PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction

jENytATy
11-06-2004, 23:50
has anyone seen this show? i used to love it and still wish that i am able to see it. for those who are not familiar.. in each episode there are like 6 different stories all pretty unbelievable. some are based on actual events while some are just made up by the creators of the show. at the end of the hour, they reveal which stories fit into which category.

thought it'd be interesting to see if anyone can remember stories either from the show or from anywhere else that involve unbelievable events or circumstances that actually did happen. one of my problems is, i do remember some stories, but i just don't remember if they were fact or fiction.

here's one story based on an actual event:

there was an apartment owner (i believe) who had a tenet that was blind and had a seeing eye dog. the man was pretty poor and could not make all the rents so the owner was in a bit of a bind. the owner, however, cared for the man and allowed him to stay longer than he normally would have been able to. then all of a sudden, one night, the seeing eye dog started howling uncontrollably. the next morning, one of the occupants was found dead. such events continued not too far from each other. whenever the dog howled at night, the next morning.. someone was found dead. this obviously unnerved the occupants of the place and, as a result, they complained to the owner. with a reluctant heart, the owner had to let the blind man go. on his last night stay, the dog once again howled, but everyone was alive the next morning. nonetheless, the blind man and his dog had to leave.

later that afternoon, a police officer came to the owner with some identification and asked if he knew who the man was. it was the blind man. apparently, after his departure from the apartment, he and his dog were run over by a vehicle while crossing the streets. so basically, the dog had fortold the death of his owner and of himself.

goku
12-06-2004, 00:09
Yeah, I've seen it jENytATy. I don't remember that much though, I think there was a story about someone's son killing the stepfather of something... a horse was involved... lol I dunno :p I always thought it was cool though, interesting stories.

jENytATy
13-06-2004, 07:55
lol.. how detailed that story was.. thank you for sharing :D

rosh
28-06-2004, 08:53
mmm now im creeped out ...

but the howling dog thingie ... i can relate

when my ex'es granny died, i knew when it happened. i was staying at her folks house over a weekend and i woke up hearing their dog howl three times, but spaced apart.

then i knew her granny had died ... i didnt wake her to tell her tho, it was 1am in the morning !

she woke me the next morning to tell me her granny was dead. and i told her i knew ... so then she was freaked out!

teeny
28-06-2004, 12:50
:none:
Last week, wednesday, my neighbours dog was really talkative. I could hear it for hours. Normally it's really quiet, but seemed to be really upset that day. The woman next door is old and seems to be ill or something. Her husband is at work most of the day or out of the appartment at least.
So with the dog making noises I got worried that she had troubles or might have died.. but I decided to wait and see. Mostly because she seemed really scared to open the door last time I knocked on the door, and she couldn't make sense of anything I was saying.
Anyway.. nothing had happened. I think seeing too many Lassie movies got to me eventually :lalala: