PDA

View Full Version : tell us...

DinoBora
15-12-2003, 23:46
People livin here, What are your thoughts about russian tatu forum in general, it's regular members,opinions beeing expressed there and so on... I am asking you about that because discussion regarding tatu documentary have shown again that russian forum and english forum are so different...share your thoughts...certainly if you have one...:)

thanx to everybody in advance

QueenBee
16-12-2003, 06:58
Well I really don't know, because I have never been in the Russian forum (and the few times that I was, I never understood anything, hehe) but they seem more "relaxed" and.. uh.. what was that expression.. down to earth? They don't get "freaked out" and I think they know more about Tatu than many of us do :heh:. They seem more calm and just having a fun time.. am I right?

Bitty2002
16-12-2003, 07:17
I do not go there often, but usually whenever there is bigger news I do. THis time because of the Documentary and because only Russians basically have seen it.

I cannot understand Russian really well. Therefore, I can get the meaning, but not sarcasm or wit. I cannot tell if comments are straight forward or jokes. I guess I just feel that a few of the members on there give a condescending view of the English forum. Maybe we are not as relaxed as the Russian forum. There are more cultures here, trying to mix. We have more "English not as their first language" members here and we have younger members. All of this can lead to misunderstandings, debates, arguments, etc. The Russian forum doesn't seem to have these problems as much. It is probably filled with more fans that are fans because the girls are the first Russians to really make it outside Russia, whereas on the English forum it is probably because of their image and message. Thsi is why we are more reactive to the news in the documentary. I am not including loving them for the music of course.

Basically it seems a few Russian members like to mock at how silly we act. And maybe we do to some, but it hurts to read. Because all of us are being judged by these actions. So when certain members run to the Russian forum to complain about how ridiculous and fragile we are, it only leads to further the divide between us.

It is basically like our forum mocking tatugirls. Maybe it is funny and deserved, in comparison, but it still isn't polite or right to do. Hell, I was one making fun of tatugirls. I understand why someone might do it. It makes them feel superior, etc. But I want to enjoy visiting the Russian forum without fear of being belittled.

I am NOT talking about the majority of people on that forum, seriously. Most people are not saying anything wrong. But there are a few very verbal people, hell, some that like to stir up things on both forums. It just hurts to read that a culture and people I am very interested in and studying about will have a negative view of English forumers.

PS- Oh and thank you for your response on the Russian forum. I realize that it is cultural difference and I may not get sarcasm. I read too seriously. I am sorry.

irish22
17-12-2003, 07:16
well russians have a different prespective on things and a different sense of humor as well and as well most of them knew the truth about the girls not everyone form the english for did so it wasn;t as such a shock