PDA

View Full Version : space shuttle columbia :(

FREDDYLOU
01-02-2003, 17:12
i 'm watching t.v. and found out that shuttle has just exploed
about a hour ago. reply with responds....i'll pray them and there family's.... :(:( :(

Silenced Sonix
01-02-2003, 19:24
OK, my piece of unsympathetic puke - who gives a crap? The Columbia was very old - I'm assuming it was near to the end of it's airframe lifetime, so things like that could've been expected. Mark my words, the Yanks are going to blame this on Iraq and all the other "bad little people" out there.

PS: how come this type of thing never happens to the Russians? Weren't they supposed to be the losers of the Space Race? Isn't their technology inferior to that of Might America?

PS2: this is my honest opinion, so please don't delete/edit it.

goku
01-02-2003, 19:34
Stuff does happen to Russians, and just because they "lost" the Space Race doesn't mean their technology is inferior... they are probably just as advanced as the Americans, if not more experienced...

And though this might be the result of a foolish mistake, I feel sorry for the families going through this tragedy...

Silenced Sonix
01-02-2003, 19:48
Your sympathy will not lessen their sorrow - cruel as it might sound, it is true

PS: I'm currently of opinion that Russian technology is actually far superior to that of contemporary American designs - the Americans just had better propaganda in their support

Jan
01-02-2003, 20:31
Well, what exactly do you mean when you say "the losers of the Space Race"?

I don't think we are "the losers", really. We don't do as much as we used to, but it is not about HOW MUCH you are doing, it is more about HOW WELL you are doing it.

and: sympathy DOES lessens the sorrow, even though only to a certain degree...

goku
01-02-2003, 20:46
Whatever....

The ship was outdated and probably shouldn't have flown in the first place...

Silenced Sonix
01-02-2003, 20:47
Russia did not lose the Space Race - America used propaganda and fake lunar footage to pursuade you Russians not to bother trying for the moon. Don't get me wrong here - I'm a avid supporter of anything Russian, and have great respect for all the Russian scientists who worked/work for Biopreparat... Jan, I assume you do know what Biopreparat is?

FREDDYLOU
01-02-2003, 21:11
thanks for neg responds..... i hope that it wouldn't happen not even to my own country....but space race that so 50's
60's. the space races is with us the world to come together
as one. for this yank says thank-u.

Silenced Sonix
01-02-2003, 21:38
What?! You're American, and you can't even speak proper English? Please, no offense, but try a little harder to make yourself understandable next time!

nasnedagoniat
01-02-2003, 22:24
I think you should keep quiet, because you don't know what you are talking about. I am from Russia and I know a lot about America's NASA. First off, the Columbia wasn't that old, you have no idea why it crashed so don't act like you do. Also, Russia has a very long history of failures just as America has its failures. Most of Russia's failures, you have never heard about and probably never will because of cover ups. When was the last time Africa sent anything into space. Be quiet and leave Russia and America alone. People like you make America like it is. If the world was all hugs and kisses there would be no reason for war.

luxxi
01-02-2003, 22:27
Old shuttle + stuff falling off and hitting wings + not fixing it properply + all other dangers asociated with atmospheric reentry = accident.

But to put things in perspective. I expect that same number of people will die this weekend on Slovenian roads in car accidents. Not that it will be breking news on CNN.

Echoed
01-02-2003, 22:40
I thought Russia sent the first satellite AND the first man into space. Just not the first man on the moon. How exactly is that losing the Space Race?

Anyway, I'm staying out of this discussion. Just don't all get too carried away. Or I will put on my mod hat and edit at my leisure. Express yourselves, but be considerate as well.

~Echo.

Synista
02-02-2003, 03:45
Originally posted by nasnedagoniat
I think you should keep quiet, because you don't know what you are talking about. I am from Russia and I know a lot about America's NASA. First off, the Columbia wasn't that old, you have no idea why it crashed so don't act like you do. Also, Russia has a very long history of failures just as America has its failures. Most of Russia's failures, you have never heard about and probably never will because of cover ups. When was the last time Africa sent anything into space. Be quiet and leave Russia and America alone. People like you make America like it is. If the world was all hugs and kisses there would be no reason for war.

1. Yes, it was old.
2. WTF does Africa have anything to do with this? :confused:
3. Tell that last part to the American president :rolleyes:

6 Shooter
03-02-2003, 18:42
Yea it was 40 yrs old and it was a very reliable machine... I saw it at NASA when i went down to florida. Im praying for the families... My aunt and uncle live in texas hope they didnt get ne of the derbis... :(

goku
07-02-2003, 01:56
Uh, not to sound mean or anything, but I that's over and done with...
Anyone got anything good to start a new thread on?

Echoed
07-02-2003, 05:44
I hope you mean "good" as in "good news". Because as much as this "news" about the Columbia is "old", it's not something to shrug off in such a manner. People are people, and life is life. I take no sides on whose fault is what, but when a tragedy occurs, one should try to show a little more respect than that.

In other words, try to be less offensive about it. ^_^''

~Echo.

Zell
07-02-2003, 06:33
Originally posted by Silenced Sonix
OK, my piece of unsympathetic puke - who gives a crap? The Columbia was very old - I'm assuming it was near to the end of it's airframe lifetime, so things like that could've been expected. Mark my words, the Yanks are going to blame this on Iraq and all the other "bad little people" out there.

PS: how come this type of thing never happens to the Russians? Weren't they supposed to be the losers of the Space Race? Isn't their technology inferior to that of Might America?

PS2: this is my honest opinion, so please don't delete/edit it.

whoa...dude, chill out, u have super major problems..i think its sad, people dies, doesnt that matter. that they were trying to find out what else is out there? these people were smart and got to somewhere were u will never be. and plus, dont diss russians, russians get key points, they launched the first satellite, sorry for me to get so rude with u, u have no heart, :mad: !!!

Jan
08-02-2003, 07:12
Biopreparat?
Never heard of it.

Silenced Sonix
08-02-2003, 08:58
Well, not many people actually know of Biopreparat - it was the civilian front for Russia's biological warfare program during the Cold War, when Communist Russia was pumping out more biological weapons and tonnes of anthrax than anything else, even after signing an international treaty which forbid them from pursueing means of mass destruction via artificial and natural poisons, virusses and toxins.

People, I think you misunderstood me when I said that Russian technology was inferior and that they lost the Space Race - for those of you who don't know, it's called sarcasm... ever heard of it?

Echoed
08-02-2003, 17:53
"Sarcasm"? What is this thing called... "sarcasm"?

(Oh, the irony. I'm stock full of bad puns.)

Anyway, I have no comment on Russian technology. I simply have condolences for the families of those who died.

~Echo.

Silenced Sonix
08-02-2003, 19:06
Something I just heard on radio - NASA now stands for Need Another Seven Astronauts. MegaLOL! Now that's irony!

FREDDYLOU
08-02-2003, 21:06
that's f@#k up!!.. NASA is the symbol of the hard work and
the dedcation to space. How can anyone say a rude thing
like that. When the challenger was no longer. Many people
thought that NASA stood for that. The space station is completed the world should be unitified in the exploring of space. for now the usa could ask the world to be more
diverse then ever. So u make fun of NASA u make fun of the WORLD.....

luxxi
08-02-2003, 22:31
Originally posted by FREDDYLOU
that's f@#k up!!.. NASA is the symbol of the hard work and
the dedcation to space. How can anyone say a rude thing
like that. When the challenger was no longer. Many people
thought that NASA stood for that. The space station is completed the world should be unitified in the exploring of space. for now the usa could ask the world to be more
diverse then ever. So u make fun of NASA u make fun of the WORLD.....

Tell me something. Why is that whenever something happens to US it's a world tragedy? 11.9. was world tragedy and all that. When somebody blew up those apartment blocks in Russia in 1999 was it world tragedy? Did US observe 1 minute of silence? Did they lower the flags on half staff? Or when somebody blows up a pizza place in Israel? Is that world tragedy? Do US observe 1 minute of silence in their memory? Or when Israelis kill refugee in Lebanon? Guess not.

But when soemthing happens to US then whole world must mourn the dead, whole world must be shocked, whole world should fly their flags on half staff. Get some perspective, will you? :rolleyes:

Neoperestroika
09-02-2003, 00:03
Originally posted by luxxi
...when soemthing happens to US then whole world must mourn the dead, whole world must be shocked, whole world should fly their flags on half staff.

That is true, but there were people of many nationalities killed in the terrorist attack against the US.

I suppose we are all expected to mourn the loss of the shuttle because it could have implications for all of us.

nasnedagoniat
09-02-2003, 00:52
when the terrorist took over Russian theater, all of America watched with worries, this was even discussed in American classrooms across the country, America doesn't mourn such things as restaurant bombings and insane terrorists attacks that happen everyday in these other countries. they are viewed as acts of cavemen. terrorism is stupid, we shouldn't have to live in fear. i like going out with thinking, "oh , what if they blow up this mall" this will not be part of american lifestyle, so we tend to block out such events in other countries, you would too. its human nature.

goku
09-02-2003, 01:47
Silenced Sonix, are you getting as bored as I am with this thread? I think only you and me agree on this thing...

Echoed
09-02-2003, 02:37
If you are bored of it goku, stop reading it. ^_^'

~Echo.

FREDDYLOU
09-02-2003, 04:36
I like to watch many type's of news programs, but when
it come's to world events, i like to say that i'm very aware of
other events that happens around the world. i'm very sad
about many people dyiing in the world other then my own homefront. If are very bored about this thread. then go....
GO GO GOO GO GO GO GO........ BYE BYE BYE .....
FREDDYLOU.