PDA

View Full Version : Reality Show with t.A.T.u.! - General Thread.

nasnedagoniat
27-11-2003, 16:06
Tatu's official website is back online! ******** It hasn't really changed, at least not yet. The only thing that's different is the news and the stuff about the reality show. They explain more about the new tatu reality show. It also has news about a concert on Dec. 18 in St. Petersburg, Russia if that wasn't already common knowledge. Hopefully one of the Russian/English speaking forum members can fill us in.

xena225
27-11-2003, 16:31
nasnedagoniat, very cool, thanks for letting us know!

I tried to read the Reality Show info with help of Babelfish, and wow! it sounds really interesting! And brave, if I may say so, letting the whole world watch the creative process in such detail... But good for us, I guess. :cool:

There's also more info on the Tokyo Dome concerts, and I SO WANNA BE THERE! :yes: If I read it correctly, a DVD/video of the highlights will be released after the World Tour concerts?!

And wow... The St. Petersburg concert hall can house 30,000 people... Another big event coming up, I guess. :done:

It's really great to read all that. :)

xena225

forre
28-11-2003, 02:01
nasnedagoniat, Thank you! Had to change the title of the thread though because the show will be on soon. I hope it's okay.

More:

Reality Show with t.A.T.u.
Group t.A.T.u. starts to work with their new album in the beginning of December. Ivan Shapovalov announced earlier this year that the process of recording would be turned into a reality show. A few cameras will be set on around the clock in the studio Sky Room which is located on the 13th floor of the Pekin Hotel in Moscow. Several TV channels will broadcast the sessions simultaneously. The main peculiarity of the album is that the songs written by absolutely unknown to public songwriters. Anyone can become a songwriter on the condition that this person is able to create a world hit.

During this reality show the singers of t.A.T.u. together with their producer will be evaluating and choosing the best compositions sent to them. You may contribute with a composition to the address: Ivan Shapovalov/t.A.T.u., Podnebesnaya, 123001 Moscow.

The reality show will be broadcasted by CTC channel during 2004.

Source: dni.ru

nasnedagoniat
28-11-2003, 02:35
Fantastic! I want to write for Tatu. I hope it's open to the world.

cirrus
28-11-2003, 03:12
they don't cease to amaze me. I like writing/making music, and the idea that they could accept my song and use it is unbelievable.

...and it sounds like they've run out of ideas and now it's up to the people. oh well. i think it sounds neat. :)

elf
28-11-2003, 04:08
On the official website, they also mention that the cameras will support online streaming and everybody in the world will be able to see t.A.T.u. live!!! :yes: Unlike any other author, t.A.T.u. are willing to show the whole process of their album creation to the whole world :)

xena225
28-11-2003, 04:30
Originally posted by elf
On the official website, they also mention that the cameras will support online streaming and everybody in the world will be able to see t.A.T.u. live!!! :yes: Unlike any other author, t.A.T.u. are willing to show the whole process of their album creation to the whole world :)

Oh goodie. I'll spend even more time online. Great. *grins* :cool:

If anyone could translate the info on the official site, it would be very much appreciated... The info there is much more detailed. Thank you! :)

http://rus.tatu .ru/index.phtml?id=863
[leave out the blank space between "tatu" and ".ru" to see the website address]

:rose:

xena225

Lux
28-11-2003, 05:56
this is interesting. thanks nasnedogoniat

seems like ivan is getting the most out of the process, no? the girls are filming themselves and literally themselves, filming during the recording process, what else what else
using almost every facet to create more media coverage for tatu. ingenius. :D

Pop!
28-11-2003, 06:47
i hope the footage is eventually made into a DVD

elf
28-11-2003, 07:09
Originally posted by xena225
If anyone could translate the info on the official site, it would be very much appreciated... The info there is much more detailed. Thank you! :)

I'll try to translate it tomorrow, xena :)

Tom Violence
28-11-2003, 10:45
This may even be worth buying a television for.

Lena410
28-11-2003, 14:18
wow! this sounds great..I would love to write for tatu..*sigh*
:D yipee..I'm so looking forward to this show :p

raven ryuu
28-11-2003, 14:36
Dear Lord...I hope I get to see this! Let me be the first to make a request to our Russian members -- can someone please vidcap this for those who cannot watch Russian TV? *pretty please, with whip cream on top* :rose:

I think it's cool that t.A.T.u. aren't afraid to show their album-making process to the world :done: I can see it now -- Lena and Yulia, in the studio, with large headphones on, standing in front of recording mics... *keeps dreaming* :D

irish22
28-11-2003, 23:01
cool i hope when they show it ppl will cap the show for us so we can see and i love there idea of letting ppl send in songs i may send in one of my peoms all though it isn't up to snuff lol.

Kate
29-11-2003, 00:28
More Insight

Rumor has it that Shapovalov got the idea of making this reality show to earn enough money to release Tatu's next album, since he blew all Tatu's savings on his other projects: "7B" and Katya Nechaeva, as well as had a huge fight with Universal about the constant delays of the new album release date.

nasnedagoniat
29-11-2003, 02:10
That's exactly what I was thinking, since the producers now-a-days control all of the money an artist makes. :rolleyes:It was so much better when the record company actually recieved the money from album sales and distributed it to everyone who had something to do with the project, the little that they did distribute after all of the expenses were paid. :ithink:

elf
29-11-2003, 09:14
Here is my promised translation of the official news article. Suprisingly it ommits a few detail mentioned by dni.ru. Anyway, enjoy :)

t.A.T.u.: Reality Show - official news from www.tatu.ru

The recording of the new t.A.T.u. album as a reality show.
Lena Katina, Yulia Volkova and their producer Ivan Shapovalov will be working on their second album in "Podnebesnaya" (Under-the-sky). This new and now permanent residence of "Neformat" is a specially equipped 13th floor of "Peking" hotel in the center of Moscow. Apart from the cutting edge musical and recording equipment, the place will be equipped with online streaming cameras, which will allow millions of viewers to observe everything that takes place in “Podnebesnaya” in real time mode. Moreover, 4 cameras will be placed outside facing North, West, East, and South. It has been arranged with the channel transmitting the show that live 45 minute broadcasts will take place up to the release date of the album. Thus, the process of recording of the new t.A.T.u. album will become a series of live TV programs unified by a single idea. Up to now, there has not been a single musician who would willingly show the whole process of song creation, not to mention the private moments related to it, to the world. The viewers will have a chance to get familiar with the new songs long before the release date of the album. As a rule, the artistic process is hidden from other up to the release of a finished product. Recording their new album, t.A.T.u. will do exactly the opposite. You may witness their artistic crisis or inspirations, and, maybe, you will find out something incredible about the lives of the girls by simply observing what they do on their own, for example… The main peculiarities are the artistic process, the unpredictability and the absence of any script! The viewers will see Lena Katina and Yulia Volkova just as they are. Up to now, all the information about the girls has always been delivered through the third parties: tv programs, photo sessions, interviews, etc. Now it will be a direct contact – one on one with the audience. They will certainly know that they are being watched – but now always when. The two girls are ready to show practically every aspect of their artistic lives, inner world, and relationships with others. This is yet another attempt to see love, yet another attempt to show it.

elf
29-11-2003, 09:19
since he blew all Tatu's savings on his other projects: "7B" and Katya Nechaeva
Hehe, doesn't sound very realistic considering how many albums they've sold. He would probably be able to start up 200 t.A.T.u.'s and still have some money left. Oh well , if you trust all the rumors, then I suppose Lena is 9 month pregnant now :p

nasnedagoniat
29-11-2003, 15:48
Thanks very much elf. Sounds like it will be a great show. I feel nervous for the girls though. I've never really seen a live and unedited "making the album" type show. It sounds scary and exciting at the same time.

forre
29-11-2003, 16:52
The reality show is certainly a cool idea but what I find worth of attention too is the fact that it points to further delays in the album release. First he says the material has been already recorded and now he'll be choosing the compositions! Okay, let's say they'll be choosing and choosing and then recording and then mixing and mastering and then the record company needs some time to produce the CD .... So when are we going to hear the Russian version? Just make a wild guess who dares because I don't. That's a little bit confusing.

spyretto
29-11-2003, 23:52
Their future is not really that great if they're hoping that the fans will come up with the material for the next album. What an embarassment :bebebe:

Rumor has it that Shapovalov got the idea of making this reality show to earn enough money to release Tatu's next album, since he blew all Tatu's savings on his other projects: "7B" and Katya Nechaeva, as well as had a huge fight with Universal about the constant delays of the new album release date.

Well, at least he's trying to do something. I think that effectively, the international career of Tatu is certainly over..now they're trying to earn as much money as possible out of their last grains of popularity.

Although...in Russia things may be different , I have a feeling that Tatu will concentate their careers there. For how long, I don't know, I'm not familiar with how Russian showbusiness works.
That's what I think and I'm not saying so because I don't like Tatu. I'm a fan of the album and the girls. But things are becoming clearer now..that "Nichya" song is a desperate attempt to capture some of their former glory to no avail. Tatu are almost finished internationally and will take a miracle to have another hit. As for Japan, well, their popularity will wear out sooner or later. Without new material there's no future for Tatu. No matter how many stunts Shapovalov pulls.

There was always that possibility...I don't know how they came up with the first album anyway, may have been one brilliant moment that happens once in a lifetime. But Tatu as a musical band - not as a project - is a complete joke. They're virtually non-existent.
Great project, not much left as ideas are running out, I'm afraid.

I can't see how things can kickstart, I really can't. :( Here, Tatu are treated as part of history, already.

nasnedagoniat
30-11-2003, 00:59
Well, what exactly was Nichya, besides a failed attempt. Where did it come from? Just like forre, I'm confused. Several people from Tatu camp said that the album was nearing completion and now this. What happened to those songs? What happened to the songs produced by Mars Lasar? There's proof that he produced a few tracks on the infamous 2nd album. Unless he is also a liar.

The only logical sense that can be made out of this, happens to be very illogical. A surprise! Tatu will release two Russian albums instead of one. The first album will have the songs that were said to be complete, and the second will have the songs from the reality show. More money for Ivan, more entertainment for us. Another scenario is that the reality show is not going to be that real. The songs are already chosen and recorded and Tatu will only act as if they are choosing and recording songs. Making all of us view the songs as something they are not.:ithink:

xena225
30-11-2003, 01:30
Originally posted by elf
[tatu. ru:] The viewers will see Lena Katina and Yulia Volkova just as they are. Up to now, all the information about the girls has always been delivered through the third parties: tv programs, photo sessions, interviews, etc. Now it will be a direct contact – one on one with the audience.
elf, thank you for the translation! Sounds exciting, and if it really can be watched online, I'll definitely be there. :)

Originally posted by forre
[dni.ru:] The main peculiarity of the album is that the songs written by absolutely unknown to public songwriters. Anyone can become a songwriter on the condition that this person is able to create a world hit. During this reality show the singers of t.A.T.u. together with their producer will be evaluating and choosing the best compositions sent to them.
I wonder where exactly this info originates from? I couldn't find it on the Tatu. Ru website. There is nothing in the News Section about it anyway. :dknow:

xena225

spyretto
30-11-2003, 04:50
two albums??? :hmmm: :bum:

Interesting idea but I smell failed "publicity stunt" again. A reality show based on Tatu's recording of their second album? Oh yes, it's a soap opera indeed. One year in the making and they haven't even started yet ;)

Lux
30-11-2003, 07:18
if all goes as said, we'll get too see alot more

i wonder if we'll see if they've got anything to hide after all
this is very exciting, corresponds with posing nude very much.

spyretto
30-11-2003, 07:30
you like it eh ? :D
Tatu the mobile soap opera. They're an opera anyway, why not open up to the public and make some more bucks?

something like the Osbournes a la Tatu. It can be a big hit with MTV russkie ;)

elf
01-12-2003, 01:57
I wonder where exactly this info originates from? I couldn't find it on the Tatu. Ru website. There is nothing in the News Section about it anyway. :dknow:

That's what I was thinking too. This info has not been officially confirmed and the only sourse of infromation comes from the infamous "Lena-pregnant" dni.ru :) Maybe they simply read the official website and let their imagination fill in the gaps :rolleyes:

cirrus
01-12-2003, 02:11
Originally posted by nasnedagoniat
Another scenario is that the reality show is not going to be that real. The songs are already chosen and recorded and Tatu will only act as if they are choosing and recording songs.

Good point. The recording process has been really annoying. First it's "we are working on it" then "the songs are written but not recorded" then "we are writing the songs now" to "ummmm.... TV show!!!" I don't get it.

The only logical sense that can be made out of this, happens to be very illogical.

Ivan and his genius ways. All of Tatu's mistakes have painted them into a corner. They have to work hard if they want to keep up. No new music = no future

I think the TV show is a great idea... if it had been done a year ago.

spyretto
01-12-2003, 20:38
That's what I was thinking too. This info has not been officially confirmed and the only sourse of infromation comes from the infamous "Lena-pregnant" dni.ru Maybe they simply read the official website and let their imagination fill in the gaps

elf it's also on their official website, tatu. ru
although, the "bridge" march and Rammstein were also on the official website. So dni.ru and tatu. ru are equally reliable sources :gigi:

xena225
01-12-2003, 21:01
Originally posted by spyretto
elf it's also on their official website, tatu. ru

Could you please post the link to this specific info on tatu. ru ?
I checked the site and couldn't find it.

It's this part of the dni.ru article I couldn't find on tatu. ru: "During this reality show the singers of t.A.T.u. together with their producer will be evaluating and choosing the best compositions sent to them. You may contribute with a composition to the address:..."

Thanks.

By the way, nowhere in the dni.ru article does it say that the songs for the album haven't been chosen yet. The dni.ru article only claims that everyone can send in a composition and that they'd be choosing and evaluating the best one/ones during the reality show. Nowhere does it say that they will be recording this song/these songs for this album. But who knows? Maybe someone sends in a real gem of a song, and they do decide to record it. Who knows? ;)

xena225

spyretto
01-12-2003, 21:18
Their English section of their site is down or not working at all.

But in the Russian page of their site you find this text,

which, by the use of a dodgy translator, translates like that:

. A.T.u.: realiti-show
Record of a new album t. A.T.u. in a format of realiti-show. Lena Katin, JUlja Volkova and the producer of group Ivan Shapovalov will work above
The second album in Celestial - new and constant residence Neformata - specially equipped 13-th floor of hotel Peking in the center of Moscow. Besides the advanced musical equipment, in Celestial chambers online of an announcement that will allow millions televiewers to observe in a mode a ril-time of all Further will be established

xena225
01-12-2003, 21:22
But in the Russian page of their site you find this text,
. A.T.u.: realiti-show
Record of a new album t. A.T.u. in a format of realiti-show. Lena Katin, JUlja Volkova and the producer of group Ivan Shapovalov will work above
The second album in Celestial - new and constant residence Neformata - specially equipped 13-th floor of hotel Peking in the center of Moscow. Besides the advanced musical equipment, in Celestial chambers online of an announcement that will allow millions televiewers to observe in a mode a ril-time of all Further will be established

spyretto, elf already translated this page (and the more extensive info on the next page as well). His translation is on page 1 of this thread. But where does it say that people can send in compositions which will be chosen and evaluated during the reality show? dni.ru added this info, but it's not on tatu. ru - that was my question. :)

xena225

spyretto
01-12-2003, 21:26
Then why did you ask where is the article? I think that particular info - about picking the best songs and including them in the album - exists somewhere, maybe on this site.

Well, this is what tatysite.net writes but doesn't it imply that you can be the songwriter of the next Tatu hit?

t.A.T.u. starts to work with their new album in the beginning of December. Ivan Shapovalov announced earlier this year that the process of recording would be turned into a reality show. A few cameras will be set on around the clock in the studio Sky Room which is located on the 13th floor of the Pekin Hotel in Moscow. Several TV channels will broadcast the sessions simultaneously. The main peculiarity of the album is that the songs are written by absolutely unknown songwriters. Anyone can become a songwriter on the condition that this person is able to create a world hit.

During this reality show the singers of t.A.T.u., together with their producer, will be evaluating and choosing the best compositions sent to them. You may contribute with a composition to the address: Ivan Shapovalov/t.A.T.u., Podnebesnaya, 123001 Moscow.

Well, what can I say, ask forre. Or you can check all the Russian sites to see where Vanya put that advert :)

xena225
01-12-2003, 21:38
Then why did you ask where is the article?

I think it was a misunderstanding. When elf wrote: "This info has not been officially confirmed and the only sourse of infromation comes from the infamous "Lena-pregnant" dni.ru", he was actually replying to my question where the specific dni.ru info that people can send in compositions which will be chosen and evaluated by Ivan, Lena and Yulia during the reality show came from. Apparently it's not on tatu. ru, so where does the info come from? That's all I was asking. :)

Some here were also implying - because of that dni.ru info - that possibly the songs for the album haven't been chosen yet. In my opinion the article doesn't say so at all, but that's another discussion. *shrugs* :)

xena225

spyretto
01-12-2003, 21:48
yes, I think I didn't get you...but what do you think about that?

It reads as if it's posted by Neformat. They have the address where you can send your compositions. I don't think that dni.ru people made it from the top of their heads.

Some here were also implying - because of that dni.ru info - that possibly the songs for the album haven't been chosen yet. In my opinion the article doesn't say so at all, but that's another discussion. *shrugs*

I haven't got the slightest clue. You may well remember Tatu's press conference at the beginning of the year where Shapovalov was saying that the album is ready, let alone that the songs were chosen...beginning of the year... :bum:

Disengage
02-12-2003, 00:15
I really hope the tv show thing isn't true.

I hate reality shows.

kr0k0
02-12-2003, 02:31
I was suprised too about the start recording from december, as I knew they started from november. And about this reality show I hope it will be a transmission only once per week, not every day. In this case I think it's a good idea, to know about the advances of the recording. And maybe this reality show is the price for that new equippment. The idea of sending songs to their headquarter looks as if they lack compositions, or ideas, but maybe will prove to be a good idea. Malchik-gey was made like that, as I remeber ... Ha, everyone is concerned about the future of Tatu, but looking to their 2 last songs I see they improved their music ... and one song every 6 month is a good rithm ... in 2002 didn't they released "Klouny" and "Prostye Dvizhenya" ? ... Now, because of their continuous promotional campaigns 2003 was lost, but 2004, the beginning, at least, seems to be more peacefull, so, maybe in 2-3 months we'll have that album ready.

Kate
19-12-2003, 22:49
The show supposedly started on the 17th of December. No one has seen it yet. Some Russian fans have seem promos on STS (channel which will air the reality show). Also, Tatu camp are in talk whether the show will be aired on the Internet as well. Hopefully they will. :D

Nike75
19-12-2003, 22:53
Originally posted by katbeidar
The show supposedly started on the 17th of December. No one has seen it yet. Some Russian fans have seem promos on STS (channel which will air the reality show). Also, Tatu camp are in talk whether the show will be aired on the Internet as well. Hopefully they will. :D

Kate, it's the 17th of January. Read the thread one more time.

Kate
19-12-2003, 23:02
Nike75, sorry. In the Russian forum Igor just said on the 17th. :p

thegurgi
20-12-2003, 04:08
Neato! I'm really hoping that someone caps these episodes, and i wonder just how many of them there will be? Like does the contract call for a certain amount of episodes...8? 12? 16? does it matter?

Tom Violence
20-12-2003, 09:30
Can anyone tell me what time of day the shows will be shown?

I work until quite late, so I hope the show is on late enough for me to be able to watch it.

Kappa
20-12-2003, 10:18
I really hope the tv show thing isn't true.

I hate reality shows.

Ditto. But whoknows: if it IS steady cammed and doesn't have a certain Manski to edit it, we might have an interesting thread going on in here.

Kate
20-12-2003, 11:01
darje, I think that Mansky will be working on the Reality Show. It was in the news.

DinoBora
03-01-2004, 10:11
"Tatu in the Sky Room" advertising ->

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/video/TATU1.avi
http://files.ctc-tv.ru/video/TATU2.avi
http://files.ctc-tv.ru/video/TATU3.avi
http://files.ctc-tv.ru/video/TATU4.avi

:rose: I.

Kate
03-01-2004, 12:00
Trabslation of the Ads!

NOTE: Russian lady says is the exact translation of what the Chinese lady says.

TATU1
Man: On 17th of January...
Lady: The girls are supposed to do all the house work, they are not supposed to play and waste time, not supposed to freely walk outside their home. Besides obidience, the girls are supposed to follow everything they are told to do. It is generally undesired for the girls to be seen.
Man: From 17th of January, "Tatu in the Sky Room" on STS!

TATU2
Lady: The girls are not allowed to show their emotions from the moment they are born. They are not to show their teeth while laughing, to drop tears while crying. They are not to walk too fast, let alone to run. They are not to talk laudly, not to mention scream. The girls are not to draw any attention to themselves...

TATU3
Lady: The girls are not allowed to sing and dance in public. Their music is only for the ears of their future husband. They are not to sing laudly with a wide open mouth. While dancing the girls are not to wave their hands and legs. If a girl cannot manage the house work, all art practices should be excluded.

TATU4
Lady: The best quality in girls is obidience. The girls are forbiden to show their physical strength. They are not allowed to practice the art of fighting or to handle weapons. When the girls are being beaten, they are not to cry or to show their pain.

QueenBee
03-01-2004, 16:09
That was.. interesting. And a different way to show ads.. Pretty cool that when they "aren't allowed to do this" clips are shown of them doing exactly that thing...

Thanks alot for the translation Kate and for the files DinoBora.

irish22
03-01-2004, 19:52
i hope they decide to do the web cam thing so all of us around the world can see

thegurgi
03-01-2004, 20:48
Lady: ...Their music is only for the ears of their future husband.

I really enjoy those commercials [but why Chinese in the background? because the Chinese are known for their discipline, maybe?] and seeing them brings me faith that caps will be created for shows promptly after release..

transcend
04-01-2004, 00:47
Originally posted by thegurgi
I really enjoy those commercials [but why Chinese in the background? because the Chinese are known for their discipline, maybe?] and seeing them brings me faith that caps will be created for shows promptly after release..

Because the room in the hotel they're using as a studio is called 'The Peking Room" isn't it, (or is it the hotel itself?). Plus I think it'll play well to the Japanese audience, if they're aiming at it being aired there. I think it's a good promo. Girl Power Mark 2!:done:

thegurgi
04-01-2004, 04:44
transcend, Ummo, i wasn't really all that curious about the Chinese thing, just being feciouscious [woo-hoo! spelled wrong], i guess.... and If it was aimed at the Japanese, why would thee promo be in Chinese? logic train..................

Why on EARTH hasn't any one responded to the whole "Their music is only for the ears of their future husband(s)" part yet?
Notice how the promo states that they "won't be doing" what they always do, and then showing us the same thing. But the ad is being sarcastic, it's kind of taking on the whole "Yeah, we won't" stance. So, the fact that it says they would be writing for the ears of their future husbands is already sarcastic. Will they still carry out the forbidden love song theme???? I hope not, I really enjoy their newer type of songs, that are more themed that storytelling [prostie and ne ver]

And yeah, irish22, i do too.

Kate
04-01-2004, 04:50
I think the whole "girls can't do this, can't do that" talk is to intrigue the viewers. It adds this very sensitive sexist atmosphere to the show. I think the target audience here are males, and some females, of course.

Also, it kinda creats some contrast with Tatu's message. Like, the ad says that the girls are not allowed to sing, and Tatu will record their album; the ad says the girls are not allowed to dance, and Tatu will dance I assume.

I dunno, just assuming things, as I do...

xena225
04-01-2004, 11:00
I think the whole "girls can't do this, can't do that" talk is to intrigue the viewers. It adds this very sensitive sexist atmosphere to the show. I think the target audience here are males, and some females, of course.
I disagree. Everything that is itemized on this "women are not allowed to do this" list has been disregarded and challenged by tATu already and will be disregarded and challenged in the future as well. These texts are about LIMITING women, tATu are about FREEING women, laughing in the faces of all those people who STILL try to limit women with such preposterous rules. This message addresses women much more than men, even though open-minded guys will appreciate it as well.

Also, it kinda creats some contrast with Tatu's message. Like, the ad says that the girls are not allowed to sing, and Tatu will record their album; the ad says the girls are not allowed to dance, and Tatu will dance I assume.
Of course it creates contrast with tATu's message. The girls do not play by these kinds of constricting, sexist rules. tATu are about defiance and self-confidence after all. And more power to them!

Thanks for the translations, katbeidar, and thanks to DinoBora for posting the links! :done:

xena225

Kate
04-01-2004, 11:06
xena225, you misunderstood what I said, but it doesn't matter... I don't blame you, my English probably screwed up somewhere... You're welcome for those translations. :rose:

xena225
04-01-2004, 11:11
xena225, you misunderstood what I said, but it doesn't matter... I don't blame you, my English probably screwed up somewhere... You're welcome for those translations. :rose:

Oops, sorry if I misunderstood. So we agree. Wow. ;) :rose:

xena225

Linda16
05-01-2004, 16:19
katbeidar, you said on the Russian forum that the text is in ordinary contemporary Chinese and you can understand it. Isn't it still possible that they are quotes from some ancient Chinese text (some codex?). Especially the part "The girls are forbiden to show their physical strength. They are not allowed to practice the art of fighting or to handle weapons. When the girls are being beaten, they are not to cry or to show their pain" seems to refer to such kind of interpretation. Anyways, seems that the text has been the first idea of the commercial and then the images are added.

Echoed
06-01-2004, 05:05
How... intriguing. Thank you for the translations, Kate, and the bits of video, DinoBora. ^_^

~Echo.

Kate
06-01-2004, 08:49
Linda16, nope. The woman is just speaking in formal Chinese. Those are not any quotes from famous philosophers ot anything.

denial
06-01-2004, 16:43
I like the advertisement very much .. especially the last part .. both of them have wings.

Thank you DinoBora, for movie and katbeidar, for translation.

bpro50
07-01-2004, 00:29
I am surprised that outside of Russia, the Asian fans have been the most signficant group of people that have supported Tatu's music. Not that other countries and groups of people have not, but I wander why the Asian ppl have exceeded all others in their passion and love for Tatu. I wonder. Does anyone have an answer? Consider the number of albums, magazine articles, TV promotions and concerts, etc.

dollparts3000
07-01-2004, 00:40
Asians respond better to the high pitch voices of tatu and the dance/alternative style of music. They have a lot of high pitched voices in anime. I don't think that rap/hip hop is too popular in asia among Japanese girls. A lot of the Japanese, Korean and Chinese girls in my boarding school listened to more romantic music than anything else. The Korean girls in my boarding school tended to listen to more alternative music. In the whole 4 yrs. I never heard a Japanese or Chinese girl in my boarding school blast eminem of other rap/hip hop artists.

guesshoo
07-01-2004, 01:05
well, from what hear the ad sounds really cool but for some reason i can't see the footage. :(
stupid computer! :mad:

QueenBee
07-01-2004, 01:13
guesshoo, have you tried with Media Player Classic? (Right click > Open with.. > Media Player Classic) if you're using Windows.

guesshoo
07-01-2004, 01:23
Originally posted by QueenBee
guesshoo, have you tried with Media Player Classic? (Right click > Open with.. > Media Player Classic) if you're using Windows.

no i'm using real player.
thanx anyway. :)

Igor
07-01-2004, 01:23
guesshoo, DivX 5.0.5 or higher (http://divx.com/divx) ;)

QueenBee
07-01-2004, 01:38
Oh yeah that too.. :gigi: (I have it but it still doesn't work for me so I thought you had the same problem)

Lux
07-01-2004, 01:41
so the chinese talks about what young women aren't supposed to do. what's with that? if i can only mute the russian the chinese would be completely clear :(

thegurgi
07-01-2004, 01:52
Are they really speaking about just ALL WOMEN?
Honestly, i don't think it's that general. I'm pretty sure that they are only saying "Tatu can't do this, They can't do that"....

bpro50
07-01-2004, 02:07
Originally posted by dollparts3000
Asians respond better to the high pitch voices of tatu and the dance/alternative style of music. They have a lot of high pitched voices in anime. I don't think that rap/hip hop is too popular in asia among Japanese girls. A lot of the Japanese, Korean and Chinese girls in my boarding school listened to more romantic music than anything else. The Korean girls in my boarding school tended to listen to more alternative music. In the whole 4 yrs. I never heard a Japanese or Chinese girl in my boarding school blast eminem of other rap/hip hop artists.

That really helps me understand. I remember the first time I heard them, I thought, "where is that voice coming from?" I had never heard a voice that high, with such pitch, and then I saw them for the first time and everything else was history. I honestly believe that they could sing almost any song with those voices and it would sound great.

Lux
07-01-2004, 02:33
how to explain this..

the chinese voice in the background is just saying things that go along with the theme of tatu..
for example, when tatu are walking away from the fence in the ATTSS video, the voice says, "young girls aren't allowed to speak up, aren't allowed to walk fast.."

it's just part of the theme of the clip, nothing else.

dollparts3000 - i think that's too much of a generalization. i can't say it's untrue but more of a cultural thing. as for american raised chinese girls, the music tastes correlate strongly with culture.

Kate
07-01-2004, 02:36
thegurgi, they are talking about women in general. :)

thegurgi
07-01-2004, 02:54
katbeidar,i rightly disagree, i don't think they are at all. i think it's just about tatu.

QueenBee
07-01-2004, 02:54
Is it only me who doesn't think Tatu have high-pitched voices? :ithink:

Kate
07-01-2004, 02:56
thegurgi, I understand Chinese, I know they are talking about women in general.

Lux
07-01-2004, 03:01
katbeidar - the voice is not talking about women in general. she is saying things that go along with the whole tatu image, being censored, restrained, having no freedom, etc. and she distinctly says "young girls" not women.

thegurgi
07-01-2004, 03:05
QueenBee, i don't either....

dollparts3000
07-01-2004, 05:20
Have you ever listened to the high pitched voices on anime? It's much different from high pitched voices in American cartoons. The Japanese and Chinese music that I've listened to from my friends also contains men with high pitched voices. There's this group called puffy ami yumi (can't remember if I spelled that right).
You can listen to their music here:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000AGWFU/qid=1073450916/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/104-1475763-5475140
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005KJR2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

But there is also a lot of high pitched voices in the netherlands
or wherever the group 'Within Temptation' is from. If you like high pitched voices and angst, you might like 'Ice Queen' or ('Snow Queen') by them.
You can download ice queen here:
http://www.dutchtop40.net/download/3060/520b/Within%20Temptation%20-%20Ice%20Queen.mp3

There was this band with semi high voices called the murmurs in North America in 1995. My sister liked them. I liked them too but I would never have known about them had she not been listening to them. They were never widely known. One was a lesbian and the two girls were best friends. One had rainbow colored hair.
Pics from the murmurs:
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stage/9049/
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stage/9049/pix1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stage/9049/pix3.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stage/9049/all5.jpg
Press enter in the address box and they will load if you are interested.

They were kinda lesbians or came across that way. One of the lead singers was definitely a lesbian. They have this new group called gush. More info can be found at:
http://www.gushmusic.com

Oh, this also reminds me of my friend Taeko from boarding school who would always talk in a really high pitched voice with Sue and her other friends. It was really funny how she said my name.

The closeness of Japanese school girls is also shown in a lot, a lot of Japanese anime (directed at kids) especially around the age of 14.

So these are some of the reasons why tatu is probably doing better over there.

Mossopp
07-01-2004, 19:32

Erm....ok.... :ithink:
I take you've never actually listened to 'Malchik Gay' then? I played that track to a friend of mine and she said it sounded like her little sister's 'Alvin and The Chipmunks' album! :laugh:

QueenBee
07-01-2004, 19:34
Mossopp,

Me:
Is it only me who doesn't think Tatu have high-pitched voices?

Thegurgi:

:yes:

Lena410
07-01-2004, 19:55
Is it only me who doesn't think Tatu have high-pitched voices? :ithink:

I don't think they have high-pitched voices, either.

I'm still looking forward to that Reality Show. Although I usually hate Reality Shows, I do hope that this one's gonna be good. :D The advertisments are cool *grins* I like them

Thanks for the translations.

thegurgi
07-01-2004, 23:06
Mossopp, i've heard much higher voices. And Lena is for sure to sing Alto... she's no soprano, but she could if she wanted to. Just not comfortably.

So to say TATU have really high voices is false. YULIA has a high voice... or at least, she used too

[ i love being technical ]

dollparts3000
07-01-2004, 23:47
Well that's true. There style of singing though with extremely high notes in their songs is different than a lot of people are used to but, it's just for some songs and for certain lines. Like it goes from ultra low to ultra high in a second which makes t.a.t.u. unique. I like it.

Twiggy
07-01-2004, 23:54
A little bit OT *g*

I think Lena's Voice is much higher than Julias. Julia has that special colour in her voice, that you will always find her voice out of hundrets.

bpro50
08-01-2004, 00:38
Mossopp, YULIA has a high voice... or at least, she used too

[ i love being technical ]

Do you really think that JULIA has lost her voice. She seemed to have her range and quality in Tokyo and I don't know how she sounded in St. Petersburg. Does anyone have a status on her vocal chords and the tumor in the back of her throat? I would hate to see her lose the quality of her voice, it is unique and beautiful.:(

denial
08-01-2004, 05:44
Originally posted by bpro50
I would hate to see her lose the quality of her voice, it is unique and beautiful.:( [/B]
Yes .. everytime listen to tatu .. I always drawn in Yulia's voice.. its sad to think about the tumor ..pain that she face everday .. [ I don't know .. I think it got to be painful somehow ] .... such a beautiful voice came with such a very high price .. imagine when she was in the eurovison singing live .. and just few hours before that she was doing the treatment for her throat .. such an adorable girl .. :(

thegurgi
08-01-2004, 19:07
bpro50, i do think that Yulia is losing her range, but that won't truly effect the quality of her voice, just on how high she can go. I've heard the live How Soon Is Now, and i can i hear some true uncomfort when she gets up high, and i hope for her own sake she can keep it out of that range for future songs. Take it from me, Julia doesn't need to sing so high and loud, she sounds great no matter what [i just keep out for well being]

cirrus
08-01-2004, 21:46
There's this weird voice in Tatu songs, listen very carefully - especially malchik gey (the english one for sure), and I think it's Yulia's super-high voice in the background. Very quiet, but it's there.

And they do sing kinda high. A lot of people couldn't stand Yulia's high-pitched "not gonna get us!" part... to be honest, I didn't like it much either

thegurgi
08-01-2004, 22:07
cirrus, i can sing unison with Lena, most of the time. she really doesn't sing that high.

And yeah, Yulia counters with an incredibly high pitched harmony in Malchik-gei and in sometimes in Clowns... it's rather amazing.

Rob
08-01-2004, 23:13
cirrus, i can sing unison with Lena ...
*impressed with thegurgi's abilities* ;)

"Malchick Gay" is kinda ouststanding when it comes to their voices, they're at least in my opinion quite high in that song.

dollparts3000
08-01-2004, 23:29
I like the malchik gay in russian better! Their voices are way higher.

Mossopp
08-01-2004, 23:35
I'm not saying I don't like their voices. I'm just saying that sometimes they can get really damn high-pitched.

haku
26-01-2004, 16:35
This is a bunch of links from the temp tatysite forum.

Home page of the RS
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/

Pictures, videos, mp3s
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/lookin/photo.html
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/lookin/video.html
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/songs/mp3.html

Videos from episode 1 provided by Igor
http://www.priton.ru/get.php?id=cute1fromtatypodnebom.avi
http://www.priton.ru/get.php?id=tatypodnebompart2.avi

A bunch of articles
http://www.gzt.ru/rub.gzt?rubric=reviu&id=61050000000007195
http://www.eg.ru/Publication.mhtml?PubID=5196&Menu=&Part=16
http://www.gazeta.ru/2004/01/19/podnebesnyes.shtml

A page about Manski
http://www.vertov.ru/rus/tatu/

And wow! There is an entire forum for the RS! Maybe we should have a thread for each episode then, and keep this one for general stuff?

Denial, maybe you could start 3 threads, one for each episode starting with your exclusive interviews? :)

QueenBee
26-01-2004, 17:21
I agree with haku :done: And WHOA! We collected quite alot of links.. :gigi:

denial
26-01-2004, 18:38
oh I saw that 3 threads already .. I was away ..but Haku its nice you make it separately .. easy to trace now .. very neat .. yay!! *hugs Haku* ..for you :rose:

Now I have to be really-really nice to Sunny ..so we get exclusive every episode .. :lalala: ..

But there are mose pieces of info here and there in temporary forum. We should transfer them here according to episode thread. But I have to sleep now.. almost 2 am .. start working again tomorrow :hmmm:

paradoxides
26-01-2004, 19:29
29.01.2004 <--- Chat with Tatu!

http://www.ctc-tv.ru/ent/club/chat/TATU/

and new pics here:

MassMedia
27-01-2004, 00:29
not sure which episode these are from so i posted them here:
sorry if its old.

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop01.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop02.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop03.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop04.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop05.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop06.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop07.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop08.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop09.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop10.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop11.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop12.avi

http://files.ctc-tv.ru/Tatu/Video/17_01/crop13.avi

thanks to ruby_red_15 for the info.

EDIT: OOPS these were covered in haku's thread

haku
27-01-2004, 00:53
The mp3 page has been updated, there are 60 demos now.

I'm far too lazy to listen to all that LOL

thegurgi
27-01-2004, 01:26
haku,

i'm not!!!

thanks for the heads up

:: proceeds to download them all ::

Kate
27-01-2004, 01:32
Are there any demo songs actually sang by Tatu?

haku
27-01-2004, 01:35
Are there any demo songs actually sang by Tatu?
No, they are sung by the people who sent them.

thegurgi
27-01-2004, 04:07
it's rather difficult to listen to some of these.

I've heard like... 5 i liked, but only 2 that i actually thought was really good enough. the other 3 were fixer uppers. [and the those 2 were just instrumentals]

coolasfcuk
27-01-2004, 06:37
Originally posted by paradoxides
and new pics here:
yeah, haha, I just visited the site before going to bed... and was gonna come here and comment on those!

:laugh:

I am sorry, but as of this minute this is all I can do... let me pick some of my fav... :gigi:

The Fridge (http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/images/64_36.1075135859.44632.jpg) :lol: well Cyrillic is also my alphablet... but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that something is 'wrong' with the hand-writting :smoke: ha ha ha

Calendar (http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/images/64_41.1075135859.49457.jpg) - that is the weekly board where should be written what's to do each day of the week - ha ha, are you kidding, there is nothing to do! Ivan has taken over the show - it's Ivan's Day every day of the week ;)

Timur i ego komanda (http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/images/64_18.1075135875.3015.jpg) - ha ha :lol: that's one of my fav. Check out that 'crew' ... you might wonder what all those people are doing there? ha, no need to ask again - hanging out and having good time :coctail:

Exactly! Just as I said - good time (http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/images/64_98.1075135893.15514.jpg) - of course that involves lotsa boozing, snoozing, smoking, etc... and simetimes it is needed to close the eyes and relax if you've 'taken in' too much :gigi:

awww, Yulia finally showed up... (http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/images/64_16.1075135909.35509.jpg) ..staring at a drug addict :spy:

yeah, that lady does look... hmmm 'tired'? (http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/images/64_57.1075135909.54681.jpg)

oh, here is the 'star' of the show .. (http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/images/64_10.1075135925.93851.jpg) - our lovely Vanya - his new Idol is Michael Jackson?

Last pic of the show... (http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/images/64_84.1075135937.92741.jpg) - a what seems to be a not so 'lovely' convo between Yul and Ivan

...oh, that was great..after a sh*ty day I can go to bed with smile on my face.... it's imporatnt to laugh everyonce in a while... :rose:

madeldoe
27-01-2004, 06:55
awww, Yulia finally showed up... ..staring at a drug addict

LMAO :laugh: yea she definately looks under the influence..i wonder if that jacket is real..hmmm..she still looks as breath taking as ever :love:

oh, here is the 'star' of the show .. - our lovely Vanya - his new Idol is Michael Jackson?

LOL *shakes head*

great comments ms.CaF :done:

denial
27-01-2004, 14:50
Originally posed by haku

Denial, maybe you could start 3 threads, one for each episode starting with your exclusive interviews? :) [/B]

I've already congratulate Sunnich that she got exclusive column at tatysite to write exclusive report for every reality show episode ... heh heh.. :heh: .. just need to remind her .. in case she forget the day :hmmm:

Thank you for translation Cools .. I was really wondering what's written on the frigde... what??

forre
27-01-2004, 15:23
So, let's see here. The broadcasting time has been changed by STS. Now, the show will be shown only on Sunday evenings, 20.00 - 23.00. With another words - removed from prime time. Well, apparently, poor organisation of the project with no discipline whatsoever caused this decision of STS. Bad, bad ...

Nike75
27-01-2004, 15:32
forre, thanks for the information - I checked the website of STS and the show will be also on Saturday evenings at 23:00h.

So the show will be on air every Saturday and Sunday from 23:00 to 24:00 - so it's in the schedule from www.ctc-tv.ru .

Nike

xena225
27-01-2004, 15:32
I couldn't care less at what time the show is broadcast. As long as tATu don't compromise and turn into grinning, dancing monkeys for prime time television, I'm a happy camper.

xena225

transcend
27-01-2004, 15:42
Well, apparently, poor organisation of the project with no discipline whatsoever caused this decision of STS. Bad, bad ...

Well, well, well. What a surprise. Girls...I'm still available. Remember, British people understand pop music...it's in our blood. It isn't too late. You can still be the most important pop group in the world. TAKE CONTROL NOW!

keith133
27-01-2004, 16:41
does this mean they can swear without being beeped now because if it does im all for it that was getting annoying

i think being taken out of prime time was probably because of the content of some of the shows as well what with all the bad behaviour

transcend
27-01-2004, 16:56
Originally posted by keith133
does this mean they can swear without being beeped now because if it does im all for it that was getting annoying

i think being taken out of prime time was probably because of the content of some of the shows as well what with all the bad behaviour

Yeah, that was my thought too, Keith.

haku
27-01-2004, 17:50
Like i said on the temp forum, Podnebesnaya was heavily advertized by STS as a reality show.

People were expecting something like Big Brother or Fame Academy. A building with cameras in every room and the participants being filmed 24/7, with the possibility for the viewers to watch all day long what's happening in there on cable, satelite, or the internet.

When the show was anounced, it was said that the girls would be living in Podnebesnaya. That's obviously not the case, they are there only a few hours a day and not even everyday.

But in the end it doesn't even matter since the show is not live 24/7. Podnebesnaya is not at all a reality show, and not at all what STS advertized. I think a lot of viewers are disappointed and the ratings are not good.

Instead we are given 1 hour shows with staged scenes, filmed and edited by Manski. Podnebesnaya is in fact the continuation of Manski's Anatomy.

forre
27-01-2004, 18:01
To me, it doesn't look like any relity show at all. Maybe, later we'll see something. At the moment we had only misc. shootings. It's possible that STS is not agreeing with the t.A.T.u. management, thus we are facing a poor show. For us who know t.A.T.u. and are interested in the group, everything is watchable and valuable - for average TV watchers the show is not that enetertaining, except some beeping and swearing where possible. Okay, we'll wait and see what happens then.

transcend
27-01-2004, 20:38
For us who know t.A.T.u. and are interested in the group, everything is watchable and valuable - for average TV watchers the show is not that enetertaining, except some beeping and swearing where possible.

Agreed. It's easy to forget now, but when Tatu first appeared here in the UK, they were the biggest pop sensation since oooooohhhh, the Spice Girls at the very least. Less than six months later they were a laughing stock. It took a special kind of genius to achieve that. In fact, it was actually harder to achieve that than to maintain their position as a pop sensation. I can't comment on Tatu's marketing campaign in Russia but over here in the West it was a travesty.

haku
27-01-2004, 21:45
LMAO!

On the home page of the Podnebesnaya site, there is now a poll! :laugh:

1st question: Do you support Ivan or Yulia and Lena? (That's a tough one! LOL)

2nd question: Is there any future for Tatu? (If your browser doesn't display cyrillics, "da" is the first choice, "niet" is just underneath.)

Go vote:
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/

:D

twoi_wrag
27-01-2004, 22:12
Hi.

Can anyone confirm the rumor that Julia and Lena will be on line next thursday 29th at 17:00 hrs. in the STS site?

Kate
27-01-2004, 22:16
twoi_wrag, I can comfirm that. They'll be there at 5:00pm on 29th of Jan Moscow time.

twoi_wrag
27-01-2004, 23:12
Thank you, Katbeidar.

It will be a great! Are you planning to participate?

thegurgi
27-01-2004, 23:25
haku, that's a GREAT poll!

За группу «t.A.T.u.» и Да

haha

Kate
28-01-2004, 00:13
twoi_wrag, nah. Me participate in a Tatu chat? Never. First of all, it'll be crowded to a degree when it'll crash. Second of all, it'll be 3am in NZ, and I would rather sleep. :gigi: Third of all, I have nothing to say to either Lena or Julia.

But, Igor will post a transcript, so I'll read it in the morning. :heh:

thegurgi
28-01-2004, 00:47
I'd go... but i don't think us Engly's are wanted. And it's right during a class... ironic Russian Class. haha.

pmosquito
28-01-2004, 01:23
it's rather difficult to listen to some of these.

I've heard like... 5 i liked, but only 2 that i actually thought was really good enough. the other 3 were fixer uppers. [and the those 2 were just instrumentals]
i agree. i'm wondering so far which were the songs you like best?

thegurgi
28-01-2004, 02:14
I liked the 5th song on the first 'disk' and the one called 'Piano'

neither are perfect.... but i liked the basic ideas of them...

haku
28-01-2004, 05:01
Wow! I just checked the poll on the Podnebesnaya home page, it's been open for like 12 hours and less than 500 people have voted!
That's a very low number! I hope it's not an indication of how many people actually watch the show in Russia. :hmmm:

And cool, i forgot to tell before but your comments on the pics are hilarious! That woman on the couch is definitely on a "higher plane". :laugh: And Ivan's glove! Ha ha, really "bad". :gigi:

coolasfcuk
28-01-2004, 05:29
Thanks for liking my comments people - they were trully written with lots of laughter :D
oh i love pics.. gimme more more moreeeeeeee .. I will analyze more...
Originally posted by denial
Thank you for translation Cools .. I was really wondering what's written on the frigde... what??
well D, it's bad resolution so hard to read... but also.... it is written as though someone was holding the pen with their toes! :laugh: you know what i mean... ha ha... but i can read something like "In the fridge no.." that's handwriting.. the Original sign said: "Dont take what's not yours!" :laugh: .. sounds like a community fridge in a dorm or hostel .. or at my x-work! maybe the t.v. crew got sick with Ivan eating their carrots! lol..Talk about different cultures again - for some reason I cant picture X-tina or Spice Girls or whoever else from the west in those conditions, ha ha. oh and someone changed the 'БРАТЬ' = 'take' into 'ЖРАТЬ' = 'devour, gorge, gobble, guzzle'

denial
28-01-2004, 06:07
Thanks Cools.. now I can sleep peacefully tonight.

haku
28-01-2004, 08:02
The mp3 page has been updated again, 20 more demos to download. :)

denial
28-01-2004, 09:27
*Ivan at work .. awwww ..listen to that ... :love:
now we know where TATU good music came from.
http://www.podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/avi/tatu/crop01.avi

*Nataly Eremina author and guest «Podnebesnaya» #3
what she's singing? Cools ..help.
http://www.podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/avi/tatu/crop07.avi

Kate
28-01-2004, 09:54
This is very unpleasent and annoying. What's the point of putting up some DIY recordings? Why don't Tatu themselves record a few songs and put them up for us to listen?

xena225
28-01-2004, 13:13
Wow, so many files. :)

I think it's awesome that those in charge make the effort to put all those songs online. This shows a deep appreciation of tATu for their fanbase - like saying "Thank you, well done, we appreciate it", instead of just collecting the files, listening to it all, and then storing it away in their studio. This way they are giving something back, and at the same time let us all catch a glimpse of the creative process. It's really cool.

Some of the songs are pretty good, too, I must say.

:done:

xena225

QueenBee
28-01-2004, 13:21
Oh the girl at Tatu.us.. her songs are included! I'm happy for her. :done:

haku
28-01-2004, 19:52
Wow, the mp3 page has been updated again, there's a total of 100 demos now. :)

And some texts have been added in this section but obviously i don't know if there's anything interesting. :p

http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/scrolls/

And paradoxides posted this link on Tatu.us, many thanks.

http://www.zvuki.ru/R/P/10961

Once again Lena has gorgeous nails! :love:
http://www.zvuki.ru/P/P/19475

And remember the story about Yulia buying a pink rabbit fur coat? :D
http://www.zvuki.ru/P/P/19476

Lena410
28-01-2004, 20:02
I said this on tatu.us already but Ill say it again..I *love* the pic with lena and ivan :lol: hanging around those three must be very funny from what I gathered :laughs: they have to be close..I wouldnt let anyone I dont like do that to me *lol*

yulias fur coat is nice *lol* the color is cool but I dont think I would ever buy that :p..her hairdo looks great though

QueenBee
28-01-2004, 20:20
Once again Lena has gorgeous nails!
Wow! I feel special for having the same nail polish.. lol!
And btw.. these people are CRAZY! No wonder I love them so much :laugh:

And remember the story about Yulia buying a pink rabbit fur coat?
:eek: *Runs away crying*

thegurgi
28-01-2004, 20:53
And btw.. these people are CRAZY! No wonder I love them so much

My Thoughts Exactly, Ewa... couldn't have said it better myself

haku
28-01-2004, 20:55
Wow! I feel special for having the same nail polish.. lol!
Awww, but you are special! :rose:

Well, i always look at Lena's nails, she usually has gorgeous nails (i prefer when she's wearing a lighter color though), and in this pic the length of her nails is just perfect... :lalala: I don't like when she's wearing those ugly nail extensions, i don't like very long nails. :lalala: *cough* I'll shut up now... lol

It looks like Lena is trying to snap Ivan's neck and get rid of him for good *crack* Ha ha ha :gigi:

And i like the color of Yulia's coat actually, i like fuschia. :D

denial
29-01-2004, 09:07
Originally posted by haku
And paradoxides posted this link on Tatu.us, many thanks.

http://www.zvuki.ru/R/P/10961

Thank you :rose:

Once again Lena has gorgeous nails! :love:
http://www.zvuki.ru/P/P/19475
[/quote]
:spy: ..now Lena ??? I like Ivan's beannie..(sp? lol) .. what it said there "criminal 00?? " ?

And remember the story about Yulia buying a pink rabbit fur coat? :D
http://www.zvuki.ru/P/P/19476 [/B]

awww.. Yulia looks so warm in that Pink Rabbit fur Coat !! :love: YAY!! finally we get to see that coat ... *off to check back old thread about the rabbit fur coat*

Lux
29-01-2004, 22:51
she looks great in pink. and fur :hmmm:

great pics! wow there are so many demos..damn:dead:

bpro50
30-01-2004, 05:18
Anybody know what the ratings have been in Russia for the Reality Show? Do they have something similar to the Nielson ratings or anything like that to show how they rate against other Russian shows. My guess is that the show is number one in Russia right now.

haku
30-01-2004, 05:32
I've read on tatugirls.de that the premiere of Podnebesnaya had a 2.2% rating (source STS). I don't think that's really good. :none:

Lux
30-01-2004, 05:50
haku - wow that's really bad. it had a bit of hype too :none:

haku
30-01-2004, 14:04
New pictures (of the chat session apparently) :)

http://www.ctc-tv.ru/ent/club/chat/TATU/

Rob
30-01-2004, 14:38
I've read on tatugirls.de that the premiere of Podnebesnaya had a 2.2% rating (source STS). I don't think that's really good. :none:
How come you only "read" those parts that fit with your current opinion?
Then I will help you: Here's what was also written there as this number was also confirmed by CTC:
Am nдchsten Wochenende werde die Serie jedoch wieder ьber den Дther laufen, sagte STS-Mitarbeiterin Inna Lepetikowa russland-aktuell. Mit circa sieben Prozent der Zuschauerquote hдtte die Sendung am Samstag keinen schlechten Marktanteil gehabt....
CTC confirmed 7% and said this was an acceptable number.

haku
30-01-2004, 18:52
Originally posted by Rob
How come you only "read" those parts that fit with your current opinion?
Because it was the only part written in English.

Anyway...

More pics :) (Well, the same, but different lol)
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/lookin/photo.html?id=95

Princess Lena... Simply gorgeous. :love: :dead:
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/lookin/photo.html?id=96

bpro50
31-01-2004, 02:25
You know, all kidding aside, creating a Reality show series took a lot of guts. First of all, the idea of a Reality series may not be original but tracking the development of a new album and all of the issues that surround Russia's most famous musical group did not have a nice road map behind it. And, whereas, most of the hard core fans would like to see them devote full time to developing an album, the rest of the world probably is intriqued by their personality, their history, the controversies that surround them, the chat session, the many pictures that have been developed, Tatu's friends, their day-to-day life. I just think there is a lot of negative comments when the overall impact of the Reality series has been very positive thus far. It is going to take a lot of energy to keep the subject matter new and interesting but I take my hat off to all of them for being willing to launch out in a direction without a clear idea of how well it would all work. It will be hard work, but if they pull it off, there will be a ton of footage on Tatu, a lot of pics, a new album and we will all know a lot more about Tatu than any other group out there. I sure hope they succeed.

denial
31-01-2004, 02:35
[B]Because it was the only part written in English.

awwww...hehehehe ..*hugs Haku* .. thank you for the little exclusive ...LoL ... and thank you for pictures link too .. !!

haku
01-02-2004, 04:04
Igor posted that on the Russian side. It sounds funny, could anyone please translate? Thanks :rose:

http://hot.ee/tatushow/show.jpg

denial
01-02-2004, 04:42
Igor posted that on the Russian side. It sounds funny, could anyone please translate? Thanks :rose:

In new reality show
"Has gone to an ass!"
[Or]

QueenBee
01-02-2004, 04:46
Baah Denial since when do you know Russian? :bebebe: Or are you getting help from that lovely Russian beauty? :rose:

Kate
01-02-2004, 04:47
Igor posted that on the Russian side. It sounds funny, could anyone please translate? Thanks

It's says:

t.A.T.u.
In the reality show
"Go into an ass"
[Beep]

QueenBee
01-02-2004, 04:49
Aaah.. it says Beep! Lol.. Who made this? One of the Russians? Man, those guys are FUNNY.. are rose to all the Russians :rose:

Kate
01-02-2004, 04:52
QueenBee, I think Igor made this one... not sure...

pmosquito
01-02-2004, 18:20
Oh the girl at Tatu.us.. her songs are included! I'm happy for her. :done:
ahh...gulp...I think this is me (thank you QueenBee :) )

http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/songs/album.html?album=3
Leave Me Alone
Blue Eyes
Don't Tell Me No

We're really pushing Leave Me Alone, if you feel like listening to one of the above.
I've also sent this one in which I think is pretty cool:
No More
http://members.toast.net/klavierstucke/twister/NoMore.mp3

I really don't know if they will consider English language songs...and quite frankly a t-shirt to the winner doesn't cut it.:hmmm: I don't want Ivan screwing around with my stuff; he should just continue to screw himself and let the girls choose their music with a real music producer! Sorry, don't mean to sound so negative, but they have changed the rules of this contest many times. First, the "composers stand to make millions" to "the composers get a signed t-shirt." Oh well, it's one way to get new music out there :cool: Everything I've done is copywritten, so I'm not rescinding anything for a t-shirt. ;)

Thank you and sorry to be so skeptical :rose:

dollparts3000
01-02-2004, 18:23
This is my favourite song so far. I've listened to it 10 times or more! Does anybody know who sings it or if there are any other songs posted on Rambler?
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/avi/tatu/Albums/DISK3/Track02.mp3
I think this girl could make it on her own depending on what her image is like. I like her voice. I think that the musical track needs work but I really like how the lyrics sound phonetically and it is very catchy. They should have more about the song writer on Rambler. Does anybody know what the lyrics mean?

denial
01-02-2004, 18:28
Baah Denial since when do you know Russian? :bebebe: Or are you getting help from that lovely Russian beauty? :rose:

I use translator.

bTw .. Kate .. или = OR not beep :bebebe:

denial
01-02-2004, 18:36
This is my favourite song so far. I've listened to it 10 times or more! Does anybody know who sings it or if there are any other songs posted on Rambler?
http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/avi/tatu/Albums/DISK3/Track02.mp3
I think this girl could make it on her own depending on what her image is like. I like her voice. I think that the musical track needs work but I really like how the lyrics sound phonetically and it is very catchy. They should have more about the song writer on Rambler. Does anybody know what the lyrics mean?

OMG!! I like this song too!!! You are right!! I heard she said cigarette!! :smoke:

QueenBee
01-02-2004, 18:45
denial, ooh I never thought of using translators.. :rose:

And btw, it doesn't say или, it says пип... :rose:

denial
01-02-2004, 18:52
QueenBee, ohh my bad .. wrong reading ..sorry .. *is ashame* .. LoL

so .. пип = pip .. LoL .. not beep :bebebe:

dollparts3000
02-02-2004, 03:36
OMG!! I like this song too!!! You are right!! I heard she said cigarette!! :smoke:

I know! Doesn't it really stick in your head?

QueenBee
02-02-2004, 03:42
denial, don't worry about it, I actually thought it said "Ili" at first too.. :gigi:

She says cigarette? *Listens to song*

haku
09-02-2004, 16:31
A page with some pictures of Katya Netchaeva :)

http://www.zoloto.ee/?ZGF0YQ==&data=project/katja

Since she seems to be a lot in Podnebesnaya, i thought i'd post it here.

QueenBee
09-02-2004, 16:35
haku, aaw thanks.. always bringing us the new info and being so helpful.. I'm very grateful :kwink: Love ya.

Katya seems pretty cute, but also kind of ordinary... Nothing that makes me go "Whoa" :p

denial
09-02-2004, 16:52
A page with some pictures of Katya Netchaeva :)

http://www.zoloto.ee/?ZGF0YQ==&data=project/katja

Since she seems to be a lot in Podnebesnaya, i thought i'd post it here.

Thank you Haku .. :rose:

http://www.zoloto.ee/photo/katja/n07.jpg :dead: not bad.. not bad at all .. :drools: .. shall we give her nickname .. umm... Tanya ..

ohh... there are links to her MP3 also at that page .. *downloading* ..

....ummm.. songs are good .. but .. this girl looks/sound plain .. she needs scandals... maybe if they .. make her Lena's secret lover .. then there's something .... wooo....

haku
13-02-2004, 09:44
There is a short interview of Y&L on this page of the Podnebesnaya site apparently:

http://podnebesnaya.rambler.ru/scrolls/index.html

I did not really understand, but i saw boyfriend, smoking, and marijuana LOL

freddie
13-02-2004, 10:39
From what I gather from the online translation it's a short interview with the girls where Lena speaks about how they don't have to maintain "the legend of a non-traditional orientation" any longer... that she likes fellows and even has a young man (a bf I presume), while Yulia asked how they knew about her oriantation that nobody knows that. :P...
Lena said she still smokes, though she tried to quit but unsuccesfuly, while Yulia was succesful at it...
Then they said they don't drink frequently and don't use drugs. Lena said she was against the legalization of Marihuana. About Tokio Yulia said that Lena just strained herself to much there (or strained her voice? I didn't get that clearly).
And last but not least Lena told that they are coping with the recording process in Podebesnaya and everything will be OK and OB. :D

EDIT: I've made a few mistakes. It's not Lena who says that they don't have to maintain "the legend of a non-traditional orientation" any longer... it was just a QUESTION from the journalist. Besided that both of them say as well that their sexuality is their private business. Thanks to Xenna for pointing that out to me.

forre
13-02-2004, 13:23
It was just quotes from the latest chat. You should find normal translation posted my Massmedia, if I remember correctly.

haku
13-02-2004, 19:08
Thanks freddie :D

Well, sorry about the link people, i thought they might be saying something interesting, my mistake LOL.

I can't believe they are still stuck on that "it's our private business" kind of answers. :laugh: Especially since at the same time they both admit to having boyfriends and Yulia even said she was thinking of marriage (Are you getting married? No, not yet. So she's thinking about it).

Oh well :rolleyes:

dollparts3000
14-02-2004, 08:44
I think Katia is really sexy in this picture:
http://www.zoloto.ee/photo/katja/n09.jpg

I like her eyes and I like her voice. She's pretty, but she doesn't look as interesting as Yulia and Lena!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the wierd Russians behind her?

But, I think the songs are kinda boring. The second one is ok There doesn't seem to be a lot of passion in them. They seem very formulated. I like Nichya better.

What is that page? http://www.zoloto.ee Zoloto Records? The only song I like on that page is by Ona:
http://www.zoloto.ee/MP3/ona3.mp3

Lux
16-02-2004, 18:34
thanks freddie :)

private business?? that pisses me off, nothing is private, nor was it ever. they're both straight. except for lena. :gigi: the whole orientation debate is no longer, they've got nothing *to* debate, the illusion is ruined. but ... i'm glad there is a "show". :rolleyes:

xena225
16-02-2004, 19:12
I'm glad some people have all the answers now. No really. Must be awesome to be all-knowing.

xena225

scotfan
16-02-2004, 19:44
I think Katia is really sexy in this picture:
http://www.zoloto.ee/photo/katja/n09.jpg

I like her eyes and I like her voice. She's pretty, but she doesn't look as interesting as Yulia and Lena!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the wierd Russians behind her?

They look like kidnappers. ;)

Think Katia is 'nice' looking, but she's trying too hard.

dollparts3000
17-02-2004, 03:45
I know! They totally look like kidnappers!!! lol :)

Lux
17-02-2004, 03:48
katya is ... okay. *shrug* no big deal

xena - do i?

spyretto
18-02-2004, 02:30
Thank you Haku .. :rose:

http://www.zoloto.ee/photo/katja/n07.jpg :dead: not bad.. not bad at all .. :drools: .. shall we give her nickname .. umm... Tanya ..

So that's Katja, Shapovalov's new protege? It thought it was that girl shown in the Anatomy. She's very sexy but she lacks a certain something - gayness? ;)
So the other two dudes and her are Shapovalov's latest project? What kind of theme will that be? 3ome? ;)

dollparts3000
18-02-2004, 05:42
3some! Lol!!! That's hilarious. I don't think that would sell much . The guys are not very attractive and that girl does not look like she would date or do anything else with either one of them.

bpro50
24-02-2004, 04:40
One thing I'll give to Ivan . . . he knows how to pick'em. Whatever Katja looks like today, just wait six months and take a look again . . . a 3some might look different in a new light! This guy Ivan is amazing if the girl will listen to him. He'll use her until she no longer serves his purpose or follows his explicit direction and then he'll lose her. It happens with all of his projects . . . so-called child psychology and counseling, adverstizing, music producer. Ivan is predictable and he has a pattern . . . he just uses people like things until he gets bored and then he moves on. He's smart and so it takes a while before he plays his hand. It won't be long until everyone figures all of this out and Ivan won't be able to use people anymore. Hope he has all the money he needs.

dollparts3000
24-02-2004, 07:46
You may be right, however I think differently. Yulia and Lena left Ivan! (not the other way around) Remember, this might also be a publicity stunt! He's not ditching tatu, he's just opening a new project. They knew from the start, that Tatu would probably end when they turned 20 or 21. It's a fact. He's not ditching them. If anything, the public will probably lose interested when Yulia and Lena hit 21 or 22 which is why Ivan will focus less attention on Tatu. If something is not profiting, there is no point of investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in it, not to mention time. It is a fact. If Ivan wants his business, Neformat to survive, he has to start focusing on other projects. I get the impression that Ivan is an artist. He wants to create. He really doesn't need the money. He could retire. Ivan likes to work.

It's a shame that Tatu has to end in a few years. People really shouldn't act like it's doomsday now. Lena and Yulia have atleast another year or two. I really like their voices together. Maybe, they could survive if they changed their image somehow when they hit 21. Ivan could probably find a way of doing this.

On another note, What the fcuk????

http://www.zoloto.ee/photo/katja/n03.jpg

Spot the stuff animal. Lol. If he made Katia, a little rebellious, she would prob. sell. I like her voice but most of her songs are not very catchy! They don't have high's and lows or do anything different, they are very bland. Thereare only two songs that I like.

1. Katia_Nechajeva-Ne_zhdala
2. Suicide

The others I don't really care for. I think she should be a little more edgy. With her voice, she would sound much better by singing more strongly and by being more edgy.

She doesn't have as much personality as Yulia and Lena do. I really don't know what her personality is. She seems kind of surface. They really need to add more depth to her image.

haku
24-02-2004, 09:09
Spot the stuff animal. Lol.
LMAO! I hadn't noticed that! :gigi: Wow! That's cool! Very edgy! :lol: Is it a squirrel? :spy:

xena225
24-02-2004, 10:19
Yulia and Lena left Ivan! (not the other way around) Remember, this might also be a publicity stunt! He's not ditching tatu, he's just opening a new project. They knew from the start, that Tatu would probably end when they turned 20 or 21. It's a fact. He's not ditching them. If anything, the public will probably lose interested when Yulia and Lena hit 21 or 22 which is why Ivan will focus less attention on Tatu. If something is not profiting, there is no point of investing hundreds of thousands of dollars in it, not to mention time. It is a fact.

I agree with the "Yulia and Lena left Ivan"-part. I think that's become very obvious according to the reports posted here.

I don't agree on the idea that tATu would have to end so early because of age issues. It all depends on how the group would be allowed to develop, and seeing as Lena and Yulia have become quite confident and assertive during the last couple of months, they of course would want to have a say in it - as they should. I wouldn't have a problem at all with tATu as grown-up women - quite the contrary - and let's face it, the schoolgirl image has been a thing of the past for a long long time now. They've matured before our eyes, and had the creative part of the project blossomed and matured in the same way, tAtu would still be on top. I don't think the audience has lost interest at all (they are still winning prestigious awards, they are still generating headlines, so the public interest is definitely still there) - Lena and Yulia have great talent, great personalities, great chemistry, great professionalism - so why shouldn't they continue to be successful artists (as tAtu)? But creative standstill is lethal for any group, and I blame Ivan for that. From all I've read Lena and Yulia wanted to record a new album, to get new material out for the fans and themselves, and Ivan obviously wasn't capable or willing to do this for too long. Now more problems have arisen which seemingly have widened the gap between Lena&Yulia on one side and Ivan on the other. So these are in my opinion the reasons it may all end, not the fact that tAtu would have to come to an end with Lena and Yulia turning 21.

Should tAtu really come to and, I do hope Lena & Yulia will continue as a duet (as both of them say), because they still have a lot to give us as great artists and as sparkling personalities.

xena225

Rob
24-02-2004, 16:13
Originally posted by xena225
I wouldn't have a problem at all with tATu as grown-up women - quite the contrary - and let's face it, the schoolgirl image has been a thing of the past for a long long time now. They've matured before our eyes, and had the creative part of the project blossomed and matured in the same way, tAtu would still be on top. I don't think the audience has lost interest at all (they are still winning prestigious awards, they are still generating headlines, so the public interest is definitely still there) - Lena and Yulia have great talent, great personalities, great chemistry, great professionalism - so why shouldn't they continue to be successful artists (as tAtu)? But creative standstill is lethal for any group, and I blame Ivan for that. From all I've read Lena and Yulia wanted to record a new album, to get new material out for the fans and themselves, and Ivan obviously wasn't capable or willing to do this for too long.
That's completely right.

I regret the fact that Ivan obviously doesn't get his act together anymore as he was, just like Yulia said, the one with the ideas in the beginning; without those tATu would have never been succesfull in the West as they were.
But he changed - too much.

By the way I got nothing against Katya but she won't get to the heights tATu was, not in Russia, and surely not in the West - none of the Russians I spoke with knew her and her music is nice Euro-Dance, but not more.