PDA

View Full Version : [What the...?] F*cking villagers vote against name change.

Kate
31-08-2004, 02:31
Residents of an Austrian village called F*cking, have voted against changing the name.

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/104647.jpg

The 150 or so people who live in the village debated the issue after roadsigns kept being stolen - many by British tourists.

Spokesman Siegfried Hoeppl, said: "Everyone here knows what it means in English, but for us F*cking is F*cking - and it's going to stay F*cking - even though the signs keep getting stolen."

He said the name came from Mr F*ck and his family who settled in the area 100 years ago, and added "ing", meaning village or settlement.

The villagers didn't find out about the English meaning of the word until Allied soldiers stationed in the region in 1945 pointed out the alternative meaning.

Local newspaper editor Menhardt Buzasa said there had been an increase in the number of signs being stolen, and said British tourists were usually blamed.

"I do not agree it is just the British. F*cking is universal. Germans use it as much now as the British, and it also means the same to the Americans, Australians and anyone in the English speaking world," he said.

Similar votes on a name change have taken place recently in neighbouring Austrian towns Wank am see and Petting, as well as in Vomitville and Windpassing.

:lol:

thegurgi
31-08-2004, 04:00
that's better than Intercourse and Blue Ball Pennsylvania!! (yes,they exist and they are very close to each other)....

But it's very infortunate... but very very very funny :laugh: :laugh: :yes:

DAZ
31-08-2004, 17:37
I'm not sure if this works outside Britain but you can find the places closest to you with rude names here....

http://places.jump-around.com/closest/

All very childish but some are quite funny :rolleyes:
Closest to me are...

Assloss (map)
13.0 miles

Spunkie (map)
21.0 miles

Lumps of Garryhorn (map)
21.2 miles

Cock of Arran (map)
30.7 miles

Ring Burn (map)
31.8 miles

Thundergay (map)
32.8 miles

Dickland (map)
33.2 miles

The Bastard (map)
37.5 miles

Turdees (map)
38.5 miles

Fatlips Castle (map)
38.9 miles

Tom Violence
31-08-2004, 18:17
Some places in my neck of the woods. Somebody clearly has a lot of time on their hands.

Fanny Hands Lane
13.6 miles

Poke Holes
16.1 miles

Butt Mound
19.0 miles

Rimswell
38.2 miles

Cottagers
41.7 miles

Shafton Two Gates
46.5 miles

Jughole wood
47.7 miles

Butthole Lane
47.9 miles

Shatton Moor
53.1 miles

Penistone
53.2 miles

Mossopp
31-08-2004, 19:26
Since I live not too far from Daz, I got quite a few of the same answers as he did:

Buttock Point (map)
15.8 miles

Spunkie (map)
21.6 miles

Cock of Arran (map)
26.5 miles

Assloss (map)
29.6 miles

Thundergay (map)
32.3 miles

Turdees (map)
37.1 miles

Dickland (map)
46.4 miles

Fanny Hill (map)
49.1 miles

Fanny Burn (map)
49.2 miles

The Bastard (map)
53.9 miles

PowerPuff Grrl
02-09-2004, 06:34
I think Thundergay takes the cake.

Anyhoo, I think there is a town in Newfoundland (Canada) called Dildo.
And umm... that is all I got.