PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Bloom to Become Next James Bond?

Kate
28-07-2004, 09:16
"Lord of the Rings" heartthrob Orlando Bloom could be the next James Bond, after Irish actor Pierce Brosnan retires as 007.
The British actor is in meetings with Bond producers, who are desperate for Bloom to play the ladykilling spy, according to British tabloid the Daily Star.

A Bond source says, "They are pulling out all the stops to get him.

"Orlando would be perfect for the part as he's got the looks, the charm, the accent and the high profile that would make Bond even more popular.

"They want to move away from the traditional image of James Bond -- the older, suave gentleman -- and believe a younger, trendier actor will attract fans."

The actor's spokesman said, "No decision had been made about him taking the role."

Source: Daily Star

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Think there's any truth in it? Personally, I'm very curious to see how Orlando will turn out as the next 007. What do you think?

P.S. For those who don't know, the next (21st) James Bond movie will be the last one with Pierce Brosnan in the lead... he himself confirmed it recently.

spyretto
28-07-2004, 09:18
So 007 will be a gay icon now? Since when? :)

PowerPuff Grrl
29-07-2004, 22:24
I thought it was already decided that Clive Owen would be the next Bond.
Quite frankly I couldn't care less. Of all the icons in popular culture, this is one of the things that just never really stuck with me.

Unplugged
30-07-2004, 00:42
I've had it with James Bond movies. Enough is enough! :bum:

It's always the same thing. And the bondgirls aren't even classy anymore... pfff :p

goku
30-07-2004, 03:11
I wouldn't care for Orlando Bloom being 007. I really wonder how he'll pull it off; I don't doubt his talent, or his makeup artists, but some people are Bond, and others are Legolas :p

There will only be one Bond, Sean Connery :D

rosh
30-07-2004, 10:45
my favourite was always roger moore ! i didnt care much for the others.

luxxi
30-07-2004, 11:24
:nunu: is all I'm going to say.

:newyear:

TaTu^HeRo
30-07-2004, 12:22
Actually i love the idea of him being 007, but i don't see how will he match up to Roger Moore's performance :D

rosh
30-07-2004, 18:49
Actually i love the idea of him being 007, but i don't see how will he match up to Roger Moore's performance :D

i dont think he will. orlando seems a bit ... feminine to me ... 007 is all about being macho and masculine and i just get such efiminate vibes from orly bloom

Unplugged
30-07-2004, 22:01
Roger Moore and Sean Connery were good. The other ones were boring to me.

Kate
30-07-2004, 22:16
My favorite was/is Pierce Brosnan. I just don't find Sean Connary sexy, and who is Roger Moore?

crni
30-07-2004, 23:13
There will only be one Bond, Sean Connery
i'll say :heh:

and who is Roger Moore?
:eek: damn, kate! he's the original JB :znaika: :p

TaTu^HeRo
31-07-2004, 02:27
and who is Roger Moore?

:lol: are you sure you watched JB movies? :D

Kate
31-07-2004, 02:55
TaTu^HeRo, I only watched the Pierce Brosnan ones... Although, I have seen Sean Connary as Bond once (when my dad rented it), didn't impress me though...

I think, personally, that Orlando will make a different, but sexy Bond.

Pop!
31-07-2004, 03:08
Wow, I was just reading a post made in another message board about Angelina Jolie becoming a female version of James Bond and then I saw this one about Orlando Bloom. Weird. Anyway, the movie is supposed to be called Jemima Bond...

kishkash
31-07-2004, 03:29
LMAO!! this is a joke eh. He's cute but in a goofy 'look at me make an ass out of myself' kinda way. Definately doesn't seem suave or overtly manly to me :lol:

luxxi
31-07-2004, 08:28
"Milk. Shaken, not stired." :lol:

:newyear:

magicfor
31-07-2004, 16:08
It's just a joke, right?

ypsidan04
31-07-2004, 16:10
P.S. For those who don't know, the next (21st) James Bond movie will be the last one with Pierce Brosnan in the lead... he himself confirmed it recently.

What he confirmed is that he's thru. He's NOT DOING the next one. Which is due out in less than 2 years, and that's why they're in such a hurry to find a new one.
And the bondgirls aren't even classy anymore... pfff :p

I have to disagree there. :) As long as Britney Spears/Jessica Simpson is never in a Bond movie. That'll be a sad day. But I'm hoping for Hilary Duff/Lindsay Lohan/Michelle Trachtenburg in the not too distant future, however. ;)
i dont think he will. orlando seems a bit ... feminine to me ... 007 is all about being macho and masculine and i just get such efiminate vibes from orly bloom

You're right. And that's exactly why they need Hugh Jackman.

spyretto
01-08-2004, 02:02
They say it's gonna be Eric Bana, the Hector of "Troy". I think it's a better choice than Orlando Bloom but I'm surprised that they chose a non British/Irish to be James Bond. Maybe he can muster a better British accent, being an Aussie ;)

Brosnan has stepped down.

Kate
01-08-2004, 02:05
Pop!, Jemima Bond? Lol. :lol:

Pop!
06-08-2004, 06:40
Eric Bana could pull off playing James Bond with an Aussie accent. It's pretty close to British anyways, no?
Hey, has anyone seen Eric Bana in episodes of Full Frontal??

crni
06-08-2004, 22:17
i've heard on the tv yesterday that bana's manager said that there was no offer for bana to play JB nor bana is interested in such actions... :dknow:

spyretto
14-08-2004, 05:32
Eric Bana could pull off playing James Bond with an Aussie accent. It's pretty close to British anyways, no?
Hey, has anyone seen Eric Bana in episodes of Full Frontal??

True, an Oz can pull it but I still think the next James Bond will be a pommy. :p

teeny
14-08-2004, 09:01
Think there's any truth in it? Personally, I'm very curious to see how Orlando will turn out as the next 007. What do you think?
Well each time there is to be a new James Bond most of the male stars are up in the gossip for being the next one.
I remember Judy Law and Colin Farrell being suggested aswell. The fact so far though has been that the stars chosen aren't really that well known before playing JB. Well sure some has been upcoming stars I guess, but I think that a guy like Orlando Bloom wouldn't be the final choice. Since they shoot JB movies over a few years and the guy picked normally signs up for a few movies in a row. Don't think they would go with a star already having the possibility to sell a movie just by appearing at the poster.

Would say the next James Bond will be someone less known to the public eye.

Kate
14-08-2004, 10:18
Judy Law :lol:

Would say the next James Bond will be someone less known to the public eye. I would go for the guy who played Ted Hamilton in "Win a date with Tad Hamilton" - Josh Duhamel. He's sexy, he's cute, he's spy-like. A photo > here (http://www.josh-duhamel.com/images/josh_duhamel_53.jpg). But maybe he's too young as well. :(

teeny
14-08-2004, 10:23
wooops :lol:
Jude Law that is.. :gigi: How the.. did I get to type Judy.

Hey guy in pic is cute. Think he may be too boyish to play JB though.. Well, aslong as they don't go for George Lanzenby again I'm happy. As for the best James Bond so far I would go with Timothy Dalton. Mostly because I like The Living Daylights the most of the Bond Movies.

Kate
14-08-2004, 11:29
teeny, and I thought you were mocking Jude Law's manliness. :gigi:

teeny
14-08-2004, 21:15
teeny, and I thought you were mocking Jude Law's manliness
Well not with full intentions at least. He wouldn't really be Bond material for sure, but he's not bad at all. A good actor aswell. Loved his performance in Road to Perdition, and I don't remember him to be bad in The Talented Mr. Ripley. Still waiting to see the Return To Cold Mountain. Esp. now that I've been to Romania where it was filmed.