PDA

View Full Version : Age difference, does it really matter?

haku
12-09-2004, 17:58
As someone said "Everything is normal if it's love".

I came across this nice story (http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004421744,00.html) in the Sun... :D

I'm posting this because this is the first time i see a young girl marrying an old man who is not filthy rich... So this girl is going to abandon her studies and spend the rest of *his* life with this man who has no money and can't take care of himself... Either this is love, or she's a geriatrophile. :laugh:

PowerPuff Grrl
12-09-2004, 21:47
It is the Bride's best friend, Tara, that I am worried about.
Good God, I truly have no idea how I would react if I found out a friend would be marrying my Dad.

Shudder.

Kate
12-09-2004, 21:50
Well, you know that male elephants only start mating successfully with a lot of females at 45, because at that age it means that they've survived all kinds of diseases and stuff, thus attracting more females. So maybe this girl's deep-down instincts are working, and she chose a male that has survived it all and their children (that is, if he's still able to sustain an erection :p ) will have a greater chance of surviving. It's all about the best genes. :gigi:

nikki
13-09-2004, 00:02
I know more about this story than most because Llay is just down the road from me. It's so typical of people round here ! :rolleyes: :p Ah, we make the headlines for all the wrong reasons ...

This couple are making money from all the publicity, more than his benefits anyway. There is also some doubt about her age, even though girls round here tend to look older than they really are. Being with him will probably age her. Fancy giving up your studies and causing load's of family hassle for an older man who will need looking after. Mmm, wonders how long this marriage will last .... Do I sound cynical ? :D