PDA

View Full Version : Moses must stay campaign

nikki
17-06-2005, 17:19
I hope I've posted this in the right place. It's something I feel strongly about.

The Moses Story in brief.

Moses Kayiza is a gay asylum seeker who fled Uganda in May 2004 and managed to find his way to the UK.

According to the law, religion and culture in Uganda, homosexuality is strongly criminalised.

If Moses is deported by the UK government, he is likely to face life imprisonment (20 years), torture, or worse.

Why? Simply because he is gay.

Please spare one minute and sign our petition to stop this madness.

http://www.mosesmuststay.org.uk/index.shtml

freddie
17-06-2005, 20:18
Errr... if all that's true he's eligable for political assyum under the UN's Convention Of Legal Staus for Refugees from 1951 (non refoulement policy).

nikki
19-06-2005, 23:58
Freddie, you are much mistaken if you think Governments follow UN directives !

Here's a link to the actual document: "Situation of gays and lesbians and their partners in respect of asylum and immigration in the member states of the Council of Europe". Read section 2: "The Assembly is concerned by the fact that immigration policies in most Council of Europe member states discriminate against lesbians and gays. In particular, the majority of them do not recognise persecution for sexual orientation as a valid ground for granting asylum, nor do they provide any form of residence rights to the foreign partner in a bi-national same-sex partnership."

Recommendation 1470 (2000)

http://assembly.coe.int/Documents/AdoptedText/TA00/EREC1470.htm

Rachel
09-11-2005, 02:22
I just stumbled across this thread, I just checked his website out and pretty much made me cry. :( I really don't understand this bullshit, how can anyone treat anyone this way? :none:

You think the world is becoming a more understanding place, then you read something like that and realise just how fucked up this world really still is. :bum:

<end of depressive rant> :none:

kishkash
12-11-2005, 03:19
i find this SO oxymoronical

"Since the President's comment in 1999, the Minister for Ethics and Integrity Miria Matembe has ordered the police to arrest and prosecute homosexuals, adding that she will fight gays until they are wiped out of the country."

...what integrity and ethics is she using with that stance on homosexuals...

and why is she only wiping out the gays on such a small scale...hell don't confine ur beautiful beliefs to just ONE country...u should take ur integrity and ethics and try and influence other countries.

meanwhile her father was probably a farmer and fucked a goat to produce her as his offspring.