PDA

View Full Version : Have Tatu severed with Ivan ?

nikki
10-02-2004, 02:41
This is more of a question really' On a couple of web sites yesterday STS reported that Tatu had severed with Ivan. It was something to do with the album. There was no further comment.

A Russian friend swore that he was sure it was because the album had not been done.

Is there any truth in this ?

denial
10-02-2004, 03:50
how we to know? .. how your friend to know? .. my russian friend said ... only hell knows .. :rolleyes:

... ne zhnayu...

guesshoo
10-02-2004, 04:37
well i've been following it up on tatu.us and everyone basically has the same attitude/opinion:
just anutha pr stunt.

xena225
11-02-2004, 16:25
"What will be further?
Does follow continuation?
You look into these output!"
http://www.ctc-tv.ru/ent/programs/Tatu/

Be sure to tune in on Saturday and Sunday, same channel, same time!

As far as I know, 20 episodes are planned - so let's hope for a happy ending after all the drama!

The suspense, the suspense!

Let's hope for the best. :done:

xena225

Lena410
11-02-2004, 16:45
Originally posted by xena225
The suspense, the suspense!
[/B]

:lol: girl you crack me up :D

well I dont know. But I dont believe it. I have no idea what they are trying to achieve but this seems more like a soap than a reality show. :gigi:

nasnedagoniat
11-02-2004, 23:35
This is stated on the "Tatu In Podnebesnaya" website.

Didn't Ivan say that "it is necessary to always stay on a path of conflict." All of the conflicts that are present in Podnebesnaya are just too suspicious. It would make sense that this is all created by Ivan. One would be crazy to miss the next episode. If his goal was to get people interested in watching the next episode then: Job well done Niko! :done:

la aurora
11-02-2004, 23:40
this started at Reality Show actually :gigi: The last seconds of Sunday episode were showing Ivan holding this notification in his hands. And some guy read it aloud. It sounded like only Lena's notification. But in subtitles by Mansky BOTH girls were mentioned... :hmmm:

spyretto
11-02-2004, 23:49
So the whole business of the girls being "unhappy with Ivan" is a well-orchestrated plan by him to spice up things in their reality show?

la aurora
12-02-2004, 00:05
Originally posted by spyretto
So the whole business of the girls being "unhappy with Ivan" is a well-orchestrated plan by him to spice up things in their reality show?
well... u can never know with TATU lol May be it's another of Ivan's 'great ideas'. But i also don't reject the opportunity that he could loose the control over situation. Seems this Reality Show is run by Mansky and STS channel more than Ivan. So... let's wait and see... Although Ivan did many mistakes lately... without him TATU would loose a lot. Pimenov from PPK is a nice guy... and his song was a hit in US dance charts... and he has producing experience... but his projects are mostly undeground. So... I doubt TATU's future if everything that seems to going on now is really true.

nasnedagoniat
12-02-2004, 00:13
To spice up things in the reality show as well as to strike temporary interest in the group in general.

If Tatu as we know them (or think) would suddenly end I would be shocked for the first time since I first saw the YSSU music video. There is a lot going on in the world of Tatu. They could at least wait until after Tatu Paragate is released in Europe and Japan. I wonder how much Lena and Julia are worth solely. About half of that would be paid to Neformat to break the contract. With no support from these companies and Ivan, what will they do besides disappear for a while?

spyretto
12-02-2004, 00:21
Shocking time may be approaching then :p

freddie
12-02-2004, 08:33
There are more and more rumours yes. But still I think it's practicaly impossible. Honestly. Universal Russia won't break a contract that they've put so much money in and didn't got the desired prifit out of it yet. I'd wish Ivan left or at least move aside and play a side-role while wester managers and producers took over. It's just to unlikely... :/

haku
12-02-2004, 10:00
If Yulia and Lena leave Ivan, they may disappear. If they stay with Ivan, they *will* disappear, at least in the west.
No amount of PR is going to make the western markets regain interest in the band, not even a "break up" rumor.
If the break up is only a PR move, it's only aimed at the Russian market, and Universal International is going to be *pissed*.
Tatu is going back to being what they were at their beginnings, a local Russian band, but maybe that's what Yulia and Lena want after all. *shrugs*

Lena410
12-02-2004, 17:47
Originally posted by freddie
I'd wish Ivan left or at least move aside and play a side-role while wester managers and producers took over. It's just to unlikely

why western? I mean Id like him to step aside and let any capable manager take over..from anywhere

thegurgi
12-02-2004, 21:02
i'd prefer them to keep their manager and producers and song writers Slavic. I'd hate to see them in the hands of an American or English Producer.

QueenBee
12-02-2004, 21:05
*Reads TheGurgi's message, thinks of Britney Spears and gets heartattack*

haku
12-02-2004, 21:15
Y&L should go to Sweden, they have a lot of good producers/writers over there, and they know what they are doing. Sweden is a good base for artists who don't speak English natively but want to have an international career.

I agree that Y&L should *not* go to the UK or US.

QueenBee
12-02-2004, 21:20
Y&L should go to Sweden, they have a lot of good producers/writers over there, and they know what they are doing. Sweden is a good base for artists who don't speak English natively but want to have an international career.
Wooohoooo! :laugh: Yeah they can come to Sweden! I WOULDN'T MIND! *Waits at airport with sign that says "Tatu"* Actually, they can just come to my apartment.. I wouldn't mind fixing up a studio yo! :lol:

Let's hope they don't get rid of Ivan then.. 'cause then he will show up here too.. oo! *Jumps around with joy* :lady: :laugh:

Lena410
12-02-2004, 21:56
thegurgi, I agree. It wouldn't feel right for me if their manager wasn't slavic as well.

denial
13-02-2004, 01:23
Originally posted by haku

ABBA? :rolleyes: ....... instead of Brtney/Xtina .... :lol: ..well.. why not ..

RowerB
13-02-2004, 01:24
Originally posted by thegurgi
i'd prefer them to keep their manager and producers and song writers Slavic. I'd hate to see them in the hands of an American or English Producer.
If they have split with Ivan, then I have to agree with thegurgi.

spyretto
13-02-2004, 02:09

Like Lena's father? ;)

haku
13-02-2004, 02:14
Originally posted by denial
ABBA? :rolleyes: ....... instead of Brtney/Xtina .... :lol: ..well.. why not ..
I was being serious.

Sweden is the second biggest music producer in Europe in terms of export. The Swedish music industry is excellent and knows how to produce and market worldwide.

Sweden is a great choice for artists who are aiming an international audience but don't want to deal with the Anglo-Saxon music industry.

denial
13-02-2004, 02:25
Sweden is the second biggest music producer in Europe in terms of export. The Swedish music industry is excellent and knows how to produce and market worldwide.

Sound very good ...but..

haku, how come I know NO one from Sweden since ABBA? :dknow: ....and how come I know TATU ...? and even went out of my way to buy that mugshot CD.. how many CDs of TATU that I have here .. hmm .. oh .. and let see .. songs were written by infamous writer and lyrics are ...you know.. videos directed by Ivan ..an advertiser and psychiatrist... Y&L from out of nowhere... can't sing live .. throat problem.. smoking problem ..:rolleyes:

So .. who is interesting in Sweden now?

spyretto
13-02-2004, 03:02
Swedish bands/artists who had international hits ( there's more )

Roxette
Ace of Base
Cardigans
Europe
Hives
Clawfinger
Rednex
Meja
Eagle-Eyed Cherry
Army of Lovers

haku
13-02-2004, 06:08
And also:

Kent
The Ark
Cesars Palace
Antiloop
E-Type
Neneh Cherry
Dr. Alban
Robyn

And numerous hits by Britney Spears, N'Sync, Back Street Boys, etc... have been written by Swedish writers.

A page on the Swedish music industry:
http://www.abbamail.com/news/billboard_sweden_spotlight.htm

And denial, Britney Spears' first and third albums were done in Sweden by Swedes. Max Martin (http://entertainment.msn.com/artist/?artist=726758) in particular, Y&L would be *so* lucky if they could work with him and his team. Contrary to Ivan, they know what they are doing.

thegurgi
13-02-2004, 06:16
Kent

OMG i LOVE KENT!!!! :: they are my favorite band ::

as opposed to going into a long boring explanation of why i love them...

i won't.

freddie
13-02-2004, 07:30
We have so many threads about the girls splitting from Ivan, the lawyers trying to break up the contract etc... we should all merge it to one universal thread about that topic. It's no confusing like it is now... you write your oppinion on one thread, while the points you discussed on that one have been mentioned in ANOTHER thread about the same topic.

Oh! About Swedish bands... you forgot Alcazar (Crying At The Discoteque, Sexual guarantee), and Harpo (Movie Star).

dollparts3000
13-02-2004, 09:58
No, I think Yulia and Lena are smart! They know that they can't survive without Ivan. It's not like they write their own songs, or have a wide vocal range. They are not exactly rock so they can't do a courtney love and split from their group. Their voices need more mixing and modification when put into songs. Ofcourse, they could always go back to Lena Kipper!!!!! That would be hilarious.

Tatu is composed of marketers, songwriters, managers, song editors, musicians. Tatu would not be what it is withough all those people and the software. I also don't think Yulia and Lena want the stress of taking care of everything themselves. They see how much work it is. They are 18, they probably don't want a lot of work to do. They also probably want to make more money out of tatu.

If Lena and Yulia were seriously considering leaving Ivan, they would do it swiftly. They would already have another producer to organize their events or they would have been signed to another record company (or the same one). It smells like a PR stunt because the articles report that Yulia and Lena have announced that they have left the group and do not talk about their future plans.

If this is not a PR stunt by Ivan, it's prob. just Lena and Yulia's way of making more money. They realize that tatu will end in the next 2-3 years so they probably want to draw up a new contract.

On another note, Yulia, Lena and Ivan all seem to get along. They don't exactly look like they want to split up.

Rob
13-02-2004, 10:38
Originally posted by dollparts3000
No, I think Yulia and Lena are smart! They know that they can't survive without Ivan. It's not like they write their own songs, or have a wide vocal range. They are not exactly rock so they can't do a courtney love and split from their group. Their voices need more mixing and modification when put into songs. Ofcourse, they could always go back to Lena Kipper!!!!! That would be hilarious.

Tatu is composed of marketers, songwriters, managers, song editors, musicians. Tatu would not be what it is withough all those people and the software. I also don't think Yulia and Lena want the stress of taking care of everything themselves. They see how much work it is. They are 18, they probably don't want a lot of work to do. They also probably want to make more money out of tatu.

If Lena and Yulia were seriously considering leaving Ivan, they would do it swiftly. They would already have another producer to organize their events or they would have been signed to another record company (or the same one). It smells like a PR stunt because the articles report that Yulia and Lena have announced that they have left the group and do not talk about their future plans.

If this is not a PR stunt by Ivan, it's prob. just Lena and Yulia's way of making more money. They realize that tatu will end in the next 2-3 years so they probably want to draw up a new contract.

On another note, Yulia, Lena and Ivan all seem to get along. They don't exactly look like they want to split up.
Hm, I agree with this.

By the way concerning Max Martin - he is a gifted song-writer but I don't want Y/L to sound like B. Spears and Backstreet Boys! :none:

haku
13-02-2004, 11:33
Originally posted by dollparts3000
They know that they can't survive without Ivan.
I don't agree with this. They won't survive *with* Ivan. Even Yulia and Lena *must* realize that the way the band has been managed those past months is disastrous.

Tatu is composed of marketers, songwriters, managers, song editors, musicians. Tatu would not be what it is withough all those people and the software.
Well, it's the same for most pop acts. Ivan is not the only manager who can provide a team for a band. And there are *dozens* of much more organized management teams.

I also don't think Yulia and Lena want the stress of taking care of everything themselves. They see how much work it is.
Again, there are dozens of management teams that can take care of that for them, and with much more efficiency than Ivan (it's not hard). They've been taking orders from Ivan since they were young teenage girls, i wouldn't be surprised if they want to be more in charge of their future with more professional people.

If Lena and Yulia were seriously considering leaving Ivan, they would do it swiftly. They would already have another producer to organize their events or they would have been signed to another record company (or the same one).
Not necessarily, the "recording" of the second album has just begun, and they may have realized seeing the material they were asked to record that it was going to be a big flop (seeing the lyrics of Squirrel may have been the triggering event lol) and decided they wanted out, now!
And also, i don't think Y&L must be too happy about the way the RS has been going on. Most episodes have been about Ivan! He has had much more screen time than Y&L! They might have realized then in his opinion they are secondary characters.

If this is not a PR stunt by Ivan
I agree that it could be PR, but hey, it's the first time i'm happy since Anatomy so i'm going to cling to that hope. LOL

On another note, Yulia, Lena and Ivan all seem to get along.
Hmm, i don't think so. I think Lena despise Ivan, and Yulia has a love/hate relationship with him.

Originally posted by Rob
By the way concerning Max Martin - he is a gifted song-writer but I don't want Y/L to sound like B. Spears and Backstreet Boys!
Me neither, but if they break free from Ivan, Y&L are going to need new quality material fast. They won't be allowed to sing their old songs, and i'm sure they don't have a lot of money, most of it went to Ivan.
But those people are professional, i'm sure they can create a Tatulike sound with good lyrics for Y&L. And most importantly, they can do it efficiently.

denial
13-02-2004, 11:38
Originally posted by Rob
By the way concerning Max Martin - he is a gifted song-writer but I don't want Y/L to sound like B. Spears and Backstreet Boys! :none: [/B]

Exactly ..me too ... I went straight to shower after I saw the list of the artists there.

TATU music are so different...with concept and everything.. and random lyrics .. and how they were promote.

We are so different in what we see in TATU or what we want them to be next and why we still fan even without release of new album or unpromise future.

I agree with Dollarspart about Yulia and Lena being smart and beside that they have been working with Ivan for like 4 years. They must have learned alot from him.

But .. this really seems like "reality PR stunt" for Reality Show.. the next level.

denial
13-02-2004, 12:02
But those people are professional, i'm sure they can create a Tatulike sound with good lyrics for Y&L. And most importantly, they can do it efficiently. [/B]

And we are to settle with copycat style or songs? Song written and prepare efficiently in very efficient amount of time but they must sound like tATu so they could sell them?

How does that make you feel?

haku
13-02-2004, 12:25
but they must sound like tATu so they could sell them?
Y&L don't need to sound like Tatu to sell, they could go for a different sound and still sell, they just need a good team behind them. I was just saying that they could make them sound Tatulike, not that they should.

Anyway, i don't see the problem. If Y&L leave Ivan, Ivan will probably hire two new girls to record the second album and continue as the new Tatu since he owns the name.
So the fans who prefer Ivan will follow him and his new band, and the fans who prefer Y&L will follow the girls in their new career.
Everybody wins.

How does that make you feel?
Much better than after Anatomy when i realized that Ivan had been selling me a lie from the beginning.

forre
13-02-2004, 12:55
It has nothing to do with the PR. What's the problem? All artists get into disputes with their managers from time to time. Some manage to uphold their good cooperation and some part.

To the question if Yulia and Lena will survive without Ivan, the answer is "the time will show". Ivan is not a super-star, you know? Managers come and go.

denial
13-02-2004, 12:59
Much better than after Anatomy when i realized that Ivan had been selling me a lie from the beginning. [/B]

But Yulia and Lena were also part of the 'lie' show.. infact they are the ones that performing it. Would you still follow them?

To me can't really say it was a lie .. everything begin with Lena Kiper's idea wasn't a secret.

spyretto
13-02-2004, 16:53
It's all about making more money as dollparts3000 very well said.

And having control over their project...

..and making more money...and did I mention making more money?

QueenBee
13-02-2004, 17:28
everything begin with Lena Kiper's idea wasn't a secret.
I argee... We knew how she came up with the song from the beginning, so it couldn't really be "Just for them about their lives" :rolleyes: But I think there are so many things that mattered, not only where the first song came from.. because people knew very well from the beginning Tatu could be fake (we even told them :gigi: ) but they decided they wanted to keep believing.. And some still do. :rolleyes:

Mossopp
13-02-2004, 19:47
Let me start by saying that I think all this is just another publicity stunt. Ivan has obviously realised that we're all wise to his little game of creating scandals purely to keep the band in the public-eye while he f#cks around and wastes even more time. Realising we're onto him and he can't get away with this kinda thing for much longer he plays the ultimate mind-f#ck and turns our opinion against us by letting us believe that Julia and Lena themselves are sick of his little game!
Anyway, the point I wanted to make was this: we are all discussing what kind of new management would be best for the girls, where the management should be based, what direction the new management should take the former tATu in etc. But what makes you so sure that any management company is actually going to want Julia and Lena now? After all, it's gonna take a hell of a lot of work to clear up the mess Shap has made - their reputation (or lack of) is a complete joke now, even in Russia! Any management company that takes the girls on now is gonna have a lot of work on it's hands and, quite frankly, I don't see anyone wanting to have to salvage what's left of Julia and Lena's musical prospects.

haku
13-02-2004, 20:01
Well, we'll soon know if the break up was a PR stunt from Ivan. If it is, it will be the final straw for a lot of people.

Unplugged
13-02-2004, 20:14
Originally posted by QueenBee
people knew very well from the beginning Tatu could be fake (we even told them :gigi: ) but they decided they wanted to keep believing.. And some still do. :rolleyes:

Some still believe in Santa Claus, too. There's just no help for some people. :dknow: :p

Wings of hospitals... Everything's fine

Oh, by the way, I read someone (don't remember who, sorry) saying that t.A.T.u. had a bad image right now... Well, I don't think they have an image at all right now. It's all gone. They're not even doing the "Oh look, a camera! Let's hold hands and do sexy looks!"-trick anymore. Not even the "rebel" image exists anymore, because it was all so premeditated and fake that it's useless to use it now.

thegurgi
13-02-2004, 20:37
As for what Queenie said, and what Staring Elf quoted,

That's why i'm glad i never really believed in anyway.

I enjoy the soap operaness of this projet but i need some new material.

I don't care about the swindling, i'm not sick of much of anything yet....

I'd just like to advise people to just keep on their toes and enjoy it all... Mind Games are fun.

RowerB
14-02-2004, 10:37
Originally posted by staringelf
Some still believe in Santa Claus, too. There's just no help for some people. :dknow: :
Are you talking about me staringelf?

Anyway, anyone who has seen CD:UK NGGU must realise that Lena loves Yulia.

I agree.

xena225
14-02-2004, 12:57
Shapovalov: Nobody told me about termination of contract with Tatu

Tatu's producer Ivan Shapovalov is not aware of the girls' intention to break the contract with him and his record company Neformat. He told Interfax (info agency) that "the girls did not tell him anything about their wish to break the contract", nor did they complain or claim anything.

When commenting the news that appeared in "Life" newspaper about a judicial firm called "Yacovlem and Partners" representing the girls and currently working on contract termination between Lena Katina, Yulia Volkova, him and his company, Shapovalov said: "If something is happening, I am not aware of it. It only concerns the girls and their relationship with the lawyers. We did receive some documents from lawyers, but I understand little in such things and do not go into details".

According to Shapovalov, Tatu is actively working on creation of the new album: "We have completed 5 songs already. Five more need their vocals to be recorded". We are all awaiting their "vocal period", that is the time when the girls have their voice in the right phase. That is the only thing that is really happening right now."

The producer did not rule out a possibility of a break up in business relationship between him and the group members : "Things can go either way now. I'm ready to face any development". Shapovalov is not ready to answer who will own the brand "Tatu" in case of a "divorce"

http://grani.ru/Society/People/Showbiz/m.60206.html?1628
http://www.km.ru/news/view.asp?id=E1DB0808DFB947BFA2D227334F579126

Thanks to elf from tatu.us for the translation! :rose:

And please don't get me wrong, I mean this in a nice way, but I find these discussions about "sex, lies and PR stunts" simply hilarious. Thanks, folks! :rose: And thanks to t.A.T.u. for keeping us so entertained and busy. ;) :done:

xena225

Rob
14-02-2004, 14:33

I'd just like to advise people to just keep on their toes and enjoy it all... Mind Games are fun.
Well said. :done:

denial
14-02-2004, 14:45
Thanks for the translation Xena225 ... I tried to read that with translator it doesnt work when explaining about the contract status :bum:

Originally posted by xena225
And please don't get me wrong, I mean this in a nice way, but I find these discussions about "sex, lies and PR stunts" simply hilarious.

Oh well .. I am putting my mouth/hand to shut now .. realised just for the sake or argument/discussion ..whatever .. seems like I've already turn Ivan into angel or something (in my head)... which he's not .. I do like the guy and what he done...and it just without him .. there IS no TATU .. even the girls could wear the name again .. but it wont be like we known them before "sex, lies and PR stunts"...huh?. :confused: ..seriously I need to shut.

To those I 'challenged' .. here and in chat .. I am sorry.

nasnedagoniat
14-02-2004, 15:24
I agree with thegurgi. It's already know that none of us know the girls personally.(If you do let's talk a bit later ;) ) What people are in love with is the image Ivan had been or still is projecting to us through the media. I'm sure many opinions of the girls would change if they left Ivan and revealed who they really are(If they don't decide to make up new lies). I can't say if this will be for the best or worst though. But neither can anyone else.

Unplugged
14-02-2004, 16:05
just without him .. there IS no TATU .. even the girls could wear the name again .. but it wont be like we known them before "sex, lies and PR stunts"...huh?.

denial, I agree.

Personally, I think this is a PR stunt and they're not leaving Ivan.

But if they do, and if they have money to do this, they can hire a new manager and tell them what direction they want to take - whether it is the same with sex PR & scandals or another one. But the girls only themselves with a "normal" manager without crazy ideas... I doubt they'll make it.

RowerB
14-02-2004, 16:08
To those I 'challenged' .. here and in chat .. I am sorry.
I don’t think you should be sorry denial. You’re one of the good guys.

haku
14-02-2004, 16:11
Originally posted by RowerB
I don’t think you should be sorry denial. You’re one of the good guys.
LOL, and who are the "bad guys"? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nasnedagoniat
What people are in love with is the image Ivan had been or still is projecting to us through the media. I'm sure many opinions of the girls would change if they left Ivan and revealed who they really are(If they don't decide to make up new lies).
Stunt or not, the image is dead anyway. The girls are not even trying to pretend anymore, Yulia drags Pasha everywhere with her, and Lena also has someone (she keeps him a little more in the dark because she's shyer with that kind of thing, not because she wants to keep pretending.)
Whatever they'll do in the future, Ta Lyubit Tu has definitely ended, the girls want to do something new.

QueenBee
14-02-2004, 16:19
I wonder too.. wouldn't surprise me if I'm one of them! Haha :gigi:

bpro50
14-02-2004, 16:24
"According to Shapovalov, Tatu is actively working on creation of the new album: "We have completed 5 songs already. Five more need their vocals to be recorded".

If it is true that the girls already have 5 songs recorded and there are 5 more ready, then I don't understand the timing of contract severence. Seems to me that the basis of the contract dispute is the problem with Ivan pursuing "scandals" instead of producing songs. That seems to contradict the current situation, if you believe Shap and the quote above. If they are on the verge of having 10 songs and a new album, I hope that they don't delay the production by filing a lawsuit. It just doesn't make sense. I vote that they postpone any and everything that interferes with the production of the album and, after the music is produced, then return to the lies, scandals, and deceipt!

haku
14-02-2004, 16:33
Originally posted by bpro50
If it is true that the girls already have 5 songs recorded and there are 5 more ready, then I don't understand the timing of contract severence.
The material recorded could be precisely the reason why Y&L decided to break the contract now.

Remember that Y&L don't have anything to do with the writing of the songs, they arrive at the studio to record and discover the material at that moment.

Maybe they realized that the material was not good at all and that it was going to be a huge flop, and deciced it was time to get out of here.

Also possible, the image! Maybe Ivan wants them to keep the image, and they disagree with that.

In any case, i don't agree with you that they should record at all cost, regardless of the quality of the material. If Y&L think that the material is no good and don't want to finish recording with Ivan, good for them. No album is better than a crap album.

I prefer them to look for a new team and record a new good album, which fits with what the girls *themselves* want to be from now on.

Rob
14-02-2004, 16:37
What I want is a tATu-album.

Not more to say.

haku
14-02-2004, 16:45
Originally posted by Rob
What I want is a tATu-album.
Well, if Ivan has chosen a bunch of songs that perpetuate "the image" and that the girls don't wanna go in that direction anymore, no one can force them to continue to pretend if they no longer feel like it. They are too old for that now.

Rob
14-02-2004, 16:51
I didn't say anything about the "image".

denial
14-02-2004, 17:38
RowerB, thank you .. :gigi: .. well ... *shut* :none:

For you :rose:

bpro50
14-02-2004, 18:14
If Tatu has made an assessment that the quality is really poor then I agree that it makes good sense "not" to go forward. I guess I just can't imagine the final cuts from the five songs already recorded being poor quality. Anyway, I think the image is perpetuated primarily through the mediium of video and stage performance so I don't think that the content of the songs will determine the *image*. I would just love to hear a new album, especially if it has good quality music. Notwithstanding, you can bet that the five songs that have already been recorded are in Russian. I wonder if Ivan is thinking about the next five being the same songs in English. That would be neat!!!

haku
14-02-2004, 18:47
Originally posted by bpro50
I would just love to hear a new album
Well, imagine how the Russians feel. The first album was released in 2000 there! :D

I wonder if Ivan is thinking about the next five being the same songs in English. That would be neat!!!
Everything is in Russian, there is no plan for an English version at the moment. (Lena said "maybe" in the future during the chat)

Besides, they *can't* come back in the west with only 5 songs! Can you imagine the media's reaction if they came back with a 5 songs album! :spy:

cirrus
14-02-2004, 19:37
Maybe they realized that the material was not good at all and that it was going to be a huge flop, and deciced it was time to get out of here.

Also possible, the image! Maybe Ivan wants them to keep the image, and they disagree with that.

In any case, i don't agree with you that they should record at all cost, regardless of the quality of the material. If Y&L think that the material is no good and don't want to finish recording with Ivan, good for them. No album is better than a crap album.

I prefer them to look for a new team and record a new good album, which fits with what the girls *themselves* want to be from now on.

I agree fully with you haku. No one, including the girls themselves, want a really crap album on an image that is totally a lie. There's no fun in pretending anymore.

But I also feel that, maybe, it's unfair for Tatu to quit... considering, according to business terms, they signed a deal and now they wish to break because it no longer appeals to them. But, once you figure in Shap's management into the equation, and think about all the bad things that have happened to Tatu, I think they can justify their departure.

Rob
14-02-2004, 20:37
Besides, they *can't* come back in the west with only 5 songs! Can you imagine the media's reaction if they came back with a 5 songs album! :spy:
I'd suggest to see how many songs the album will finally contain.
The article said 5 songs were recorded, 5 other ones were being prepared and maybe more than one of the demos with potential might be chosen for a professional recording.

haku
14-02-2004, 20:49
Originally posted by Rob
The article said 5 songs were recorded, 5 other ones were being prepared and maybe more than one of the demos with potential might be chosen for a professional recording.
Why are you replying to me? :D It's bpro50 who said that the 5 other songs may only be the English versions of the 5 Russian songs.

I said that the 10 songs were in Russian and that the theory of 5 songs in 2 languages was not a credible option.

Rob
14-02-2004, 21:02
Well, then for once we share an opinion... shocking. ;) :D

dollparts3000
16-02-2004, 01:24
This is so pathetic! I don't like hearing all this dramatic stuff about Lena/Yulia breaking the contract. Who cares? It's a big issue if they are not getting paid or Ivan has broke the contact in some way but it's not an issue of the public. What's the use of dabating about it when there's nothing that you can do. It's not even that dramatic. If Lena and Yulia are breaking the contract, I don't care. I just want to see another Taty album. The music is what attracted me. Not, the stupid scandals. The scandals are what put me off and make me turn away from the group. What do you think?

bpro50
19-02-2004, 02:45
I think you can't separate Tatu from the music and the scandals. It's alll interesting. I can't wait to see the next major development but I don't think it will be music. While the attorney's are determining the best resolution for the name and the music, why not go make a movie like they talked about last year. I'd go see it! Maybe they could perform a couple of concerts making the movie. Just a thought!

One thing for sure, unless Tatu drops the suit, the music will be tied up for months, if not years. Litigation is a process where only the lawyers win.