PDA

View Full Version : The next American President

ypsidan04
14-11-2003, 22:01
So what does everyone think about the many people who are running for the Democratic nomination? If you're an American adult, and don't mind telling, who are you voting for? And if you live somewhere else in the world, or can't vote, who are you hoping wins?

I'm definitely voting for Howard Dean (it'll be the first time I've ever voted :) ). Both of my parents are voting for him as well. I have a sticker for him on my car, and an avatar on another site. I like him mostly because he is against the war in Iraq, and is for civil unions for gays and lesbians. He made civil unions recognized in Vermont, even though most people in the state were against it, and I think he can do the same thing if he is President. I saw him in person, and heard him speak when he came here back in August (I didn't shake his hand or anything, but it was real nice to be able to do that).

http://www.deanforamerica.com/
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/11/14/1068674378810.html - A good article someone sent me in an email today.

People I don't want to win:

John Kerry - I'm sorry, but he just doesn't have the kind of face that I want to be seeing on TV all the time.
Dennis Kucinich - See above. He looks like he was the nerdy kid in school who was always bullied. He isn't the type of person that *looks* like a President.
Joe Lieberman - He's about as conservative as Democrats come. Sort of like John McCain (a liberal Republican).
Al Sharpton - See above. I do not want a reverend being President.

haku
14-11-2003, 22:47
And if you live somewhere else in the world, or can't vote, who are you hoping wins?
This part of the American presidential elections are not talked about here. I don't know any names. They'll start talking about it on the news once the democrat and republican candidates are chosen.

Charles
14-11-2003, 22:48
With respect to the next US presidential election, I'm a yellow-dog-democrat. If the democrats nominate a yellow dog to run against Bush, I'm voting for it.

In truth, I haven't paid much attention to the democratic candidates so far, but I will closer to the primaries.

DAZ
15-11-2003, 01:58
Lets get Michael Moore in there:done:
If not anyone as long as it's not that lying,poll rigging,shouldn't really be President at all Bush:mad: :mad: :bebebe: :bebebe:

spyretto
15-11-2003, 02:08
hehe, Michael Moore. :done:

Well, seriously a) all the people I spoke to think Dean will clinch it.

b) I don't care who is going to be, as long as that idiot ( and his party of recycled warmongers ) goes. For America's good and for our own.

guesshoo
15-11-2003, 03:45
i know we are not dealing w/ the past but i've just gotta say this:
i loved bill clinton w/ all my heart and the only other american president that could give him a run for his money in my book is jfk!
those two guys were the coolest! i love them both. and i know i'm not an american citizen but i wish that there is some way that clinton could come back into power. he really did a great job!
and as far as bush is concerned............no comment. my mother always says "if you have nothing nice say don't say anything at all." however i do think that gore would have been a better pres.

Kappa
15-11-2003, 05:32
guesshoo, mmmm. He was a good president, yes. But he's also the person that coined the term "Get a Lewinski". :P

I'm all for Howard Dean.

(Althought for some reason he reminds me of Harvey Milk. O_o Maybe because he's actually open to ideas.)

Khartoun2004
15-11-2003, 23:34
Hell yeah I'm voting for Dean!! My family even though we're all democrats, we seem to be arguing a lot lately about Dean and Clark. My bro and mom say he's to liberal, but who the hell wants an ex- republican that almost worked for Bush and who is obviously all for War?

Persaonlly I like Dean not just because he's the governor of the first state in this country to pass a law supporting Civil Unions, he also is the only one who has been against the war from the start. I agree with his reasoning behind his opposition of the war. Another point, he's more conservative economicly than most democracts, but he's not a republican. I don't think he's to liberal by any stretch. He's not Howard Zinn or Al Sharpton. Granted he has a few radical changes in mind of our health system, but those are changes I feel are necessary. It rediculous that Canadian drugs cost three times less what they cost here in the states. Those are only a few of the reasons I'm totally supporting Dean for 2004, I could go on forever.

Dean for President 2004!!:yes: :done:

goku
15-11-2003, 23:42
I just hope the Americans elect someone decent..

Ghalib
16-11-2003, 12:59
Originally posted by DAZ
Lets get Michael Moore in there:done:

Fine nomination there !

An informed and entertaining man.

Thankfully he us already in the UK doing the media circles, enlightening many on his belief that Bush has "lied" to the American people saying that the British public wanted these wars in Afghanistan and Iraq ???!:confused:

personally I am looking forward to see Bush get a "warm" welcome ! :bebebe:

QueenBee
16-11-2003, 13:37
I'm with goku.

parrish122
16-11-2003, 15:12
Dean has my vote! :done:

Parrish

elf
18-11-2003, 04:01
The two on my list so far are Howard Dean and Wesley Clark and the primary reason for that is that they voted against the stupid war. Of the two of them I would rather see Clark as a President. To me he looks more honest and a lot wiser than Howard Dean.

Oh well I'm not eligible to vote anyways :grustno:

dare2dream28
18-11-2003, 05:09
Dean's got my vote! Environment all the way!!! :D Boooo for Republican dealings with the environment! Can you believe they (republicans) want to get rid of the Endangered Species Act?!?!? Ugh so stupid! I swear, all the time spent in reintroducing wolves to the lower 48 states only to have them threatened because of republican laws?! Arghhhh don't even get my started on that!!! :bebebe:

EDIT: Yes, I have to say I liked Clinton too, aside from his personal life anyway. :p He was a really good president and did a lot for our country, especially with the environment. He made several hundred acres national monuments, which means they can't be touched. (Can ya tell I'm all for the environment here? :p ) Unlike Bush who wants to freaken tear up the land in Alaska to mine for oil and cut down trees in national forests!!! *takes step back* Sorry, I was rambling again.

Celtic Jobber
19-11-2003, 07:44
Howard Dean all the way. But, hell at this point, I'd be willing to vote for almost anyone who's not George W[armonger] Bush (or a Republican).

But I have to admit that after the way Bush stole the election in 2000, I have little faith that my vote will count for anything.

And by the way, I come from a family of conservative Republicans. :none: