PDA

View Full Version : Google Email

QueenBee
20-03-2005, 02:57
Does anyone here have gmail, the google email thingie? (http://www.gmail.com)

You can't just sign up for it, you need to be invited by somebody who already has it (just so you know, it's a beta version). It's easy to use and has nice features and all, and no ads.

Since I have it, I wanted to ask someone if you want it. I have 50 invites left, they apparently fill up later though. This goes for the Russian fans too.

So... anybody here wanting an extra email address? :confused: If you do, include your current email address in your post, or PM it to me (it will be sent to the address you give me). :)

Taty_rox
20-03-2005, 03:04
Tell me more about this thing, please... if you get it do you have to invite 50 people to use it or something? I'm really interesting in having an account... :D

QueenBee
20-03-2005, 03:52
Taty_rox, no, you don't need to invite 50 people, but you can if you want to. :) It's sort of "elite" in that way, not just anyone can get an account - you have to have the contacts. :p

I forgot to mention there's 1 GB of space, which is pretty nice don't you think?
You can add stars to your emails, so that you can easily find them later by going to a folder called "Starred", there you'll see all those emails which is nice if you have important ones that you want to find quickly.

There's a search box where you can search through your mail (keywords, sentances etc.) or search the web.

Uh, what else, you can create a signature, there are keyboard shortcuts, POP

POP, or Post Office Protocol, lets you download messages from Gmail's servers onto your computer so you can access your mail with a program like Microsoft Outlook Express or Netscape Mail, even when you aren’t connected to the Internet.
and more stuff.

Man I sound like I'm trying to sell a product! :laugh: I don't usually use gmail, since I'm always logged onto msn with my hotmail account and people IRL don't even know I have that email address. I keep it for more important things otherwise it would be filled with junk mail.

I just figured since I had 50 invites I wanted to hand them out to someone who might want an account. :D

Taty_rox
20-03-2005, 04:04
:D awww you're so nice. I'd really like to try it out, because I HATE yahoo! ^_^ pineapplesbitch@yahoo.ca Thank you sweety.

QueenBee
20-03-2005, 04:07
No problems! :D I just sent it so it should appear in your inbox soon :)

Taty_rox
20-03-2005, 04:19
There we go. :D Merci beaucoup!

madeldoe
22-03-2005, 19:52
I didnt know it was available to the public yet. Last time i checked it was still in it's testing stage or something of that matter. but yeh, id like to have one mon, if you havent used up all your 50 referals yet . purrrty please :D

kishkash
23-03-2005, 03:47
its been available to the public for a long time i've had a gmail account forever.

Its ok but i'll be damned if i ever remember to check it :coctail:

la aurora
23-03-2005, 04:03
kishkash, u mean u HAD it when I needed to send that damn big file and was whining i couldn't.. and u were mocking me saying I should get Gmail knowing I CANT have it just like that? and u didnt even think about helping me a lil there? Big PPPPFFFFFFFFFF for u.

u.. u... well.. u learned who u r by now i guess :p

kishkash
03-04-2005, 01:44
kishkash, u mean u HAD it when I needed to send that damn big file and was whining i couldn't.. and u were mocking me saying I should get Gmail knowing I CANT have it just like that? and u didnt even think about helping me a lil there? Big PPPPFFFFFFFFFF for u.
awww boo...r u sad? to tell u the truth i didn't have any invites left...if i did i woulda sent u one in a heartbeat :p

u always think the worst of people u big doodoo head now shutup and read ur ... whatever ur reading

teeny
12-04-2005, 22:18
I have 50 invites left aswell, so feel free to drop me a line if qb runs out or so :p
Think she forgot to mention the support of really huge attached files.. hehe. And there is pop3 support aswell.

A big thank you to the lovely member who provided me with my account and even helped my friend aswell when my popup stopper was messing with my invites :rose: :kwink:

Veggie Delite
12-04-2005, 23:02
anytime sweetie :kwink:

i have 50 invites too, if anybody still didn't get a gmail account :rolleyes:

cirrus
14-04-2005, 17:50
i have some too! :p haha. guess everyone has this gmail thingie....

11Russia
15-04-2005, 06:01
:o I don't have a gmail ... Can anyone invite me?? plz :confused:

*-* Just send a PM to me plz n_n