PDA

View Full Version : russian names help please

pcartwright81
19-03-2004, 05:45
Ok here is my question. My fiance's name is Levchenko Svetlana Anatolievna. What name is the given name, middle name , and the family name. I need this information for my visa paperwork. Also how does the name change for getting married and having a child. I am confused can someone in Russia or someone who knows about this please help me.

freddie
19-03-2004, 08:08
OK I'm not russian so russian folks feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'll just state some obvious facts.

1st name: Svetlana , middle surname, the patronim: Anatolievna (daughter of Anatolij), surname: Levchenko.
Ummm... I'm not sure what changes, but I think she gets your surname and keeps the partonim while she gets your last surname.

forre
19-03-2004, 13:40
Originally posted by freddie
OK I'm not russian so russian folks feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'll just state some obvious facts.

1st name: Svetlana , middle surname, the patronim: Anatolievna (daughter of Anatolij), surname: Levchenko.
Ummm... I'm not sure what changes, but I think she gets your surname and keeps the partonim while she gets your last surname.

Correct. She will be called Svatlana Anatolievna + Your Surname. Then, patronim normally gets erased if she moves to a non-slavic country. So practically, she will be called Svetlana + Your Surname.