PDA

View Full Version : The Chosen

parrish122
06-11-2003, 16:08
Yes, I'm insane. I'm starting yet *another* fic.

Chapter one, "A Newborn Hope" is up. It's at: http://parrish122.diaryland.com/older.html

I *had* used that site for an actual journal, but I kept being slack about updating it, so I figured I'd throw a fanfic on there. :) The fanfic is clearly titled though.

This fanfic is pretty different, even for me. *laughs* Let me know what you think, please.

Parrish

haku
06-11-2003, 16:37
Ooh Parrish! I like this first chapter! That's what i love about your fics! You take us in directions and universes we're not expecting! :)
I had a starwarsy feeling reading this! I like the fact that we don't know where or when we are! Could be Antiquity, Middle Ages, or even a backward remote planet in a distant future... LOL, ok, i'll stop the craziness now! :D

amikana
06-11-2003, 16:59
ooh! i very much like the sound of this fic! very different and very very good!! :D i don't know how you do it Parrish :)

amikana

angeljas01
06-11-2003, 17:45
All I can say is Wow!...I'm really liking this story =)

samegirl
06-11-2003, 18:44
wow parrish! this is going to be wow! i have no words, i have a good feeling with this fic, i really do

PoisonousTruth
06-11-2003, 21:01
Yes, Parrish, you are insane.. how in the world do you keep all these story lines straight?*l*

That was a great start to this story and of course you've left as all wanting more.:D

showMElove2
06-11-2003, 23:13
Wow! Looking forward to reading more of this! Brilliant start as always!!!

warx
06-11-2003, 23:27
MY GOD...ur so GOOOOD....:D

guesshoo
07-11-2003, 00:40
this reminds me of the strories of Moses and his mother in the Old Testament and of Jesus' birth in the New Testament of the Bible.
i like this approach, definately different. i'm looking forward to what this story has to offer!

rivierakid
07-11-2003, 03:41
*Another* one?? Dang...You really are crazy! But, then again, I wouldn't have you any other way. :D

And besides, I really like this. It's awesome! I'll definitely be waiting for more!

parrish122
07-11-2003, 15:54
Chapter two, "When It Changed" is up!

And it is more than twice as long as chapter one. *Faints*

Thanks for the comments gang. I'm *really* enjoying writing this one. Not that I don't enjoy all of them, but I think this will be one of my favorites. :)

Parrish

samegirl
07-11-2003, 16:38
Very very good chapter parrish and with lots of action like the best laid plans! (one of my favourites!) you rock girl, and i'm amazed with this mental power lena and yulia have, and how yulia is so protective with lena :) how sweet is that
l liked it wery wery much!

amikana
07-11-2003, 17:37
[speechless] wow. i *really* like the direction this story is taking. they're both so powerful and yet vulnerable and together they're like invincible.....

[sigh] it's just *so* good! and it's only been two chapters :)

amikana :D

guesshoo
07-11-2003, 22:45
i love how powerfu they are. that is the coolest thing ever!
and the grammar is off the chains!
i can tell this is going to be fun.

great work..........parrish (thought i'd give it a break for a post or 2). ;-)

angeljas01
08-11-2003, 00:16
Parrish I'm sooooo loving this one...Beautiful writing as always.
:)

showMElove2
08-11-2003, 05:33
Hooked on yet another one! The versatility of your writing always amazes me. Action (yeah) "Let's get ready to rumble"
(lol Couldn't resist; I think the 10 hour shifts are getting to me)

PoisonousTruth
08-11-2003, 07:17
I was holding my breath the whole way through that chapter.

haku
09-11-2003, 06:53
Great writing as usual Parrish. :)
The link between Yulia and Lena reminded me of the Atreides twins. Well, they get married in the end, maybe Y&L will too... :D

So much violence and it's only 2 chapters... This story is gonna be action packed. :)

Everywhere i look, men always seem to want to rape or abuse girls and women *shakes head and sighs* I feel ashamed.

Kouketsuno Rei
09-11-2003, 16:50
Whoa, another one! You spoil us!!

Your writing is just incredible! I love it! This one is quite interesting, too! I'm really looking forward to an update! :D

dare2dream28
09-11-2003, 22:34
OMG OMG O_M_G!!!! This is freaken AWESOME!!!! *jumps up and down* Woooozzzeerrrsss this is one heck of a story already! Gosh it reminds me of that story where that one king who had every baby killed under 2..umm, was it mythology or did it deal with Christianity somehow? Don't remember. Anyway, Parrish, WOAH!!! I laughed and cringed when I saw where Lena hit her mark. hehe WOAH I am just blown away already by this fic!!!!! I can't wait for the next chapter Parrish!!! :done:

warx
09-11-2003, 22:43
AWESOME parrish....:done:

parrish122
11-11-2003, 23:32
Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

And Dare2dream? I was thinking of how in the Bible it tells of mass killings of infants when both Moses and Jesus were born.

I was also thinking of the tale of Oedipus. A prophecy was made at his birth that he would kill his father. So Laius (his father) decided that his son must die (if I remember right, he was left in the wild to die). Oedipus *didn't* die, and ended up killing his father and marrying his mother--not knowing who they were, of course. So, when Laius decided to have his son killed to avoid the prophecy, he ended up causing it to come true.

And this is where the whole "Oedipus complex" gets it's name.

So when your parents say, "Stop reading those trashy fanfics.", you can honestly say, "But we learn things from Parrish's stories!". :D

Parrish

parrish122
12-11-2003, 16:07
Chapter three, "Let Me Share Your Pain" is up!

Parrish

dare2dream28
12-11-2003, 19:25
Originally posted by parrish122
Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

And Dare2dream? I was thinking of how in the Bible it tells of mass killings of infants when both Moses and Jesus were born.

I was also thinking of the tale of Oedipus. A prophecy was made at his birth that he would kill his father. So Laius (his father) decided that his son must die (if I remember right, he was left in the wild to die). Oedipus *didn't* die, and ended up killing his father and marrying his mother--not knowing who they were, of course. So, when Laius decided to have his son killed to avoid the prophecy, he ended up causing it to come true.

And this is where the whole "Oedipus complex" gets it's name.

So when your parents say, "Stop reading those trashy fanfics.", you can honestly say, "But we learn things from Parrish's stories!". :D

Parrish

I knew the beginning story line sounded familiar!!!! Thanks for reminding me--the Oedipus story was the one that I was thinking of when reading your story. And LOL@your eductional comment for fanfics. :) True though! Look at all we learned from BLP! That was one awesome story, still my absolute fav of all time. :D

End of Chapter 3---awww isn't that cute! That's all I'll say about that so I don't give it away. ;) Thanks for the great update Parrish!

haku
12-11-2003, 23:05
Such a sweet chapter, and yeah, the end is extra sweet. :)

Ok, i'll continue with my geeky references but Lena with her red hair and her powers totally reminds me of a Leroni of Darkover. :)

showMElove2
13-11-2003, 09:42
Gosh, I almost felt that pain. Great chapter once again!

parrish122
13-11-2003, 15:46
Chapter four, "You Would Still See The Real Me", is up!

And Haku? Who writes the book you mentioned in your last post? You've got me curious now. :)

Parrish

amikana
13-11-2003, 16:04
awww [tear for lena] :(

but i really really *really* like this fic. it has this whole like 'epic' quality to it that is phenomenal - and so unlike a lot of other fics. great stuff here Parrish :)

amikana

dare2dream28
13-11-2003, 17:47
Awww, I feel so bad for Lena, but it's good that Yuia's there to comfort her. I'm glad how you write about how close they are and how they each have their ways of comforting each other, even if it's just by a simple gesture. Great stuff Parrish! :done:

haku
13-11-2003, 21:04
Poor Lena. :( That must be fantastic though to be able to share your pain (and i assume your joy) so deeply with someone.

warx
13-11-2003, 22:55
cnt wait for more parrish....
i really really really really like this one...:gigi:

parrish122
14-11-2003, 15:46
Chapter five, "You Have Always Been Here", is up!

Parrish

amikana
14-11-2003, 16:22
awwwww! Parrish i honestly don't know how you do it but gosh, this is great! so much emotion!

dare2dream28
14-11-2003, 16:26
*sniff* That was so sad, yet so heartfelt at the same time. That last action and line by Lena...oh that gets the biggest AWWWW ever!! Parrish, you are turning me into a big softy! I never really got emotional over stories until I started to read yours..guess you've worked your magic well! :D

guesshoo
15-11-2003, 01:19
awwww, that is so sweeeeet!
i am really lovin this mov.......i mean fic.

great work p.!

Veggie Delite
15-11-2003, 01:25
it was so touchy :(

*blows nose in handkerchief*

haku
15-11-2003, 06:41
I'm glad Lena was able to somehow know her mother, but feeling the moment of death of someone you love like that must be extremely hard!

I like the way you describe the incredibly deep connection between Y&L. :)

angeljas01
15-11-2003, 07:39
Very sweet chapter Parrish! thanks!

showMElove2
15-11-2003, 09:51
Your creativity in these storylines continues to astonish me, It was so touching that Lena had the power to know her mom through those images and the fact that Y&L share everything together; the good and the bad makes it that much sweeter!!

parrish122
15-11-2003, 15:58
Chapter six, "Forever" , is up!

And gang? Thank you so much for your comments. They mean a lot to me. It helps to know that I am able to make people feel for my characters. :)

Parrish

dare2dream28
15-11-2003, 16:09
For a second there I was scared that Lena was pulling away because she saw something bad in their future, but I am *so* relieved that it's not that at all. :D This is definitely an interesting story. I have to say though, it's us who should be thanking *you* for writing such good stories all the time and putting *so* much emotion in them. Parrish, you're one heck of a writer. :done:

haku
15-11-2003, 16:25
I have to say though, it's us who should be thanking *you* for writing such good stories all the time and putting *so* much emotion in them. Parrish, you're one heck of a writer.
I couldn't agree more, thank *you* Parrish. :rose:

I too was worried by the tension between the two of them at the beginning. But the end is so sweet and moving. :) *wipes a tear*

amikana
15-11-2003, 18:22
the only reason i was worried about the slight bit of tension was because i was afraid it would last too long and something would happen or they'd get torn apart or something, you know? guess not though (which i'm happy for!), i'm so glad they are open with each other again.

and damn! i can just picture lena blindfolded with those knives and what a sexy, dangerous picture it is!!
great work Parrish!

guesshoo
15-11-2003, 21:14
they finally admitted their feelings huh?
nice!
now they are completely opn and honest w/ each other, which is in itself a good thing!

thanx again p. diddy. and trust me, everyone here really enjoys your writing. i know i look forward to it everyday!
keep up the good work.

Veggie Delite
16-11-2003, 01:42
the coming out parts are always so sweet :)

PoisonousTruth
16-11-2003, 04:27
I agree with $in, those parts are always sweet.

And yes Parrish.. we always feel your characters.:)

parrish122
16-11-2003, 16:39
Chapter seven, "It Isn't Rushing If We Both Want It", is up!

And you all are the best readers ever! :) Thank you.

Parrish

amikana
16-11-2003, 17:07
bwahahaha! practice!! :):)

sign me up for a couple practice sessions. ;) heh. great, and i mean truly great chapter Parrish. :)

amikana

haku
16-11-2003, 17:24
I was wondering how deep their connection would be when they "interact" that way, well, pretty deep. :)

I shouldn't read that kind of chapter in the middle of the afternoon while i'm working though. That's not good for my blood pressure. :D

Veggie Delite
16-11-2003, 21:56
Originally posted by haku
I shouldn't read that kind of chapter in the middle of the afternoon while i'm working though. That's not good for my blood pressure. :D

i read fics in the evening :D

guesshoo
17-11-2003, 04:12
hmmmm........
interesting. interesting indeed.

good work p. diddy.

parrish122
17-11-2003, 16:30
Chapter 8, "That May Save Them", is up!

Parrish

PoisonousTruth
17-11-2003, 16:35
I'm so happy that they finally admitted to each other how they felt, but now I fear that things might not be all together peachy in the near future.

warx
17-11-2003, 22:47
i guess they (L&Y) cnt hide anything frm morgan and martin..:)

haku
17-11-2003, 23:03
Damn, i forgot to post here because i read this chapter when it was in the wrong place. :)

I'm glad to see that in this world two girls loving each other doesn't cause anyone to even raise an eyebrow. That's the way it should be. Those are happy times for Y&L, i hope they're going to make the best of it because obviously it's not going to last.

i guess they (L&Y) cnt hide anything frm morgan and martin..
Actually Martin didn't see anything. He's a man, most men don't notice that kind of things unless it's blatantly obvious. (i.e. Lena throwing Yulia on the table and starting french kissing her) :D

parrish122
18-11-2003, 16:24
Chapter nine, "The Twins", is up!

And, as usual, Haku is right. LOL.

Morgan knew *something* was different, but not what. Lena *and* Yulia have gotten stronger, so if they want to hide something from her, they more than likely can. She saw how Lena and Yulia were looking at each other, which is something anyone could have seen, and figured it out. Plus, concidering the vision she had the day they were born, she knew this was coming.

And poor Martin didn't know until told. But I think he may have picked up on it *before* the throwing Yulia onto the table and french kissing her phase. :D

Parrish

dare2dream28
18-11-2003, 19:00
LOL@haku's comment about men. :) I don't know if it's just men who have trouble reading people's emotions though. I'm a girl and I can't read other people's emotions to save my life (yet you give me a dog and I can read their body language like a book...odd, I know). I didn't notice my roommate was giving me the silent treatment and was mad at me until four days later. LOL

Now as far as the twins, WOW that's got to leave some emotional scaring!! :( I can see why they didn't want to get rid of their clothes. I'm very curious on what info Lena couldn't tell...definitely has my attention! Ooooo and for some reason, I can't wait for the fight scenes. I just have this picture of Yulia doing some Xena like moves then Lena throwing the knives every which way like in that one episode where Xena controlled all the weapons with her mind (or whatever forces that Lao Ma taught her) when Min Tien was going to crucify her. Looking forward to the next chapter(s) Parrish! :D

Lena410
18-11-2003, 19:59
Great chapter!! I loved it! :D

I'm curious where the thing with the twins is going..*raises eyebrow*

btw thought of this in gym *ggg* FFSS! you still remember? *giggle*

haku
18-11-2003, 20:42
Great chapter :)

Argh, now my mind is working over time trying to figure out those twins, very few hints to work on though... :D

showMElove2
19-11-2003, 14:56
yeah me too, whats up with the twins? Well I guess we will find out what your creative mind is working up soon!

guesshoo
20-11-2003, 02:12
awww, those twins are so precious!
i can't wait to see what happens next.

good work p. diddy!

PoisonousTruth
20-11-2003, 02:39
Yes, I'm very curious about these twins. They seem really sweet. I hope they stay that way.

parrish122
20-11-2003, 23:07
Haku, there are more clues than you think. :D

Dare2dream, I was actually inspired more by the warrior queen Boudicca (also spelled as Boadicca) than by Xena...but I wouldn't be surprised if the creators of Xena had been inspired by Boudicca as well. :)

You can read about her here:

http://www.hhhh.org/maia/boudicca.html

Parrish

parrish122
21-11-2003, 16:07
Chapter ten, "Dreamvision", is up!

Parrish

dare2dream28
21-11-2003, 16:29
Ooooo cliffhanger of sorts. That dreamvision was definitely thought provoking. I've always been so bad at symbolism and hidden meanings so right now I'm clueless as to what it meant. LOL I was wondering the same thing Yulia was...I thought out of the two it would be Lena to see that. Definitely anxious to find out what's next!!

PoisonousTruth
21-11-2003, 17:11
I was surprised too that it was Yulia that had the vision. We know it means something, but what? Wait, the twins... one was light and the other was dark. Maybe they have something to do with it.

haku
21-11-2003, 17:55
Originally posted by parrish122
Haku, there are more clues than you think.
Damn, i've been working a lot those past days and my mind is a blurr, and that new chapter offers a lot to think about. But i'm too tired now LOL, i'll try to think later. :D

amikana
21-11-2003, 21:03
ooh, yuli has a vision?! yikes. i can only imagine how scary it must have been for lena, to not be able to reach her. at least yulia had an awesome sight to wake up to, being in bed with lena and all.....

great work Parrish! :)

amikana

guesshoo
22-11-2003, 17:13
a vision huh?
i wonder what it means........

thanx parrish.
and now i'm off to figure this thing out.

parrish122
23-11-2003, 14:50
Chapter 11, "Martin's Promise", is up!

Parrish

haku
23-11-2003, 15:05
Parrish... leg humping... again? *laughs* :D

I soon stopped smiling when i realized where the chapter was going though. Very powerful chapter.

PS: You posted the chapter on the I Promise To Never Love You page. ;)

parrish122
23-11-2003, 15:36
ARRGH!

Why do I keep doing stupid stuff like that? <sigh>

*runs to fix*

Edit--fixed. :D

You know, I tried to argue with my character about that leg humping. I said, "They are *never* going to let me live that down!"

She just laughed and said, "Admit it. You think it's funny."

Of course I did. So it stayed in the chapter. :)

Parrish

dare2dream28
23-11-2003, 19:39
LOL@the leg humping!! That's it, what's the story behind the leg humping thing! I am dieing to know because it's just too funny!! :D On a different note, awwwww the end of the chapter is so sad!! :( Poor Martin, I wonder how he will handle this as well as Y&L.

PoisonousTruth
23-11-2003, 20:27
I have to laugh at the leg humping too. Parrish, I now deem you the leg humping queen.*LOL*

Even though I cracked up at the leg humping thing I soon lost my laughter at the end. I hope the three of them can get through this together.

parrish122
25-11-2003, 01:28
Chapter 12, "Grief", is up!

Leg humping queen? Well, as long as I am royalty! :D

Parrish

amikana
25-11-2003, 01:33
i'm so glad yulia and lena will be able to help each other through morgan's death. and i think that having them be strong will help martin deal as well.

great chapter parrish! :)

amikana

guesshoo
25-11-2003, 02:21
awww man, i knew this was goind to happen.
i just knew it!

my condolences.

thanx parrish!

haku
25-11-2003, 04:08
Y&L are showing a lot of strength in that situation. And they are sensitive, they must have really *felt* Morgan's death, that must be a terrible experience! Especially after having already felt Lena's mother's death and the death of the twins' parents. That's a lot to take in!
But they are in a war like situation. People in those situations know they have to stay focused on the fight.

PoisonousTruth
25-11-2003, 04:41
I think major fighting is about to begin, but I don't think there's need for fretting. They are very strong.

Veggie Delite
25-11-2003, 15:53
so sad chapter :(

i like the twins very much :)

warx
25-11-2003, 22:37
now yulia defintly PISSED of....:done:

u better watch out KING....:D

parrish122
27-11-2003, 16:57
Chapter 12, "Saying Goodbye" is up.

Yes, it's a very short chapter. But I also wrote a chapter for "I Promise To Never Love you" and "Only In Dreams". I am *very* tired right now.

*Settles in for a long winter's nap*

Parrish

PoisonousTruth
27-11-2003, 19:29
I'm glad that the three of them were there for each other.

I think warx is right. The King better watch out especially now.

Don't you worry about it being short. You work your butt off on these stories. You deserve a nap.

haku
27-11-2003, 21:15
The chapter may be short but it conveys very strong emotions. :)

Have a nice nap, though it's a bit late to say that. :)

showMElove2
28-11-2003, 03:53
Thats one funeral I could find comfort in! She was certainly well-lloved and deserving of it.

Edited to add: Now its time to kick some ass!

parrish122
29-11-2003, 14:46
Chapter 13, "My Love For You Is A Prayer", is up.

Parrish

haku
29-11-2003, 16:04
This is heartbreaking. I never expected they would have to be separated, even though it makes sense from a military point of view.
I can't help but wonder though... Could one of them really survive the other one's death (and that goes for the twins as well), Y&L are not twins but their link is certainly as deep.
And Parrish, i have no idea where this story is going, you completely got me with this one. :)

samegirl
29-11-2003, 16:08
I don't know if i'm too emotionall these days, but this chapter brought tears to my eyes...
Is she going to die doc?
I thought they were invencible...
Please keep them safe doc...

warx
29-11-2003, 21:38
yulia cnt do that....
yulia cnt do that...
she's nothing w/o lena???(vice versa)
their power is much stronger if both of them joined force

parrish122
04-12-2003, 15:49
Chapter 14, "Lena's Decision", is up!

Parrish

PoisonousTruth
04-12-2003, 16:35
Oh.. *sighs* Why do I think something bad is going to happen... *chants silently to myself* Must not be so cynical, must not be so cynical...

Veggie Delite
04-12-2003, 19:36
together again :)
just as it should be!

haku
04-12-2003, 21:47
Whatever happens, they'll face it together, that's what matters. :)

"My beautiful stubborn love", i like that. :D

Besides, with the twins, the combination of their 4 powers is probably far more powerful than just the addition of each one's individual power.

parrish122
05-12-2003, 15:47
Chapter 15, "War's End" is up! It is also the last chapter in the storyline. However, there is an "extra" chapter, which is an insanely long author's note, explaining the symbolism of the fic.

Thank you, to everyone, who read and commented on the story. It wouldn't be half as much fun to write without the encouragement I get from you all.

Parrish

Veggie Delite
05-12-2003, 18:57
:head smoking:

jeez parrish, i need to put some ice on my brain... :spy:

i liked the story so much, and i think iĺl read it once more to catch up on those symbol thingies...

excellent work!
:) :) :)

dare2dream28
05-12-2003, 19:05
Wow that was awesome!!!!!! And wwoooaaaahhh @ the twins' powers!!! And awwwww@ what Ruth did. :D When I first read what was happening I was like "Nooooo!!!! It's practically done and this just *can't* happen!! Not after how far they've come!" But then I was greatly surprised and very happy. :D I absolutely loved how Yulia was still joking around a bit even in the situation. That was cute. :) Well Parrish, another great story under your belt. Two huge thumbs up! :done: :done:

haku
05-12-2003, 23:08
Wow, i'm glad i did not read that early this morning LOL :D

That was a great story Parrish, and the finale is impressive. I think it's fair to say that i missed all the symbols in that story LOL I need to upgrade my brain. :D

I'll end with a light comment, i can't help it. If i was dying, i wouldn't mind that the last thing i saw from this word was Lena taking off her shirt... :lalala:

warx
05-12-2003, 23:38
its over??? :ithink:
cnt u jst put something else to make the story long....hehehehehehe----me jst kidding parrish....u knw i love this fic......i jst dnt wnt to end.....:D

so u gonna make another one....:)

PoisonousTruth
05-12-2003, 23:58
Okay, yeah.. my head is a spinning just a tad, but..*L* I reread the author's note and I think I understand it now.:)

*bows down to the Mighty Parrish* Oh Great One, you have finished another excellent fanfic. Oh how I love your stories.. let me count the ways.

*stands back up* Okay.. Girl, you've done it once again. I loved the beginning, the middle, and the end. I cried, laughed, and did both at the same time at certain parts. If you don't continue writing new ones I'll have to ... to.. *thinks*.. I'll have to harass you until you don't like me anymore.*l*

parrish122
06-12-2003, 17:08
Ack! Can you believe I forgot to explain part of the symbolism?

I'll make this quick and fairly simple, so I won't burn out anyone's brain. :) Jung called the darker side of our nature our "shadow side". So, that's why I called the King's men the "shadowmen".

Also, many myths use the "older, wiser figure" to guide the hero. In more modern times, we've seen that used in the character Gandolf in the "Lord Of the Rings" books. I split that between Morgan and Martin.

I *think* that's everything. :D

Haku--I *knew* you'd enjoy the image of Lena taking off her shirt! But seeing as how you go catatonic when you see her breasts even when you are in good health...I shiver to think of how soon she'd put you in a coma if you saw her like that while bleeding heavily. Still, there are much worse ways to die...

PT--Do you *really* think you have to worry about *me* not writing new fics? Well, if I died I'd stop......maybe. :D

Parrish

PoisonousTruth
06-12-2003, 17:19
I should hope I wouldnt' have to worry about it.:) You live up to that Stephen King quote very well.

rivierakid
06-12-2003, 20:48
Awwww...It's the end? Darn...-_-

Oh well. All good things must come to an end, right? And that was a pretty darn good fic! So, it makes sense. Anyway, congrats on another freaking awesome story, and especially well done with all the symbolism. Oh, and speaking of the symbolism, thanks for the little authors note about that. Very interesting, in my opinion. No way I woulda caught all that.

So, anyway, you know what comes next. (Wait for it, wait for iiiiiiiiit.......) YOU ROCK! :done::D

angeljas01
07-12-2003, 05:10
So sad that it's the end...but it was a great end. Thanks Parrish for this fic, I like that it was a battle story that held so much meaning with all those symbolisms. And as always thanks for the author's note to point that out...which will make reading it the second time like a Where's Waldo game :)

parrish122
07-12-2003, 14:57
Anglejas....you made me giggle for a good couple of minutes at the "where's waldo" comparison. :D

Riviera...does it surprise you at all that you made me laugh with your "Wait for iiiiiit....YOU ROCK!"? No? Good, because you have such a knack for cracking me up.

PT....thanks for what you said about me living up to the Stephen King quote. That really put a smile on my face. I was reading one of his introductions and saw that line....and it captured *exactly* how I feel about writing. So to hear that you think I live up to that....well, that was just wonderful.:) Plus, with you being such a talented writer, praise from you means a great deal to me.

And everybody who liked the author's note---thank you! I put a lot of thought into that, so it's great to hear that it was enjoyed. :) There were times when I was writing this fic where I thought *my* brains were going to burn out, trying to slip in the symbolism to where it would make sense, but not to the point that it would overshadow the fun of the story.

I noticed that a lot of you said that you wouldn't have gotten the symbolism without the note...but I think you *did*, on a subconscious level. After all, the vast majority of you *knew* Yulia's plan to separate herself from Lena, and to separate Ruth and Noemi was wrong...even though it made sense from a miliitary point of view.

Parrish