PDA

View Full Version : Further tatysite.net forum development

forre
26-01-2004, 21:47
Dear friends,

Administration of this forum would like to hear your opinions on an idea to widen up the general topic of the entire forum of tatysite.net, with a stress to pay less attention on the group itself but instead to develop new subforums. Any suggestions are welcome!

There's a poll with only two options. Please, explain your motivation if voted.

Thank you very much! :rose:

Kate
26-01-2004, 21:58
I think it'll be a good idea, since it'll be fantastic to have people on the forum who are not just focused on Tatu. :D

Good luck, Igor!

cirrus
26-01-2004, 22:00
I said "Yes"

What I like about this forum is that it's not all Tatu related, and there's lots of interaction in the General forum. I don't have many ideas for new subforums... maybe an area for funny/humor stuff and another for serious issues? I dunno :dknow:

QueenBee
26-01-2004, 22:09
I vote Yes too! :gigi: I think this forum has become more than just a Tatu forum, it's about us too and we're good friends.. so it's fun to discuss other things as well and.. who knows what ideas we'll come up with? Hehe.

teeny
26-01-2004, 22:31
it's about us too and we're good friends..
the temp forum being the perfect example. There weren't that many tatu threads in there and most posts were in the other forums.

I'll vote yes too :)

spyretto
26-01-2004, 22:48
yeah, the emphasis is already put on some of the other subforums ( like the general one, for example ) when Tatu's news are not very hot, so to develop it further sounds like a cool idea.

Lux
26-01-2004, 23:23
while i love the portion for tatu, the other parts of the forum are awesome because of all the people that visit. broadening it would be cool

taty994945
27-01-2004, 01:10
Yes, it will be good.

freddie
27-01-2004, 01:32
Definitely... if we don't expand it and eventualy concentrate it on other things then we're going towards an inevitable doom. Because we have to be realistic - there will come a day (maybe it's still far away but it will come eventualy) and we have to be prepared for it. :/

And I agree with Queenie completely... it became so much more then "just" a tatu forum. Really like a group of friends. We were initialy bound together by tatu, but then we discovered other common interests and so on... So my vote would be "yes. Definitely. A logical decision.

Airheadap
27-01-2004, 03:31
Yeah, since the girls havn't been very noteworthy... since Eurovision... broadening the forum is essential to its survival. Hell, Lena *told* a Swedish tabloid she's leaving. She may not be around tomorrow. And the forum would die, sooner or later. I voted yes.

0newinged
27-01-2004, 06:33
Sure :) like everyone has said this place is more then about the group, so many different people have come together to make this a great place to visit, more forums will just strengthen that :done: :cool:

Lena410
27-01-2004, 06:54
I voted yes for the reasons most of the people before me said. :done:

QueenBee
27-01-2004, 12:36
Wow, 100% on "Yes" so far.. :done:
If the forum disappeared with Tatu, I don't know WHAT I would have done! :eek: Scary thought.. :kwink:

forre
27-01-2004, 13:20
QueenBee, No one is thinking to take t.A.T.u. out. This part will remain as long as there's an interest in the group. Don't worry. :rose:

QueenBee
27-01-2004, 14:53
Hehe.. I know that forre :gigi: I meant, if Tatu would stop making records ( :rolleyes: ) and would end as a group, THEN if the forum would disappear (which it obviously would if it was ONLY about Tatu - which it's not :gigi: ) THEN.. :eek: :rose:

teeny
27-01-2004, 15:33
Originally posted by QueenBee
Wow, 100% on "Yes" so far.. :done:

Then again this question is placed in the general forum, so I take it most people who get to see it may be regulars in this part, and therefor wish to extend the features in here. While posters at tatu part only may not, or doesn't really care.
Anyway.. why am I even stating this? :rolleyes: It's a good thing for sure

Tom Violence
27-01-2004, 20:39
Is this intended as an attempt to improve the functionality of the forum for current users? Or is the idea that expanding the non-t.A.T.u. parts of the forum should elicit new members who need not necessarially have any interest in the group?

I am more keen on the former than the latter. I like t.A.T.u. fans, obsessive or otherwise, more than I like the population at large.

Mossopp
27-01-2004, 23:40
I'm inclined to agree with Tom Violence.
While I see nothing wrong with expanding the forums, in doing so we do run the risk of an influx of a lot of people who may not find tATu very favourable. In this instance I see a lot of fights and arguments kicking off which will make this forum a rather unpleasent place to be. :hmmm:
I happen to think that the non-tATu sections of the forum which we have at present are more than sufficient. We have a 'General' board, an 'Aquaintances' board, a 'Personal' board. a 'Music and Movies' board and a board for posting our creative musings. What more could we possibly need? If we generalise anymore we will no longer be a tATu fan collective - we'll just be a random bunch of people who happen to hang around on the same web space!

DAZ
28-01-2004, 02:09
*Daz goes to add to Mossop and Tom Violences Karma rating and realises he's on the wrong forum*

Seriously though what more could you add(except the Karma rating i mentioned where if someone makes a good post you applaud them.If they make a bad post you smite them.This rating usually appears under the persons name.You can only do this once per post)as this forum covers most stuff???

goku
28-01-2004, 02:23
forre, I thought this was only for the Russian forum?
Check the mods' "place", please.

Anyways, I do not think it should be so. We have expanded the forum enough, what else could we bring? In order to attract/keep people coming here, on the English forum I do not believe this is a big enough problem.

ypsidan04
28-01-2004, 02:44
Originally posted by katbeidar
I think it'll be a good idea, since it'll be fantastic to have people on the forum who are not just focused on Tatu. :D

I doubt it! :rolleyes: :no: All that would do is incite arguments. :mad:
Originally posted by Tom Violence
I like t.A.T.u. fans, obsessive or otherwise, more than I like the population at large.

Haha. :p Agreed. (a little while back I learned my aunt is a fan, not a huge fan, but she does have the CD :cool: )

denial
28-01-2004, 08:53
I agree with Mossopp and goku, .. I don't want to be with other people other than TATU fans. They don't understand us. So I voted 'No'. I get scary image in my head of
widen up the general topic of the entire forum of tatysite.net

Kate
28-01-2004, 09:28
All I have to say is Tatu are not in the centre of the Universe. And when Tatu will end, this forum will be still a part of our lives (at least the lives of some of us). And I see no harm in adding a few more section to the forum.

Igor is even thinking of a second domain for the forum. Any ideas?

Tom Violence
28-01-2004, 12:11
Kate, as I am sure you are aware, very few people at this forum only talk about t.A.T.u. - they were simply the common interest who brought us all here.

However all sections of the forum are currently very harmonious, comfortable places to be. It's not as if anybody here really has to suppress anything about themselves to fit in. Change the motivations people have for coming here, the make up of the place will inevitably change. I want this place to be a refuge from intolerant society, not a replica of it in miniature.

People here are very like-minded - as you might expect individuals attracted to a band with an overt message like t.A.T.u. to be. We get on well whether we are talking about t.A.T.u. or not. And because we appreciate each other, I imagine this place will live on after t.A.T.u. come to an end.

Anyway, as some of us have recently discovered, it's not even the case that all t.A.T.u. forums are especially rewarding to visit. Tatysite has struck a fine balance that ought not be tampered with too much. As Mossopp rightly points out, we already have a number of general forums, turning them into a dozen subforums would have no real value except to make navigation of the site more cumbersome for those of us on slow connections.

QueenBee
28-01-2004, 13:16
Well now I get scary images in my head too... Gah! You people! :p If we expand the forum even more (I still don't know what we would add - but the Russian forum seems to have 854596274 sections :p) I'm afraid non tatu fans would come here.. And well, Tatu fans obviously have nothing against homosexuality and since alot of people here are bi/gay expanding the forum could attract people who might be against homosexuality. But that's just a possibility... And us fans just have something special in common.. I don't know, but we're very much alike.. erm. I shall shut up now. :gigi:

teeny
28-01-2004, 15:21
Well now I get scary images in my head too... Gah! You people! :p
Lol yeah me too.. Didn't really think of the possibility that it would attract people who are not tatu fans to the forum. Guess it would ruin the common interest a bit.

haku
28-01-2004, 22:49
I haven't voted yet because i'm torn. I don't mind expanding the forum and attracting more people, but i want those people to be like us lol.

This place is special and it's certainly not a typical Tatu forum. People from other Tatu forums don't like us very much, they think that we criticize the band too much, that we are not "real" fans. But here we like the way we can talk freely about the band.

But most importantly, people here are tolerant and open-minded. The large majority of people here are bi or gay and they can be themselves without the fear of being judged or called names. I don't want that to change, i don't want to see this place flooded with people who have a problem with homosexuality. I don't even want to see debates on whether homosexuality is normal or abnormal. On this forum, it should always remain a given that any kind of love is normal and that it's not even open for discussion. This forum has to remain a welcoming and friendly place for bi and gay people.

But i do understand the concern of the administration for the future of this forum. The Tatu forum is almost dead. How many posts were made over there today? 10... 15? That's... pathetic LOL. A lot of people seem to have lost interest in the band.

QueenBee
28-01-2004, 22:52
Yeah, things aren't the way they were before.. somehow it all took a nasty turn when the documentary showed up. *Gulp* But I'm glad we are all still friends, even though some people never show up here anymore.. :( Makes me sad.

haku
28-01-2004, 23:56
Yeah, i know what you mean. :(

And about the Tatu forum, i mean, do you remember the huge debate there was when we had that article saying Yulia had bought a pink fur coat? LOL Well, today we actually have a picture of the coat and nothing, except you and Lena410, no one said anything, not even to say that Yulia looks hot. It's like people don't care about anything now. It's not a good sign for the future of the band.

crni
28-01-2004, 23:59
i couldn't agree with you more (the upper post) ;) ...and so i didn't vote yet, nor i will, cause everything you wrote stands. but i'm a bit more to "no"...

teeny
29-01-2004, 07:15
Originally posted by haku
But i do understand the concern of the administration for the future of this forum. The Tatu forum is almost dead. How many posts were made over there today? 10... 15? That's... pathetic LOL. A lot of people seem to have lost interest in the band.
Well for me the less posts doesn't really have something to do with being tired of tatu. I started school. When I get home I'm a bit tired. So I post less posts. Most are in the general forum. Since I would rather talk in here than post messages about how much I want to see the reality show.
I didn't comment the fur much in the first place. Looked good though. But no way I would want one for myself.

I don't listen to the albums that much now. Mostly because I haven't put them to my harddrive yet, and I rarely turn on the stereo. But still if one of the songs is mentioned I tend to go and put it on (unfair to mention the full album in a post now.. :lalala: )

The forum was pretty dead before Nichya arrived too.. it's natual to have active and less active periods, and I would think that if the reality show was capped, it would make the forum blossom again. It's really wierd discussing what we haven't seen.

Lux
29-01-2004, 19:57
its like .. when the documentary confirmed [to some degree] the fears and doubts of fans, it was the reason to stop caring. anger and bitterness ensued, and things are not the same as they used to be, unfortunately. before it was fanaticism, no limits and now ... its not.

Lena410
29-01-2004, 20:49
I agree with TLFdk. As far as I see it right now is one of the busiest periods for students. The pile of my work is bigger than I am so that could be a reason for people posting less. Plus everything has its ups and downs. *shrugs*

ypsidan04
30-01-2004, 02:05
Originally posted by denial
They don't understand us.

Exactly right. :done: :rolleyes: :(
Originally posted by katbeidar
All I have to say is Tatu are not in the centre of the Universe.

Well maybe not THE universe, but certainly our internet universe. ;)
I shall shut up now.

The day that happens will be a sad day. :(

:kwink:
Originally posted by haku
I don't want that to change, i don't want to see this place flooded with people who have a problem with homosexuality. I don't even want to see debates on whether homosexuality is normal or abnormal. On this forum, it should always remain a given that any kind of love is normal and that it's not even open for discussion. This forum has to remain a welcoming and friendly place for bi and gay people.

Same here. That would be a problem.
Yeah, things aren't the way they were before..

...they wouldn't even recognize us anymore. Not that they knew us back then. :heh:

I hear you. That documentary really changed things for a lot of people. It's changed very little for me, about the only difference is that I don't hold out any more hope that they were really telling the truth (although they weren't lying either). And we are still friends, but some people have permanently changed, much to my disappointment.

Khartoun2004
31-01-2004, 18:15
I voted yes, because its always good to be well rounded. Also we discuss other topics in the forum already so my organization is a good idea.

forre
01-02-2004, 17:00
There's a suggestion on the Russian Forum to add:

Sports
High-Tech
and separate Music and Movies

What do you think?

Lena410
01-02-2004, 17:18
sounds like a good idea! :D

haku
01-02-2004, 22:41
Originally posted by forre
Sports
High-Tech
and separate Music and Movies

What do you think?
Why not, i have nothing against that. High-tech? That would be a geek section, right? :D

teeny
02-02-2004, 08:39
I'm totally up for the geeks section :D
And music and movies seperately sounds great too :yes:

Kate
02-02-2004, 22:37
There is an idea floating around on the Russian forum: Let's give out awards to longest members and members with most posts, forum supporters etc.

Igor, approved of it, but we need stars and bedges. The size has to be pretty small, something like so: http://4d5.net/boardimages/star.gif

Any thoughts?

QueenBee
02-02-2004, 22:51
Aaaw.. fun idea Kat! I'm all up for it. :yes:

Kate
02-02-2004, 22:59
QueenBee, I was wondering, will you be able to make us some unique, cute little stars? So we can award them to people? I love your avatars, and your Tatu fan-site design, so I bet you can make some real kewl lil' stars, too! :D

teeny
02-02-2004, 23:09
how is the nomination thing going? isn't it almost the same? :hmmm:
But sounds like fun.

Kate
02-02-2004, 23:13
TLFdk, in this case people are chosen by the number of posts etc. I'm not sure...

The TatySite.net awards are ready to be given out, I'm just not sure who is going to count the votes, me of coolasfcuk... :hmmm:

We are all about fun on this forum. :gigi:

QueenBee
02-02-2004, 23:22
katbeidar, yeah I'll try to make stars.. hehe.. bah.. now I'm nervous they'll look really bad :gigi: I just need to know what color?

I forgot to mention that I think the idea Forre posted sounds good too. :yes:

PS. If you need help with counting the votes, I'm all up for it.

haku
02-02-2004, 23:26
Ooh, stars sound cool he he :D

What color? Hum, not yellow, because yellow stars are so blah... and not red. :gigi: Purple maybe?

Kate
02-02-2004, 23:35
QueenBee, if you wanna count votes, go for it. Don't cheat! :heh:

Don't worry about the color, do whatever color you like. In fact, make all 7 colors of the rainbow, that way no one will lose. :D

QueenBee
02-02-2004, 23:41
No problems! :gigi: I'll count the votes and then? Should I PM the results to you?

I'll also try finding a way to make kewl stars. :gigi: Just don't get mad at me if you think they're ugly.. :hmmm:

haku
02-02-2004, 23:46
Since this is the Forum of Doom, maybe our stars should point down. :laugh:

teeny
18-02-2004, 16:51
wondering: what happened to the computer, sport, movie, music (..) sections? :spy:
Did we even decide to create the seperate ones? :lalala:

ypsidan04
06-10-2004, 01:38
I have to vote yes, or risk being hypocritical - since 60, maybe 75 percent of the things I talk about around here these days is not Tatu related (a lot about Bush, and other music)

Kate
06-10-2004, 02:35
Will anyone be interested in Igor creating a "Politics" forum?

Tom Violence
06-10-2004, 16:55
I don't see how this would do anything to improve the functionality of the forum. Most of the general boards only have one or two new threads at any one time. When I was on a dial-up connection it was very time consuming opening them all. It still seems like a needless hassle now.

It's not as if the general board is ever swamped with new threads.

Kate
06-10-2004, 19:08
Tom Violence, I think the whole reason for changing the direction of the forum is to attract new members and increase activity. :)

forre
06-10-2004, 20:20
Since the main page is still about the group, it will be hard to attract people interested in politics. We don't have a lot of activity in the exsisting political threads, so I presume the Politics part will stay pretty "dead" then. We may wait and see.

Mossopp
06-10-2004, 20:22
"Increased activity" would be good but - and maybe I'm being an ol' stick-in-the-mud here - I don't particularly want to "attract new members". The current members are all best buds and, dare I say it, are like a little self-sufficient family already. Most of the new members that we do get only post once or twice and then vanish off the face of the planet anyway.
If the ultimate goal is to broaden the focus of these boards to Russian music in general, then any new members we do attract will be Russian and that is hardly gonna benefit the English-speaking portion of the tatysite community, is it? The only native English-speakers that would be interested in the Russian music scene would be tATu fans. And I think we've just about got as many of them as we're ever likely to at this late stage in the tATu saga.
As for the proposal of a 'Politics' board, it's a good idea but ultimately rather pointless as the majority of members all share the same political ideals anyway. It's kinda difficult to stir up a rousing and lively debate when everyone already agrees with each other. A 'Politics' board could go either way. It could stir up some much needed healthy debate or it could decend into utter chaos. I used to be a regular poster on a random discussion site who decided to add a board for political debate. There was so much fighting, mud-slinging, name-calling and general unpleasantness that the whole site was closed for over a week and, when it finally did re-open, all political discussion was banned completely to avoid any more conflict.
The only reason I still post here is because I like the other members so much. It's got nothing to do with tATu, or the volume of new posts each day, or any interest I may have in Russia or it's crappy chart music. If those things were a factor in my participation here I would have buggered off long ago!

Kate
06-10-2004, 20:43
forre, as far as I understand the current situation after talking to Igor, if we change the direction of this website, the domain will change and only the forum will be left. That's the idea I got anyway. And if the site takes a more general direction of Russian music, all kinds of English speaking people who are interested in Russian music will come here (remember the domain will change and the "Tatu" part won't scare people away any longer), and of those people there might be some interested in politics.

Anyway, it's still a long shot.

teeny
08-10-2004, 10:51
I still think skipping tatu all together will be a bad idea. It's not like the tatu section at the moment interfers with the generel discussions at all.
As for attracting new members I'm with mossopp - the reason why I'm here is because of the old members. The lack of posts from my side isn't because it's the same old people around here, it's more because I don't really have that much to say. I guess it basicly comes down to if people are happy with the quiet times around here or not. Is it that much better to be a bunch of people instead where noone really knows eachother?

Dunno.. Think I voted yes to a seperate movie and music section, but actually lately it hasn't really been a problem at all with the way things are at the moment. Basicly if tatu goes and discussions take of in every direction I'll disappear. I initially joined to have a place to discuss tatu, and had I wanted to discuss eg. politics, tenical stuff or anything else I would have joined a forum for just that in danish instead.

haku
08-10-2004, 11:25
I still think skipping tatu all together will be a bad idea.I agree with that, which is why i proposed to add other Russian artists next to Tatu inside a big Russian Music section.
A lot of members here are interested in many Russian artists, not just Tatu, that would allow people to have a central place, in English, to discuss the various Russian artists they like.

You haven't voted in my thread about this idea though. :(
http://forum.tatysite.net/showthread.php?t=7945

Kate
08-10-2004, 20:25
teeny, how do you know that some of the new people, that might come here if we change the forum slightly, won't become our good friends, too? ;) They will share the same interests with us if they stick around. And, if they break the rules, we'll sort things out accordingly. Nothing to worry about. We have to open up the windows a bit, it's getting stuffy in here.

forre
08-10-2004, 20:29
As I said before we don't seem to have a lot of debates or interest generally in politics here and to widen up the whole forum streaching over all possible subjects will make this forum as anything else. Russian music in Rnglish? That's the good idea. I'm all for it.

Kate
08-10-2004, 21:47
forre, we're not just talking about the politics forum. :rolleyes: Look at the big picture - if we do change the theme of the site to Russian music, there will be more visitors (as more people are interested in Russian music then those who are interested in Tatu); more visitors will mean we'll have a greater diversity of opinions, view points, interests, characters... etc etc. So we'll naturally need more forums to discuss it in.

But as I said, even changing the theme of the forum is a long shot. We still need a new domain name, since the "tatu" part will scare people away - not everyone in the world likes them. Lol.

Tom Violence
08-10-2004, 21:50
I really don't want people who would be 'scared away' by t.A.T.u. to be coming here.

Kate
08-10-2004, 22:01
Tom Violence, what's not to be scared away by? Bad music? Fake image? There's virtually nothing to like about Tatu nowadays, anyway.

As I said, it's getting stuffy on TatySite.net, we need to open up the doors for new people, with different opinions.

Tom Violence
08-10-2004, 22:21
If you find nothing to like about t.A.T.u. at present, fine. Yours might be a widely held opinion, but it can hardly be presented as fact. Not that I'm interested in discussing t.A.T.u.'s current state here and now.

The question at the moment is whether this forum needs new people or not. I don't agree that it does. Certainly in life it's great to meet a variety of people, but this is an internet messageboard and therefore somewhat different. On a messageboard when people disagree about subjects close to them, it rarely resolves itself into interested, polite discussion. As I should imagine you're more than aware.

I'd rather retain the atmosphrere we have now. It may be quiet, but we have a great, supportive group of people. And I still believe the place will become busier again when t.A.T.u. eventually become active again. I'm prepared to wait.

teeny
09-10-2004, 19:51
I really don't want people who would be 'scared away' by t.A.T.u. to be coming here.exactly
Like I said in my previous post: I came here because of my interest for tatu. And I got to know people because of tatu. I don't mind discussions about other topics, groups whatever..
I basicly don't really have the same interest in other russian groups, but I don't mind that other members has an interest in the other groups. It's music either way.
To make the main subject at the forum to be some whole new thing is where I don't really share the interest.I don't post in that many other threads that isn't about something about tatu or the members around here. I know that if new members has interest in eg. politics I won't get to know them.