PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos and piercings...

cirrus
16-11-2003, 22:26
We know Yulia has 2 tattoos (and rumored body piercings :rolleyes: ) - and I was wondering what your opinions are on these things. I got my first tattoo today, a small design I made on my forearm, and I'm thinking about getting another at some point. Does anyone have any tattoos or piercings they wanna mention? Or have I made a horrible mistake I will regret in the future? :ithink:

zebu
16-11-2003, 23:06
I've been thinkig about getting a tatoo for a while now, but I don't know where to put it or what to put, I'm always changing my mind.

Post a pic of your tatoo?How big is it?I don't think you'll regret it. :)

I just have my ears pirced, left 3 holes and right 2.It would be nice to get the nose pierced

Lux
16-11-2003, 23:16
cirrus - are you a girl or a guy?
cause guys can get away with tattoos almost anywhere, and with girls there are stigmas that come with certain places.

i think it depends on profession and lifestyle choice. i have been hesitant on getting a tattoo on my upper back or neck for fear of being in future events that entail formal situations where formal attire is necessary. on the other hand, i just want to say fcuk everyone it's my body i can do what i want with it.

i tend to go for places that are easily concealable. my tatu (http://community.webshots.com/photo/88634373/96910063EngdKy), any lower and you'd see cr@ck. :gigi:

as for piercings, i only have ears and bellybutton. they're easier to get away with and not quite so permanent. cartilage hurts like a mofo, eyebrow is cool, nose studs are trendy, and bellybutton is a given.

cirrus
16-11-2003, 23:47
I'm a guy, and it's not in some weird place. I'll post a pic soon. The camera is charging...

I like your tattoo Lux! :done:

EDIT:

[http://community.webshots.com/photo/100384954/100392663oRtlZt]here it is...[/URL]

It started as a design with 2 "eights". my birthday is August 8th... 8/8 It's just a simple image and it didn't hurt too bad :(

Mossopp
17-11-2003, 00:37
I have my ears pierced 6 times but I had to let one of those heal up cos it kept getting infected and it was not pretty! :bebebe: At the present moment I don't have any tattoos.
Tattoo's and piercings are all well and good if you're a student or unemployed but I'm a professional (a qualified Accounts Assistant) and it's kinda hard to get a job in my field if you're covered in piercings and such. I already get hassle from my boss about all my earrings and my short, spikey hair.
I've always wanted to get my lip pierced but my job and my mother have so far prevented me from doing so. Once I move into my own place I'm determined to get it done though. It'll hurt like a b#stard but it'll look hott and I can always take it out when I'm at work if need be.
As for the tattoo thing, I don't really like to see women with tattoos. I've always wanted one myself though. A good friend of mine just wandered into a tattoo parlour one day, picked a stupid tribal design off the wall and an hour later she had it inked onto her skin for the rest of her life! If I were to get a tattoo I'd make sure it was of something that actually meant something to me. I've always imagined myself with some writing - maybe a line from a song or movie - tattoo'ed down my forearm. But then again, that could impare my chances of getting a decent job.
Man, I HATE responsibility!

DAZ
17-11-2003, 01:15
I like tatoos but not those huge ones that some folk have got that cover you're whole back.Theres a guy in Ayr with a Lord of The Rings tatoo that covers his back.Technically its brilliant and is a work of Art but why would you want your back covered by a tatoo?
I don't have any piercings but they can look really good on some people.Not a fan of pierced nipples though.

Disengage
17-11-2003, 05:07
I have somewhat of a joke tattoo of "t.A.T.u." inside my bottom lip that I got kinda spur of the moment with my friend the day before they did that autograph session in NJ.

I like full sleeves when they are really well done.

Yulia's aren't anything too spectacular, but they look really hot on that sexxxy back of hers. I like them.

ypsidan04
17-11-2003, 15:05
Originally posted by cirrus
We know Yulia has 2 tattoos (and rumored body piercings :rolleyes: )

Whaddya mean rumored? Go look at the US Maxim pics again.

I don't have any, and don't think I ever will. cirrus and Lux - those are both pretty cool. :done:

QueenBee
17-11-2003, 15:28
Well the only thing I have pierced is my ears :( 1 hole in each.. Which is waaay too little if you ask me :P I'd like to get plenty more in my ears, in my lip and bellybutton.. And maybe a tattoo too, but I'm afraid I will regret it. Yours is very awesome cirrus and Lux.. They look cool :done: I'm like Mossopp, I'm more into lettering tattoos.. :D

Kappa
17-11-2003, 18:48
QueenBee, as someone who worked as a piercing professional's assistant, you do NOT want bellybutton piercings. :P

As soon as I turn legal, I'm going mad: getting all those piercings I want and the tattoo I've been planning on doing all of my life. :D It will be Latin. Taedet me, which more or less means I'm bored.

freddie
17-11-2003, 18:58
I've been thinking about having one of my ears pierced for 5 years now. But I'm hesitant. Now even more, cause it's fashinable. I don't want to be fashionalbe. Being fashinable means beaing just like everybody else. And that's boring. :p

Kappa
17-11-2003, 19:03
freddie, decorating/modificating your body is also a form of expression of your own. Most people don't know this and do it just to be fashionable, but later on get bored and take off their piercing. Up to you, it's your choice. :D

I'll later on take a pic of my piercings.

QueenBee
17-11-2003, 19:08
QueenBee, as someone who worked as a piercing professional's assistant, you do NOT want bellybutton piercings. :P
Nooo! You're starting to sound like my mom :P :kwink:

freddie, I have a guy in my class who has both ears pierced.. It looks pretty cool but he has two huge "diamonds" (yeah RIGHT) so it looks kinda weird.. But hey, if you want it - go for it! If you regret it later, you can take the earrings off and they will close automatically ;)

freddie
17-11-2003, 19:44
That's just it! I don't know yet if I should "express" myself in that way. Sometimes it feels appealing and sometimes it just... doesn't. LOL

Maybe I should just buy a new Calvin Klein shirt. :D

kishkash
17-11-2003, 19:50
Originally posted by freddie
Maybe I should just buy a new Calvin Klein shirt. :D

LoooooooooooooooL :D :rose:

Freds u will always be wearing those shirts eh :kwink: stick with it if it works for ya :D

Disengage
17-11-2003, 20:16
Oh yeah I also have my ear pierced. I got it done when I was like 10 and havn't worn an ear ring in years. I just doesn't look right on me.

freddie
17-11-2003, 20:27
Originally posted by kishkash
LoooooooooooooooL :D :rose:

Freds u will always be wearing those shirts eh :kwink: stick with it if it works for ya :D

Pssst! I bought a Versache in Greece! Don't tell Calvin! ;)

kishkash
17-11-2003, 20:32
Pssst! I bought a Versache in Greece! Don't tell Calvin! ;)

:eek: my world as i know it is crumbling!! :hmmm:

i bet Versace loox just as good as Klein on ya ;) is it from the Versus line?

forre
17-11-2003, 20:43
Ah .. talking about the brand marks! He-he .. I don't care about brands really, but piercing - ears are okay. Anything else is not my cup of tea. Tattoos - not either. In 10 years they all get blurry and somewhat ugly. No, definitely nothing for me.

P.S. On the beach and in summer I think it's entertaining to see another ppl's tatoos though. Some of them are very pretty.

A few amazing examples. (http://www.skinandink.com/readers_photos/2001_photos/photos_2001_May/body_photos_2001_may.html)

Less amazing. (http://thumbb.image.altavista.com/image/275461908)

Lena410
17-11-2003, 21:00
well I love piercings and tatoos if they are nice and there are not too many of them. I would love to have something apart from my ears pierced but I dont really feel like it right now. *shrugs*

If I were completly certain that I would never be sorry for having a tatoo than I would have one made long ago :D I love tatoos..well for now the henna tatoos in summer have to be enough..

coolasfcuk
17-11-2003, 21:10
Less amazing. (http://thumbb.image.altavista.com/image/275461908)

:eek: wow ...*speechless* ... oh my, oh my :hmmm:

me... aww... my dad pierced my left year with a sawing neddle when I was 12 :dead: needless to say... I refused to let him do my right one - what a trauma that left one was... then got too lazy to go get my right one pierced - so I let the left one heal up too. that's about it LoL

have been considering tiny tattoo ... would've pierced my belly button if I didint have a timy mole right where it should be pierced :mad:

QueenBee
17-11-2003, 23:25
forre, nice tattoos there.. But I would never get those made on me (or at least in that style). Way too big in my opinion, and colored tattoos fade alot faster than black and white so ... eek.. I can image how those will look in a couple of years.. But at least they showed a naked guy.. That's all I need to see :heh:

Lena410, I've never tried henna tattoos but I would want one so bad! My friend's aunt makes henna tattoos and my friend came to school one day with one on her hand.. It looked so kewl.. And the fact that they aren't permanent makes me cheer *Cheers*

coolasfcuk, your dad? Haha! My mom got her made by my grandmother's (on dad's side) sister.. She put a cork (?) behind my mom's ear and put a needle through it. No wonder my mom let my ears get pierced at the age of 13 and NOT ANY SOONER.

And about navel piercings.. It's no problem that you have a mole there ;) You can have all sorts of different piercings.. And they are all pretty cool I think!

This one is right through the little "ball" that some people have visible (http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/07-navel/A31005/high/9y6ndsc8.jpg)
There are bellypiercings like this one too, down instead of up.. But this one is pretty loooong (http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/07-navel/A30101/high/navel-surface1.jpg)
This is horizontal piercing.. Does anyone have the phone number to this guy? He looks yummy :liplick: (http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/07-navel/A31023/high/dscn02880.jpg)
This one is also prettay kewl I think (http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/07-navel/A30828/high/l20nzr02.jpg)

There was a picture of a neck-tattoo I thought was VERY cool.. One that I would definitely want! But I sadly cannot find the picture anymore.. LOL.

Buttt.. I love lettering tattoos! (http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/A31023/high/7tzkk63m.jpg) :heh:

Disengage
17-11-2003, 23:30
Originally posted by forre
In 10 years they all get blurry and somewhat ugly.

A lot of that depends on how well they are taken care of. Keeping them out of the sun or putting sun block on them when they are exposed makes a difference over time. You can also go in every few years to get them touched up. I'm thinking of getting a sleeve of stars and waves based on Van Gough's Starry Night. Money is a big issue with that though. Really nice tats are expensive and I'm not sure if that's something I'd want to spend a whole lotta money on.

I hate face tattoos.

freddie
17-11-2003, 23:44
Originally posted by kishkash
:eek: my world as i know it is crumbling!! :hmmm:

i bet Versace loox just as good as Klein on ya ;) is it from the Versus line?

Nope it's not! I doubt it's even a genuine Versace. I'm begining to think that Greek salesman screwed me over since I got it suspiciously cheap. Hmmm. :rolleyes:
When I have some time I'll post a pic of it in the picture thread.

Forre: Lost for words at that last guy! He looks like Beetlejuice! :eek:

cirrus
17-11-2003, 23:56
freddie, are you talking about a real shirt here? I once bought some Nike shoes, only to have the Nike symbols fall off to reveal some wierd Asian logo! Now that I think of it, they were cheap shoes...

Oh, and I thought that pictures was of a woman? Take a look at this hot Brazilian woman (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/11/13/1068674283575.html?from=top5)

Disengage is right - tattoos fade over time but expecially bad is you don't take care of them. Sunscreen is important to keep them looking good.

freddie
18-11-2003, 00:06
Cirrus : Well considering that I bagained it down from 40-50 (can't remember exactly) Euros to 20 I can say I have my doubts. But the label on the back says Versace and the shirt looks pretty nice to me - and that's finaly all that's importaint. I bought it cause I liked it not cause it's a suposed Versace. But I do know what you're saying about fake brand names: the infamous Rebook (istead of Reebok), shoes were sold here some years back. And don't get me started on the Seikon, Casion or Brolex watches. :D

I hope Elaine Davidson doesn't think she's attractive with those things as well. Ewww. :dead:

coolasfcuk
18-11-2003, 00:22
queenie, yes, my dad!! :eek: I cant believe I let him talk me into that ... as far as I remember ..after all the shock ... he had a cold apple behind my ear :gigi: .. and I could hear the sound ..'hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrusssssss' ahhhhhhhhh. well not to be too paranoid - my dad is a doc in a way ...

the infamous Rebook (istead of Reebok), shoes were sold here some years back. And don't get me started on the Seikon, Casion or Brolex watches.
:laugh: gotta love Turkey and all the fakeness that come from there... let me add: 'adibas' for the shoes(same logo and all) - some of my fav when I was growing up - plastic fakes, ha haaaaaaaa. Now we still have rip offs ... like lets say 'prado' for example :laugh:

QueenBee
18-11-2003, 00:32
Lol.. Come to one of those sale-thingies in my country and you'll find all sorts of fake labels.. I remember I almost bought a "Playerstation".. I've been thinking of going back there because I saw some nice "Nicke" shoes :gigi: I went to that "fair" with my cousin and we wanted to buy a crucifix.. So it costed I don't know how much zloty (Polish thingie) but it was about 3,2 US dollars. I thought it was REALLY cheap but Poland is really poor so it was alot... Well I used my "powers" (no, I didn't show my boobs :gigi: ) and got it for free, plus this ugly toy from McDonald's.

coolasfcuk
18-11-2003, 00:35
oh and Queenie .. those belly button piercings :eek:... ahhh look painfull... I was only considering the 'classic' one.. that's why it is not possible for me ... damn mole LoL

QueenBee
18-11-2003, 00:42
coolasfcuk, well you can always have your mole removed.. But maybe that is a little too much to do just for a bellybutton piercing :D

coolasfcuk
18-11-2003, 02:32
Originally posted by QueenBee
coolasfcuk, well you can always have your mole removed.. But maybe that is a little too much to do just for a bellybutton piercing
Exactly :D... as a 'Chernobyl' kid (playing in the rain and eating cherries off the tree right when it exploded - yeah, they were keeping it a secret from the people :rolleyes: ) I am a bit paranoid about moles :hmmm:

Crampaholic
18-11-2003, 03:24
I have my nose, my bottom lip and my tounge pierced...and i have too tattoos...i want my third one...im adiccted to those things :bum:

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=5942328

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=6025686

and the last one ... crappy pic LOL :bebebe:

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=6370652

enjoy!! :done:

freddie
18-11-2003, 04:04
Originally posted by coolasfcuk
Exactly :D... as a 'Chernobyl' kid (playing in the rain and eating cherries off the tree right when it exploded - yeah, they were keeping it a secret from the people :rolleyes: ) I am a bit paranoid about moles :hmmm:

Oy! I still remember that as well! 1986! The mushrooms were unusualy big that year! :rolleyes:

Sooz_01 : Now that's sexy. :p

Lux
18-11-2003, 04:09
sooz_01 - finally one with eyes looking into the camera. :rolleyes:

cirrus
18-11-2003, 04:12
I've gotta say Sooz_01, you're very attractive... ;)
Some people go overboard with piercings/tattoos and too much modification, but you look very nice.

Crampaholic
18-11-2003, 14:58
Sooz_01 : Now that's sexy. :p [/B]

Jajajajaja...thanks...LOL thats not sexy...LOL but thanks anyway :D

:bum: yes finally a pic of me looking at the camera LOL....but i think i look stupid when i look straight to the camera.... i dont like it.....:dknow:

Lena410
18-11-2003, 15:17
QueenBee Henna tatoos are cool :D the only thing is that they go away too fast *lol* I would liked to have them longer. *sigh* I definitly want to have some again in summer..I should somewhere have the pics of the henna tatoos I had this year *goes looking for them*

ok..here they are..

tatoo Nr. 1 (http://community.webshots.com/photo/100693598/100694465GYjNyH)

tatoo Nr. 2 (http://community.webshots.com/photo/100693598/100694608qeMUKh)

coolasfcuk
19-11-2003, 20:27
Came up with great tattoo idea over lunch today :gigi: ....

a barcode, just like this one (http://dataserv.libs.uga.edu/graphics/barcode.jpg), but the letters on top would read: 'X-tina' or 'Chris-py-tina' :gigi: ... and I think a very nice location for it would be the back of my neck.

:ithink: ... yeah, I really like that idea... *considering it really seriously*

cirrus
19-11-2003, 22:45
coolasfcuk, are you sure you woudn't regret that later? But hey, if you really want it, get it.

Or were you being sarcastic and I didn't get your joke? :D

Funny how it's a University of Georgia barcode. I have many friends at that school, it being in the state I live in and all... :)

QueenBee
19-11-2003, 22:47
cirrus, aha! Now I know where you live! *Writes down*

coolasfcuk, I've seen some pictures of barcodes, they look pretty cool. But sometimes the tattoo-artist makes the lines so uneven it looks terrible!

coolasfcuk
19-11-2003, 22:49
Or were you being sarcastic and I didn't get your joke?

nooo, it wasnt a joke... I think a little barcode on the back of your neck is a great tattoo! But I would think hard about the words on top of it.... maybe will think twice about the 'Chris-py-tina' one.... you know, come with something better :)

cirrus
19-11-2003, 22:55
I think you should get it then! But tattoos with small details (like lots of thin lines close to each other) will blur over time, so you don't want it too small. :smoke:

coolasfcuk
20-11-2003, 02:10
But tattoos with small details (like lots of thin lines close to each other) will blur over time, so you don't want it too small.
well, I already dont like the sound of that... :( how small is 'too small'?

russkayatatu
20-11-2003, 02:10
coolasfcuk, ha ha haa, go for it :done: sounds good :gigi:

Me, I'm boring :heh: no piercings or tattoos at all, not even my ears - I've been thinking about a tattoo though - we'll see ;)

kishkash
20-11-2003, 14:09
CaF That's a really kewl idea. I was originally gonna do the same thing....get a tatoo of a barcode on my back instead of the one i have...i dunno what happened instead :grustno:

All the events of that night are still not too clear. I still want that barcode tho...but im debating as to whether i should get another one :p

Veggie Delite
21-11-2003, 21:38

OMG Sooz, u look like my little sis...! can't believe

*doublechecks*

hm... do u have a long lost twin? :ithink:

metlhed
26-11-2003, 13:29
Hey Sooz,
So I finally got to see your tats! That tribal one is F***n mad shit!! And that pic where your looking into the camera looks so freaky!! (In a good way)
I'll catch up wit you later

Former Metal Drummer now MC 'the EVOLUTIONIST'
-metlhed signing out-

Crampaholic
26-11-2003, 16:35
Originally posted by $in

OMG Sooz, u look like my little sis...! can't believe

*doublechecks*

hm... do u have a long lost twin? :ithink:

Lost twin.......:bum:

Not that i know :none: