PDA

View Full Version : Other Tatu sites (questions)

foot massage
08-11-2004, 23:49
Stupid question-what's wrong with tatu.us (and this isn't intended as a bash thread, for some reason i just can't access it). When i type it in my adress bar all i get is the "this page cannot be displayed" message. If i google search for it i get taty.us, looks just the same, but hasn't been updated in over a year and no forum.

I had assumed it had gone off-line (but there was no notice given on the forum), But yesterday it re-appeared. But today it's gone again. I'm doing a lot of head scratching on this one, i know it's there, but i just can't get at it. Anyone else have the same problem and/or know how to solve it?

Taty_rox
09-11-2004, 00:06
Works fine for me. Could be your connection.

foot massage
09-11-2004, 00:10
but it's only this one site, and the fact it worked yesterday despite me not adjusting any settings on my computer makes me think otherwise....... :confused:

Unplugged
09-11-2004, 00:19
what's wrong with tatu.us
It probably reached the maximum level of idiots allowed. Since it's crowded with them, it's natural that technical problems occur once in a while :lol: :D

haku
09-11-2004, 00:20
Works for me...

Maybe if you try to reach the forum directly:
http://www.tatu.us/forum/index.php

foot massage
09-11-2004, 00:27
Very clever ,staringelf :bebebe:

Rememeber, this isn't intended as a bash or criticism of the forum, just a technical problem with it. For the purposes of this thread, the content is irrelevant.

Anyways........

Nope, haku , link isn't working either.

warx
10-11-2004, 07:14
hmmm...mybe ur not gud enough for them!!! :bum:

luxxi
10-11-2004, 10:33
hmmm...mybe ur not gud enough for them!!! :bum:

Or have to high of an IQ to be allowed in? :spy:

:newyear:

QueenBee
10-11-2004, 12:51
LOL! You guys crack me up! :lol:

Anyway, for me it doesn't work if I type http://tatu.us/forum only if I include the www (http://www.tatu.us/forum).

As Haku already suggested that.. I don't know what's wrong with it. Maybe try accessing it at different times? :dknow:

luxxi
10-11-2004, 13:14
Works for me.... :spy: though now that I went there I'm severly traumatised and will need some time here to get over it. :D Mmmmmmmmm tatysite, calming down.........

teeny
11-11-2004, 23:34
yeah I have the same problem.
It works most if the time, but other times one has to remove the "www." for it to work. The trouble starts if one wants to post a comment in there though, cos then the www. are added by default and it wont load again.

forre
20-11-2004, 23:48
Yes, it did. Welcome back rh2k. :)
I hope it'll be back soon for all who are missing this internet space.

QueenBee
20-11-2004, 23:56
Yikes! Sorry to hear that, tatu.us pholks.
I must say the hackers sound pretty cool though... :lol:

Kate
21-11-2004, 00:03
:lol:

It's a funny hack!!

Lmao.

Love the midi thing in the background. "Malchik gay". Hahaha.

:D :lol: :laugh: :lol:

Kate
21-11-2004, 00:04
Tatu.us has always been a nice environment to be at. Speak for yourself. :lol: :gigi:

forre
21-11-2004, 00:06
rh2k, It will be back don't worry. Of course the hackers are not the best friends of the sites if they destroy a one like that but they make pretty good net administrators after. Tatu.us should get their knowledge updated from time to time. Internet is a public place and everything can happen.

Kate
21-11-2004, 00:08
rh2k, if you hate this place so much, go back to Tatu.us, I hear there's some music to listen to. ;)

QueenBee
21-11-2004, 00:08
I wonder if you had something to do with it.
:rolleyes:

Not me. :)

It's too bad to hear it was hacked, but it can happen to almost any site.
As Forre said, it will be back, and hopefully soon.

QueenBee
21-11-2004, 00:15
I wasnt pointing out to you.
Oki... sorry :rose:

Is there anyone on this forum (I'm mostly talking about the constantly active members) who visits that forum regularly?

Rachel
21-11-2004, 00:18
Is there anyone on this forum (I'm mostly talking about the constantly active members) who visits that forum regularly?I used to visit for the fanfic up until the last time it was hacked (ages ago), but since then I got this error -

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.tatu.us Port 80

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Rachel
21-11-2004, 00:27
ice, They have the best fanfiction. :rolleyes:A lot of it was good to accompany "PD" :D LMAO

edit :

where the f**k did Roxy's msg disappear to?! LMAO

Mossopp
21-11-2004, 00:28
tatu.us? I haven't been there in over a year - too many dumb Americans!
Plus, for some reason, the boards took ages to load for me. I spent half my time staring at a blank screen waiting for something to appear (damn dial-up!).

forre
21-11-2004, 00:34
Mossopp, keep the language clean. There are lots of Americans here too and your comments weren't the best. Mean enough.

Tatu.us has been defaced. The database should remain untouched. Nothing dangerous.

Mossopp
21-11-2004, 00:45
Sorry.
BTW - my language was "clean". I didn't use any profanity.

Rachel
21-11-2004, 00:47
It's called the power of the delete button. :rolleyes: I'm glad you caught my post before it dissapeared. Why is that?!

forre
21-11-2004, 00:56
Not just for me. For everyone else there. You have no idea what it's like because you are still stuck in this ditch. So screw off.
rh2k,You are forgetting that you are hanging here on the last warning. Tatu.us regularily picks up news from here and everyone knows that, so at least you can show some respect for people who provide the news and material.

forre
21-11-2004, 01:00
You should be warning katbeidar. She had no right to act so harsh towards me and the tatu.us members. I only stated that tatu.us had been hacked into, she just had a laugh about it, because she is enjoying that it was hacked into. That is nothing to be glad about.
Katbeidar is not my resposibility. She's on her own here having some kind of deal with the Admin.
You are here insulting this site which is a bad move. Don't you think so?

QueenBee
21-11-2004, 01:07
You have no idea what it's like because you are still stuck in this ditch. So screw off.
:confused: The reason to why most of us keep themselves on Tatysite is because we like it here and like being on tatu.us less. So we have pretty much screwed off and aren't interefering with tatu.us' business. If anyone comes on this forum and doesn't like it, they can always leave. If they like tatu.us forum more they can surf that page instead. :) (I didn't mean that as offensive whatsoever).

Now I guess all you can do is wait for it to return. I have no idea who the moderators are but if you have some kind of contact with them I'm sure they'll be glad to give you some insight on the current situation.

forre
21-11-2004, 01:09
It wasnt my inention to insult this site. I didnt come here to insult it. It upset me that someone has having a laugh because of someone's act of disrespect.
Then ask her why she is thinking that it's so much fun. No one else thought the fact that tatuus had been defaced was that much fun and until then you may stay here, which is an alternative. People are like they are everywhere, so I'm sure you'll find some one who shares your opinion. What's the big deal?

Kate
21-11-2004, 01:37
She's on her own here having some kind of deal with the Admin. :ithink:
What are you talking about? Lol. Not that me being here is any of your business, but I think you got a wrong idea. I'm here for the same reason as any person. No deal was made with anyone, anytime, anywhere for any reason at all. I'm confused even why you would think that... it's not like I was ever banned from TatySite.net. (Except one of my accounts here (ELiR) is banned upon my own request.)

rh2k, I don't like Tatu.us, and believe you me, I have a load of reasons to feel that way. :)

forre
21-11-2004, 01:45
:ithink:
What are you talking about? Lol. Not that me being here is any of your business, but I think you got a wrong idea. I'm here for the same reason as any person. No deal was made with anyone, anytime, anywhere for any reason at all. I'm confused even why you would think that... it's not like I was ever banned from TatySite.net. (Except one of my accounts here (ELiR) is banned upon my own request.)

Good for you then. ;)

taturocks8
21-11-2004, 04:56
Hi I went into tatu.us fourms today i was shocked to see it was hacked and i can't login.

If you notice the hackers give a link to the fourm down the botton to there fourm.

Also they put there nicks on tatu.us fourms and a icq numbers.

So by going to there fourm you can get intouch with them.

like get them into trouble.

Kate
21-11-2004, 10:18
forre, good. Because some people on this forum (who know who they are) have a way too active imagination for their own good. :p

Igor
21-11-2004, 10:40
Anything strange. One week ago there was an information on vulnerability phpBB and exploit to vulnerability. Vulnerability very serious.

Don't use phpBB. ;)

If you use identical passwords to usernames here and on tatu.us replace here the password just in case.

teeny
21-11-2004, 11:27
Is there anyone on this forum (I'm mostly talking about the constantly active members) who visits that forum regularly?yep.. every single day actually.
I go there to read fanfictions. I avoid the tatu section to stay clear of tatysite members actually.

No special deal made? How many members has been able to return to a former profile name, when getting another one banned? Isn't the ip blocked in any other cases so far and out means little to no hope of returning ever?

Igor
21-11-2004, 12:36
rh2k, :bye:

There's no place here for fools and idiots.

Unplugged
21-11-2004, 12:47
OMG tatu.us hacked AGAIN :lol: I guess the admins there are the biggest crap around, it's always being hacked :lol:

What a lame excuse for a site that is! :p Dumb gullable fanatics who steal material from here all the time... Whatever :rolleyes:

rh2k,

There's no place here for fools and idiots.
Damn right, Igor! :laugh: Fools and idiots would belong to that other site ;)

forre
21-11-2004, 12:52
1. Tatu.us is back again, hopefully they realise that they should blame themselves only.
2. rh2k "left the building" for good. Not that a person comes here to advertise the fanfic section of tatu.us but calls this site a ditch and proposes that tatysite.net has something to do with defacing of tatu.us.

Unplugged
21-11-2004, 13:00
rh2k "left the building" for good. Not that a person comes here to advertise the fanfic section of tatu.us but calls this site a ditch and proposes that tatysite.net has something to do with defacing of tatu.us
Yeah, what a nerve! The ban serves him right :p

forre
21-11-2004, 13:05
Some info on tatu.us defacing and a minor discussion can be found here (http://www.forum.anonymous.ru/showthread.php?t=305).

taturocks8
21-11-2004, 13:43
Message from xena225: "Well, first of all, we are back up again. Secondly, "Boo" to those who think it's such fun that our forum was hacked. I had hoped those hostilities were behind us. And thirdly: People who say we "steal" things from Tatysite, haven't been around our forum so much apparently. Most of all translations were done by myself or other tatu.us or tatugirls.de members.

Same goes for photo links. If things from Tatysite found their way to our forum, they were mostly posted by haku. So please, stop spreading such hostility. I won't even mention the harsh words against our members and admins, as I think such insults are best ignored. Thank you all for listening! May we all get along better in the future. xena225"

Unplugged
21-11-2004, 13:50
:blabla: Who gives a sh*t what she says :p

But clearly she gives a sh*t about what we say here, she even bothers to send people spying here and have people send her dumb messages to this forum :laugh:

forre
21-11-2004, 13:54
taturocks8, You may want to deliver the following message back to xena:
1. The new are often originated from here.
2. People didn't say tatu.us steals but say that the info is floating between the sites pretty easily and that's why there's no reason to come here and call it a ditch.
3. There're petitions and warning of visiting tatysite that hang on tatu.us, while tatysite prefers not to do such things.
4. We've always had much enough respect for the members but you don't come here to insult us.

Igor
21-11-2004, 13:55
I only do not understand what tatysite.net did again? Banned people still can't get over it? Do they begin their intrigues again? Sit on tatu.us and do not look here. We are fine here without you and the things are quiet. :coctail:

nath
21-11-2004, 14:02
Message from xena225: "Well, first of all, we are back up again. Secondly, "Boo" to those who think it's such fun that our forum was hacked. I had hoped those hostilities were behind us. ... xena225"
I absolutely understand her post. I'm just sad that some people could enjoy here that a site was hacked...It's a very "small" reaction...
Even if documents were "stolen" ...a lot of people, there, have spent time and energy to built a site , a communauty...and you're happy that it was out....
I'll never forget when tatysite was closed and that you all run there...you were happy to find a "new house" and now to spit in the soup !....

If the same thing would happen to taysite what would be your reaction?
I want to notice that I don't agree when it's said that taysite is a ditch....

But I'm just Horribly Disgusted.....you can have big brainy discussions about Policy in the world....but just watch you yourselves acting....a pure shame :(

Ps: and i don't care about the consequences of my post

forre
21-11-2004, 14:06
sunwalk, Only two people here expressed their joy over the tatu.us downfall and check my post above. Petitions and warning on tatu.us about tatysite! What a way!

taturocks8
21-11-2004, 14:11
>>1. The new are often originated from here.

forre, that simply is not true. I find all the info myself that I translate for tatu.us, and the photo links as well. I do not even visit Tatysite any more, someone showed me the link to this thread, and that is how I knew about it. When I saw all the allegations and hostility, I wanted to reply. Maybe that was a mistake.
There is absolutely no need to be so hostile, in my opinion
>>2.? People didn't say tatu.us steals but say that the info is floating between the sites pretty easily and that's why there's no reason to come here and call it a ditch.
"dumb gallable fanatics who steal material from here all the time"... (staringelf)
I did not call this place a ditch. Hello? Where did I say that?

>>3. There're petitions and warning of visiting tatysite that hang on tatu.us, while tatysite prefers not to do such things.

That is simply not true. You make it sound like Tatysite is our enemy and we deliberately bash it all the time. That is absolutely not true. There is one thread from June, where one (1) member who was banned said she would think twice about registering here.

And please let me correct you: I find this exact thread here very hostile, and needlessly so.

>>4. We've always had much enough respect for the members but you don't come here to insult us.

Where did I insult Tatysite? Please read my message again. There is no insult in there. I have a lot of respect for you and a few other members, such as haku, teeny, Ruivelle, or numerous others.

And anyway: My message was meant to inform about tatu.us being up again, and about expressing my hopes that no more falsities and hostilities would be spread. I hold no grudge against Tatysite. Please believe that.

Thanks and bye!
xena225

nath
21-11-2004, 14:12
forre, I prefer not reply.

Unplugged
21-11-2004, 14:12
and you're happy that it was out....
I'm not happy! My happiness comes from important things in life, not irrelevant things like that ;) Nevertheless, I think it is hilarious that the same thing happens to them twice, which clearly shows how incompetent the admins are :laugh:

I'll never forget when tatysite was closed and that you all run there...
Oh yes? Well that's not my case. I'd rather not speak about tATu at all then to visit that site :rolleyes:

If the same thing would happen to taysite what would be your reaction?
I think any hack is stupid, but the thing is, sunwalk, that would never happen on TatySite.net because Igor knows what he's doing, unlike other people ;) And if it did happen, that other forum would probably throw a party anyway. forre said (which I didn't know cause I don't go there) that they even post warnings not to come here, badmouthing this site. And for centuries, their material was always stolen from here. Now that it's harder, they started to work for themselves for once and translate. Good for them, but they can't say their site is authentic, it's nothing but a cheap, americanized, second class copy of TatySite :p

And by the way, when TatySite.net was temporarily closed, there was a temporary forum, I think it was created by coolasfcuk, and that was the one I and most members visited while this site was still with some technical problems.

forre
21-11-2004, 14:23
>>

1. The new are often originated from here.

forre, that simply is not true. I find all the info myself that I translate for tatu.us, and the photo links as well. I do not even visit Tatysite any more, someone showed me the link to this thread, and that is how I knew about it. When I saw all the allegations and hostility, I wanted to reply. Maybe that was a mistake.
There is absolutely no need to be so hostile, in my opinion
That's true enough. I didn't say all the info but said "often". Tatu.us doesn't even have access to the source that we have. So it's simple.

>>2. People didn't say tatu.us steals but say that the info is floating between the sites pretty easily and that's why there's no reason to come here and call it a ditch.

I did not call this place a ditch. Hello? Where did I say that?
I didn't say you did. I said, people from tatu.us come here and call it a ditch.

>>3. There're petitions and warning of visiting tatysite that hang on tatu.us, while tatysite prefers not to do such things.

That is simply not true. You make it sound like Tatysite is our enemy and we deliberately bash it all the time. That is absolutely not true. There is one thread from June, where one (1) member who was banned said she would think twice about registering here.
xena225 | зена225 says:
And please let me correct you: I find this exact thread here very hostile, and needlessly so.
True enough. http://www.tatu.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11928

>>4. We've always had much enough respect for the members but you don't come here to insult us.
Where did I insult Tatysite? Please read my message again. There is no insult in there. I have a lot of respect for you and a few other members, such as haku, teeny, Ruivelle, or numerous others.
The discussion is not about you, xena - the discussion is about the general approach.

QueenBee
21-11-2004, 14:26
I understand Xena's point of view, and I don't think she is bashing Tatysite at all, actually from her post it seemed more like she wanted peace between us (although I don't think that will ever happen). I don't visit tatu.us so I can't say if they are speaking about us and what they say, but if it really is true that they have petitions against Tatysite, posting warnings not to come here etc. I could only say in Swedish... Dålig stil ("Bad style")! :bebebe: If tatu.us steals from Tatysite it's not so surprising, I mean, ALOT of sites take information from here (because we're so special ;)) and post it on their own so I don't think it goes only for tatu.us in that case.

Yes, any hack is stupid and I hope this time the adminstrators find ways of protecting their site better so that it doesn't happen again. It's just strange how it happened TWICE, and I suggest not fighting with hackers in the future. ;)

I must say I myself don't like tatu.us very much, the few times I've visited the forum seemed like a mess, this forum seems alot "cleaner" to me, don't you agree? I still don't think it's a reason to bash the forum though.

At least if you have a positive/optimistic opinion about tATu, that's a little bit unpopular there. Cynicism and making other people feel ridiculus are the regular posts on this forum (at least in the tATu-part).
Well, that post is old but I'm guessing nothing has changed. Basically they are doing the same thing we are doing, ridiculing eachother. Oh how fun. ;)

So I think the conclusion is we are enemies and will always dislike eachother in general. Oh well, you can't love everyone...

teeny
21-11-2004, 14:35
Only two people here expressed their joy over the tatu.us downfalltwo people this time around. Tatu.us is critizised all the time in here. People are put on the spot and comments are laughed at.
I have no idea why nothing has been done to at least make some efforts to create some kind of agreement between the two forums. Instead a blind eye is turned because most people seem to dislike people at the other forum, and therefor the whole forum must be the most stupid thing around.
I sincerly hope that people at tatu.us isn't doing the same thing with tatysite. Frankly I would hate being put in the same group with some people around here. But then again I do hang around at tatu.us and I know that I'm fortunate enough to be seen as an individual person and not just a random member from another forum.

Petions and warnings I would see as a way better way to deal with things than constant bashing of the forum. Just look at this thread. The first post is so simple.. basically a yes or no question, but instantly remarks about how stupid and ignorant tatu.us is arrives. If one doesn't want to help - fine, but do have the decency to keep from making bashing comments.

I know a lot may disagree with most I've said and see things differently. But at least reconsider looking at the situation in some new light here.

I've said most of these things before. Don't know why I keep thinking something will be changed, and I do hope that response won't be something like "but have you seen the comments about *insert random scenario*"

edit: oh and nobody is complaining when pictures arrives in here that has just been posted tatu.us

taturocks8
21-11-2004, 14:42
>>So I think the conclusion is we are enemies and will always dislike eachother in general. Oh well, you can't love everyone...

No, QueenBee, we do not steal from you, and we do not bash you, and we are NOT enemies. I refuse to perpetuate this hostility. I simply refuse to. I cannot speak for all members of course, and I cannot control every member

(we have 3,200 members, that would be a hard thing to do), but I do my best as a moderator to keep the peace, and when I see bashing - no matter who does it - I call them on it. But let me assure you: There is no great big Tatysite bashing going on Tatu.us. And I hope there isn't a great big Tatu.us bashing going on here. Let's be peaceful everyone. Please.

nath
21-11-2004, 14:44
If we'd try to understand here the causes and origines of the israelo-palestinian conflict here....just kidding ;) ...but it seems enough similar for me...both parts don't want peace... :)

out for painting the kitchen...more positive.. :p .

forre
21-11-2004, 14:49
>>So I think the conclusion is we are enemies and will always dislike eachother in general. Oh well, you can't love everyone...

No, QueenBee, we do not steal from you, and we do not bash you, and we are NOT enemies. I refuse to perpetuate this hostility. I simply refuse to. I cannot speak for all members of course, and I cannot control every member

(we have 3,200 members, that would be a hard thing to do), but I do my best as a moderator to keep the peace, and when I see bashing - no matter who does it - I call them on it. But let me assure you: There is no great big Tatysite bashing going on Tatu.us. And I hope there isn't a great big Tatu.us bashing going on here. Let's be peaceful everyone. Please.
No one is an enemy but since people get over here to insult the site itself - it's nothing we are happy to see. I personally don't care what single members say about tatu.us as it's always a matter of personal perception and we are not going to spend our time defending another sites. There's no reason to do that. It's a simple reality.

QueenBee
21-11-2004, 14:51
My point is that we've had this conversation and discussion many times before, with fights occuring between the forums. Seems like there is nothing to do, as each time we try to make peace something always comes along and stirs the pot again.

So maybe we should just leave it at that. I for sure have nothing against any of the members on tatu.us (especially not xena) and the forum in general. It just doesn't suite my taste and that is why I don't visit it.

Peace, love and understanding. :heart:

Unplugged
21-11-2004, 14:51
The first post is so simple.. basically a yes or no question, but instantly remarks about how stupid and ignorant tatu.us is arrives. If one doesn't want to help - fine, but do have the decency to keep from making bashing comments.
If you're referring to my comment: I know what I like and what I don't like. I don't like that forum, I think it's filled with gullable fanatics, and I will never shut up and not say what I think just because it's "decent" to be diplomatic.
And for a long period of time, they (I think it was Rob) copy+pasted our articles, without even asking 'please'. Then, they started asking 'please' but the material was still being accomplished by the work of our fellow members here. Now that they finally use their lazy asses to translate and search for information, they say they never ever stole our material :laugh: :rolleyes: Puh-lease!

But anyway, it doesn't matter for me, they can do whatever they want. This whole discussion comes from a rather silly situation: first, a member of another forum comes to this forum to ask us why the other forum isn't working (makes sense, huh :lol: ) and then some dumbass comes here to notify tatu.us was hacked and that TatySite.net is a ditch. Of course loyal members to this site can't just shut up and ignore such stupidity.

QueenBee
21-11-2004, 14:55
staringelf, I admire you for being so honest. ;) The thing that doesn't make sense is when people from another forum here and tell us we are this and that... If you don't like this forum, then don't come here. Don't call us a ditch! Nobody forces you to be here, many people from other forums don't like our comments and don't agree with our opinions because we often have negative things to say (in my head they're realistic though), well nobody is forcing them to read our comments. We are happy in our own little bubble of Tatysite. :blabla:

Edit: Post 4444. :gigi: :coctail:

taturocks8
21-11-2004, 14:57
>>No one is an enemy but since people get over here to insult the site itself - it's nothing we are happy to see.

forre, nobody is happy about that, but if, e.g. someone from Tatysite comes to Tatu.us and insults people and the forum (as has happened), I do not hold that against Tatysite. I only hold the individual responsible who does the actual insulting.

This offensive person does not talk for Tatysite, just as someone who happens to be a member of Tatu.us who comes here and misbehaves does not speak for the entire Tatu.us forum. Do you know what I mean? I know some people like to fuel the animosities between the forums, but I refuse to play along. And I hope others refuse to play along as well.

teeny
21-11-2004, 14:57
If you're referring to my commentI was referring to yours aswell yes.. but you weren't the only one doing it.
Since it stopped rather quickly at the time and I arrived late I decided to let it pass.. esp since I'm always the one bringing up the bad comments when they arrive.

Igor
21-11-2004, 15:00
:chupa: :epopcorn: ;)

luxxi
21-11-2004, 15:00
staringelf, I admire you for being so honest. ;) The thing that doesn't make sense is when people from another forum here and tell us we are this and that... If you don't like this forum, then don't come here. Don't call us a ditch! Nobody forces you to be here, many people from other forums don't like our comments and don't agree with our opinions because we often have negative things to say (in my head they're realistic though), well nobody is forcing them to read our comments. We are happy in our own little bubble of Tatysite. :blabla:

Edit: Post 4444. :gigi: :coctail:

Well, a bit over a year ago when bans were issued left and right a lot of people from here went there and b*tched about how things are here. I dunno, maybe they took things seriously?

forre
21-11-2004, 15:02
forre, nobody is happy about that, but if, e.g. someone from Tatysite comes to Tatu.us and insults people and the forum (as has happened), I do not hold that against Tatysite. I only hold the individual responsible who does the actual insulting.

This offensive person does not talk for Tatysite, just as someone who happens to be a member of Tatu.us who comes here and misbehaves does not speak for the entire Tatu.us forum. Do you know what I mean? I know some people like to fuel the animosities between the forums, but I refuse to play along. And I hope others refuse to play along as well.
Exactly, so people who insult tatu.us on here don't speak for the entire tatysite.net community, then what you do with such members on your site is none of our business.

QueenBee
21-11-2004, 15:03
LOL!

Well, a bit over a year ago when bans were issued left and right a lot of people from here went there and b*tched about how things are here. I dunno, maybe they took things seriously?
Talk about disturbing other forums about issues we have here. :p Well I mean, people can b*tch all they want, but that was over a year ago as you said, I haven't noticed any b*tching lately. :D

It seems to me most people from tatu.us want peace.

Sorry, guys, I try to leave this topic alone but it's so much fun to discuss... :bum:

teeny
21-11-2004, 15:10
LOL!I was having the exact opposite experience even..

Since I'm not interested in just keeping the entertaining going I'm signing off

Unplugged
21-11-2004, 15:15
LOL!!! :lol: ;)

Kate
21-11-2004, 21:03
No special deal made? How many members has been able to return to a former profile name, when getting another one banned? Isn't the ip blocked in any other cases so far and out means little to no hope of returning ever? My "ELiR" profile was banned (by my request, as I said), not the IP. :)

teeny
21-11-2004, 21:10
My "ELiR" profile was banned (by my request, as I said), not the IP.Which was my point aswell :)
I must admit I lost track at what happened to the various profiles you've had by now

Kate
21-11-2004, 21:13
teeny, it's a long story. If you want, I can PM it to you. But none of my profiles, at any point, got banned by Igor for my "naughty" behaviour, so no "deals" were made for me to stay here at all.

Rachel
22-11-2004, 00:47
tatu.us DO steal material. I remember when Tatu visited the UK in May last year and I was capping lots of vids and I noticed that AT LEAST 60% of my server bandwidth was taken by tatu.us (shown in my site stats) as the links had been copied & pasted there & with no mention of who capped the vid :rolleyes: I wouldn't have minded if they had been hosted elsewhere, but it's not funny when you notice 650+ people from tatu.us had all downloaded a 50MB file from my server. If I had wanted to post the vids on tatu.us I would have, it was meant for TATYSITE, did you get that tatu.us members?! T-A-T-Y-S-I-T-E!!!

EDIT: And I just remembered several times also - tatu.us members (inc. a tatu.us mod!) often stole my pics/hq scans and edited the pics to put their own name on them and posted them on tatu.us! Now if that isn't rude, I don't know what is!

ypsidan04
08-12-2004, 02:58
Stupid question-what's wrong with tatu.us

I couldn't give two rat's asses. :rolleyes:

j/k no offense. :D

Lux
10-12-2004, 02:03
But none of my profiles, at any point, got banned by Igor for my "naughty" behaviour, so no "deals" were made for me to stay here at all.

many hated you back in the days. did you forget? come to think of it, did everyone forget your ploys and manipulations? who knows, maybe you changed. i have no idea why you were banned to begin with, and so many times.

Lux
10-12-2004, 02:11
But none of my profiles, at any point, got banned by Igor for my "naughty" behaviour, so no "deals" were made for me to stay here at all.

many hated you back in the days. did you forget? come to think of it, did everyone forget your ploys and manipulations?
i personally don't see why you were banned to begin with, and so many times. you are basically the mother of the english portion. for that, regardless how many you upset, you should receive respect. if not for your efforts kate, this place would not be what it is now.

in terms of the tatu.us v. tatysite rivalry-
what it comes down to is control of information. it seems odd that certain people get information and others do not, purely based on forum affiliation. we all want media to a degree, and it is unfair to dictate who gets it and who does not. people work hard to translate information, procure video clips, scan articles, pictures, etc, but it is all to share anyway. it is highly exclusive and elitist to restrict people from getting media simply because they do not come to tatysite. regardless of what they say.

foot massage
12-12-2004, 00:29
Speak for yourself. :lol: :gigi:

And me too, evidently.

It is a nicer atmosphere than here, and a lot more newbie-friendly.

And the whole issue of giving credits for translations et al...... Well i take a socialist look at that- what's mine is yours and yours is mine.

And remember, .us designates itself as a fan site, whereas tatysite doesn't, hence the more positive outlook there.

Anyway, this isn't really what i intended for this topic, it was just an innocent question.

And btw, it seems to be done again, hence my presence.

teeny
13-12-2004, 12:02
And the whole issue of giving credits for translations et al...... Well i take a socialist look at that- what's mine is yours and yours is mine.Well put :)

Kate
13-12-2004, 14:31
Lux, thanks you for your compliment. It's really nice to hear. :rose: But I was never banned. Only once when I personally requested it. :)

luxxi
13-12-2004, 14:55
Anybody still goes to tatugirls.com? :lol:

Mossopp
13-12-2004, 15:19
Anybody still goes to tatugirls.com? :lol:
I swear that place is the internet equivalent of hell! It is for me anyway. If you're a social retard with the mental age of 4 it's probably rather nice. :rolleyes:

haku
13-12-2004, 16:21
And the whole issue of giving credits for translations et al...... Well i take a socialist look at that- what's mine is yours and yours is mine.Yeah, many people who do not do translations deny the right of people who do to want their name kept with their translations when they are copied. I guess those people think that translating is really easy and it's not worth mentioning the person who did the job.

Copying a translation without credits is as rude as copying a fanfic without credits, and it becomes stealing when you pretend you're actually the one who wrote it (some people do that).

But it's always easier to agree to people taking what's "yours" when it's actually someone else's and call that "socialism".

Kate
13-12-2004, 17:46
But it's always easier to agree to people taking what's "yours" when it's actually someone else's and call that "socialism". Exactly.

teeny
13-12-2004, 23:46
But it's always easier to agree to people taking what's "yours" when it's actually someone else's and call that "socialism".it sure is :gigi:

foot massage
14-12-2004, 23:38
Sure, of course it's easier to take more than you give and call yourself a socialist, and for many people this is true. But remember, not everyone has the abilities or resources you do- not everyone is in a position to translate articles (or whatever), but everyone brings something to the table, even if it is just their opinion.

I've done many translations myself (none of them here, they're all french-english anyway) and i awknowledge they can be hard and quite a lot of effort goes into them. However, there is more satisfaction (in my experience) from sharing your work with others than keeping it for yourself. So why limit it just to tatysite then? You have the original anyway, so what loss is it to you personally if other people distribute it (assuming they don't alter it in a malicious way, or claim it for their own, neither of which i would support) I've done many drawings and written stuff i never would have done if it had just been for me. I suppose the point is we're a community of sorts, and like it or not tatu.us (and the others) are part of that extended community, so whatever is done on one site will, sooner or later, show up on the other in some shape or form. We should be encouraging sharing between the forums, after all they are about the same thing. Or maybe we should just close 'em all down and start a new, unified forum. But realistically no-one would support such a common-sense move anyway.

forre
15-12-2004, 01:34
foot massage, Internet is a public place and media too.

Rule number one - provide the source and the author if available.
Rule number two - if a file is put on the server with limited bandwidth and the person who hosts the file asks not to give the link out, it means that only limited number of users have the access because of the actual costs the traffic may cause, thus no direct linkage is allowed.

I think it's a very basic and a simple rule to follow. We encourage people to provide links and pay certain respect to the source if it appears on this forum too.

coolasfcuk
17-12-2004, 19:11
Copying a translation without credits is as rude as copying a fanfic without credits, and it becomes stealing when you pretend you're actually the one who wrote it (some people do that).

Well, im sure there is a way to leggaly put your name on it somehow, but if you dont, well, you will just have to be fighting with the invisible monster of the new technological world .... a world in which the meaning of the word 'original' is loosing its meaning. Now an original can be reproduced in countless number of copies almost instantly, without too much effort, and there is no difference between copy and original .... and if you arent fighting it in legal terms, well, then, good luck fighting! Because the contemproary people think differently in 'copy&paste' terms, than people did before when it took effort or it wasnt possible to reproduce so easilly....

welcome to the world of 'dot coms' :rev:

freddie
18-12-2004, 17:57
One think you have to consider when it comes to translations of interviews, articles, TV-shows etc, it that even by translating them from an original source, you're breaching someone's rights to their intelectual property (unless you get direct permision, which is highy unlikely, I'd say). So talking about what's yours and claiming intelectual property for translation (which is not yours to begin with), is a dubious thing. Especially if you consider posting it on a public forum like this one. It's understood that once you do that, you give up all the rights voluntarilly. Because you do have a choice after you translated it. You can keep it to yourself. Or share it with others. And once someone nicks it of your hard drive, then you MIGHT claim it as your intelectual property and the person who'd do that to you would actually violate one of your basic rights. But when you decided to share it on an open forum... in my opinion this is when it becomes res publica, a public thing.

haku
18-12-2004, 19:41
Thanks freddie, so people who do translations are actually the ones doing something wrong, they are the real stealers. I'll keep that in mind.

freddie
18-12-2004, 19:49
No. IMO they're doing nothing wrong. But looking at it from THEIR point of view (that sacred righteous stance about works having their owners etc...), they are doing something wrong. I was just saying that when you translate something from a mag or a TV show and post it for a bunch of fans to see you're doing no harm to the magazine or TV broadcaster. Nor are the fans doing anything wrong by pasting the translations to other fan related websites. The question of being recognized for the translations is another question entirely. Yes, moraly a person who takes something that was translated by someone else should specifically give credits for the translation to the original translator. BUT. This is just a moral duty. There's also a question here of WHY the translator is doing it in the first place. For the good of all fellow-fans or for his/her own recognition.

teeny
18-12-2004, 21:09
For the good of all fellow-fans or for his/her own recognition.exactly..

Think the main problem with translations is that few get hurt if a translation is posted at some other forum and credits are still given. While with videos and picture hosting the trouble is mainly that bandwidth is used aswell. While if the video is hosted at another host and credits remain the trouble is again smaller..
I'm sure this is mainly the viewpoint when looking outside and in..
I'm not saying translators doens't have the right to want to keep things inside one forum, I'm just basically saying that I don't understand the wish to do so at all :lalala:

Igor
22-12-2004, 14:13
New virus and vulnerability in phpBB (maybe last version too).
Once again I recommend to not use this forum on the sites.

Result: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=This+site+is+defaced%21%21%21&btnG=Search

QueenBee
22-12-2004, 14:15
WOW.... :eek:

haku
22-12-2004, 15:04
Busy chrismas hackers LOL :eek: