PDA

View Full Version : [The Last One] Tatu In Podnebesnaya. Release from 28.02.04. [aka Ep. 13]

Kate
28-02-2004, 21:04
Discussing the last episode of Podnebesnaya here.

>> Mini-Report from Artem. << :rose: <-- to Atrem.

To sum it all up, they cancelled the normal broadcasting by promising the "forbidden clips".
On the 14th they will show something with the old songs.
But today they showed the start of Podnebesnaya (new year part) and the end of Podnebesnaya (Shap's fantasies).
Also they played a few (two, three) demos and showed the "forbidden clip". The forbidden clip was for Demyan's song "Protected by glasses" aka "Zaschischatsia Ochkami". Din't get what was so forbidden about it... either it was that the girls were using the metro (subway) or because Lena took her top off... anyway, let's wait for Hare to post the exclusive tracks.
One of the tracks can be downloaded from here:
http://tatulife.kulichki.net
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:gigi:

News from Podnebesnaya Official Website:

Only 21 days left until the announcement of the new album's release date!!

QueenBee
28-02-2004, 21:09
Oooh freaky.. ;)

Kate
28-02-2004, 21:32
Added the report and "Zaschischatsia Ochkami" song as posted by Artem on the Russian forum. :D Thanks, Artem.

QueenBee
28-02-2004, 21:39
WOW! Thanks for the report! *Speechless* Lena took her top off? People are gonna love this. I wonder what the end of Podnebesnaya looked like.. Shap's fantasies? :none:

I'm looking forward to seeing this.. If I ever do see it :D Hopefully somebody will be nice enough to bring us a server..

Thanks Artmen :rose:
And Kate :rose:

Edit: Oops, I'm so stupid. :D I didn't notice the link was to one of the songs.. thanks for that!

Kate
28-02-2004, 21:43
Just a thought. In the KP article (http://tatysite.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6883), they said that they will show the "virtual tour" with the old songs IF the new album won't be released and it'll mean that Tatu no longer exist. And here they said that they will show the tour on the 14th (the supposed released date), does it mean that Tatu will be over?

Oh, and I LOVED THE NEW SONG. It's sooo cool. FINALLY something good from Tatu.

I'll add the translated lyrics in a sec.

Unplugged
28-02-2004, 21:44
Originally posted by QueenBee
Lena took her top off? People are gonna love this.

:yes: :liplick:

Shap's fantasies? :none:

:lol: Maybe he mentioned you, Queenski :gigi:

Thanks, Kate! :D :done:

haku
28-02-2004, 21:46
Thanks katbeidar and artem :rose:

Lena took her top off? People are gonna love this. :yes: :D :liplick: :lalala: :dead:

That being said, i was expecting that "forbidden clip" to be something much more ground shaking than Lena taking her top off LOL.

I just listened to the song and well, they sound nice, not a potential hit, but nice.

TaTuDrEaMeR
28-02-2004, 21:47
Thankz katbeidar....God I love the song its so good, its just something new with a great beat...they sound so great...love the song

About the episode hehe Lena taking her top off lol noing new about that, I mean i know Yulia does it and isnt afraid to do it but noing new if Lena does it...cant wait to see the episode...

Hope the album comes out cuz i think it would be great espacially if this song is in it =)

Bitty2002
28-02-2004, 21:50
Now when you say she took her top off, I am assuming she wasn't wearing a bra, since they RARELY do, but I just wanted to be sure. Because, if it was just showing her bra...*rolls eyes* this was such a publicity stunt. If it was that Lena was nude, still a publicity stunt. If it was that Lena was nude and didn't want anyone to see that, and Ivan fought to keep from being shown, but now Lena agreed for whatever reason...it makes me wonder why Ivan would have fought so hard for Lena unless he actually cared about her feelings. OR one again all a publicity stunt. I think we should add the word tatu to our dictionaries and put the definition of it as "publicity stunts"

Unplugged
28-02-2004, 21:53
I am assuming she wasn't wearing a bra, since they RARELY do

:laugh: Yeah, that's true... Well, I hope she wasn't wearing one :lalala:

BTW: this was the "forbidden clip"? :rolleyes:

Kate
28-02-2004, 21:54
Zaschischatsya Ochkami translated LYRICS:

This is your land,
This is your country,
It is your love,
It is your soul.

This is your moon,
This is your star,
It is your night,
It is yours forever [?]

It is my game,
That fixed the clouds,
The sky is halfed,
I'll give you the sun.

I will... I will protect myself with glasses... protect myself with glasses...

This is your [?]
This is your curve,
It is your storm,
They are your colors.

This is yours, mine,
This is your simplicity,
It is my fantasy,
It is your only.

It is my game,
That fixed the clouds,
The sky is halfed,
I'll give you the sun.

It is my game,
That fixed the clouds,
The sky is halfed,
I'll give you the sun.

I... I...

It is my game,
That fixed the clouds,
The sky is halfed,
I'll give you the sun.

It is my game,
That fixed the clouds,
The sky is halfed,
I'll give you the sun.

It's... I...

:love:

Artem
28-02-2004, 21:55
:D

itsme22
28-02-2004, 21:57
Their vocals are good in the song, and I like the melody of their vocal, but I'm not so sure about the music. I think they could use Horn's help to make the song work better.

TaTuDrEaMeR
28-02-2004, 21:59
Um I like the song the way it is expect the sound of the metro and the end where some guy is talking but other than that i love the song the way it is

Unplugged
28-02-2004, 22:00
As for the song, I love the parts where they say "Zaschischatsia Ochkami".. But this is just a demo, right?

Kate
28-02-2004, 22:03
I think that I like the song cuz it's not random, and it has a little special something in it. Not so much love for the vocals though... Julia and Lena are not singing very synchronically in the chorus... :hmmm:

TaTuDrEaMeR, there is a sound of the metro cuz the song was ripped from the music video, and the girls are using the metro in it.

Mossopp
28-02-2004, 22:04
I can't download that track. I can only get the first 7 seconds of it. :(

TaTuDrEaMeR
28-02-2004, 22:09
Ohh okay...didn't know that :lalala:... thankz katbeidar...now i wanna see the vid...wish i lived in Russia to see all the episodes already shown and eveything else about em

Mossopp
28-02-2004, 22:15
Can anyone suggest a reason as to why I cannot download this track? The 7 seconds of it that I managed to get sounded kinda cool and I wanna hear the rest.

itsme22
28-02-2004, 22:18
the same thing happened to me, but when I downloaded it again it worked fine

QueenBee
28-02-2004, 22:21
Mossopp, I really don't know why it doesn't work. I uploaded the song to my Geocities account, try if it works (http://www.geocities.com/tatuverse/ochki.mp3).

transcend
28-02-2004, 22:21
No, sorry, Mossopp. Usually I have terrible problems downloading songs but I got this really quickly...can't anybody help Mossopp?

Ah, Queen Bee has graciously come to the rescue.:)

And thanks to Kate and Artem:D .

Artem
28-02-2004, 22:25
All in work. I don't know what is the problem at your internet provider.

QueenBee
28-02-2004, 22:26
transcend, aaw.. for you :rose:

I wonder why the girls were shown on the metro.. Maybe it's to show that they are regular people? You know.. like normal people you meet on the train. :) But that kinda makes it sound like it's the end of Tatu.. like we'll forget them.. and won't even look twice if we see them on the subway (although it kinda depends on what the other people did in the episode)

RowerB
28-02-2004, 22:26
Thanks for the report, the song and the lyrics katbeidar.
I like this song.

haku
28-02-2004, 22:35
I wonder why the girls were shown on the metro..
Yeah, and Manski said that this clip was done without Ivan knowing about it and that he may react badly to it. Why would Ivan react badly to that? :confused: Strange.
And yeah, if they are planning to show a retrospective on the 14th, it means the band's over. At least that's what Manski said.
It doesn't necessarily mean that Y&L are over, but the band Tatu as we knew it.

transcend
28-02-2004, 22:35
I think this song's got potential. It's as catchy as crap and I think it'll be a smash in Russia. Yes, the instrumentation and production need to be worked up.

Like QueenBee, I think the idea of them being in the metro is to show that they're in solidarity with ordinary Russians. It's a pretty populist gesture.

Oh, and subsequent to a conversation with my best friend tonight (he's a film scholar) I have come up with "Outlandish tATu theory no. 389", if anybody's interested. But first I need to know whether to call somebody as "calm as a boa" is a common expression in Russian.

mir
28-02-2004, 22:36
try downloading here:

ftp://213.10.160.46:21

have fun!

mir

bpro50
28-02-2004, 22:40
I don't think you will see Lena nude, ever! If shirt off, she's covered with something.

Rob
28-02-2004, 22:40
Thanks to Artem and katbeidar for the report and its translation, and the song and its lyrics.

xena225
28-02-2004, 22:41
Artem and katbeidar, thank you very much! :rose:

I like their voices a lot, I like the melody of the vocal (as itsme22 said) - and the lyrics are superb as usual.

It's really great to hear yet another new, very promising song! :done:

xena225

dollparts3000
28-02-2004, 22:42
Great song! I don't think Tatu is finished. They still have a lot of potential!

Mossopp
28-02-2004, 22:45
Mossopp, I really don't know why it doesn't work. I uploaded the song to my Geocities account, try if it works (http://www.geocities.com/tatuverse/ochki.mp3).

Thank you very, very much. :rose:

I really like this song. After all the other demos turned out to be very boring and disappointing IMO, it's great to finally hear a new upbeat tATu track that actually has a tune!
I have actually heard this one before - the girls were rehearsing it on the 'Liquid News' report last week.
This is very promising. I am now fervently praying that the girls don't split and we get to hear this new album afterall.
*crosses fingers*

Igor
28-02-2004, 22:51
Все личеры тут как тут. :D

la aurora
28-02-2004, 23:13
Ok. Here we go. My last report.

Subtitle: 12 previous episodes TATU unseccsessfully tried to record their new album. This is the 13th episode.

Ivan sits in some wierd hat and talks about eternity. And how every human cares about it. Blah blah blah...

Subtitle: TATU in Podnebesnaya: the beginning and the end. [most of the text slowly melts leaving 'the beginning' alone]

31st of December. New Year party in Podnebesnaya. Everyone has fun. Yulia and Lena wear beautiful dresses. Everyone smiles, dances, drinks and watches fireworks. Yulia and Lena sit hugging each other. Later they hug Ivan who has a huge bottle of shampaign in his hands.
Mansky makes a tost: I wish you to record the new album this year, and hope it'll be the coolest album in music history. Wish u health, wealth... blah blah blah... and never be separated from each other.
Yulia: *laughing* We've met already. And guess we are stuck with each other.

Subtitle: on the 1st of January the recording of new album should begin. At this New Years night nobody could doubt TATU's great future.

Yulia: Well... the recording is a complicated proccess. U can't say how much it will take. You can finish it in 2 weeks in hurry, or work abit more and make something useful... But if we concentrate enough, I think we can finish it it in time.

Subtitle: on the 13th of January the recording began.

They are working on some new song. It's an up-beat one. Something like 'Ti soglasna' ['you are ready' or 'you agree to']
Yulia sings her part in half-screaming manner. Then it's Lena's turn to do some screaming. She says she can't, she doesn't know how. Ivan says her to learn how to do that. She does and quite well. Then she tries to do it in some very low voice :dead:

Then girls sit on the sofa and say that they have a very close relationship, much closer than one can imagine. Tho I'm not sure who's relationship it was. :gigi: More likely they meant them' and Ivan.

Back to recording. Ivan asks Yulia to sing her part once again but this time in the rap manner. She does. The result sounds quite energetic. I actually loved it. Hope Hare uploads the thing soon.

Some journalist talking to Ivan. He asks him if he wanted to stay in the history. Ivan talks a lot, thinks alot but main idea is: 'i don't have any goals in this life'.

Yulia is sitting on the sofa and talks about her throat. It obviously hurts but she founds the whole situation somewhat funny.

Shap continues talking to the journalist. This time about religion. he says that religion is the derivative of fear. That every religion is based on humans fear of death... blah blah blah again :gigi:

Then Yulia, lena, Ivan and others are shown in Podnebesnaya. Mansky brings the huge pack of letters. [They got more than 33 000 by that time - the subtitle says]. Everyone begins to read and discuss. The ones they liked or found funny, they'd read aloud. Yulia finds the song she thinks is cool... Ivan is like 'yeah, I saw it... it's a good one'.

Subtitle: 17th January the Reality Show on STS channel began.

Again Yulia, Lena and Co all together in Podnebesnaya. Thinking about guests to invite. Girls write Smash in the list... then Yulia adds Brigada. But hat's all. Then Yulia tries to convince everyone that inviting guests would be plain boring and way too artificial, so they better just tell ppl the hours they are working on the album, and at any other time everyone is welcomed. Yulia wants real parties there.

Subtitle: an the end of January no songs were ready still.

Again some work in the studio is going on. Ivan suggests to record some 'slow song'.

Lena says she wants to sing low, coz she has low voice.
Yulia tries to record but fails. She says she has bad throat. Ivan says 'nevermind. sing as you can'. She does. Ivan says that the day before her voice was much better. Yulia agrees saying the reason was all the screaming she did the previous day. And that after she screams there's no way she can do any recording next day. Ivan says she better rests till tomorrow. Once again Yulia doesn't argue giving the headphones to Lena, who also does some recording. The song is called 'Zaschischatsa ochkami'.

Sibtitle: In the beginning of February the soloists of TATU left Ivan Shapovalov. Ivan got the idea to record another album 'Podnebesnaya without TATU' [workers taking posters with RS advertisment from the streets are shown]

Subtitle: The ending.

Ivan says that the 'Podnebesnaya' album is recordered and has 12 tracks of different authors there.

Journalist asks him if those are sang by everyone but not TATU. Ivan says that it was sang by everyone *and* TATU.

Then Ivan is asked about the future of TATU and if he was planning to find other girls instead of Yulia and Lena.

Ivan says that it's a bullshit. It's Mansky who needs some action to go on in Podnebesnaya that's why he organizes those castings. Ivan doesn't really need them.

Journalist asks Ivan about the difficult situation the project was in.

Ivan: The situation isn't any difficult. What's difficult? I give them 100% freedom. They can do what they want. They can work with me or any other producer. lots of varints exists. *thinks a bit* 6 at least as I see now.

Journalist laughs saying Ivan is an interesting type that seems not to care about what happens. Ivan says everything that happens is ok with him.

Ivan Demyan is singing some song for Podnebesnaya album.

Journalist contunies talking to Ivan. he asks something about lesbianism and Ivan asks him what did he mean by the word 'leasbian'. Journalist thinks a bit and then says it's when 2 girls show they have deeper relationship than just friendship. Ivan laughs and says: 'Oh... So... The one who's full with love for all the mankind must be bisexual then'.

Mansky: Vanya, you'll have to pay for everything one day *changing to joking mood* I imagine u standing near the heavens door and pleading 'Hey! I'm the guy who founded TATU! Pleeeeaaase, let me in' *everyone laughing hard* won't work, I'm afraid.

Mansky: Vanya doesn't care about the future. He lives in 'today'. Tomorrow just doesn't exists for him.

Then some ppl from Podnebesnaya talk about Ivan. They mostly say that he's a great type and not as stupid as he can seem. So girl (one of those Yulia-look-alikes) says she'd marry him, coz he's so kind, smart and sensitive.

Another girl (one to take part in Podenebesnaya album) says he's the one you can depend on and that he has computer in his head or it seems so. She said he was using them (everyone in Podnebesnaya) of course but they were using him as well. She also said Ivan has lots of patience and that she writes and gives him her song for a long already. And he's the only producer who'll always listen and give her the hope she'll do something worthy one day.

Ivan is asked about the future of RS. He thinks as long as he usually does and than smiles and says he's not gonna tell. 'The idea is the smae - keep filming ME and then we'll see' *laughs*

2 girls from look-alike contest dance ith studio, later Ivan joins one of them. They all seem to have fun.

Mansky is all alone in front of the camera. he says that the show is over. That on the 14th of March we'll see TATU's old hits or something. That some extra-epidodes can appear on STS channel if something important happens and now we couls see the video on the newest TATU's song.

Pam pam pam... "Zaschischaysa ochkami' is on. The video was made from Podnebesnaya footage, old footage from USA and filming made in metro (with Lena there) and some bus (Yulia) . Yeah, Lena showed some boobs (the picture was blurred in right places) and the last scene was Yulia standing in some yard looking like a usual kid of the streets (or it seemed so for me)

Latest scene of RS - Ivan says: I AM NOT TATU.

Amen.

Sorry, I was kinda in hurry typing the thing. So may be I'll edit it later. May be not :gigi: If have any questions, just ask.

haku
28-02-2004, 23:17
Thank you so much sunny poison :rose: :rose: :rose:

You have been a huge help for us all here, many thanks. :10x: <-- you covered with roses

Rob
28-02-2004, 23:20
sunny poison,
Thanks a lot for your report!

QueenBee
28-02-2004, 23:21
Sunny Poison, GREAT! Thank you so much girl.. Without you we'd be nowhere.. So.. I give you alot of roses.. more than you could imagine.. so that they don't even fit in your house! Yes, yes. :yes: :10x: <-You

Haha! How can you NOT love him? ;)

Everything is fine :coctail:

transcend
28-02-2004, 23:25
Thanks, sunny poison. So, can you tell me whether it's common in Russia to call somebody as calm as a boa?

Unplugged
28-02-2004, 23:30
So girl (one of those Yulia-look-alikes) says she'd marry him, coz he's so kind, smart and sensitive.

Was it QueenBee? :heh:

Yeah, Lena showed some boobs

:dead:

Thanks so much for the report, sunny poison! :coctail:

So, all of this was a huge PR stunt or it's all over (t.A.T.u. as we know them, at least)? I'd go for the 2nd option. Unless Ivan said "I AM NOT TATU" maybe meaning he is nice and modest enough to give the girls their band name?

haku
28-02-2004, 23:34
So, if i understand correctly, we're going to have an album partially sung by Y&L and by other people too (lookalikes or whatever)... :spy: Huh... Definitely different LOL

QueenBee
28-02-2004, 23:35
Was it QueenBee?
Hehe.. Now you'll see me.. Surprise surprise! :coctail:

I'm kinda confused now.. Is Tatu over and this album is the last we'll hear from them (as a memory of all the.. memories)? Why did they show old clips? To show us exactly those memories and what we should remember? :ithink: And why did Ivan say "I am not Tatu"? To prove how free they are, or just to joke?

Life is SO great. :laugh:

la aurora
28-02-2004, 23:38
You are welcome, everyone *oh... so many roses... but where am I supposed to sleep tonight?* :D

transcend, yes 'spokoen/spokoyna kak udav'. It's the common saying here :gigi: sometimes it's elephant instead of the boa tho...

staringelf, I don't know the answer on this one. The only thing that changed for me after this episode is that I got some doubts about Ivan's intentions. I was 100% sure before he won't let girls go easily. Now I think he's ok with this idea. I won't be even surprise if he lets them to use the name TATU with another producer. But may be he won't :gigi: I don't know. Can't say this episode cleared the things much.

Linda16
28-02-2004, 23:47
Thank you very much for your report, sunny poison!

What about the forbidden 17 seconds? Were they the part of the "Zaschischaysa ochkami" clip?

Unplugged
28-02-2004, 23:48
Originally posted by haku
So, if i understand correctly, we're going to have an album partially sung by Y&L and by other people too (lookalikes or whatever)... :spy: Huh... Definitely different LOL

:confused: :lol:

Maybe Ivan used these girls:

http://foto.rambler.ru/public/s/1/s1ammc/Tatu/01280005/01280005-web.jpg

Originally posted by sunny poison
I don't know. Can't say this episode cleared the things much.

Yeah, as usually nothing is clear.

BTW, I assume the "forbidden" 17 seconds were not shown afterall?

simon
28-02-2004, 23:49
Wow! Thanks a million, sunny poison! :heart:

The show seems to have still left it unclear quite what actually happened during the time Mansky was filming them. :D Oh, well, I suppose an explanation would have been too much. :p

The comments the girls made on the sofa are very ambiguous and I expect we'll have lots of furious debates about who they were referring to (each other? Ivan? Mansky? Smash? each other's boyfriends? Vladimir Putin?).

Unplugged
28-02-2004, 23:54
The comments the girls made on the sofa are very ambiguous and I expect we'll have lots of furious debates about who they were referring to (each other? Ivan? Mansky? Smash? each other's boyfriends? Vladimir Putin?).

Oh, I don't even care anymore. It's always the same vague stuff... :rolleyes: It's pointless. It's so predictable: somebody's gonna say "of course they're referring to Ivan" while someone says "They were referring to each other! Open your minds, people!" :rolleyes: :laugh:

Kate
28-02-2004, 23:55
So, no one actually paid any attention to the fact that the group might be falling apart?! What about what Mansky said in the KP interview on Friday? He said that if the new album won't be released, then they will show Tatu's "virtual tour" with old songs, and it'll mean that Tatu is no longer around.

In this episode they said that they will show the "virtual tour" on the 14th of March!!

Any thoughts on this?

:ithink:

transcend
28-02-2004, 23:58

transcend, yes 'spokoen/spokoyna kak udav'. It's the common saying here :gigi: sometimes it's elephant instead of the boa tho...

Ok, so that pretty much kills my outlandish theory stone dead, but it's an interesting little anecdote anyway. So, I was talking to my friend about tATu tonight on the phone, and he tells me that he's been watching the French film "Celine et Julie vont en bateau", which is his favourite film of all time (it was made in 1974 by Jacques Rivette and is quite famous, but I've never seen it myself). It's about these two girls who are uncannily similar to Yulia and Lena both in looks and personality, and my friend told me that he was watching this film again and he thought THIS IS TATU!!! because the film is about the elaboration of the relationship between the two girls - they may be sisters, they may be friends, they may be lovers...

And then my friend said that it was funny that I mentioned Lena calling Yulia as calm as a boa, because a feather boa is featured early on in the film, and then there are puns throughout the film on boa (as in feather boa - a fashion accessory) and on boa (as in snake). It's an amusing coincidence, no?...Or maybe not ;) .

And sunny poison, where will you be sleeping tonight? With the angels, as usual, I expect ;) :rose: .

Unplugged
28-02-2004, 23:58
Any thoughts on this?

Well, I didn't expect anything else.

la aurora
28-02-2004, 23:59
well... I don't know if those 17 seconds were planed to be shown at all. Mansky said he was going to show just some scenes Ivan didn't want him to, right? And who said they should be in that video and not during the episode itself?
Well... that hat Ivan had on.. was so gayish... may be it was something he didn't want us to see :rolleyes: :gigi:

I don't think it was the 'boob' scene that was supposed to shock us. I don't think we were supposed to be shocked at all... well... I wasn't anyway. :dknow:

transcend
29-02-2004, 00:03
In what context was the boob scene shown, sunny? Can you describe it more thoroughly? Was it while Lena was at/on the metro? I'm just curious.

Unplugged
29-02-2004, 00:05
Can you describe it more thoroughly?
I'm just curious

Sure. Just curious :liplick: :heh:

Well, of course it can't be the boob scene or the gayish hat :laugh: What's so forbidden and shocking about that?... :hmmm:

haku
29-02-2004, 00:07
Well, what Manski said is quite clear, the images from Anatomy who are shown during Zaschischatsya Ochkami are the images Ivan forbidden from Anatomy.
Now, i don't know if the subway scene was supposed to be in Anatomy... :spy: It may be some other images shown during this clip.

Originally posted by katbeidar
So, no one actually paid any attention to the fact that the group might be falling apart?! What about what Mansky said in the KP interview on Friday?
I did in one of my posts. For me it's the end of Tatu as we know it. I don't know what that means exactly though LOL But an album with various artists? It's already not Tatu!

QueenBee
29-02-2004, 00:07
Get real. Ivan loves Mansky and wears a gay hat while not wanting anyone to know he is in love with a man! (He didn't want the gay hat to be shown - it was the forbidden material) He made Tatu because he had second thoughts about his sexuality, and when he met Mansky he thought "Fcuk it! I might aswell admit the whole thing to myself". But then he gets nervous, and starts talking about "No future", 'cause he can't live while being gay. And then, at the end of the show he says "I AM NOT TATU" because Tatu represent homosexuality and he is screaming and yelling that he is not a homosexual. He is denying himself! Jeez, was that so hard to figure out? :laugh:

transcend
29-02-2004, 00:08
Yeah, that's right, staring elf,...just curious. I don't know what you could be suggesting!

And I LMAO at Ivan in the gayish hat...One of my favourite outlandish theories...Ivan is really a malchik gay!

Unplugged
29-02-2004, 00:09
Get real. Ivan loves Mansky and wears a gay hat while not wanting anyone to know he is in love with a man! (He didn't want the gay hat to be shown - it was the forbidden material) He made Tatu because he had second thoughts about his sexuality, and when he met Mansky he thought "Fcuk it! I might aswell admit the whole thing to myself". But then he gets nervous, and starts talking about "No future", 'cause he can't live while being gay. And then, at the end of the show he says "I AM NOT TATU" because Tatu represent homosexuality and he is screaming and yelling that he is not a homosexual. He is denying himself! Jeez, was that so hard to figure out? :laugh:

:lol: Great theory! :yes: (Well, I wouldn't be surprised :rolleyes: )

transcend
29-02-2004, 00:12
...ah, whatever the future may bring, tATu has been a laugh on the whole, hasn't it? There've been good times...there've been bad times...(launches into My Way).

la aurora
29-02-2004, 00:16
:lol: at queenie's theory :rose:

ok. the boob scene. The whole video consisted of the scenes from RS, anatomy, interviews and so on. Nothing shocking there was. The metro filming... I don't think it was made for Anatomy. More likely they filmed it just for the video. And lol not. lena wasn't showing her boobs in metro . She's not THAT crazy. They were standing in some room, few ppl were around and then she just turned to the camera and pulled her t-shirt up hell knows what for :gigi:

simon
29-02-2004, 00:17
Why was the hat gayish, sunny poison? (God, the inane questions we ask you).

QueenBee
29-02-2004, 00:19
Aah Lena.. how can you not love her? :dknow: She's obviously being controversial and COOL! Go Lena :laugh: Thanks for the info Sunny Poison! I'm still trying to figure out what those 17 seconds were.. Even though I lean towards my gay hat-theory. It couldn't be JUST Lena's boobs.. unless they were visible for 17 seconds :eek: I'm sure nobody would complain anyway ;)

PS. Would somebody please translate what Igor said?

Оффтоп:
Все личеры тут как тут.
:dknow:

Unplugged
29-02-2004, 00:20
lena wasn't showing her boobs in metro . She's not THAT crazy.

OMG :lol: hahahahahaha I just thought of Lena flashing everyone in the subway :p Can you imagine how random that would be? :laugh: You're in the subway and suddenly Lena from tATu comes up and shows her boobs :lol:

simon
29-02-2004, 00:22
:lol:

So the 'gay hat' theory seems to be the only remaining contender.

sunny poison, can you think of anything else that it might have been?

Of course, as convol suggested there probably never were any 'forbidden' 17 seconds.

haku
29-02-2004, 00:25
she just turned to the camera and pulled her t-shirt up hell knows what for
Thanks for the details sunny poison :rose: :lalala:

I'm still trying to figure out what those 17 seconds were.. Even though I lean towards my gay hat-theory. It couldn't be JUST Lena's boobs..
And no, the forbidden images from Anatomy are *not* Lena showing her boobs since it seems it was done just for that video. So it's something else during that video, i guess we'll just have to watch that video again and again and again until we find those 17 forbidden seconds... :lol:

RowerB
29-02-2004, 00:40
Thanks for the report sunny poison.
Hopefully tatu will remain as tatu, with access to their old stuff.

Kate
29-02-2004, 00:42
QueenBee, Igor said "All the leechers are here"...

la aurora
29-02-2004, 00:44
well... lol... the hat... it was the black military-like hat like ones they usually show ppl wearing in gay clubs plus it had some disco mood in it :gigi:

as for forbidden 17 secs... well... i read that article once again. Mansky said he used scenes that Ivan decided not to show in Anotomy for some reason. he didn't say those were - 17 seconds he ad to cut. I believe those 17 seconds exist coz I saw the debates mansky had with that deputee and while sounding much more convincing most of the time, when the host of the program asked him about those 17 seconds, he felt uneasy and had to admit that it was the first time he agreed not to show 'all the reality' coz he decided himself ppl weren't ready for that yet. He said he'll show it after 10 years may be. Some think it had something to do with drugs. But nobody knows for sure.

transcend
29-02-2004, 00:45
QueenBee, Igor said "All the lechers are here"...

Damn straight!!!

QueenBee
29-02-2004, 00:49
Oh please! We're ready for the truth! I really wanna see those 17 seconds!

*Writes note to Mansky about sending her the 17 seconds that were cut out*

thegurgi
29-02-2004, 00:55
hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:: i'm still thinking ::

simon
29-02-2004, 00:55
well... lol... the hat... it was the black military-like hat like ones they usually show ppl wearing in gay clubs plus it had some disco mood in it :gigi:

as for forbidden 17 secs... well... i read that article once again. Mansky said he used scenes that Ivan decided not to show in Anotomy for some reason. he didn't say those were - 17 seconds he ad to cut.

I thought that at the time of Anatomy Mansky had said that the only thing that Ivan had asked him to take out was those 17 seconds?

I believe those 17 seconds exist coz I saw the debates mansky had with that deputee and while sounding much more convincing most of the time, when the host of the program asked him about those 17 seconds, he felt uneasy and had to admit that it was the first time he agreed not to show 'all the reality' coz he decided himself ppl weren't ready for that yet. He said he'll show it after 10 years may be. Some think it had something to do with drugs. But nobody knows for sure.

I thought at the time of Anatomy Mansky said that he had wanted to show the 17 seconds, but Ivan had said he wouldn't be his friend any more if he did?

kr0k0
29-02-2004, 00:56
Some episodes portrais Ivan as a fool and against Tatu , this episode shows Ivan as a friend of Tatu.
The song is interesting.
Tatu is history ? I don't see what are the reasons. Ivan, Yulia with her throat problems, they all are not in the mood to record an album, problems because of the money, too few songs and not so great ? Fog !

Linda16
29-02-2004, 00:58
I believe those 17 seconds exist coz I saw the debates mansky had with that deputee and while sounding much more convincing most of the time, when the host of the program asked him about those 17 seconds, he felt uneasy and had to admit that it was the first time he agreed not to show 'all the reality' coz he decided himself ppl weren't ready for that yet. He said he'll show it after 10 years may be. Some think it had something to do with drugs. But nobody knows for sure.

Yes, I also saw the TV debate and Mansky really said all this. But as far as I remember these 17 seconds should have been the last scene of the Anatomy? If I remember correctly? When you think of Anatomy then it really ends very sudddenly, just the Eurovison winners are going on the stage. And the other thing that Mansky had to edit, was Pasha's face. I saw the Anatomy with origianal English subtitles and there Pasha's face was not blurred. Unfortunately the mysterious 17 seconds were still missing.

I found the interview with Mansky from December.

12.12.2003 (00:00) The documentary Anatomy of t.A.T.u. will be shown cut by 17 seconds of the final scene
The first run of the Vitaly Mansky’s picture Anatomy of t.A.T.u. will be shown on STS channel on December, 12. According to Vitaly no one of the previous characters of his documentaries placed such a list of demands on censorship as the t.A.T.u.’s camp.

”I agreed on two firm requests – removed 17 seconds of the final scenes, though I think the scenes were very colourful and straight forward, and concealed the face of one person – a direct participant of the documentary.” – said Vitaly in the interview to radio station Eho Moskvy. – “Another requests were denied right away and the audience will have a chance to see the picture in it’s pure form – as it’s supposed to be seen. Sooner or later, maybe in 2-3 years or maybe in 5 years, the audience will see the final sequence too because any documentary is a history of our lives.”

la aurora
29-02-2004, 01:13
well, yep... those were the last 17 seconds of Anatomy and yep, Mansky was kinda forced to cut them off. But in debates he said may be it was for good. And I don't see the reason to blurry Pasha's face in Anatomy if just a month later in RS Pasha was shown in all his glory :rolleyes:

simon
29-02-2004, 01:22
It sounds like the final 17 seconds of Anatomy weren't shown in this episode. Wasn't it a Russian newspaper that said they would? Could they have been making it up? :eek:

Kate
29-02-2004, 01:27
simon, or Mansky told the Russian newspaper that they will so people will watch the show. :laugh: Promotion, promotion, promotion... lies, lies, lies... scandals, scandals, scandals... that's Tatu.

haku
29-02-2004, 01:29
We're probably paying way too much attention to those 17 seconds anyway, and if they exist, it may only be shocking for Russia... I mean, maybe Ivan said something political, about Putin for example, which would be risky in Russia but uninteresting for us.

And i agree with katbeidar, i don't think the newspaper made it up, Manski knew it would attract people.

Linda16
29-02-2004, 01:33
In fact, these 17 seconds is a very short time. This scene should have been only one or two sentences. And, yes, the source of the information was Komsomolskaya Pravda and it was not Mansky's direct quotation. So, maybe really another publicity stunt again.

Artem
29-02-2004, 02:17
Ivan said something political, about Putin for example, which would be risky in Russia
:lol: You realy think that? :lol:

LenochkaO
29-02-2004, 02:22
Thanks Kate, Sunny Poison and Artem (that's a really fast download!)

I do like this song - shame it doesn't seem like we're going to get a full Tatu album, though.

tatu_rocks
29-02-2004, 02:30
thanks Artem and Sunny poison for your reports, Hare for the song and Katbeidar for the translation :rose: <----- lots of these for all of you.
This really sounds like a tatu song :) do you have the russian lyrics (on english alphabet), please?

Lux
29-02-2004, 05:29
thank you Artem, Kate, Hare, and Sunny Poison :)

i like the song, i actually like the song. i really like the song, i can't believe i like the song. although the vocals need some work....yessssssss :dead:

yeah, russian translit anyone?
so...tatu will be replaced by look alikes OR not exist at all..once this album may or may not come out...
i'm just dying to know, you know? at the edge of my seat :none:

TaTuDrEaMeR
29-02-2004, 05:45
Thankz Sunny Poison for your report, Hare for the song and katbeidar

I posted this over tatu.us and i thought i post it here.

First of all I am glad that there is some new material that the girls will be able to give to their fans...but it wont be the same if its part of the album Ivan is going to release. For the reason that its not TATU completly there are other ppl being part of the album, and its not them all the way and its not an album to realse under their name since there other ppl singing in it.

AS for Yulia and Lena, well if they decided to go on and do their own stuff as a duo then i will always support them. The name tatu doesn't really matter to me at this moment because the name doesnt give them the talent that they have. It just a name, so if they take it or not is up to them. But if they don't, it really wouldn't matter because ppl know them for them. Of course those that dont would say "arent they those two girls that came out kissing from russia"...most wont even know their group name if they remeber them that way, only the fans or those whole reconize them as being tatu. But for me they're just Yulia and Lena, not tatu. And if they decided to take a break after this 'unpleasant soap opera', good for them bcuz they deserve it. They been in this business for a while now without a real break. And we as fans (if true fans) have to wait and give them that privlige to take a break and disappear for a while. I know for sure that once they take a break and come back fresh with a stronger passion to record a new album it will be as good as their 200km/h in the wrong lane album, maybe better, who knows?! those that have a passion for singing never stop singing or stop working in the industry of music because their love for music is always stronger than them themselves.

So ppl stop stressing so much bcuz there isnt going to be no more tatu. Because as far as we know Yulia and Lena are going to stick together as a duo, and if thats all that matter to u as a fan than theres no need to worry. But for those who are focus on them being 'tatu' well all i have to say is that nothing last forever, and change is needed in order to live in this world ;)
So lets sit back enjoy the show ;)

rANdoMtATuFaN
29-02-2004, 06:38
Two Points:

1. Thank you Sunny Poison, Hare, Katbeidar, and whoever else. :rose:

2. TaTuDrEaMeR - true that. I totally agree w/u.

~ Ok, one more point:

So, basically, we're still as confused as before, if not more so, when we were fed more info? How they manage to do this, I will never know. But, as TaTuDrEaMeR said, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the ride as we all should.

Celtic Jobber
29-02-2004, 07:45
Thanks for the reports, lyrics, and song -- Kate, sunny poison, and Hare. :rose:

The new song sounds too Britney-ish to me, but I'll admit it's kind of catchy. ;)

thegurgi
29-02-2004, 08:16
You know, at first, I really really didn't like it... Honestly, there were parts i hated... yet i listened to it on repeat hoping it would grow on me, but i didn't...

So i let it rest for a few hours, i let the projection of something i didn't like settle in my head and then i just went to listen to it and all those intial things i didn't like and stuff... somehow, are gone. I still don't think it's perfect, but i don't have a perfect copy of the song yet... so i can easily blame that on transfer [although, Artem did a great job on the rip though... it wasn't Hare... she will be bringing us the other songs ( i think) ]. But i'm sure this is just the Video Edit of the song... probably the full song is longer, Tatu has managed to create shorter edits of all the songs for the videos... so i wouldn't be suprised if that was the case for this one.

:: i also enjoy the little mutterence of "hochesh'" at the beginning of the mp3... it makes me laugh ::

So i feel better now.

Umm, can i get these lyrics in Cyrillic? I need to know what the line after "Eto Moya Igra" is... i can't figure it out, noo....

angeljas01
29-02-2004, 09:54
Thank you so very much to Artem and Sunny for the reports. Thank you so very much Kat and Hare for the mp3. I think the song is great, I quite like it but the music is a bit weak...thanks again to all those who brought these info.

convol
29-02-2004, 10:39
Thank you very much Artem, katbeidar, Hare and sunny poison. :rose:

It seems I'm one of the few who really didn't like this song. As a fan of both Tatu and Demyan/7B, it was disappointing for me to hear something this mainstream and conventional. Although I think the singing melody is ok, I really hope they will change the Britney, BSB, Max Martin arrangements. :hmmm: Having said that, I have been thrilled about the other demos though, and I love "Nichya".

Nice to read your outlandish theory there transcend! :)

freddie
29-02-2004, 10:54
Sunny Poison, Artem Kate, Hare... thank you guys for making this available to us! :rose:

I think that last report was rather encouraging. At least for a possiblility of tatu as a band to continue... as a group and as a brand name as well. I doubt Ivan would ever let them go and give up on the name... or if he would then Neformat certainly wouldn't. Cause Ivan is not Neformat. There are many people who invested money in the project. And they want their profit back. And it'd be counter-productive for them to give up on their most prized asset.
On another note - looks like the relationship between L&Y is closer them many of us would like to admit these days... they are AT LEAST much more then business partners I'd say.

About the song: I agree with Convol that Max Martin arangments have to go (That "toing"!!! effect in the background... that's SO "Hit Me Baby One More Time" :D ), if they don't want to slip into the supermarket pop slot pretty soon... that being said I belive the song has a great hook, and the potential to make it. It's still an obviously unpolished demo and current arangment may just be temporary.. just a base to carry the main tune and lyrics over it... many things can still change and I hope this song fullfills the potential that it has. I'd give it a "second single" role... the first single should be even MORE upbeat.

transcend
29-02-2004, 13:22
You're all dissing Britney (and I usually do myself) but Baby One More Time is a great pop song and her new single "Toxic" is...well...a masterpiece!!!And I mean it. Maybe Ivan should get in touch with Pharrell and Chad to work with Lena and Yulia...I'm sure they'd come up with a decent production job on the new song.

Oh, and I just wanted to say that that Franz Ferdinand song is pretty damn good too, AND the Kelis song...But you're all free to disagree.

haku
29-02-2004, 13:48
Well, now that the RS is over, i must say that i feel rather disappointed.

At the beginning we were promised that we would witness the recording of an album and all negativity set apart, i think it would have been actually interesting to see such a creative process, from the first rough drafts to the polished finished product.

None of that was showed even though a few songs *were* recorded.

The original idea of the RS was good, the result is lacking to say the least. :none:

nasnedagoniat
29-02-2004, 13:55
I wouldn't call Toxic a masterpiece[I actually have the CD], but I have trouble understanding why people like that song so much, it's so.....

But anyway, I love Sunny Poison and Hare! A hundred kisses. Thank you KatBeidar and Artem.

The song is pretty bubblegum pop-ish, I could see something like this being huge in America. This is what the West goes for. I like it. On the case of that final episode, I guess we have been confused and pushed further into the dark. I wouldn't jump to conclusions about t.A.T.u any time soon. Everyone focuses on "the end" but even the RS gave hints of "a beginning". [I think this has something to do w/Sigmund Freud's "Death Drive", but here it's been refocused on t.A.T.u. for some reason. :dknow:]

xena225
29-02-2004, 14:30
I haven't seen the Reality Show (except for a few clips), but I've read numerous reports, I've watched the media hype, I followed discussions on various Russian and English-speaking forums, I checked the Podnebesnaya website daily - and provided that I have no first-hand knowledge of the episodes (as most people here actually) and therefore can't really assess the overall picture presented - based on WHAT I know, here are some observations:

The reality show was a total ride. Such entertainment from week to week. All the guessing, all the theories, all the conclusions - basically for nothing (except for the entertainment factor, of course.). :lol: Nobody knows anything about the state of the album, the future of tAtu, Ivan's mind, the girls' "true" relationship and so on and so forth... :laugh: -- Everyone's been led down whichever road "team tATu" wanted. And people went willingly, even when suspecting they were being played. And still they keep coming back like bees to the honey, people who appreciate tAtu as much as people who despise everything tATu stands for. Go figure. :D

Brilliant.

Just brilliant.

Oh, that new song is marvellous by the way. Love it! :done:

xena225

QueenBee
29-02-2004, 14:50
Well, that's the whole point of it, to just have fun. :D
I know *I* had alot of fun..! :gigi:

freddie
29-02-2004, 15:03
I think Toxic is a tad too repetitive and her voice is noting then average as usual... Hit Me Baby One More time is much like this newsong by tatu.... nice melody, nice hook, but lacking in boring average industrial sound effects. :/

Haku I was pretty sure we wouldn't see any ACTUAL recording. Simply cause the recording process is in fact pretty boring - endless repetitions of the same parts, hours of mixing, adding effects... not something TV audiances would be pleased to see IMO.

la aurora
29-02-2004, 15:08
As a fan of both Tatu and Demyan/7B, it was disappointing for me to hear something this mainstream and conventional.
Well... to be frank, I didn't find thid song mainstream or popish... i found it just a bit boring and bad-made. There's something in it that could make it more or less decent song, but it's obvious that what we hear is not a finished album track. More likely it was made in harry with using the volcals recordered in Podnebesnaya (with doesn't have really good conditions for recording) and 'working' arrangement. That's why the vocals aren't really in tune. But the main thing for me - this song lacks emotion every track from 1st album had. From this point of view another song shown in the episode was 100 times better IMHO. It had almost no melody yet, but the beat and agression Yulia put in both screaming and rap versions, Lena's screaming and low voice attemts sounded much more convincing. And the content of the song was much more agressive. So, I'm still waiting impatiently for 'Ti soglasna' to be uploaded.

haku
29-02-2004, 15:13
Oh i never said i didn't have fun, i did... :gigi:

I was just saying that it would have been nice to actually see the recording process *besides* all the mess and the drama but oh well...

Now let's wait for that lookalikes album, sounds like fun too... :laugh:

Well... to be frank, I didn't find thid song mainstream or popish...
Well, if it was recorded properly (which it isn't), it could actually do quite well in western charts, i think. The song sounds like a regular British pop song, it could be sung by Girls Aloud or something.
Of course for that to happen they would have to release an English version, which i don't think they intend to do.

la aurora
29-02-2004, 15:48

Well, if it was recorded properly (which it isn't), it could actually do quite well in western charts, i think. The song sounds like a regular British pop song, it could be sung by Girls Aloud or something.
Of course for that to happen they would have to release an English version, which i don't think they intend to do.

well... the day it would be hard to differ TATU from Girls Aloud and Co, will be the day I'll lose any interest in this band.

itsme22
29-02-2004, 15:49
I hope that the album really isn't released on the 14th, which it looks like it wouldn't be anyway. I'd rather the girls go to Universal to ask for help and release the album a month or two later. I'd rather wait for a really good album than have an album now with 4 good songs. In my opinion that's all they have: Prostye Dvizheniya, Ne Ver Ne Boisya, Nichya, and Zaschischatsya Ochkami. There may be songs that we still haven't heard, but from the songs we know of, that's all they have. Belochka and I Vse Normalno are okay, but the girls have a distinct sound and those songs just don't have it.

About the song: I still think they need to change the music and perhaps add another verse to extend the song a little. In my opinion, the song would need to be a little more rockish to keep people interested in them after 200 KM/H...

haku
29-02-2004, 16:17
well... the day it would be hard to differ TATU from Girls Aloud and Co, will be the day I'll lose any interest in this band.
If you take Zaschischatsya Ochkami and remove Y&L's voices, you have a typical average brit pop song, but i can understand that in their current situation they are looking for a more charty sound.
It's just that after the success of their first album, i was expecting them to go for a more challenging sound.

itsme22
the song would need to be a little more rockish to keep people interested
Agreed.

nasnedagoniat
29-02-2004, 16:26
Didn't Ivan Damien write this song? I think this is all just Ivan Shapovalov's version of the American "featuring..." Like: Eminem feat. 50 Cent. Ivan S. is having a thrill exposing his new artists through TaTu. I wouldn't be surprised if the Celestial album comes out along w/a TaTu album w/songs we haven't even heard about. TaTu will laugh and say the joke is on Russia, and soon after a Katya album and an Ivan Damien album will be in stores alongside the TaTu album. TaTu camp will be richer and happier and everyone else will be confused but satisfied with their new TaTu album.

la aurora
29-02-2004, 16:46
Originally posted by freddie
I doubt Ivan would ever let them go and give up on the name... or if he would then Neformat certainly wouldn't. Cause Ivan is not Neformat. There are many people who invested money in the project. And they want their profit back. And it'd be counter-productive for them to give up on their most prized asset.

Ivan sounds like he doesn't give a damn on what goes on and now I can actually see him let TATU go. It can happen that he won't be able to control the situation at all.
the name 'TATU' is the property of Neformat, right? And both Yulia nd Lena are ok with continuing working with this company. The only person they don't want is Ivan. But according to what I've seen in the RS, Neformat doesn't want Ivan either. So the project can go on as it is just without Ivan.

If you take Zaschischatsya Ochkami and remove Y&L's voices, you have a typical average brit pop song, but i can understand that in their current situation they are looking for a more charty sound.
It's just that after the success of their first album, i was expecting them to go for a more challenging sound.

The song we heard wasn't produced by TATU as it was. I don't know who was working on the song and the video this time. The vocals seem to be taken from the recording girls did with Ivan in Podnebesnaya studio. The rest was done by I don't know who. But I repeat, more likely in was done in great hurry just to show anything at all. It wasn't the best of the songs they tried to record but the most ready one may be. It's not the final product. If u remember final versions of most songs we heard were very different from the first versions. So I don't think we can talk about TATU changing the sound and making it more 'charty'. It was just an attempt to make Ivan think one more time about what he's doing now and see if the project can go on. I doubt anyone was thinking about charts at all. These are their internal 'sortings out' IMHO.

But if they officially release the album that sounds as this song does now, yeah, I'll be more than frustrated even if they top some charts. For me they won't be TATU anymore. At least musically.

forre
29-02-2004, 17:05
I know not many of you had a chance to see the show but still, there's something that drew my attention. 3 persons mentioned t.A.T.u. starting to work on something else in spring.
1. Lena said it to Aftonbladet.
2. Yulia's father mentioned it in the show while talking to Yulia in the bathroom while Yulia was fixing her hair.
3. Bobza said it to Ivan.

The conclusion of the quotes is:
New Project - Spring - America.

So in this case the termination of the contract isn't such a big surprise.

Unplugged
29-02-2004, 17:20
Originally posted by forre
I know not many of you had a chance to see the show but still, there's something that drew my attention. 3 persons mentioned t.A.T.u. starting to work on something else in spring.
2. Yulia's father mentioned it in the show while talking to Yulia in the bathroom while Yulia was fixing her hair.
3. Bobza said it to Ivan.

So in this case the termination of the contract isn't such a big surprise.

forre :eek: can you elaborate on that a bit more? thanks ;)

transcend
29-02-2004, 17:38

Hmmmm...interesting...the plot thickens (it's so thick now, it's like molasses...;) ).

haku
29-02-2004, 17:40
America, really? Shit. :none: I don't like the idea of Tatu being based over there.

transcend
29-02-2004, 18:05
America, really? Shit. :none: I don't like the idea of Tatu being based over there.

No - they'd be much better off in London.;)

Unplugged
29-02-2004, 18:10
No - they'd be much better off in London.

Yeah, with The Sun bashing them daily :rolleyes: :laugh:

Mossopp
29-02-2004, 18:12
I think they should base themselves in Scotland. If they need accommodation the girls are more than welcome to crash in my living room. ;)

haku
29-02-2004, 18:13
Originally posted by transcend
No - they'd be much better off in London.
He he, well, that would be much better than America. :D I want Tatu to keep a typical European sound! What's produced in the US right now is *beeeeeeep*!! :hmmm:

simon
29-02-2004, 18:23
I though Lena told Aftonbladet it was going to be Sweden?

I assume she wants to be close to forre.

Unplugged
29-02-2004, 18:24
What's produced in the US right now is *beeeeeeep*!!

YES! It's such crap! But, if they did try to start something in America, it would probably be rock.

I think they should base themselves in Scotland. If they need accommodation the girls are more than welcome to crash in my living room.

:laugh: I'm imagining Yulia with Pasha wearing a kilt :lol:

forre
29-02-2004, 18:29
simon, Lena didn't specify the country. I said it once and repeating it again "Aftonbladet never writes 'an exclusive interview' if they didn't have such". You may continue call it a tabloid bubble-gum though.

On the other hand, we'll see in a couple of months what exactly the girls are up to. It's possible that they got a more attractive contract-offer already now. Otherwise it would be not very wise from their side to terminate the existing contract.

transcend
29-02-2004, 18:30
Originally posted by staringelf
Yeah, with The Sun bashing them daily :rolleyes: :laugh:

Yeah, but it'd keep them on their toes! I think they need something to kick against so it'd suit them to be in a hostile environment.

Maybe they should go to Berlin and reinvent themselves...;) ...I'm liking this idea actually:cool: .

Unplugged
29-02-2004, 18:35
Yeah, but it'd keep them on their toes! I think they need something to kick against so it'd suit them to be in a hostile environment.

Yeah, actually I agree with that. The girls need to be in an environment where they have to struggle more - I think they have 'unfinished business' in the UK and in America.

kishkash
29-02-2004, 18:46
CA NA DA :gigi:

Toronto is a kewl city!! hell it gave birth to the musical talents of Fefe Dobson :rolleyes:

thegurgi
29-02-2004, 18:56
NO! Let them come to America!!!!!! I will go and find them and stop them from doing bad musical decisions......... of course i might lead them into sing stuff more along the lines of Scandinavian Rock Music [Like Kent, Sigur Ros and the Poor Rich Ones...] mwhahahahahaha.

That may explain the release date of Screaming For More in the states for March 23rd......

Unplugged
29-02-2004, 19:05
Kent, Sigur Ros and the Poor Rich Ones

:yes: :love:

simon
29-02-2004, 19:24
simon, Lena didn't specify the country. I said it once and repeating it again "Aftonbladet never writes 'an exclusive interview' if they didn't have such". You may continue call it a tabloid bubble-gum though.

I'd thought she said something about Sweden, but you're right she didn't. I never said that the article was tabloid bubble gum.

itsme22
29-02-2004, 19:24
Originally posted by thegurgi
That may explain the release date of Screaming For More in the states for March 23rd......
It's been pushed back a week to March 30

TaTuDrEaMeR
29-02-2004, 19:58
Oy why u all bashing on america and its music. Yeah i know we have music mainly in rock, RnB and pop, but somehow our bands seem to spread through out Europe and become famous. C'mon ppl most of the famous artist get started in America and get loved throughout the whole world.
If the come to America I think it will help them develope their talent into something more greater than wat they have now. I think they wil grow more as a professional artist and wont be doubted about their talent by ppl.
^^^anyway thats my opinion

Lena410
29-02-2004, 20:01
Thanks sunny poison, kate, and artem! :rose:
this is a very interesting situation. We don't know anymore than what we knew before but at least I'm happily confused, cause the last episode seemed to have been fairly positive from my point of view.

Austria is very famous for music :gigi: :p

the song absolutely rocks!!! :D I love it *grins*

Kate
29-02-2004, 20:04
forre,On the other hand, we'll see in a couple of months what exactly the girls are up to.
Havn't you learned by now that we will never know what exactly the girls are up to? :laugh: They are always up to something, but we will never be sure what exactly that is.

Personally, I kinda find myself wishing that Julia and Lena will get a fresh start in another band.

haku
29-02-2004, 20:13
Originally posted by TaTuDrEaMeR
Oy why u all bashing on america and its music. Yeah i know we have music mainly in rock, RnB, pop
Tatu's sound is based on techno and has to remain that way. I sure hope they'll never sound like an American band.

but somehow our bands seem to spread through out Europe and become famous. C'mon ppl most of the famous artist get started in America and get loved throughout the whole world.
If the come to America I think it will help them develope their talent into something more greater than wat they have now. I think they wil grow more as a professional artist and wont be doubted about their talent by ppl.
It's a sad world where people *have* to go to the US to be taken seriously. :none:

Anyway, Tatu is not about making serial hits but about making great music with a *message*.

I don't see that happening in the US since the only message i'm getting from American videos is "Ooh look at me! I'm so cool! Huh huh *grabs crotch*" :rolleyes:

Unplugged
29-02-2004, 20:18
but somehow our bands seem to spread through out Europe and become famous.

Yes, your music industry has more money to pay MTV to broadcast their videos constantly. :rolleyes:

American videos is "Ooh look at me! I'm so cool! Huh huh *grabs crotch*"

:lol: :done:

I rest my case.

simon
29-02-2004, 20:27
I see that the war with tatu.us that started over there earlier today has now moved over here. Now we're getting to the root of the tatysite/tatu.us rivalry: "America sucks" / "We don't suck, we're more popular" / "That's why you suck"

TaTuDrEaMeR
29-02-2004, 20:32
lol yeah seems like it thats the only massage we get
But Im not getting started on that because as we all said constanly its about wats being said and not wat is being show.
And well the only music that seems to spread that kind of massage is rap and RnB but not rock or alternitive music, they have more of an meaning in theri lyrics than rap and RnB...
Moving on i just want the girls to make music and wat ever makes them happy is kewl with me cuz i like the quality of their voices

Edit: No the war isnt spreading from tatu.us to tatysite.net if that seems to u. Just a discussion going on. And as wat is happening in tatu.us well it got started from someone over tatysite.net, so lets not get it started here cuz its pointless since we see things from a whole different point of view

nasnedagoniat
29-02-2004, 20:41
I don't see what all of that has to do w/the last episode of Celestial. I also dont believe that any one kind of music has any more meaning than another kind, I think that's a kind of [EDIT]strange belief.

RowerB
29-02-2004, 20:44
the name 'TATU' is the property of Neformat, right? And both Yulia nd Lena are ok with continuing working with this company. The only person they don't want is Ivan. But according to what I've seen in the RS, Neformat doesn't want Ivan either. So the project can go on as it is just without Ivan.
I hope this is the case, though I wouldn’t mind seeing some kind of input from Ivan.
The Aftonbladet article does not hold water in my opinion.
It's a sad world where people *have* to go to the US to be taken seriously. :none:

Anyway, Tatu is not about making serial hits but about making great music with a *message*.

I don't see that happening in the US since the only message i'm getting from American videos is "Ooh look at me! I'm so cool! Huh huh *grabs crotch*" :rolleyes:
I agree. They should stay in Russia.
Originally posted by simon
I see that the war with tatu.us that started over there earlier today has now moved over here. Now we're getting to the root of the tatysite/tatu.us rivalry: "America sucks" / "We don't suck, we're more popular" / "That's why you suck"
What a load of bull.

forre
29-02-2004, 20:44
forre,
Havn't you learned by now that we will never know what exactly the girls are up to? :laugh: They are always up to something, but we will never be sure what exactly that is.

It depends on how you look at the things. Some people can't see the obvious through the tendencies. That's all. They may go on with the album or never do it or launch a new career and record the album. There're multiply options.

cirrus
29-02-2004, 22:21
I think they should start over in a new project, or just dump Ivan and start over on this album. Like a picture that you just can't get right.......start over on a new sheet of paper.

ihavetatusleeve
29-02-2004, 22:24
You're all dissing Britney (and I usually do myself) but Baby One More Time is a great pop song and her new single "Toxic" is...well...a masterpiece!!!And I mean it. Maybe Ivan should get in touch with Pharrell and Chad to work with Lena and Yulia...I'm sure they'd come up with a decent production job on the new song.

Oh, and I just wanted to say that that Franz Ferdinand song is pretty damn good too, AND the Kelis song...But you're all free to disagree.

I think Britney's early material is much better. Toxic is nothing without the video; it's definitely not a masterpiece. "Milkshake" by Kelis is a mantra here in the gay clubs - now that could be considered a masterpiece! Very exotic and just gets in your head and never goes away. As far as masterpieces I think Kylie's "Slow" could be in the running, as well. Catchy, hypnotic ... just beautiful! The video is crap, tho. Very homoerotic - which I don't mind because the men in the video are gorgeous and St. Tropez is so sunny - but as far as a video it's boring. She should release a live version with the futuristic dancers and the neon tubes.

Does everyone have the remix of NGGU by Larry Tee? If you don't, get it; it's gorgeous. I remember a long time ago he played it for me and the dancefloor filled up. Maybe Tatu should hook up with some electro producers directly. The best remixes of their old material were by them in the first place. If the new Tatu puts out some kick ass music and openly embrace the gay scene they just might be able to shed their negative, scandal-ridden image and get popular again. Everyone will love the music and write off their shady past as not being their fault, "They were so young, they were under the influence of an evil child psychologist!" Kylie is far from a lesbian but her respect and adoration by the gay masses is immeasurable, and her music will never go away.

cirrus
29-02-2004, 23:03
going for the gay audience, eh? Well they tried....but I dunno if they would want Tatu back. :none:

Maybe, MAYBE, the virtual whatever look back at Tatu will present the 'Show Me Love' video. :znaika: If this is the end, then atleast give the video to us fans.....what's the point of keeping it locked away in some dusty vault? I PRAY that it surfaces eventually..

:spy: if it's finished, that is..

Unplugged
29-02-2004, 23:13
if it's finished, that is..

I doubt it: :( And I'm not even slavic, so it's not me being negative :p

dollparts3000
01-03-2004, 00:02
Yeah, I go with Toronto too!!! Just kidding, they probably wouldn't do well over here b/c all much music plays is rap & R&B They would probably do really well in NYC, San Francisco, or LA!!! Actually, they would prob. do much better anywhere on the west coast as opposed to the east coast.

Mossopp
01-03-2004, 00:47
Did the "gay audience" ever embrace tATu in the first place? All my gay friends hate them with a passion, and always have.
I don't mean to be a massive downer but I am all about realisim and, being realistic, I don't think there's anyone or anything on this planet that could fix the damage that has already been done to tATu's career.
I spent this evening watching all the old TV appearances from last year that I taped and, even back then in the beginning, noone in the West took tATu seriously. As much as I would love to have the girls back in the public eye to the extent that they were circa March/April/May 2003, I know it's never gonna happen.
I just want to know what's going on. If the girls are finished I want to know. I can't keep going on to my mates/ parents/collegues/aquaintances "no, tATu are still together, they're still going strong, they'll be back, mark my words", when I don't even truly believe it myself.
Why is it so hard for them just to be honest? I'm gonna have to leave tatysite soon and I'll still be none the wiser. I'll never know what really happened to tATu. After over 14 months of loyal fandom, I deserve better than that. :(

bpro50
01-03-2004, 01:22
IMO the stage for an honest portrayal of their relationship is coming. It might not be as exciting as trying to guess from week to week where they stand on orientation issues, but I believe the foundation is being set. I honestly think that Yul and Lena felt that the only way that their true character would ever be revealed to their fans was to rid themselves of the influence of Ivan ( who seems to get a kick out of double-speak, deceiving the audience and taking advantage of the trust of young fans). Whether the new revelation of Yul and Lena will be interesting enough to sustain them in a public that enjoys controversy, I don't know. M biggest concern is the transition: it takes time to obtain a new producer, manager, PR agent, song writing, muscial performers, creating new material, recording, setting up promotional tours, marketing, public branding, etc. and on and on. If they are not doing a lot of this behind the scene, then I believ they might have let the emotion get the better of them by breaking with Ivan too early or unprepared. It may take 6-9 months of intense work to get the new "Tatu" rolling and I hate to wait that long as I am sure that all other fans or impatient also.

LenochkaO
01-03-2004, 01:47

Not going to disagree with you on Franz Ferdinand - they're bloody brilliant!

dare2dream28
01-03-2004, 02:42
Finally some lyrics that make sense!! :D I actually really like this song! Thank you to *everyone* who has contributed to this thread through reviews, mp3's, entertaining comments, and analysis. :D I think that's all I'll say for now, but forre, if what you say comes true, it'd definitely be interesting to see how that works out.

ihavetatusleeve
01-03-2004, 04:53
Originally posted by Mossopp
Did the "gay audience" ever embrace tATu in the first place? All my gay friends hate them with a passion, and always have.
I don't mean to be a massive downer but I am all about realisim and, being realistic, I don't think there's anyone or anything on this planet that could fix the damage that has already been done to tATu's career.
I spent this evening watching all the old TV appearances from last year that I taped and, even back then in the beginning, noone in the West took tATu seriously. As much as I would love to have the girls back in the public eye to the extent that they were circa March/April/May 2003, I know it's never gonna happen.
I just want to know what's going on. If the girls are finished I want to know. I can't keep going on to my mates/ parents/collegues/aquaintances "no, tATu are still together, they're still going strong, they'll be back, mark my words", when I don't even truly believe it myself.
Why is it so hard for them just to be honest? I'm gonna have to leave tatysite soon and I'll still be none the wiser. I'll never know what really happened to tATu. After over 14 months of loyal fandom, I deserve better than that. :(

You're right about the gay community not accepting them in the first place; I guess I'm just being optimistic. Tatu's music is fabulous and I wish the girls would have been known more for their music rather than the scandal.

I hate being jerked around as a fan as well. We all deserve better than what we've gotten for our dedication!

Lux
01-03-2004, 07:18
there are some very well produced songs in the US. not everything is shit. but i don't think basing tatu here is even possible, they have no concentrated fan base here, and no one takes them seriously, why would any producer want to work with them?

i also don't think tatu is over. everything is still up in the air, at least to me.

haku - i don't think it's so black and white as, "come to the US to make music and you WILL be taken seriously." american culture including music has reached the farthest corner of the world, hell, california alone takes the bait. it's just more likely for a group/artist to have more effect if they base their efforts in the US.

xena225
01-03-2004, 08:54
Originally posted by cirrus
going for the gay audience, eh? Well they tried....but I dunno if they would want Tatu back. :none:

YES YES YES, we would! Any time, any time! Woohoo! :done:

xena225

Kate
01-03-2004, 08:57
I dunno why, but I find myself wishing that Tatu will release the new album. It's their new song ZO that makes you hope the album will be a success. :done:

Unplugged
01-03-2004, 15:33
YES YES YES, we would! Any time, any time! Woohoo!

Since when do YOU speak for the ENTIRE gay community? :confused: :rolleyes: Spare us.

Igor
01-03-2004, 16:42
Tatu - Ty Soglasna (http://www.design-ee.com/anti/leech?cat=mp3&file=Tatu_-_Ty_Soglasna.mp3)

Thanks SHEAD.

QueenBee
01-03-2004, 16:44
Igor, THANKS! :heart:

Unplugged
01-03-2004, 16:56
Thanks, Igor :D :done:

Weird song... :spy:

Lena410
01-03-2004, 17:09
I can't download it. :grustno:

*cries* how did you guys do it? it always only redirects me to the forum *sighs*

QueenBee
01-03-2004, 17:11
Lena410, don't right click... :)

Lena410
01-03-2004, 17:36
QueenBee, thanks :rose: :D
Igor, thanks a lot!

as much as I love their voices..the screams weren't the best thing for my headache.
Lena's voice :dead:

well if they would edit it, polish it..and stuff..I think that the song has potential. :nod:
wtf was the end? who was singing with yul? *lol*

Nike75
01-03-2004, 17:42
Thanks Igor and Shead! :rose:

I really like it :).

haku
01-03-2004, 17:52
Thanks Igor and Shead. :rose: :rose:

WOW! I like a lot! :D My favorite by far!

Finally something that doesn't sound like bubblegum pop and has a good potential to become an aggressive techno rock song! :yes:
This is the Tatu i like! :cool:

convol
01-03-2004, 18:08
Thank you very much Igor and Shead! :rose:

From this point of view another song shown in the episode was 100 times better IMHO. It had almost no melody yet, but the beat and agression Yulia put in both screaming and rap versions, Lena's screaming and low voice attemts sounded much more convincing. And the content of the song was much more agressive.

Thanks for elaborating on this song. I can see what you mean now and it sounds absolutely awesome!

I also really hope they are going through with releasing the album. After having seen pictures (and the video material from the official site) of Podnebesnaya it struck me as well that it can't possibly be very acoustically suited for recording vocals. I imagine that most of the vocals they have recorded for the album, would have to have been done elsewhere. Lena sounds great when she screams by the way; I hope we will hear her scream more in the future. :)

dollparts3000
01-03-2004, 18:18
I can't download it...I get the anti-leach thing that pops up and then it says, "file not found"

Igor
01-03-2004, 18:23
dollparts3000, try again. :)

dollparts3000
01-03-2004, 18:29
It's ok, I got it from onewing's ftp Thanks!

Igor
01-03-2004, 18:33
It's ok, I got it from onewing's ftp Thanks!

:D Oh. Thanks nike75 (http://www.tatugirls.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4184).

Nike75
01-03-2004, 19:05
Originally posted by Igor
Sorry Igor, but I didn't upload it there. I just found it also there after I saw that the link which you posted here doesn't function on another place (on tatugirls.de). So I searched the several ftp's and I found it there.
So, sorry to disappoint you! ;)

Nike

simon
01-03-2004, 19:06
When I try to download the song here I get 'error:file not found'.

forre
01-03-2004, 19:08
Igor, The link you gave with the song doesn't work (ne rabotaet).

la aurora
01-03-2004, 19:13
Originally posted by Lena410
wtf was the end? who was singing with yul? *lol*

Ivan The Terrible... who else could it be? :rolleyes: lol The song was sang by 3 of them.

Yeah... on mp3 it sounds a bit noisy and the bit isn't heard that well... ah whatver! It was the first and the only of new TATU songs that really got me even with being the mess it was. :rolleyes:

it's the scariest of fears
this silience is awful
you agree [to do it?] till the morning
u agree, u are not looking for someone to save you
you decided not be saved
you agree to do ANYTHING
you agree... you agree... [and you agree hell knows how many times more :gigi: ]

looove this song :D

haku
01-03-2004, 19:19
looove this song :D
Yep, me too! :D (that's the only one so far)

Technically speaking though, those recordings from podnebesnaya are really bad! Y&L need to take the material they like (if that's allowed under the break of contract), get their asses in a *professional* recording studio, and start the work all over again. :spy:

la aurora
01-03-2004, 19:38
Yep, me too! :D (that's the only one so far)

Technically speaking though, those recordings from podnebesnaya are really bad! Y&L need to take the material they like (if that's allowed under the break of contract), get their asses in a *professional* recording studio, and start the work all over again. :spy:

Haku, I'm sure that Podnebesnaya was never meant to be the real recording studio. The conditions there are awful... so more likely it was used just for the show and everyone around TATU is quite aware that all they could record there were demos. Sure if TATU's album will ever be released, it would be recordered in some professional studio.
Besides, don't forget that what we hear aren't even demos they recordered there in studio. What we hear is the sound taken from the tape of the show. There's no way it could sound any good :)

teeny
01-03-2004, 19:48
Originally posted by Igor
Igor: I clicked the link you posted and got the anti leech note too. Right click didn't work either. Perhaps this is a mozilla problem or something, but the solution used here will only make unofficial sharing even more popular. This way ftp hosting or hoting at private sites will be even more popular, and then credit chances will be even smaller.
My adwise: post a guide how to save the files by now. Good thing you linked the german forum though. Then I can save the file as a normal tatysite member too.

That being said: thank you for the demo songs :rose: I like them a lot and it's great to get to hear them. Your troubles with hosting and ripping files are appreciated. Just wish that more people were allowed to hear them.

edit: oh forgot :o
Thank you, shead:rose:

forre
01-03-2004, 20:03
haku, Igor and the rest of the providers. Thanks for the song! It's not the best song and not any hit. I'm very neutral to it. A sort of boring for me.

teeny
01-03-2004, 20:08
It's not the best song and not any hit. I'm very neutral to it. A sort of boring for me.
a non single for the "upcoming" album maybe?
Liked "Zaschischatsia Ochkami" better. Perhaps due to the sound quality being better. I dunno..

thegurgi
01-03-2004, 20:55
I think the part with Ivan is him demonstrating those parts, like the harmony for Julia and Lena.... as he said before "i am not tatu"....

But i Love it, i'm excited for the full version, i'm sure these songs are being released even if not on a Tatu album....

oh and thanks to Snead, WE are all very gratefull for your work.

nasnedagoniat
01-03-2004, 22:30
Wow, dies at around 2:05. :dead: This song is so awesome and powerful. Thank you SHEAD, Igor, and Onewinged. Hugs, Kisses and Roses. :rose:

thegurgi
01-03-2004, 22:44
nasnedagoniat i love what happens at exactly 2:05 too,

" ty soglasnaa "

Mossopp
01-03-2004, 23:01
ARGH!!!! Stop talking about how great the song is - for some reason I can't listen to it and you guys are killing me!
*sobs at the thought she may be missing something as good as 'Zaschischatsia Ochkami'* :( :(

thegurgi
01-03-2004, 23:10
*sobs at the thought she may be missing something as good as 'Zaschischatsia Ochkami'*

better, Mossopp, better...

Why can't you listen to it?

Mossopp
01-03-2004, 23:15
Why can't you listen to it?

If I right-click on it I get an error message and if I left-click on it it simply won't play.
I dunno what to do.... :(

RowerB
01-03-2004, 23:16
Thanks Igor, SHEAD and Onewinged.
This song could be real good.
I had the same problem Mossop so I went to Onewinged’s ftp.

crni
01-03-2004, 23:22
Mossopp, have you tried mir's link? ftp://213.10.160.46 i got the song there... ;)

cirrus
01-03-2004, 23:26
good song. it definitely has some promise :done:

sorry mossop! ;)

Tom Violence
01-03-2004, 23:29
'Ty Soglasna' is certainly promising. It sounds rather like Atari Teenage Riot. And I have no problems at all with t.A.T.u. going in that sort of direction.

Mossopp
01-03-2004, 23:31
I can't find it in Mir's FTP. What's the address of Onewinged's FTP? - maybe I'll have better luck there.

rANdoMtATuFaN
01-03-2004, 23:31
Well, the first few seconds, I was like wtf? Then, it got better. Lena yelling? Interesting. Still don't know what to make of it. Parts of it were painful to hear but I'm sure it'll get better. I liked 'Zaschischatsia Ochkami' better, tho.

BTW, thanx Igor and everyone else.

angeljas01
01-03-2004, 23:32
Thank you Igor and SHEAD so much for the demo!

Mossopp
01-03-2004, 23:45
Can somone please give me Onewinged FTP address so I can hear this damn song!?
*gets on knees and begs*

crni
01-03-2004, 23:46
Mossopp, you can get it now on Mir's ftp, under uploads... sorry, i was wrong the first time... ;)

Mossopp
02-03-2004, 00:08
Thanks.

Yikes! This sounds pretty rough - even for a demo! I do like the techno-ish backing track though. With a bit of spit and polish this could well end up being a pretty strong track.
It's not a patch on 'Zaschischatsia Ochkami' though - that's my new favourite song! :D

Nike75
02-03-2004, 00:08
I really love this demo. It has a lot of energy and a great potential to becomming a full success. :)

Igor, thanks for unbanning me :) .

Nike

LenochkaO
02-03-2004, 00:26
That was a bit of an assault on the ears - hope it gets some serious polishing done to it. Thanks to everyone who cooperated in posting it.

Rob
02-03-2004, 00:31
Thanks to everyone for this new demo! :done:

As Lenochka0 said it needs serious polishing.
But it has potential.

Originally posted by Nike75
Igor, thanks for unbanning me :) .
Fine.

LenochkaO
02-03-2004, 02:43
Originally posted by Rob
Thanks to everyone for this new demo! :done:

As Lenochka0 said it needs serious polishing.
But it has potential.

Good to see you back, Rob.

dollparts3000
02-03-2004, 02:45
What does 'Ty Soglansna' mean?

haku
02-03-2004, 02:55
Originally posted by dollparts3000
What does 'Ty Soglasna' mean?
"You (singular) agree" [they are talking to a woman]

dollparts3000
02-03-2004, 03:22
cool :) Thanks!! I tried using http://www.translate.ru/eng but it didn't work

Unplugged
02-03-2004, 03:42
You (singular) agree" [they are talking to a woman]

Wow! It's a feminine "you"?

haku
02-03-2004, 04:01
Wow! It's a feminine "you"?
No, it's "soglasna" that is feminine. Masculine would be "Ty soglasen". :)

thegurgi
02-03-2004, 04:12
why isn't it like... ty soglasnesh' or soglasnish'.... what form of Conjugation is this [we're only on the 2nd kind in class]???

It confuses me

haku
02-03-2004, 04:21
why isn't it like... ty soglasnesh' or soglasnish'.... what form of Conjugation is this
It's not a verb, it's an adjective. It's like saying "You [are] in agreement", the verb is omitted. :)

Lux
02-03-2004, 05:07
i agree with forre, i am also neutral to this song. it's funny to hear ivan flex his vocal muscle :none:
and aww lena yells "cut" ...

LenochkaO
02-03-2004, 05:41
It's not a verb, it's an adjective. It's like saying "You [are] in agreement", the verb is omitted. :)

Thanks for the "one-point grammar" lesson, Haku :) Like the new addition to your sig, BTW :cool:

Lena410
02-03-2004, 06:54
Rob, Nike75, good to see you. :D

Thanks for the translation of the title haku. We have a different word for it so I wouldn't have come up with it myself. The grammar is the same in this one though.

xena225
02-03-2004, 07:13
Thank you, Igor and Shead! :rose:

Wow, awesome song... I just love their voices, there's no way around it. :)

xena225

RowerB
02-03-2004, 07:39
It's not a patch on 'Zaschischatsia Ochkami' though - that's my new favourite song! :D

Where did you find that song Mossopp?

Lux
02-03-2004, 07:47
RowerB, http://tatulife.kulichki.net/index.php?newlang=eng

exclusive=> to be protected by glasses
=> right click, save target as

:)

irish22
02-03-2004, 08:22
thanks igor i like the song more upbeat like i like my music lol

RowerB
02-03-2004, 10:56
Originally posted by Lux
RowerB, http://tatulife.kulichki.net/index.php?newlang=eng

exclusive=> to be protected by glasses
=> right click, save target as

:)

Thanks very much Lux.
I had already heard it so I must have downloaded it before and then deleted it by mistake.
I like the song but Ty Soglansna, with it’s full power Yulia, has potential to be something really special.

thegurgi
02-03-2004, 14:27
It's not a verb, it's an adjective. It's like saying "You [are] in agreement", the verb is omitted.

Oooo, wow Haku, when did you become a Russian expert? I'm seriously Impressed! :: thanks for sharing that too, we are starting adjectives soon in class ::

tatyruv
02-03-2004, 22:40
Thanks for the report sunny poison

Unplugged
03-03-2004, 01:27
Oooo, wow Haku, when did you become a Russian expert? I'm seriously Impressed! :: thanks for sharing that too, we are starting adjectives soon in class ::

Yeah, haku, you're full of surprises! :p I didn't know you knew russian!... :heh:

*impressed* :yes:

transcend
03-03-2004, 07:20
Shit! I've tried all the links posted and none of them are working for me. Any ideas how I can hear the song?

haku
04-03-2004, 01:22
Oooo, wow Haku, when did you become a Russian expert? I'm seriously Impressed!
Yeah, haku, you're full of surprises! I didn't know you knew russian!... *impressed*
Thanks a lot guys. :D

Well, i briefly studied a bit of Russian almost 20 years ago, just enough for me to learn the alphabet and some basic grammar. [at the time we thought that the Red Army could be on our doors any day so it sounded like a good idea] But i have almost no vocabulary, i have to use a dictionary for that. :p

Now, on the topic of the last Episode...

The Ponebesnaya site has posted a summary of Episode 13, nothing more than what sunny poison said but at the end of the page it says:

On 14 March, instead of the new album, you will see Tatu's greatest hits.

So it's a confirmation that there will be no new album on the 14.

It also says that there may be some updates on STS in the meantime.

ElectraCute
04-03-2004, 01:40
Thanks for the update haku
Can't say I'm surprised they aren't ready to release an album just yet

Lux
04-03-2004, 01:51
that sucks. oh well, the show goes on. although, greatest hits? what greatest hits :none:

haku
04-03-2004, 02:02
Originally posted by Lux
what greatest hits
Well, it's a Russian show so they are talking about the Russian market and Tatu had several hits over there.
Also, Manski said that it will be a retrospective of Tatu's career (he called that the "virtual world tour"), so i'm guessing they'll show some of the greatest moments of Tatu during those past 4 years.
A way to close that chapter of their story.

MassMedia
04-03-2004, 03:00
greatest hits........... seriously......

teeny
04-03-2004, 12:11
greatest hits? :lol:
Out of words. I didn't see that one coming at all..

Twiggy
04-03-2004, 14:07
Greatest hits, that is funny. :done:

They have only these hits

Unplugged
04-03-2004, 19:02
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GREATEST HITS?

THIS IS HILARIOUS!

Lena410
04-03-2004, 19:43
I liked the term "virtual world tour" more than greatest hits :spy:
its hilarious though :lol:

cirrus
04-03-2004, 21:25
greatest hits....how many is that? like, 2? :gigi:

milking it for aaaaaaaaaaaalll it's worth ;)

Mossopp
04-03-2004, 22:12
Hang on. I think I hear something. Is it...? Yes, it is!
I can hear a barrel being scraped!

LenochkaO
05-03-2004, 00:28
Hang on. I think I hear something. Is it...? Yes, it is!
I can hear a barrel being scraped!

:lol: nice one, Mossopp! :D

thegurgi
05-03-2004, 01:47
:: meh :: who cares anymore right?

Lux
05-03-2004, 16:57
I still care, well sort of. i want there to be new music but apparently that's not going to happen anytime soon. seriously, how long can they string along fans? 3, 6, 8 months? who knows what the hell they're doing now? how knows if they're even a group anymore?

haku - my tone was heavily laden with sarcasm. greatest hits sounds a little pretentious

denial
12-03-2004, 19:16

Ivan, of course you are not TATU. Its Yulia isn't it? And its always been her.

From The FACE mag.- Apr 2004

Ivan said you were scared. J: We’re not interested in that. If I wanted to be president, I’d be president. When I was little I wanted to sing, so I went to music school, and now I’m a singer. If I wanted to be president, I’d go to some government things and get a proper education.

What did you think about Ivan when you met him? Do you notice him acting like a child psychiatrist? J You know it’s in the way he looks, when he looks at you, you understand, he sees through you. And every person has a psychiatrist in them, and it’s difficult to see right through me. I don’t care if anyone wants to dig in my head, that’s their problem.

L: Julia’s really a very hard person to understand. You have to know her for a while. I’ve known her eight years, and even I still don’t understand her sometimes

So Ivan's project only come to success after Yulia got into the team... a young girl with strenght and determination.. even the girls themselves chose the name TATU .. I wonder what she made Ivan see in her.. but thats not a problem...

Finally I solved my own puzzle created by my own mind .. my question to myself was .. what do I want from them? good music or TATU ... I want TATU.

and ... only just I realised I have Yulia in all my avatars and my wallpapers at home and office...and I always agree with her ...

mmmm...

*whispers* Ty soglasna spat s lyuboi..

Mossopp
12-03-2004, 19:45
Originally posted by denial

So Ivan's project only come to success after Yulia got into the team...

I fail to see how you can draw this conclusion from the quote you posted. Whay part of that article leads you to believe that tATu only really began with Julia's involvement?

a young girl with strenght and determination.. even the girls themselves chose the name TATU ..

I don't think J&L did choose the name "tATu". In 'Behind The Scenes With Julia and Lena Part 3', in response to the question "How did you get the name t.A.T.u.?", Lena said:

"There was very big discussion what to call our group and there were lots of varients - different varients - and then we're just told "tATu"!"

I would take this to mean that someone just told them what they were gonna be called and they didn't really have any say in the matter.

I wonder what she made Ivan see in her.. but thats not a problem...

Again, I fail to see how you interpret the article to mean that Julia made Ivan see something in her. Maybe Ivan just saw what the rest of us see when they look at Julia - a really beautiful girl!

*whispers* Ty soglasna spat s lyuboi..

What does that mean? I'm curious... :ithink:

denial
12-03-2004, 20:25
Dearest Mossopp,

First of all .. I didnt get my conclusion from just that quote from The FACE: I went through Anatomy transcription and videos and articles. It just the final stage .. because I always feel its Yulia who driven the TATU project.. for example Yulia throat problem... but it always up to Yulia...to sing or not to sing.. the ESC, concert in Turkey with appendix, and Tokyo Dome with high fever. Its her.

And even she the one who said Mi TATU! Mi TATU! and you know she meant it.

Well if I were to post all quotes here ..

Second:

"There was very big discussion what to call our group and there were lots of varients - different varients - and then we're just told "tATu"!"

Well I read somewhere before .. one of them said TATU ..but Ivan said something more interested in TATOO.. orginal name was just Project I think... but girls wants TATU. Or do you want to argue against that translation "we just told TATU!" or "we're just told TATU!" or which discussion is that what they mean? t.A.T.u. or тату?

Again, I fail to see how you interpret the article to mean that Julia made Ivan see something in her. Maybe Ivan just saw what the rest of us see when they look at Julia - a really beautiful girl!
then maybe I am different...

What does that mean? I'm curious...
that was Yulia's whisper in Ty Soglasna song during reconding.

"the line means: 'u are ready to sleep with ANYONE' (where both YOU and ANYONE are clearely female... russian is a gender-specific lang u know)"

LenochkaO
12-03-2004, 23:12

I thought that meant "we're Tatu"? :confused: :ithink:

freddie
12-03-2004, 23:27
that was Yulia's whisper in Ty Soglasna song during reconding.

"the line means: 'u are ready to sleep with ANYONE' (where both YOU and ANYONE are clearely female... russian is a gender-specific lang u know)"

I'm not sure about lyuboi but you (ti) is NOT genderdefinted... however soglasna (are ready or something like that) IS female gender definted.

haku
13-03-2004, 00:18
Originally posted by freddie
I'm not sure about lyuboi but you (ti) is NOT genderdefinted... however soglasna (are ready or something like that) IS female gender definted.
You are right freddie. :)

The sentence is "Ты согласна спать с любой", "You agree to sleep with anyone."

"Ты" is not gender defined but "согласна" is feminine and in agreement with "Ты", so the person defined by "Ты" is female.
"любой" is also feminine, so the sentence is about a female who sleeps around with other females.

Now if only i knew why people are talking about that... :laugh:

Mossopp
13-03-2004, 01:18
Denial, I sense a little bit of hostility in your reply. Let me make it clear that I wasn't slighting you with my questioning - I was just interested to know from where you drew your conclusions.

.. because I always feel its Yulia who driven the TATU project.. for example Yulia throat problem... but it always up to Yulia...to sing or not to sing.. the ESC, concert in Turkey with appendix, and Tokyo Dome with high fever. Its her.

But all that this prooves is that Julia can be awkward and difficult. It doesn't proove that she is the driving force behind tATu.
tATu is a partnership - two girls - and each much cooperate. Julia (for whatever reason) chooses not to cooperate most of the time so it is left to Lena to cover for her. If Lena chose to be awkward - refusing to go to award shows, refusing to comply in interviews etc - then you would assume that she was the driving force behind tATu, when in reality she's only just acting like a spoilt brat!

She may have meant and believed it but that doesn't make it true.

RowerB
13-03-2004, 06:09
Julia (for whatever reason) chooses not to cooperate most of the time so it is left to Lena to cover for her.
It seems people really like to bash Yulia, I don’t know why.

From the Tatu became breakthrough of the year (article from dni.ru) thread:
We said that the articles from dni.ru were credible, so Yulia having an appendicitis is an accepted fact here.
When Yulia returned from the Turkey concert she had appendicitis and for her own comfort stayed in Moscow to have her appendix removed, rather than accompany Lena to the Comet awards.

From Denial's exclusive report on Reality Show episode three:
“Yulia was like...'Ivan, come here and we'll discuss... I feel so bad... I can't go down... and we have to do the concert'’ but after long talking she sighed ans said ok with a hopeless facial expression. So they went down... Ivan acted like a spoiled kid... but first thing he said when saw girls was: 'give Yulia the jacket! now!' Anyway... Yulia acted like the mature one with the sense of
responsibility... not Ivan...”
Yulia wasn’t well so Lena did the TV show on her own.

As far as the MTV Asia awards are concerned, Yulia tried to persuade Lena not to attend them, Things in the life of tatu were not real easy at that time and I don’t blame Yulia for not going.

Mossopp
13-03-2004, 13:56
I am not "bashing" Julia nor am I disputing the fact that the girl suffers from ill-health on occasions. But am correct in saying that Julia can be difficult.

EDIT: I was going to post a list of instances to support my belief but I'd only be accused of "bashing" again and that isn't what this thread is about.
I'll leave it there.

Violane
14-03-2004, 09:23
I always wondered if the appendix operation story was really when she had the abortion. Has there been any pics of a scar? I'm just speculating.

bpro50
16-03-2004, 03:36
Yul seems to have picked up a lot of Ivan's character traits while working under his direction. Maybe now that he is not in the picture, she will develop a new persona. In the video where she shows off her nemo houseshoes and her new sheets, she exhibits a sweet, little girl with fun-loving traits that are much more becoming for her. I just think the Ivan "in your face, mind-gaming, kiss my arse days are gone, hopefully. I really believe Yul needs to be "full of life and fun to be with" for a while so that she and Lena (and her new producers) can get some new ideas generated and moving forward. She's 19, so it's not like it's too late and they are someone else's children. Young musicians like the Jackson's reinvented themselves 10 times. *With my fingers crossed, I think Yul and Lena still have so much to give* . . . I believe even a photo-spread with some creativity could bring them a lot of money now that they are on their own. I just want to see them together again, performing and having fun. Old stuff, new stuff, who cares, I love them!!!!!!