luxxi
04-01-2005, 16:22
no, erase it asap :D

Lets continue our US policies debate instead

Bush is just as bad as Metallica. :lol:

:newyear:

spyretto
04-01-2005, 16:29
I actually bought St Anger and thought it was good...for 2.5 days. :hah: It was my low point of 2003. :rolleyes:

yeah it happens to the best of people :cool:

G W Bush or the band Bush? or maybe john Bush?

freddie
04-01-2005, 17:31
I went to buy some lettuce today and to my amazement and horror it was twice as expensive as the last time I bought it. :none:

spyretto
04-01-2005, 17:58
Is it off season? :eek: how's cabbage?

freddie
04-01-2005, 18:21
Yeah, off season, but still. They're ripping me off. :mad:

Dunno exactly about the cabbage... don't eat it much, but I think it's less expensive. Maybe I'll switch with these prices.

Crampaholic
04-01-2005, 19:12
I hate heavy metal... In general metal is the most boring kind of music ever :blabla:

luxxi
04-01-2005, 19:27
I went to buy some lettuce today and to my amazement and horror it was twice as expensive as the last time I bought it. :none:

If you think lettuce is expensive you should see BMWs. They are priced as if they are German made. :rolleyes:

spyretto
04-01-2005, 20:41
I hate heavy metal... In general metal is the most boring kind of music ever :blabla:

but i though vampires like it :eek:

freddie
04-01-2005, 20:44
If you think lettuce is expensive you should see BMWs. They are priced as if they are German made. :rolleyes:

Ridiculous. Everyone knows that BMWs are made in small Asian sweat-shops, by 12 year old kids, and then shipped to Germany.

Mossopp
04-01-2005, 21:01
If you're all just going to take the piss and discuss random topics, such as lettuce and BMW's, which have nothing to do with either heavy metal or any other type of music may I suggest that this thread is either renamed or closed alltogether?

QueenBee
04-01-2005, 21:02
I can't understand how you can sit here and talk about BMWs when the price of the lettuce is so high. :(

Mossopp, sorry... :heart:

freddie
04-01-2005, 21:06
Quite.

Not to mention that lettuce has iron in it... which is heavy metal, isn't it? And BMWs are made almost entirely out of heavy metal and cheap plastic.

spyretto
04-01-2005, 21:20
Was it romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce?

freddie
04-01-2005, 21:56
Cos lettuce actually.When fresh, this is reliably crisp and crunchy, with a good flavour, and can take strong, thick, creamy dressings such as Caesar.

PowerPuff Grrl
04-01-2005, 22:09
You guys have no idea how much you are all making me laugh. Thank you.
Lettuce?
Who'd of thunk it?

Oh, uh topic...
Anybody here read the bio of Motley Crue: The Dirt. I heard it was possibly one of the best music bios since that one about Suge Knight. ***shudders***

coolasfcuk
04-01-2005, 22:09
Not to mention that lettuce has iron in it... which is heavy metal, isn't it? And BMWs are made almost entirely out of heavy metal and cheap plastic.
:lol: :laugh: :lol:
that was GREAT !!!

After my brother traumatised me with this shit when i was little, how am i to like it .... and then i see the 'Battle for Ozzfest" show on TV... and today's 'metal' has nothing to do with what i was traumatized with ... :rolleyes:

p.s. mmmmmmm, lettuce sounds good, nice organic one that is still ALIVE when you buy it... so you can 'kill it' and torture it, and then BITE it up... if that's not metal... ha ha, almost compares to bitting off bat heads ;)

Crampaholic
04-01-2005, 22:21
To spyretto :eek: Who told u i was a vamp :P Im a vamp wanna be ;) and not all 'goths' or vamps wanna bes like metal babehhhhhh

spyretto
04-01-2005, 22:36
Cos lettuce actually.When fresh, this is reliably crisp and crunchy, with a good flavour, and can take strong, thick, creamy dressings such as Caesar.

yeah i love Cos Lettuce. Reminded me to get some tomorrow. :)

To spyretto :eek: Who told u i was a vamp :P Im a vamp wanna be ;) and not all 'goths' or vamps wanna bes like metal babehhhhhh

goth pop is pretty cool too..remember the New Romantics? ;)

freddie
04-01-2005, 22:39
yeah i love Cos Lettuce. Reminded me to get some tomorrow. :)

I'm SO tempted to switch to cabbage right now, you have no idea. These prices are ridiculous. :mad:

Unplugged
04-01-2005, 22:45
I'm SO tempted to switch to cabbage right now, you have no idea. These prices are ridiculous.
I think it was funny for a while, but now you're starting a second page of discussion of lettuce and cabbage on a heavy metal thread... Maybe it's time to either stop or create a thread about lettuce and cabbage, huh? :rolleyes: :p

freddie
04-01-2005, 23:07
I think it was funny for a while, but know you're starting a second page of discussion of lettuce and cabbage on a heavy metal thread... Maybe it's time to either stop or create a thread about lettuce and cabbage, huh? :rolleyes: :p

"Know"? You mean "now"?

rosh
04-01-2005, 23:10
ahhh iceberg lettuce and balsamic vinegar !

mmm salad ...

what kind of salad do you think heavy metal musicians like ?

Unplugged
04-01-2005, 23:14
"Know"? You mean "now"?
Yesssss I meant "now"... And that was really important :rolleyes:

And, OH, guess what, I prefer ranch dressing in my salad! Aren't I funny for talking about salads on a heavy metal thread... Applause for me :hmmm:

QueenBee
04-01-2005, 23:18
staringelf, you get a standing ovation from me. :D

freddie
04-01-2005, 23:25
Yesssss I meant "now"... And that was really important :rolleyes:

And, OH, guess what, I prefer ranch dressing in my salad! Aren't I funny for talking about salads on a heavy metal thread... Applause for me :hmmm:

You are! *is impressed*

Rosh I think they'd go for the Round lettuce, (sometimes also called Butterhead) - usually has a cluster of crisp, sweet leaves nestling in the centre that partner most dressings very well.

Unplugged
04-01-2005, 23:30
You are! *is impressed*
Nope, nobody is :p At least, not ten times in a row :rolleyes:

spyretto
04-01-2005, 23:37
:lol: :laugh: :lol:
that was GREAT !!!

Yeah, punchline of the day in my book...but then again...freddie, sorry to ask this but it's kinda bugging me: when you were saying time and again you believe Tatu girls were true, pure, unadulterated dykes were you doing it to get more friends on the forum? You don't have to asnwer the question if it's too personal...

p.s. mmmmmmm, lettuce sounds good, nice organic one that is still ALIVE when you buy it... so you can 'kill it' and torture it, and then BITE it up... if that's not metal... ha ha, almost compares to bitting off bat heads ;)

Guys, are you trying to make comparisons between animals and plants "deaths" to maintain that eating meat is morally ok? Cause I'm not going to fall for it.

On the question of salads metal musicians like, wikipedia has the following : see Carcass

Carcass was a British goregrind/death metal band formed by Napalm Death guitarist Bill Steer together with drummer Ken Owen in 1985. They were based in Liverpool. On their first demo, an Indian named Sanjiv did the vocals. In 1987, bassist and vocalist Jeffrey Walker formerly of the Electro Hippies joined them.

The band focused on topics mostly relating to the medical field and bizarre combinations of medical equipment and chemicals with human anatomy. This lyrical focus lead many in the music press to falsely believe that one or more members of the band had studied medicine. There is more evidence to show that this lyrical focus was a method of pushing vegetarian beliefs (for example "Exhume To Consume"). Typical Carcass song titles from their early work include 'Lavaging Expectorate of Lysergide Composition' and 'Microwaved Uterogestation.

so Carcass were all vegetarians, one was vegan as well :)

freddie
04-01-2005, 23:45
Yeah, punchline of the day in my book...but then again...freddie, sorry to ask this but it's kinda bugging me: when you were saying time and again you believe Tatu girls were true, pure, unadulterated dykes were you doing it to get more friends on the forum? You don't have to asnwer the question if it's too personal...

To get more friends on the forum? ROTFL ... No. :p

... the only thing I said was that they love eachother. I still belive they love eachother :D (ok... maybe that love lessoned by now, since they probably got a bit tired of eachothers constant company. But true love is close to hate sometimes, isn't it? ;)

But never in anyway did you see me say they were pure, unadulterated dykes. If you listened to father Ivan more carefully you'd understand that such a thing doesn't even exist. It's all a part of the commi propaganda. ;)

*chews redundantly on his overpriced lettuce*

coolasfcuk
04-01-2005, 23:51
: see Carcass
:ill:
there you go... there's ONE of the 'instruments' my brother used for torturing ME! :blabla:

die mooooooooofoooooookers, dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :laugh:

p.s. :lol: at the NAME of this thread - 'metal and salad' :lol:

Unplugged
04-01-2005, 23:53
Yeah, wtf ... That's the most fucked up combination ever :laugh: I just get this picture of pale long-haired freaks dressed in black eating salad compulsively

freddie
04-01-2005, 23:54

LOL! Weeeeee!! *slavic high five* :p

coolasfcuk
04-01-2005, 23:55
LOL! Weeeeee!! *slavic high five*
*high five*

which reminds me ... wait till i get some time to record those bulgarian tongue twisters ;)

spyretto
04-01-2005, 23:56
oh thanks for clarifying, freddie

Microwaved Uterogestation lyrics ( not quite suitable for Sgt Lonely Hearts club - or perhaps? )

Fomentatious perflation hydrogenates your foetal cisterna
Coagulating haemorrhage and your congenital hernia

Dehydrated soup - crumbling hygroma
Pectified sludge - dank, acrid aroma

Clotting uteral mucus, dissipating your foetus
Melting your uterus and evaporation your cyesis

Your molten foetus is reconstituted by warm, molten enzymes
Slowly digested in microwaved slime
Your stomach is churning, heat effervescing your succus
Your innards running like hot, sticky mucus

Mangled uterogestation, your perimetrium clots
Your insides cooking, steaming and hot

Now coolasfcuk you finally know what those maggots "sung" about.

luxxi
05-01-2005, 01:03
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG GHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have you done to my thread? You turned it into spamfest. Oh well, if you can't beat them make them eat lettuce.

Anybody tried canned corn and cabbage and some cooked beef + oil & vinegar? :liplick:

QueenBee
05-01-2005, 01:05
Are fruitsalads ok? Or is this strictly vegetable-ish?
*Fruitsalad fan*

freddie
05-01-2005, 01:06
Anybody tried canned corn and cabbage and some cooked beef + oil & vinegar? :liplick:

What the hell are you on about? :spy:

This is a Heavy Metal thread. Rock on, dude!

QueenBee
05-01-2005, 01:08
What exactly IS heavy metal? 'Cause I can't tell the difference of all those genres.

luxxi
05-01-2005, 01:10
This is a Heavy Metal thread. Rock on, dude!

Hey, this is my thread. :bebebe: I'll talk about anything I well damn want. :nunu:

And shouldn't that be put the metal to the petal? Or petal to the metal? Or order another bowl of cabbage?

freddie
05-01-2005, 01:23
OK, OK... lettuce it is then. Here (http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/2267/lettuce.html) you go.. something for everyone.

Queenie to answer your question, heavy metal is by definition any metallic chemical element that has a relatively high density and is toxic or poisonous at low concentrations. Examples of heavy metals include mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), arsenic (As), chromium (Cr), thallium (Tl), and lead (Pb). Heavy metals are natural components of the Earth's crust. They cannot be degraded or destroyed.

Hope you found that helpful somewhat.

QueenBee
05-01-2005, 01:43
freddie, thanks. :) I understand now.

freddie
05-01-2005, 01:54
freddie, thanks. :) I understand now.

I aim to please. :)

luxxi
05-01-2005, 09:35
I aim to please. :)

So please aim well.

spyretto
05-01-2005, 14:44
What exactly IS heavy metal? 'Cause I can't tell the difference of all those genres.

Well, that's the thing. Heavy metal as a musical form doesn't really exist. It exists in all other shapes of forms that freddie very well documented. Instead we have:

heavy rock, hard rock, hardcore, nu metal, power metal, death metal, death pop, pop metal, rapcore, rap metal, grindcore, garage metal, funk metal, industrail metal, goth metal, black metal, progressive metal, alternative metal, brutal death metal, christian metal, circus metal, doom metal, thrash metal, metalcore, new wave of British heavy metal, grundge metal, epic metal, opera metal.

Can put your self-made metal genre here:

( Tatu-metal. It's be the new album by Tatu with metal. Show Me Love Extended had metal guitars, didn't it? That'd give you the idea. )

freddie
06-01-2005, 01:04
McDonald's CEO resigned last month. He's getting treatment for colon cancer. What does that mean for all the Big Mac lovers? Will we still be able to enjoy our favourite snack eventhough the CEO is gone? What about Mcdonald's share-holders and their portfolio? I'm shocked and amazed.
More on this incredible story here (http://resist.ca/story/2004/11/24/183443/06).

This comes in the light of a CEO change at Burger King as well. The current CEO of Burger King is Greg Brenneman, who took over from Brad Blum on August 1, 2004.

rosh
06-01-2005, 09:01
those salads are dodgy mannn

spyretto
06-01-2005, 11:30
Do you think McDonald's CEO fed himself on McDonalds? The incredible turnaround of events shows that he might...

freddie
06-01-2005, 11:48
Do you think McDonald's CEO fed himself on McDonalds? The incredible turnaround of events shows that he might...

Don't think so actually. He wouldn't get colon cancer like that. He probably ate at Wendy's or something.

McDonalds has different tastes, menu flexibility and all the right sizes to fit every active lifestily. McDonlad's wide range of high-quality foods can fit into a ballanced diet. Many nutrition professionals agree that McDonald's food can be part of a healthy diet based on the sound nutrition principles of balance, variety and moderation. One key to a healthy diet is to moderate, not eliminate, favorite foods because eliminating foods is rarely successful long term. In fact, the American Dietetic Association says that all foods can fit into a healthy diet and that what's most important is eating a balanced diet over time, rather than focusing on any one food or meal.

McDonald's varied menu and range of serving sizes make it easy to fit food into a balanced diet and to create a range of meal combinations that fall within recommended guidelines for calories, fat and other nutrients.

If you have any additional question write to this address:

McDonald's Quality & Nutrition Information
McDonald's Corporation
2111 McDonald’s Drive
Oak Brook, IL 60523
1-877-MCD-FOOD

spyretto
06-01-2005, 12:00
Yeah we all know that McDonalds improved their range of recipes. It's still too expensive though for the small rations they offer.

...and those fries...those are fries ? :eek: :bum:

sorry, freddie, i'm not sponsored by McD so i can say what the hell i want :cool:

freddie
06-01-2005, 12:21
What are you saying there? McDonald's French fries are famous around the world. To make their fries, they use only the best potatoes available from their potato farmers. Their potato suppliers make many of the same nationally recognized brands of potato products you feed your family at home and they continually measure and monitor the fries they produce so they can provide you with the best. :)

thegurgi
06-01-2005, 12:29
... i'm more of a Burger King, guy.... Micky D's as well call it, i really don't care for and i know too many questionable kids who work there, haha... but Freds, why insult poor Wendys? What did Dave Thomas ever do to you?

Upon reading this thread, i must declare it to be the most enjoyable read ever

spyretto
06-01-2005, 12:37
yeah BK have more tasty junkfood.

in the UK, there's also Wimpys which is the worst of the lot...

freddie
06-01-2005, 12:38
I'm sure Dave was a great guy. But he'd probably turn in his grave if he saw what kind of food their heirs are serving in Portland, Maine. :none:

And as far as McDonald's is concerned... their workes are all highly skilled and professional. Infact their slogan is: "At McDonald's, our employees are the best advertisement we have for the tremendous potential we offer." *wipes a tear*

Sure. They're good, don't get me wrong. But with their recent CEO change. I dunno if we should still be trusting them. I mean... he didn't even have colon cancer and he was still replaced?? What IS that? :spy:

spyretto
06-01-2005, 12:52
Did Slipknot have a song about McD's?

yeah i know it's not very funny but what the heck :p I downloaded the masterpiece "I Am Hated" and I'm about to experience the brilliance. ( it's a metal thread, innit? :spy: )

marina
06-01-2005, 13:36
*stares balefuly in spyretto's direction*

:D

thegurgi
06-01-2005, 13:57
But he'd probably turn in his grave if he saw what kind of food their heirs are serving in Portland, Maine.
Ah, that's the thing about Fast Food... it really depends on the location. Like in my area, you never go to the Burger King (or the McDonalds too) on what we call "The hill" always go to the ones downtown... just better quality, better management, the works

if you want good Wendy's Freddy, next time you come to the States come and visit me in Rural Pennsylvania and i'll give you the grande tour of our Fast Food delights! hehe

I once heard a "metal" song about Fast Food... but i don't remember who, when or where... but it was funny... loud and angry like "my french fries were cooooooolllld and they had too much [pause for dramatic effect] saaaaaaaaaaaallltttt!!!"

spyretto
06-01-2005, 14:12
Kraf Dinner - Annihilator? ( but no, that's about macaroni & cheese ;) )

Cupboard's bare, I'm so hungry
Life ain't fair, gimme some money
Macaroni maniac, a cheddar cheese heart attack

Chorus:

I love, I love, I love, I love
KRAF DINNER
Boiling water, I can't wait
It's getting hotter, it feels so great
Repeat chorus
Well that was fun, but now that I'm all done
Now sedate, I think I'll buy a crate

Repeat chorus

Kraf dinner
Dinner
Kraf dinner
My dinner
I want it

thegurgi
06-01-2005, 14:36
haha, spy that's amazing!

spyretto
11-01-2005, 01:18
Now the title "metal and salad" really reminds me of an old metal band...Rat Salad I think..can anybody confirm this?

luxxi
11-01-2005, 10:00
Now the title "metal and salad" really reminds me of an old metal band...Rat Salad I think..can anybody confirm this?

How can we confirm if title reminds you of an old band? :ithink: We don't know how your mind operates. :spy:

spyretto
11-01-2005, 12:18
You could confirm by confirming that you've hard of a band called Rat Salad. We don't how your mind operates when you wonder how my mind operates...
But I think it's a song, not a band. :)

Mossopp
11-01-2005, 12:51
I've never heard of it.
Why not just Google it and see what you come up with?

luxxi
12-01-2005, 09:36
You could confirm by confirming that you've hard of a band called Rat Salad. We don't how your mind operates when you wonder how my mind operates...
But I think it's a song, not a band. :)

It's a song by Black Sabbath. :znaika:

Mossopp
12-01-2005, 10:11
What album was it on? I'm at work now so I don't have access to my Sabbath LP's. :(

luxxi
12-01-2005, 10:14
Paranoid

Mossopp
12-01-2005, 10:15
I should have known that! D'oh! :bum:

EeZeReal
12-01-2005, 15:54
Since when did this become a game? :spy:

spyretto
12-01-2005, 15:57
Paranoid

Yeah, you're right. It's an instrumental in Paranoid but there was also a band by that name - I think - probably released an EP or something and then disappeared.

Mossopp
12-01-2005, 16:11
Since when did this become a game? :spy:
Obviously it's not a game. It was meant to be a proper discussion thread but certain people turned it into a joke and an excuse to talk nonsense. It was moved here to avoid stinking-up the rest of the forum.

EeZeReal
12-01-2005, 16:23
Yeh...ok I guess that make's sense

Is it just so people can be stupid and not get a silly post count from it :rolleyes:

ypsidan04
21-01-2005, 04:29
I just get this picture of pale long-haired freaks dressed in black eating salad compulsively

Stereotypes, stereotypes. :rolleyes:

I've never seen so much off topic talk! :p But that's okay, its funny. :p
[QUOTE=QueenBee]What exactly IS heavy metal? 'Cause I can't tell the difference of all those genres.

Very good question. It's not easy to pin down. I could give you a list, but I'm sure there would be someone out there who would critique it....very funny freddie. ;)
Well, that's the thing. Heavy metal as a musical form doesn't really exist. It exists in all other shapes of forms that freddie very well documented. Instead we have:

heavy rock, hard rock, hardcore, nu metal, power metal, death metal, death pop, pop metal, rapcore, rap metal, grindcore, garage metal, funk metal, industrail metal, goth metal, black metal, progressive metal, alternative metal, brutal death metal, christian metal, circus metal, doom metal, thrash metal, metalcore, new wave of British heavy metal, grundge metal, epic metal, opera metal.

What's amazing is that with the exceptions of Circus Metal, Death Pop, and Rapcore, I can say that I've seen all of those used at least once. There's a whole lot of em. :laugh: And you forgot symphonic metal, which is usually used to describe the heavier songs from the people I have in my sig. :D And other times I've seen Progressive- and Power-. You see how much variety there is in descriptions? A whole lot.

in the UK, there's also Wimpys which is the worst of the lot...

OMG. Metal, Salad, and Burgers! :p

Mossopp
27-12-2005, 03:06
Sorry, but didn't this thread end up being yet another excuse for people to take this piss out of me?
I fail to see how this can be a "tribute" to me.

spyretto
27-12-2005, 03:08
Hmm, you may be right. Lets put it back where it came from then, and I'll think of something else...

Mossopp
27-12-2005, 03:10
We could always start another metal discussion thread - one which doesn't decend into a slagging match.

Lux
27-12-2005, 03:44
what was the point of this thread?

freddie
27-12-2005, 03:50
I think it started of as a thread about Metal, then my comment about salads bombed it. Turns out... people are more interested in salads than heavy metal music. Or maybe they're just more interested in Samuel Beckett type rubbish talk.

Lux
27-12-2005, 03:53
literally, salads and metal? what is the point of that? LOL i mean, why the comparison.

spyretto
27-12-2005, 04:40
I think it started of as a thread about Metal, then my comment about salads bombed it. Turns out... people are more interested in salads than heavy metal music. Or maybe they're just more interested in Samuel Beckett type rubbish talk.

Samuel Beckett? Does it mean going in circles without ever pointing at anything? ;)
Yeah it was meant to start as a metal thread and then people felt the need to ridicule it.

No real comparison, but if you go to the start of the thread people started talking about salads instead, so the thread was renamed...maybe because they contain iron???

Lux
27-12-2005, 06:16
this is such a random thread lol

Kappa
27-12-2005, 06:41
Turns out... people are more interested in salads than heavy metal music.

That's not true, I'm more interested in japanese musicals than in salads.

coolasfcuk
27-12-2005, 09:00
:lol:

sorry, but seaking some attention there, eh?

fres, you mother....f................ let me not get into it, but obviously you are the one that started this, you MUST die mooooooooooofooooooooooooo! :laugh:

any other threads that should be revivied from the dead? c'mon y'all, let someone get the attention they DESERVE for god's sake! :rolleyes:

freddie
27-12-2005, 13:50
Samuel Beckett? Does it mean going in circles without ever pointing at anything? ;)
Random absurdity portraying the absurdity of life itself.

spyretto
27-12-2005, 15:19
any other threads that should be revivied from the dead? c'mon y'all, let someone get the attention they DESERVE for god's sake! :rolleyes:

ok, then? How about reviving the "I'm slightly bored" thread? It's more topical than the M&S thread anyway...
Or I could revive all the threads we were fighting in and have a good laugh...as this forum has a GOOD history of people fighting ;)

Mossopp
27-12-2005, 15:46
Yeah, find the thread where we we got into a massive fight about Evanesence and cools started making digs about Rob Halford.
That was a hoot and a half.

I don't remember the 'Im' Slightly Bored' thread. What was that about?