PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2006 Qualifiers..Who did you get?

DAZ
17-07-2004, 22:56
Well Scotland got a b*stard of a group....Italy
Norway
Slovenia
Scotland
Belarus
Moldova
We'll be very lucky if we make 2nd place in that one.In fact the way i've wrote it down is the way it could finish if we don't play as we can.

Tom Violence
17-07-2004, 23:01
England have had a decent draw. All the matches within the British Isles will be great. And there's no real top notch opponents there for them.

England
Poland
Austria
Wales
Northern Ireland
Azerbaijan

crni
17-07-2004, 23:06
we got...
sweden
bulgaria
malta
iceland
and hungary...

if we presume that sweden will have no problem in being the first here, than we could fight with bulgaria for the second place...
but let's not forget the "small" teams who always make some serious sh*t during the qualifying stage... :znaika:
so, everything's open there...

and DAZ, that's the real sh*t of a group :(
the first four teams... they all have a chance... let's just WAS :kwink:

haku
17-07-2004, 23:30
France
Republic Of Ireland
Switzerland
Israel
Cyprus
Faroe Islands

We won't make it, lol.

spyretto
17-07-2004, 23:48
bloody hell, we got

Ukraine ( again)
Denmark :eek:
Turkey :grustno:

Estonia & Albania ( who are not bad teams at all )

and the ass whooped-fools come in the guide of Kazakhstan :p

Not much reward for winning the Euro innit? :p
And it's now very important that we qualify for the WC.

transcend
18-07-2004, 09:49
Sorry, spyretto - but I laughed out loud when I saw your qualifying group. Turkey, eh? It's got to be a fix...Obviously I've been on the Planet Oblivious for the past week because I had no idea about the draw for the World Cup qualifying groups. I need to get a grip and stop being a lazy fucker...but that's another story. Oh yeah, and I am under the spell of an attractive, older woman...

ypsidan04
19-07-2004, 04:27
Belarus
Moldova

Azerbaijan

You can't be serious! Since when can former Soviet Republics play good soccer? :confused: :p
Cyprus
Faroe Islands

OMG. Soccer really has changed lately.
:eek:

All I care about is that the US makes it, and Australia does well (I know they're going to make it)

kishkash
19-07-2004, 05:45
You can't be serious! Since when can former Soviet Republics play good soccer?
u'll be surprized...even though their style is relatively regimented...they play pretty well :p

Tom Violence
19-07-2004, 11:31
You can't be serious! Since when can former Soviet Republics play good soccer? :confused: :p

This is just the qualifiying. Virtually every country in the world has entered. In Europe, only places like Monaco and the Vatican City haven't. So being involved in the qualifying doesn't necessarially imply a team is any good. The only former Soviet Republics with a realistic chance of qualifying for the tournament itself are Russia and the Ukraine.

All I care about is that the US makes it, and Australia does well (I know they're going to make it)

Australia drew with, ahem, the Solomon Islands in their latest qualifying match, you know. Just keep believing.

DAZ
19-07-2004, 19:52

OMG. Soccer really has changed lately.
:eek:

Well the U.S overcame those GIANTS of World Soccer Grenada 3-2 and 3-0.
Also in the North American groups are the superpowers of St.Kitts and Nevis,St Vincent /Grenadines,Netherlands Antilles and Antigua/Barbuda,British Virgin Islands,Turks and Caicos Islands and Monserrat.
The U.S have now qualified for the Second phase and possibly face teams like Canada and Mexico.
Excellent World Cup Website at...

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/

ypsidan04
20-07-2004, 00:41
This is just the qualifiying. Virtually every country in the world has entered.

Oh, my bad. Didn't realize that. :p
Australia drew with, ahem, the Solomon Islands in their latest qualifying match, you know. Just keep believing.

pssst...when FIFA guaranteed a spot to the champion from Oceania, they also guaranteed a spot for Australia. :D Last year they broke the record for most goals scored in an international match. They had 15 I think it was against Western Samoa or something like that. :rolleyes:

:p

PLUS...Australia beat England last year! IN ENGLAND! AGAINST THEIR FULL STRENGTH SIDE! So they're not going to go down easy.

Tom Violence
20-07-2004, 01:03
The winner from Oceania has to play-off against the fifth placed team in the South American qualifying league. Australia came close against Uruguay before the last tournament, but their lack of competitive matches against strong opposition counts against them.

And that record result Australia set was three years ago, against American Samoa when they won by a slightly ludicrous 31-0. The severity of the result most probably being down to the fact that American Samoa fielded a team of 14 and 15 year old schoolboys on that day. Sadly, I don't remember why they did this.

coolasfcuk
20-07-2004, 16:37
we got...
sweden
bulgaria
malta
iceland
and hungary...
uh huh... so we got:

Sweden
Croatia
Malta
Iceland
Hungary

so.... our 'usuals': sweden, croatia and malta!!!! baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah and of course we all know now that we are DOOMED against SWEDEN!!!! so, i think like crni... we will be fighting for the second place.... and now we have Hristo Stoichkov for a coach :gigi: hope he is as good of a coach as he was a player and then eh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

spyretto
20-07-2004, 21:54
It's good that they finally gave Australia a guaranteed place. Otherwise they'd go down to the playoffs no matter what team they were to meet, even if China or the United Arab Emirates, or Kuwait or Pakistan....Venezuela or Ghana :D

So that's a good thing :)

crni
20-07-2004, 22:00
and now we have Hristo Stoichkov for a coach
man, was he an excellent player or what?! :heh:
i really wish him all the best (but not against croatia) :gigi:

Unplugged
20-07-2004, 22:17
We have a pretty easy group, me thinks :D

Russia
Slovakia
Latvia