PDA

View Full Version : Earning Money

QueenBee
04-12-2003, 18:52
Weeeell, I have reached rock bottom (actually I don't think I have, it's just an expression)! I need to buy new furniture for my room which will cost a couple of thousand dollars and we're short on money so I came here to ask how I can earn some money on my own? Yeah it might seem weird because I'm only 14, but I am sure there is SOMETHING?! The only thing I will NOT do is handle out newspapers. I've done that before and although it paid pretty good, it was the most horrifying thing I have ever been through, heh...

I would do webdesign but it doesn't pay very good and I don't have time nor feel like doing art for other people (it will most likely end with me saving it for myself).

Any help here?

Mossopp
04-12-2003, 19:13
I never had a job when I was a kid. If I needed money really badly back then I'd just sell some of my old CD's or videos. I doubt that'd earn you enough to get new furniture but I was able to get myself tickets to a helluva lot of gigs back in the day by flogging CD's to my mates!
I guess you could try babysitting (although I'd keep that for a last resort if I were you!). You could do housework for people or walk their dogs for them. I dunno - there's not really a lot of job opportunitys open to you when you're only 14!
Of course, if you really have reached "rock-bottom" and feel you can't get any lower you could always get people to give you dares for money. I made Ј7 for myself when I was your age cos some 'friends' paid me to drink vinegar and smoke a biscuit wrapper.
Sorry. I'm not really helping am I?! :laugh:

QueenBee
04-12-2003, 19:45
LOL. Babysitting.. gaaah... just kill me while you're at it :P Well it's not like I'm gonna pay ALL by myself, but since only my mother is working we can't really afford THAT much so I thought I'd help (I'm not generous, it's just that those are MY furniture, heh). Dares sound good, I'd do almost anything extreme but I doubt my friends would pay me.. :D

PowerPuff Grrl
05-12-2003, 02:45
What is the legal age to work in ... your country?

When I was 14, I remember some of my friends working at some fast food joints. Uh, I don't think they'd reccomend that though. I volunteered at the library, then later worked there. I can honestly say, even now, that it was the best job I ever had... as of yet.

Other than that though, I think you're going to have to wait awhile there, not too many people employ 14 year olds. Of course, that depends on your country's labour laws.

spyretto
05-12-2003, 02:55
Buy the furniture with monthly instalments.

skye
05-12-2003, 14:58
QueenBee, how about being a baby-sitter? at the age of 14 is too young to find a job unless your relatives had stores and they need some to help especially in rush time. :none: that's when I was even younger than you, I helped my grandfather to sell fish and he gave me money, or I had ever been a street artist. I don't know about your country, in my country, being a tutor(especially for English or Math) is quite common for an university student and of course if you are really good at some subject, you could join some test and win some licence you could have your own student even you are so young...
Now I'm over 18, there is no restrict for me ... but it's really tired if you have to finish your college and have a part-time working at the same time :none:

Devilish Yulia
06-12-2003, 09:52
well......ill just ask mum and dad for money!!!