Kosheen
Hybrid
Roni Size
Prodigy
Army of Lovers and loads others I can't think!
Oh and just checking....http://hometown.aol.co.uk/slowtoadsworld/images/silly%20me1.jpg

freddie
26-05-2003, 22:36
Originally posted by luxxi
Isn't there a recent cover? I think I hear it often on radio these days.

OK this is a little late but anyway - it is a recent cover; Erasure made a new album in 2003.;)