PDA

View Full Version : The forum going slow - Forum's tech problems

QueenBee
22-11-2004, 15:59
Is it just me or is the forum very slow lately? The pages take ages to load, and sometimes they don't show up at all. When I try to post, I also get a "Page cannot be displayed" message. Does anyone else have this problem?

*Hopes this gets posted*

forre
22-11-2004, 16:03
It wasn't even working for me earlier today. :( Need to check with Igor.

Mossopp
22-11-2004, 16:06
I couldn't view the boards this morning. I thought it was a problem with this computer (I'm on the laptop at work right now) but now I know it's not.
I'm actually kinda glad I'm not the only one who's having bother trying to get onto the forum. I couldn't get on on Friday either. Was anyone else having the same trouble last week?

QueenBee
22-11-2004, 16:13
Okie, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one then. :)

I couldn't get on on Friday either. Was anyone else having the same trouble last week?
If I remember correctly, yes. But it wasn't as long-lasting and irritating as this time. :p
It seems to go smoother now... We'll see.

haku
22-11-2004, 16:15
It's almost every afternoon for me (for the past 2 weeks or so), either the forum is very slow or not working at all (like a Narod server, lol).
But everything works fine again in late afternoon, and i've never had any problem in the evening or the night.
[deleted because wrong]

forre
22-11-2004, 16:19
Igor says, that there've been some problems with servers lately as they are too busy. He's trying to solve the problems.

Igor
22-11-2004, 16:19
Server in the US. The processor is overloaded. The problem is for a long time and while completely it is not solved. Excuse for inconveniences. :/

P.S. Tatysite.net in Russia, Tatysite.net Forum in US

forre
22-11-2004, 16:20
Igor, Oki, thanks for the adds. :)

Mossopp
22-11-2004, 16:25
Now my frigging posts aren't showing up!
I just posted on the Q&A thread, and it says on the forum that the last post on that thread was made by me, but when I open the thread my post isn't there.
Freaky-deaky... :spy:

forre
22-11-2004, 16:28
Mossopp, It happened to me too. Copy the text before posting just in case if there's a lot of writing.

teeny
22-11-2004, 16:57
*arrives late*
Yeah it's been going really slow lately.. and just as one gives up answering a post the post turns out to have been posted anyway.
At least it's not just me ;)

luxxi
22-11-2004, 17:26
*arrives even later*

I have this problem with several forums. Just now I got "page cannot be displayed". I hit refresh 2 times and it worked.

And when you load a page it takes like forever to load all other stuff (uspy and what not). Usualy I just hit stop button after text loads.

:newyear:

luxxi
22-11-2004, 17:53
Now my frigging posts aren't showing up!
I just posted on the Q&A thread, and it says on the forum that the last post on that thread was made by me, but when I open the thread my post isn't there.
Freaky-deaky... :spy:

Same here. This one here is seen, the one @ Q&A isn't. Spoooooooooooooooooky :spy: :spy:

Kate
22-11-2004, 21:45
The forum usually works slowly for me in the evenings, but it works, nonetheless.

Mossopp
22-11-2004, 21:51
Same here. This one here is seen, the one @ Q&A isn't.
Yep, there's definately something wrong with the Q&A thread. It's saying that luxxi was the last person to post on it, but the last message I can see is staringelf's - but I replied to his post this afternoon so there's at least 2 posts on that thread that have mysteriously become invisible! :eek:

teeny
22-11-2004, 21:56
but it works, nonetheless.that it does.. I actually got a notification for your post 4 times in a row.. :heh:

forre
22-11-2004, 22:08
The forum usually works slowly for me in the evenings, but it works, nonetheless.
Your evenings or our evenings?
Let's see here, Kate's evening is what :confused: ... like around the noon here? Right Kate?

Mad Debz
22-11-2004, 22:11
Server in the US. The processor is overloaded. The problem is for a long time and while completely it is not solved. Excuse for inconveniences. :/

P.S. Tatysite.net in Russia, Tatysite.net Forum in US

I couldn't get the main page for tatysite.net earlyer, in Russian or English, only got on forum through a link to chat in favorates. :blabla: Oh well, *plots to kill gremlins*

Kate
22-11-2004, 22:23
forre, my evenings/nights... yesterday it was slow around 10~11pm. :p But I dunno the time difference.

luxxi
22-11-2004, 22:29
Yep, there's definately something wrong with the Q&A thread. It's saying that luxxi was the last person to post on it, but the last message I can see is staringelf's - but I replied to his post this afternoon so there's at least 2 posts on that thread that have mysteriously become invisible! :eek:

Yep. When I posted it said you made ast post but last one was staringelf's (the q about paintings). Also after I posted I got returned to the top of the page not at the post as usual.
:spy: :confused: :spy:

that it does.. I actually got a notification for your post 4 times in a row.. :heh:

I got 2 notifications, one right after another. :spy:

What sometimes happens is this. You are logged on and are browsing a thread. Somebody posts and you are sent notification. You don't check your mail and are still browsing same thread. Then there is another post. Now tracker here "sees" that you checked thread after last email was sent (because you are still browsing that thread and hadn't closed it yet) and sends you another one. Which happens until there are no new posts or you don't browse that thread anymore.

If you get more email notifications about same thread one right after another check who posters are and you'll see there are different names.

forre
22-11-2004, 22:31
Come on, ppl, Igor is trying to solve the current problems. So give the guy some time, okay?

teeny
22-11-2004, 22:47
If you get more email notifications about same thread one right after another check who posters are and you'll see there are different names.I know how it works normally, but thank you for explaining the situation anyway.
But the problem is that I wasn't browsing the forum at the time. And the notification arrived the same minute, with Kate as the only new poster.

And yeah, Forre, will just wait for it to work again.

Kate
22-11-2004, 22:48
Well, actually, I think the problem is out of Igor's hands anyway.

forre
24-11-2004, 20:42
As you have perhaps noticed the Forum incuding the main site were down. It depends on the fact that the servers in Russia were broken. The Forum is not on the Russian servers though, but information of the redirection is still there. That's in short. We all hope that such interruptions won't happen very often. Sorry for inconvenience. :(

Kate
24-11-2004, 22:57
As far as I can remember, the forum hasn't been down in a while. And sh1t happens. So, I think this little interruption is the forum's function isn't that big of a deal.

teeny
25-11-2004, 00:08
As far as I can remember, the forum hasn't been down in a whilelast time was around april it seems according to the temp forum :) so it's not bad at all. At least last time we posted in there.

haku
25-11-2004, 00:14
Yep, there's definately something wrong with the Q&A thread. It's saying that luxxi was the last person to post on it, but the last message I can see is staringelf's - but I replied to his post this afternoon so there's at least 2 posts on that thread that have mysteriously become invisible!I've repaired the Q & A thread. :)

Kate
25-11-2004, 00:22
The Q&A thread is just getting too long. Haku, what do you think, maybe it'll be a good idea to start a second thread or clean up all the stuff in the middle of the thread...

luxxi
25-11-2004, 00:24
So, I think this little interruption is the forum's function isn't that big of a deal.

Yeah, it's not as if we spand whole days in front of computer waiting that somebody will post something new and don't have life outside tatysite.... Ermmmmmm :lalala:

Mossopp
26-11-2004, 16:12
last time was around april it seems according to the temp forum :) so it's not bad at all. At least last time we posted in there.
Can someone give me the address of the temp forum, please? I didn't even know we had a temp forum which explains my absence last time this site was down for a while.
And I don't think it was down in April - I think it was before that. In fact, I know it was before that because I was still re-decorating my flat at the time. It must've been around February or March.
Not that it matters, so I don't know why I'm bothering to nit-pick. :rolleyes: :D

haku
26-11-2004, 17:51
Can someone give me the address of the temp forum, please?The temp forum is here (http://tatysiteusers.proboards18.com/index.cgi).

And teeny was right about the last down time being in April, she could tell simply because that's what it says on the temp forum. :)

Mossopp
26-11-2004, 19:55
The temp forum is here (http://tatysiteusers.proboards18.com/index.cgi).
Thanks haku! :done:

teeny
26-11-2004, 20:41
And teeny was right about the last down time being in April, she could tell simply because that's what it says on the temp forum.schhhh.. don't tell the secret to my 6th sense..
*goes hunting for a new one*

forre
02-02-2005, 03:10
We have some problems with "edit your post" functions. Igor has been notified. Please report the cases when you can't edit/modify your post, please.

Thanks. :rose:

Mossopp
02-02-2005, 19:58
In addition to being unable to edit my posts, I am also having problems logging in.
It's fine on my home computer because I've set it to log me on automatically each visit. But when I try to access the forums from a different computer, all I get is an error message when I enter my user name and password.

crni
02-02-2005, 22:41
all I get is an error message when I enter my user name and password.
and when i entered my user and pass i got absolutely nothing... seems like the page refreshed itself and that's all :ithink: ...of course, that was today when i tried to access tatysite from my uni... home is everything ok ;)

spyretto
02-02-2005, 23:30
yea ur rite da edit's not workin...hope 'tts fixed soon :)

forre
03-02-2005, 02:40
Igor explained that some scripts give Zero Sized Reply at editing and logging. This problem is a new one and is caused by the server settings. We got to wait until these settings will be fixed.

QueenBee
03-02-2005, 19:11
I don't know what the situation is for everyone else, but I seem to be able to edit my posts now. :)

forre
04-02-2005, 01:02
Yep. This problem seems to have been solved. :)

forre
15-02-2005, 20:44
I've got reports from spy that when trying to access the forum he's getting "page unavailable" messaeg. It happened to me too, both yesterday and today. Any one else, who experienced the same problem?

coolasfcuk
15-02-2005, 20:48
I've got reports from spy that when trying to access the forum he's getting "page unavailable" messaeg. It happened to me too, both yesterday and today. Any one else, who experienced the same problem?
:yes: but then when I reload it it works

forre
15-02-2005, 20:51
Oh, all right. Then it's not only our local problem with browsers. Let's see what Igor says.

luxxi
15-02-2005, 21:35

:no: It worked fine for me. :spy: