PDA

View Full Version : Unearthly Tranquility

volkotina
06-12-2003, 06:23
As is obvious, I decided to post another poem because no matter how much I would love to deny it...I do like to see what others think of my writing abilities. Of course, I only want to hear positive comments. ^_~ No, seriously, I do. lol (me too funny!)

Anyway, this is one of my faves and with the upcoming Holidays, I thought I'd post a happier one. I wrote this at a point when ALL I wrote was dark and depressing. And while I still favor those(even though I have been in a much better place for awhile now and am amazingly in love and loved...thanks to you, Boo Bear!), I really look at this poem as the light within my darkness. No matter how sad I generally felt at the time, it made me realize I still had hope within.

Dear Jehosaphat, will I EVER shut-up?! (nobody better answer that! lol) Well, here goes:

"Unearthly Tranquility"

Within my dreams emotions rise-
A land, a time in which my dreams live.
Upon the blue light in the skies,
Lies a world where people give.

Color is a thing of the past-
Hope and love eternal.
No more praying that peace will last,
For now it is immortal.

So with these dreams I awake
To find life as it was before;
But now I know what awaits-
And shall turn my back no more!

guesshoo
08-12-2003, 02:45
i like.
interesting.
interesting indeed.

Echoed
09-12-2003, 04:03
I like the message there.
Verrah coo'. ^_^

~Echo.

volkotina
09-12-2003, 21:22
Thank you both, guesshoo and Echoed, for the feedback. It is most appreciated. ^_^ I was glad to find that I had garnered two replies and neither were, "Shut the hell up, you rambling ass!"...those were sent through PMs. lol