PDA

View Full Version : The Interview With God

ypsidan04
06-02-2004, 00:16
http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/windowmovie.html

(Not that I'm a religious person, cause I'm not. But someone sent this to me, and it has some nice sentiments, as well as nice scenery photos.) :done:

spyretto
06-02-2004, 00:40
As much as I want to believe in God he probably doesn't exist, it's a Man-made conception. Because Man has conceived a God in order and everywhere there is randomness.

If God had thought homosexuality is a sin, he would not have created gay people

True, but would he then have created terminally ill, mentally disturbed, antisocial, and evil people? I'm not convinced by this argument.

God has become like an excuse, these days.

Unplugged
06-02-2004, 00:58
True, but would he then have created terminally ill, mentally disturbed, antisocial, and evil people? I'm not convinced by this argument.

I am, cause I believe in Karma :D If you screwed up in your past lives, you're gonna have to suffer the consequences. For example, if you spent a whole life belittling people, on your next life you're gonna be bilittled so you can learn how hard it is and evolve through that experience. That's one of many examples.

--Just my beliefs

QueenBee
06-02-2004, 01:15
Whoa, if "GOD" is really like that, then he's pretty damn smart! :p Hmm, I personally don't believe in God.. Not much more to say about that. I respect everybody who believes in God.. I heard people say that religion is bullsh*t, but it's not the religion in itself that is messed up, it is the people who made it seem that way...

I loved some of the quotes, too bad I can't use them now 'cause everyone will know I stole them from that website. :p

It was a cute little movie.. :yes:

Kate
06-02-2004, 01:28
http://www.truthbeknown.com/proof.htm

:)

Kappa
06-02-2004, 06:46
katbeidar, mmm, interesting. You refuse to learn from others but enjoy imposing your own beliefs. :)

I believe that's called proselitism.

Kate
06-02-2004, 07:16
darje, don't bring our personal quarrels to the forum, please. I am not forcing you to believe anything. Believe whatever you want. I don't care. :)

Kappa
06-02-2004, 08:15
katbeidar, don't bring proselitist links into a fun thread. Besides that, do whatever you want. I don't care. :)

Kate
06-02-2004, 08:24
darje, what about you posting "The interview with god"? Proselytizing God? [Not sure I am using the word right... :gigi:]

Kappa
06-02-2004, 08:32
katbeidar, I'm an Agnostic Onanist. :gigi: Thus, I have no right to proselitize God in any of his presentations, because I'm going to hell in a 747 Boeing. I'm just defending a nice fun thread. By the way, have YOU seen the link?

Kate
06-02-2004, 08:37
darje, no one is going to hell. There is no hell.

Yes, I have seen the movie, it's cute. :love: Too bad it's an interview with someone who doesn't exist in my eyes. :(

Kappa
06-02-2004, 08:43
katbeidar, your sense of humour totally appaulls me. Bleh.

Kate
06-02-2004, 08:56
darje, it wasn't meant to be funny. Not everything is hehe-haha, you know!

You know what? Why don't you take out your anger somewhere else and leave me alone! I didn't do anything to you. We just have different views on things. Let it go!

freddie
06-02-2004, 09:51
Originally posted by katbeidar
http://www.truthbeknown.com/proof.htm

:)

About that PROOF. That page only wants to discredit ORGANIZED RELIGION, while it's a fact that organized religion has nothing to do with god. Religion is made for ppl to belive in. To belive in themselves and in the race they represent. God is a completely different concept by itself. We're not getting anywhere if we start discrediting dogmatic truths. Those are representations of what some ancient ppl thought god was 2000 years ago. I think we can have a more profound understanding of what god is.

This is a short excerpt of what wrote about religion in general on tatu.us a while back (when the forum was down). Needless to say nobody payed any interest in what I had to say in my 2 page rant. Lol... but anyway, I'll just post the part about what god is:

...but a true belief doesn't have anything to to with tradition, dogmatic truths or anything silly like that. What do I belive in? I belive in the power of good. It makes me sigh when I see a person doing an altruistic deed for another. Cause I know that this is what makes us human. Our humanity is the love that is in our hearts. Love that we feel and that we show. Love that makes us care about a person. That's what seperates us from the animals. Because it's not in our basic nature to be good for no reason. We were born to survive. Ourseves firstly. And then everybody else. We were designed to be selfish, ruthless and unkind. Yet we're not sometimes. And that is god to me. Saying "I love you" to someone and meaing it. That is god to me as well.(What a Wonderful World by Louie Armstrong should be played while I'm saying this. LMAO!!) Seeing countless stars in the sky, realizing just how wast and endless the universe is, and with it aknowlaging how terribly unimportant we are in the great perfect plan that is our world. That is god. And last but not least - we ALL are god. The whole creation. We're all eternaly connected. Every person in this world is a little piece of a collective soul called humanity. We all remember everything that happened to every single person that ever walked this earth (read about the colective memory theories etc). We are a group. A collective that is torn apart into billions of tiny pieces in an endless cycle of reincarnation. And we're trying to get back together by the only thing that bounds the collective called humanity together in the first place - Love. And by trying we learn something. Every new life is a new experiance and new lesson we must learn. About our soul and about the soul of the collective. Maybe there are other collectives in the huge universe (infact I'm almost sure they are... but we are a collective that belong to a blue planet that revilves around a middle aged star, which revolves around the core of an average spiral galaxy...etc...)
Humanity as a living real life entity was bound together from the neccessity to survive in the first place. We stuck together cause evolution was dictating it. But evolution, insticts, hormones and all that... that's just a tool of a greater being. A tool to understand the greater truth about why the collective is bound to stay together. And that truth is love and the power of altruism. Two things that can't be succesfuly explained by science."

Kappa
06-02-2004, 19:13
katbeidar, think again. You DID do something to me. Live with it.

cirrus
06-02-2004, 20:13
*yawns* wow, that interview made me sleepy. such calming music.

I like what you said freddie. I believe in forces, ideas, etc that we can't explain, like another plane to our world just outside our vision. I suppose I hold some spiritual beliefs. But as for "God", I don't believe in that, especially it being a human-like identity with a personality. If anything, I think of God as feeling,coincidence... not a real person.
My friend used to believe in God, but realized her God was only the ideal image of herself and humanity. "He" was the collection of her ideas and morals... so now she believes in people and herself.

haku
07-02-2004, 00:24
Humans created god to their image, an idealized version of themselves, of what they should be. It's like children looking up to their parents and idealizing them. It shows how infantile the current state of evolution of our species is, and i don't expect the homo sapiens sapiens to be capable to grow up much further, we are not far from our maximum potential. Hopefully a new human species will appear in the future to take over and continue the journey of evolution, or maybe the next step will be artificial intelligence.

We are a primitive species in an average solar system located in the outer regions of an unremarkable galaxy. Much more evolved intelligent species certainly exist in the inner older regions of our own galaxy, not to mention in much larger and older galaxies in the universe. Nothing special about us.

shizzo
07-02-2004, 08:08
... anyway, so I figured, why read an interview that somebody
dreamed when I could just walk down the street and talk to
God myself?

So I put on my coat and arrived at God's house in about five
minutes or so - he knew I'd be coming [of course] and had
baked some sugar cookies. His sofa's massive - I laid down on it
and spoke my mind.

Me : "People think you don't exist."
God : "I keep a low profile these days."
Me : "What's the meaning of life?"
God : "... to live?"
Me : "There's no meaning?"
God : "Not one I can think of."
Me : "Hmm. And... why are we here?"
God : "Just 'cos."
Me : "That doesn't tell me much."
God : "Paranoia roams rampantly with humanity."
Me : "What do you do in your spare time?"
God : "Usual stuff - sleep, talk to some people, bake. I wrote
a book that's getting published soon under a pseudonym."
Me : "Really? Awesome."
God : "You betcha. I might be on 'Oprah' with it. Are people
still killing each other in my name?"
Me : "Sometimes. They take religion seriously."
God : "Really? Oh mah Ghod."
Me : "It shouldn't be taken seriously?"
God : "Do you realize how many religions there are? All pieced
together from past beliefs, assumptions, practices - it's been
all shizzed up these days."
Me : "Ah. I didn't think of it that way."
God : "Jive-ass humanity don't got no brains anyhow. Anything
else you wanna ask?"
Me : "Yep. How can we live to our potential?"
God "Eat each other."
Me : "What?"
God : "Heh, just kidding. Look both ways before crossing the
street and laugh frequently. And a multi-vitamin couldn't hurt."
Me : "Do you have a girlfriend?"
God : "Nope."
Me : "... boyfriend?"
God : "Heh, still no."
Me : "Let's date."
God : "Nah. I like my privacy."

At that point, I passed out from my narcolepsy. God set me
outside on his porch - his dog then took a leak on my leg.

teeny
07-02-2004, 11:43
Originally posted by cirrus
*yawns* wow, that interview made me sleepy. such calming music.
The music is what kept me awake.
It was the theme from "The Cider House Rules" by Rachel Portman. Too bad a small part of it was repeated over and over. It's such a good theme, and sounded a bit trivial in the end, since God had so much to say :rolleyes:
Btw: The pictures used were given credits. Why didn't they do the same for the music? Isn't it stolen in a way then? God must be so unpleased by that :p

parrish122
07-02-2004, 16:03
Cniaju, I *love* your interview with God!! The idea of God baking as a hobby amused me, as well as the idea of God having a book on Oprah.

A multi-vitamin wouldn't hurt...*giggles* Too funny!

On a more serious note, a lot of you know my views about religion, but what the heck...I'll say it again.

I think religion separates us, and spirituality brings us together. When discussing one, sometimes the person we are talking to means the other, and I think that is where a lot of the confusion and anger comes from.

I think most people can talk about spiritual matters without arguing. People rarely can talk about religion without at least there being disagreement.

When we are being spiritual, we remember that we are all connected.

It's too bad that we don't remember that more often.

Parrish

QueenBee
07-02-2004, 16:24
cniaju, you didn't even say hi to god from me? You better do that next time! And ask him if he wants to bake with me (even though I don't know how to)..

shizzo
07-02-2004, 16:33
Originally posted by QueenBee
cniaju, you didn't even say hi to god from me? You better do that next time! And ask him if he wants to bake with me (even though I don't know how to)..

Sorry. It's easy to forget certain things when you're eating
sugar cookies. And it didn't help that I was naked at the time.

:dknow:

I also forgot to ask him about Janet's boob.

QueenBee
07-02-2004, 16:46
It's easy to forget certain things when you're eating
sugar cookies.
I know how it feels man. :(

And it didn't help that I was naked at the time.
Now the story is much more interesting.. this is what I've been waiting for!

I also forgot to ask him about Janet's boob.
Well, it's smart of you to come up with these things NOW! :rolleyes:

When we are being spiritual, we remember that we are all connected.

It's too bad that we don't remember that more often.
Yeah! You go Parrish :done:

denial
07-02-2004, 17:18
Originally posted by ypsidan04
http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/windowmovie.html

(Not that I'm a religious person, cause I'm not. But someone sent this to me, and it has some nice sentiments, as well as nice scenery photos.) :done:

I like it. Thank you ypsidan04 ... its beautiful. To bad its a fake interview.

I do believe in God .. in fact I'm not sure how to explain everything that happening in the world and around me and all those questions in my head.. to myself without the existing of God.