PDA

View Full Version : -SCANDAL?- Janet Jackson exposes her breast during Super Bowl

Unplugged
05-02-2004, 19:43
SCANDAL? Janet Jackson exposes her breast during Super Bowl

JANET JACKSON and JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE made headlines Sunday with their Super Bowl half-time performance that left the pop singer half-dressed!

-> THE PICTURES:

Janet's breast exposed (http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20040202/capt.sge.gpf28.020204190949.photo02.default-350x274.jpg)
Janet's breast exposed [Close-up] (http://www.drudgereport.com/jjt.jpg)

-> THE VIDEO:

Download here ("Save target as...") (http://hstrial-mvasques.homestead.com/JanetJacksonSuperbowl.WMV)

Wearing black capri pants, a studded corset and a ruffled white train, Janet was the star performer of the pop extravaganza. She sang her hits "All for You" and "Rhythm Nation," before being joined by surprise guest Justin to sing his smash, "Rock Your Body." At the end of their duet, however, Justin reached up and ripped off a piece of Janet's top, exposing her right breast to the crowd! She hurriedly covered her chest and headed offstage.

CBS, which aired the game, said it "deeply regrets the incident" which "did not conform to CBS broadcast standards."
Justin also released this statement: "I am sorry if anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction." Janet echoed the network and Justin's regrets with a statement released by her publicist saying: "The incident was due to a wardrobe malfunction, which SHE deeply regrets. She sincerely hopes she did not offend anyone. It was not intentional." And MTV, which produced the show, said the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional."

So what was rehearsed, planned and intended for the show's finale? Janet's camp is reportedly saying that at the end of the half-time show, Justin was to pull off only half of the leather bustier to reveal a red, lacy bra Janet was wearing underneath.

Janet released a second statement further explaining the incident: "The decision to have a costume reveal at the end of my half-time show performance was made after final rehearsals. MTV was completely unaware of it. It was not my intention that it go as far as it did. I apologize to anyone offended -- including the audience, MTV, CBS and the NFL."

KIDS WATCH SUPER BOOB

When Janet Jackson displayed half of her assets at Sunday's Super Bowl halftime show, the kids were watching.
Super Bowl XXXVIII, featuring Jackson's under-investigation right breast, was the prime-time week's most-watched show among tykes aged 2-5, not to mention grade-schoolers aged 6-11 and adolescents aged 12-17.
The big game averaged 89.8 million viewers, easily the most-watched show of the TV week ended Sunday, according to Nielsen Media Research. Nearly 60 million remained in their Barcaloungers for CBS' postgame show.

JACKSON MAY BACK OUT OF GRAMMY AWARDS

As three major TV networks shifted broadcast plans in reaction to the racy Super Bowl halftime show, Janet Jackson's publicist said she may back out of Sunday's Grammy Awards and Justin Timberlake admitted his own family was offended by the pop stars' stunt.
Timberlake on Wednesday insisted he thought only Jackson's bustier would be revealed, not her breast, when he yanked at her costume. He said he understood "how unfortunate this is."
"I do understand that there were a lot of people that were completely offended by what happened, including my own family. And I think that's probably the part that's frustrating the most for me, and it's completely, completely, completely, regrettable," he told KCBS-TV outside the Staples Center, where he was rehearsing for the Grammys.
Jackson, meanwhile, is thinking twice about appearing for the Grammys telecast, her publicist, Steven Huvane, told CNN. "We don't think she's going to go," he said.

The one-second flashing revealed Jackson's right breast clad only in a sun-shaped nipple covering to some 89 million viewers.

The singer has issued videotaped and written apologies and denied that the NFL, CBS or MTV, which produced the halftime show for CBS, knew of her plans. Jackson's spokeswoman said a red lace garment was supposed to remain.

Timberlake said he received a call before the show from Jackson and her choreographer saying they wanted to do a "costume reveal."

"Now I was under the impression that what was going to be revealed in the costume reveal was a red brassiere, bustier," he said.

Timberlake said he didn't have time to rehearse it before taking the stage and was stunned by the outcome.

"I mean I was completely shocked and appalled, and all I could say was 'Oh my God, Oh my God,'" he said.

FCC TO EXAMINE SUPER BOWL HALFTIME SHOW

CBS, MTV, the NFL, Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson are all sorry — but none of that is deterring the federal government from looking into the Super Bowl's too-revealing halftime show.

Federal Communications Commission chief Michael Powell on Monday promised an investigation into whether CBS violated decency laws, with potential fines of up to $27,500. If applied to each CBS station, the fine could reach into the millions.

"Like millions of Americans, my family and I gathered around the television for a celebration. Instead, that celebration was tainted by a classless, crass and deplorable stunt," Powell said in a statement.

NBC EXCISES 'ER' BREAST SCENE

Days after Janet Jackson shocked the nation by baring her breast during the Super Bowl, NBC has agreed to edit out a brief shot of an 80-year-old woman's breast from Thursday night's episode of medical drama "ER" -- to the chagrin of the show's executive producer.

In other breast-related developments:

- Filmmaker Spike Lee, speaking to Kent State University students in Ohio Tuesday, called Jackson's display a "new low."
"What's gonna be next? It's getting crazy, and it's all down to money. Money and fame," the Do the Right Thing director said.
According to the campus newspaper, the Daily Kent Stater, Lee also picked on Cold Mountain for depicting the Civil War minus black people.

- "People who live in glass houses" resident Sharon Osbourne told her daytime talk-show audience she, for one, loved[b] Jackson and Timberlake's routine.

In the episode to air in an off-hours time slot somewhere Wednesday, [b]Osbourne urged Jackson to show both breasts next time. "Not just one--both!", Osbourne said.

sources: Reuters, E! Online, Associated Press

Unplugged
05-02-2004, 19:44
My opinion (not meant to offend anyone): I think this just shows how hypocrite american society really is. I still can't understand how a country that claims to be so "free", so open-minded, so tolerant, have such reactions to simple things like this. A boob?! I mean, most European countries, that aren't saying all the time that they're the land of freedom, broadcasted t.A.T.u.'s kiss on stage with no censorship. On the other hand, most of it got censored in the USA. Now people classify Janet's boob flash as outrageous, mostly because "kids were watching" - so what?! Doesn't every woman have boobs? What's the big deal with showing off a BOOB on TV? It's "filthy" for kids to watch? Since when?! If it were hardcore sex - OK. But boobs? A girl kissing another girl? What's up with the american society? I honestly don't understand it. I guess America is all about being politically correct. No wonder they have the UK as best friends :rolleyes:

Once again, I don't mean to offend anyone- there's bad, narrow-minded people in every country. But it's just a LITTLE too much for me when certain countries proclaim to be free, liberal, tolerant, open-minded, and then there are such reactions and censorship. :dknow:

cirrus
05-02-2004, 20:02
Don't insult all of America, just the conservatives. :)

I agree that the reaction to her boob is outrageous. The super-bowl isn't the best place for it, but have a sense of humor - it's entertainment! Kids won't be damaged or scared after seeing her boob. Hell, they're gonna learn about them one day anyways. What's the big deal? What really pisses me off is E.R. cutting the breast from their show. WTF?! Primetime TV can't even show a woman's breast for fear of disgusting or offending someone?! A breast is nothing to be disgusted or offended about.

I think the reaction to Jackson's breast is more appaling than what she did. :mad:

haku
05-02-2004, 20:03
Well, here we have boobs everyday on prime time TV, including ads, so i really don't know what the fuss is all about. :D

Then again, i don't understand American football either :lol:

teeny
05-02-2004, 20:13
Yeah it's funny. It was printed in the Danish newspapers too.. Still referred to as a scandal, but it was also pointed out that it only was the opinion from the viewers of the show. Followed - of course - by a picture by picture review of the big big scandal.. :lol:

spyretto
05-02-2004, 20:26
Isn't part of her boob covered? I agree about all that has been said before but any chance that it might have been premeditated? Janet is back in the headlines, you know.

Unplugged
05-02-2004, 20:37
I think it was premeditated too, especially because even if it was really planned that Justin would rip it off and only red lingerie would be shown - let's "guess" that the lingerie got out of place when he did the movement, and so the boob was revealed - but wait, so she normally just walks around with a sun around her nipple?! :laugh: Yes, I believe it was a stunt. But still, it's only a boob, it's nothing outrageous or indecent.

I've also heard on the news like 5 minutes ago that they're gonna broadcast a delayed version of the Grammys (CBS), and also of the Oscars (ABC) so they can 'fix' last minute 'inconvenients' as any kind of 'sexual publicity stunts' or 'controversial political messages'... :rolleyes: No comment.

teeny
05-02-2004, 20:41
and also of the Oscars (ABC) so they can 'fix' last minute 'inconvenients' as any kind of 'sexual publicity stunts' or 'controversial political messages'..
ARRRGGGHHH... then I have to stay awake even longer :none: Unless it's not that delayed and I can go to sleep instead and see it when I wake up. Oh well.. I'm sure I will be at school this year anyway :(

spyretto
05-02-2004, 20:51
By "delayed" staringelf probably means delayed broadcast by a few seconds, so in case something "inappropriate" happens they can do a cover up.
What the organisers of the ESC said they'd do if Tatu did something "inappropriate".

teeny
05-02-2004, 20:58
ahh.. I hope it won't be anything more than that. Last year a lot should be cut out I guess.. if it's the same this year then it'll be Oscar bluescreen most of the broadcast.

Unplugged
05-02-2004, 21:19
By "delayed" staringelf probably means delayed broadcast by a few seconds, so in case something "inappropriate" happens they can do a cover up.

Yeah, they're gonna delay the broadcast a few minutes (5 or 10, I dunno) so they can do a cover up if any anything inconvenient happens...

QueenBee
05-02-2004, 21:44
:none: Is that a piercing? :ithink: I didn't watch that part of Superbowl (Damn!) so I didn't see what Swedish TV did to it.. But I'm sure they couldn't care less. :lol:

Ahahaha! Super Boob! :laugh:

coolasfcuk
05-02-2004, 21:50
:eek: :eek: :eek: :hmmm:

that close-up freaks me out !!!

Well, i wont go into discussion about freedom ... its not such an easy topic to cover.. as to: 'land of the free, why not show boobs on tv" ;)

as for was in on purpose - like I said in the 'Sports' thread, i think it was... dont know about other places, but Janet's new single debuted on the radio here on Monday!!!! :laugh: talk about PR ....

and also... up until now, before seeing this close up... i thought it was some 'glue on' thing on her boob, at least it looked like that on TV, but it is a PIERCING :eek: Im in pain just thinking how it felt wearing that tight bustier... ahhhhhhhh .. with that gigantic piercing! :flag:

EDIT: yeah queenski I was writing while you posted yours - YES, its a piercing! ahhhhhhh

teeny
05-02-2004, 21:50
qb, its a stick on or something. Not a piercing as far as I've heard.

coolasfcuk
05-02-2004, 21:55
Originally posted by TLFdk
qb, its a stick on or something. Not a piercing as far as I've heard.

noooooo Tina, look at the pic closely !! It is a piercing, like I said above... I thought it was a 'stick on ' too ..... *still in shock by that piercing view*

haku
05-02-2004, 22:01
Yeah, it's a piercing, you can see the metal thingie going through the nipple... :hmmm:
That hurts just to look at it... :bum:

teeny
05-02-2004, 22:04
av av av av av.. can't believe I clicked the zoomed picture. GOD and I hate needles :hmmm:
*tries to think happy thoughts* arrgggghhhh.. *covers eyes and starts humming a happy tune*

cirrus
05-02-2004, 22:09
ummm... I like it. :done:

haku
05-02-2004, 22:13
Since we're talking about incidents on TV... :D

This "incident" happened during an afternoon show on French TV, 6 or 7 years ago. This is Mallaury Nataff, French singer/actress. After the incident she simply said that she never wore any underwear. :laugh:

Click (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pagd/tatu/mallauryvideo.gif)

QueenBee
05-02-2004, 22:16
haku, WHOA :eek: Well at least she's being honest.. :p

madeldoe
05-02-2004, 22:27
LOL yup saw that live..good times..she didnt look to surprised..at least not what i would imagine someone who just flashed a couple million people :laugh: well atleast her names back onto the headlines again..since her hiatus hah :rolleyes:

freddie
05-02-2004, 23:55
What bothers me is the panic that the whole thing created in America. I mean is an exposed breats really THAT bad to be seen on TV? Will it corrupt the young? More then violence they see in TV news?
They actualy made measures (delay recordings) so that a thing like that wouldn't happen at the Grammies. Damn. Land of hypocracy. :none:

Mossopp
06-02-2004, 00:14
The general consensus from the outset was that this whole incident was planned all along. I saw the footage on 'Liquid News' two nights ago and I don't think Janet looked all that surprised when it happened. The expression on her face was one of mock disbelief - like she knew it was gonna happen and was only acting surprised. Trousersnake didn't look all that shocked either IMO - which he certainly would have done were it a genuine accident!
Another thing which lead me to believe that this was all planned in advance was the fact that Janets choreographer had given an interview to the MTV website a few days previously telling veiwers to watch out for "a shocking moment" during the routine.
"Wardrobe malfunction", my arse!! :rolleyes:
What's funny to me is that Janet has now admitted it was all planned, while Trousersnake is still trying to maintain that it was an accident.
I'm bored of it now to be honest. Things like this are amusing for a couple of days but when the furore doesn't die down and people keep harping on about it like it's some huge moral outrage, I just get annoyed.
At the end of the day all Janet did was get a bap out on TV. Her brother has (allegedly) done much, much worse. If we're gonna scrutinise any member of the Jackson family I don't think it should be Janet.

Rob
06-02-2004, 00:16
Well, as her label "suddenly" decided to release her new single earlier than planned, she will survive not being at the Grammies. ;)

QueenBee
06-02-2004, 00:19
Whoa.. I'm getting paranoid here. :p I think there was too much chaos around the whole nipple. I mean, come on, what's there to be ashamed of? It's a breast! Besides, it's not some kind of revolutionary boob when it comes to the kids.. I'm sure they are aware of the fact that a woman has a vagina and a man has a penis. :lol: Aaanyway, I'm not sure if it was an accident or not, but I think it looked like it later when Janet excused herself.. but what do I know... Either way, I don't think it's as bad as the press made it seem.

cirrus
06-02-2004, 00:26
My mom had a good point:

"America is where all the freaks of the world came and made a country. They weren't wanted in England, or anywhere else, so they sailed over and established their own country... no wonder it turned into such a fucking crazy mess!"

not some kind of revolutionary boob
hehehe... revolutionary boob. :D
*all hail the revolutionary boob!*

the fact that a woman has a vagina and a man has a penis.
:eek: wash your mouth! what you said was crass and disgusting... think of all the kids out there! :D
I imagine you saying that in your Swedish accent and it cracks me up!

QueenBee
06-02-2004, 00:30
"America is where all the freaks of the world came and made a country. They weren't wanted in England, or anywhere else, so they sailed over and established their own country... no wonder it turned into such a fucking crazy mess!"
Ahahahaha! Super Mom! Hahaha! Freaks! Damn outsiders.. :laugh: Your mommy says "fucking"? :spy:

what you said was crass and disgusting...
I am so ashamed of myself!

I imagine you saying that in your Swedish accent and it cracks me up!
Do I have a Swedish accent? :eek: That's not good! I want a slavic accent :( *Starts crying*

Unplugged
06-02-2004, 00:33
QueenBee, are you blonde? :gigi:

taty994945
06-02-2004, 00:35
Poor Janet. All she wanted to do was show millions of viewers her boobie :dknow:

QueenBee
06-02-2004, 00:35
staringelf, Y.. no! :lalala: (Btw, that's an unfair stereotype :p)

Unplugged
06-02-2004, 00:47
Originally posted by QueenBee
staringelf, Y.. no! :lalala:

Yes :D

Swedish women are cute :p

Post a picture.

"Are you single?" :laugh:

Anyway, back on topic: I read this on MTV.com message boards and it's exactly what I think...

"I don't think kids will be tramautized after seeing Janet's breast or Justin ripping out her blouse any more than the football players practically killing each other out there in the field, the cheerleaders shaking their pom poms and God knows what else, the streakers, and the commercials in between the game promoting sex and beer."

and then there are some other "interesting" opinions:

"The bottom line is we have to keep some morale and decnesy in our society. Kids don't need to grow up so fast. Janet & Justin TimberFake should pay a heavy fine."

" cannot believe that they did that in front of kids and everyone else...what were they thinking?!"

"it was no accident..they should both be arrested...him for sexual assault and her for indecent exposure..and there are 89 million witnesses to this crime!!!"

:rolleyes: :help:

buuut THEN comes an opinion from good old European :D

"everyone here in Europe are making fun of you Americans! Like you never saw a tit on tv or something! Why do you people have to be so consevative and serious! Looks like you still have the minds from people of the last millenium!"

QueenBee
06-02-2004, 00:54
Swedish women are cute
Shut up.. I'm not Swedish. :p

"it was no accident..they should both be arrested...him for sexual assault and her for indecent exposure..and there are 89 million witnesses to this crime!!!"
What the...? :ithink: Are these people being sarcastic? :eek: Yeah, you know, I think Justin should go to jail! That damn bastard! I HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL!... :rolleyes:

"everyone here in Europe are making fun of you Americans! Like you never saw a tit on tv or something! Why do you people have to be so consevative and serious! Looks like you still have the minds from people of the last millenium!"
Aaaah I like this dude. :p

Oh, and I must have missed something.. When did Janet admit that this wasn't an accident? :ithink:

spyretto
06-02-2004, 01:01
Yeah I also saw the "Liquid News" - where they showed it about 20 times and Leann Rimes said she was shocked :p

Maybe the lingerie was see-through, hence the star? :p In any case the idea of "stripping-off" during prime time American tv wasn't the best but it seems to have worked, accidental or not.

The fuss over it is comical though.

Unplugged
06-02-2004, 01:02
Shut up.. I'm not Swedish.

Oh, I thought you were. Are you an american living in Sweden? Or you're half-swedish half-american? Explain :gigi:

What the...? Are these people being sarcastic?

Unfortunately, no :mad:

When did Janet admit that this wasn't an accident?

She appeared on TV apologizing and saying it was all her fault. She didn't specify if she actually planned to show her boob or not, she just said it what happened was her fault and she made that decision after the final rehearsal, so according to her MTV, CBS and NFL don't have any responsability because they didn't know anything.

QueenBee
06-02-2004, 01:18
Oh, I thought you were. Are you an american living in Sweden? Or you're half-swedish half-american? Explain
Whaaa? I'm POLISH of course! I'm a Pole living in Sweden.. no English relatives.. whole family Polish. :gigi:

She appeared on TV apologizing and saying it was all her fault.
Oh yeah, I saw that on MTV... :yes: I thought she seemed really serious/tired/high when she said that.. :p I wonder what she meant by that though, 'cause she didn't make herself completely clear. Oh well.. In a couple of days Britney will do something even more outrageous and this will be forgotten.. :P

Unplugged
06-02-2004, 01:22
Oh well.. In a couple of days Britney will do something even more outrageous and this will be forgotten.. :P

Yeah, she'll probably get married with Madonna and get divorced the next day :lol:

That would be hillarious!

cirrus
06-02-2004, 01:38
Your mommy says "fucking"?
she says waaay more than that...

Do I have a Swedish accent?
I think Swedes and Americans sound similar. i've heard swedish people on tv, and they don't have too much of an accent.

whole family Polish.
like meeeeeee!

She appeared on TV apologizing and saying it was all her fault.
Wow, I really respect that. she took responsibility for her actions. but I'd respect more if she said: "Yeah, it's only my boob. It's no big deal. You people should be ashamed of yourselves!" That's what I would say. And people would criticize the Hell out of me for it, but atleast I'd have the balls to tell it like it is / should be.

Unplugged
06-02-2004, 01:52
I'd respect more if she said: "Yeah, it's only my boob. It's no big deal. You people should be ashamed of yourselves!"

So whould I, but she'd most likely be even more bashed by the media and the music industry. She knows she's dealing with hypocrites and fakes who are ready to bash her, so apologizing was a wise decision, I guess.

It's like what Madonna did with the first video of "American Life". I'd respect her more if she maintained the original version and provoke Bush, but as she saw that many people were offended at that her career could be at risk, she got the video off the air and apologized to the people who might have been offended... :rolleyes: Oh well.

Kate
06-02-2004, 02:12
Yuck! Her nipple piercing is disgusting, and disturbing... :ill:

coolasfcuk
06-02-2004, 02:12
Originally posted by cirrus
I think Swedes and Americans sound similar. i've heard swedish people on tv, and they don't have too much of an accent.
I knooooooow, 'cause they are soooo Americanized :rolleyes: .. and they learn English almost like its their own language :hmmm:

Of course she has to come and say that 'moombo-jumbo' .. lots of money involved.. and legal issues.. layers... complicated :hmmm: .... wish people could see what music channels we have in Bulgaria - CHALGA channels - which show kinky music videos (of very low quality) alllll day 24/7 :laugh: ... ask Queenie, she'll tell ya :lol:

coolasfcuk
06-02-2004, 02:43
well located the little video samples.. and keep in mind, those are the 'better' videos, there are some WAY worse :laugh:

.. i should probably be embarrased and not be posting this.. but such is the reality... :hmmm:

http://pop-folk-chalga-music.bulgariancds.com/cgi-bin/p.cgi?p=pr&id=631&st=7&si=343

http://pop-folk-chalga-music.bulgariancds.com/cgi-bin/p.cgi?p=pr&id=624&st=7&si=343

so kind of on the left side you see 'audio' and 'video' samples :gigi: .... and on the bottom is all the 'artists' CD covers, since those are BEST of .. or HIT collection CDs ha ha ha

so haku, that ooopsie incident on French TV .. happens almost all the time on 2 Bulgarian Channels.. non-stop! :laugh:

shizzo
06-02-2004, 02:51
Heh.
Nelly gropes his crotch repeatedly while performing, a man
streaks on the field with a thong designed like a football, and
Janet exposes a breast.

Woe betide she who taints "quality family entertainment".

:P

I think Swedes and Americans sound similar. i've heard swedish
people on tv, and they don't have too much of an accent.

Perhaps those who live no farther north than Stockholm. The
accent in northern Sweden is a lot thicker than in the south. I
can hear a slight skеnska accent when QueenBee talks. :P

spyretto
06-02-2004, 02:55
Originally posted by QueenBee
staringelf, Y.. no! :lalala: (Btw, that's an unfair stereotype :p)

you're right, that was totally inappropriate...by the way, have you any good new jokes with blondes?

goku
06-02-2004, 03:16
A few of you are too quick on jumping on the gun to such harsh critiques on American politics and government. The thing I belive with America is that they are too concerned and too afraid, media wise. Everything must be politically correct now. People are afraid to laugh and afraid to say how they really feel. This isn't only America though. And people can't do that. People always believe there will be a tomorrow to do things. And the sad thing is, that isn't always the case. Global terrorism has frighteningly been on the rise (for all of you sequential thinkers, please bear with me, I'm so gastalt).. I guess what I'm trying to say is people in general, not just America, need to stop worrying. There is not enough time not to. In Europe these things goes by almost nanchalantly; in America it's a scandal. No one is to blame. It's a clash of cultures.

coolasfcuk
06-02-2004, 03:25
Originally posted by cniaju
a man
streaks on the field with a thong designed like a football

is that what that was ? :laugh: !!! I completelly forgot about THAT... since by the time i could figure out what happened... the camera switched.. and was focused on some guys FACE forever!!!!!!! :rolleyes: and we were all going: "comeeeee oooooon, let us see the naked guyrunning on the field!!!!" ... when this happens @ soccer games around the world... the camera right away starts to follow the action :lol: ... blah!

Unplugged
06-02-2004, 12:51
Originally posted by coolasfcuk

.. i should probably be embarrased and not be posting this.. but such is the reality... :hmmm:

http://pop-folk-chalga-music.bulgariancds.com/cgi-bin/p.cgi?p=pr&id=631&st=7&si=343

http://pop-folk-chalga-music.bulgariancds.com/cgi-bin/p.cgi?p=pr&id=624&st=7&si=343

:lol: I've watched them! They're really trashy haha... But hey, at least you know that whenever you're in Bulgaria and you feel like having a laugh, just watch one of those channels :gigi: :done:

cirrus
06-02-2004, 22:37
WTF is wrong with people?

According to this article (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040206/od_uk_nm/oukoe_media_jackson_2) at yahoo.com:

A Tennessee woman has filed a class action suit against Janet Jackson and others involved in her breast-baring Super Bowl halftime show, saying millions of people are owed monetary damages for exposure to lewd conduct.

The suit says the defendants knew the broadcast would be watched by millions of families with children but they "included in the halftime show sexually explicit acts solely designed to garner publicity and ultimately to increase profits for themselves. The suit mentions the breast exposure but also says the show in general contained "other lewd and sexually explicit conduct."

how in the HELL is a breast "sexually explicit conduct" unsuitable for children and worthy of a fucking lawsuit! Even if Jackson's stunt was innapropriate, it's not enough to deserve legal action, and we are not intitled to monetary compensation (the article also mentions this). You don't understand how furious this makes me. Honestly, it's people like this that make me ashamed to say I am an American.

Unplugged
06-02-2004, 23:56
Honestly, it's people like this that make me ashamed to say I am an American.

Yeah, I understand you! It's unbelievable! :mad:

Celtic Jobber
07-02-2004, 04:36
I'm offended that Janet's nip was only out for two seconds... And during a football game, which is my least favorite sport in the world. What an outrage! :bebebe:

Somebody needs to think of the poor children! :eek:

But seriously, I think the parents here in America should be more concerned about their kids seeing all the violence during the football game, than seeing a woman's (mostly covered) breast.

Breasts are the things from which the milk of life flows. Not only that, but they're also beautiful.
(Although I have to admit I'd rather have seen Britney do a breast-baring stunt like this. ;) )

And that lady in TN who filed a lawsuit is just money-hungry. There's no way anyone could be that traumatised by a nipple. Unless of course, she's a psycho. :bum:

shizzo
07-02-2004, 06:55
A Tennessee woman has filed a class action suit against Janet
Jackson and others involved in her breast-baring Super Bowl
halftime show, saying millions of people are owed monetary
damages for exposure to lewd conduct.

Heh. Peoples here so crayzeh.
:: also Tennessean :: :D

I saw an interview with her on the Channel 2 news tonight.
She said that the "trauma of Janet's breast" literally caused her
to fall down. :P

Unplugged
07-02-2004, 13:52
And that lady in TN who filed a lawsuit is just money-hungry. There's no way anyone could be that traumatised by a nipple. Unless of course, she's a psycho.

Hmm... :hmmm:

I saw an interview with her on the Channel 2 news tonight.
She said that the "trauma of Janet's breast" literally caused her
to fall down. :P

...Yep. Psycho confirmed. :bebebe: :laugh:

parrish122
07-02-2004, 16:12
The trauma of Janet's breast...they make it sound like a terrorist attack!

I heard that some guy said he was so upset about it that it made him throw up. If this is true (I say that because I didn't hear it on the news, but from a co-worker) I'm amazed that there is a male out there willing to say a *breast* upset him that badly. You know he's going to get a lot of remarks at work once that news gets out!

Maybe, if this case makes it to court, Janet should call on character witnesses for her breast. People that have been around the breast in the past, and managed not to be wounded by the mere sight of it. Maybe some people that saw the breast in action at the superbowl would be willing to say that viewing the breast actually enriched their life. :)

Parrish

Lena410
08-02-2004, 14:11
:lol: it's still on some news. *shakes head*
Everyone I saw talk bout it was hardly managing to surpress their laughter..even the guys on tv had a lot to do so they would not laugh at the fuss this created. and all the interviews with janet and justin..saying they were sorry..then they weren't *lol* this is just too funny *laughs*