PDA

View Full Version : Ballet

Veggie Delite
13-11-2004, 20:08
yesterday i went to see a balet with a friend (my first time:rolleyes: ) and it was amazing. it just blew my mind away... it was a big premiere thingie, with the ukranian dancer oksana storozuk.

so, anyone else here likes ballet? :gigi:

forre
13-11-2004, 20:20
Veggie Delite, I do since I was practically brought up with it. First my grandma took me to the opera house when I was 7, then we went there with the school from time to time, then my neighbour turned out to play in the orchestra there and could fix the tix and finally when I was at the Uni, a friend of mine got a job there as an opera singer, so every Saturday, instead of going to the pub or disco, we went to the Opera Theatre for a ballet or an opera and a couple of drinks in the pause between the acts.

Ballet is an amasing art and it's extremely difficult to dance it. The ballet dancers begin their education at very early age, practicing several hours every day.

Veggie Delite
13-11-2004, 21:52
wow... must be amazing to be able to roam the theatre whenever you like it :)

my sister went in elementary ballet school, she liked it so much but eventually she gave up. it was too hard to keep up in 2 schools in the same time...

i was never interested in ballet, till the day i saw a book about rudolph nureyev at this friends place, who took me to the performance. then we watched him and margot fonteyn on video tape, in swan's lake, and yesterday the theatre... and now i'm trapped in this world :)

just watching those movements... it was so beautifull :dead: