PDA

View Full Version : As said by Britney Spears

Kappa
21-10-2003, 07:16
Stolen from a friend's LiveJournal.
A quote from Britney Spears, who says she has a pretty clear conception of God in an interview with Cinema magazine:

"...Everyone is at peace and happy, and they all hop around from cloud to cloud. In Heaven you can see your grandparents and everyone you loved once again. And an old man with a long white beard wanders around, that's God."

... Wow.

So she had to clear up that the long white bearded man was God? :rolleyes: :D

Isn't it nice seeing how someone who's a couple of years older, or equal (Haku, Parrish, and Denial excluded :P), than most of the people in the forum, has the mental process of a six year old?

protoman2k1
21-10-2003, 09:04
darje,
Im pretty sure, that was her image of heaven no need to say that about her, humm and maybe it makes sence, Im a Catholic and when u enter a Catholic church they have a picture of the Holy trinity and God is a man with a white long beard . Everyone has different opinions of what heaven is, no one should be made fun of because of there opinions.

raven ryuu
21-10-2003, 11:21
All we had in my church were images of Jesus...and he had a long brown beard.
I'd like to poke fun at another young star...Jessica Simpson
If you've been watching her newlywed TV series on MTV, you will have learned that:

1. She thinks "Chicken of the Sea" is actually CHICKEN, although it "tastes like tuna"

2. When offered to eat Buffalo Wings, she will refuse because she doesn't eat Buffalo. (and she did not know that Buffalo don't have wings).

:lol:

protoman2k1
21-10-2003, 11:31
I love that show, I luve Jessica 2!!!

EeZeReal
21-10-2003, 16:46
Isn't it nice seeing how someone who's a couple of years older has the mental process of a six year old?

LoL...Its truely beautiful. :D. I mean what about David Beckham

Originally said by the imbecile himself
'My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7.' :rolleyes:

freddie
21-10-2003, 18:04
This girl amazes me more every day with her profound responses. It's obvious that she is a personification of a platinum blonde intelectual. So much for those blonde jokes eh? I guess she showed us.:rolleyes:

Lena410
21-10-2003, 19:37
:D well life surely is easier if you see everything that simple... is she sure that the old man with the long beard is god and not santa claus? damn..I was looking forward to meeting santa when I die...*shakes head in disappointment*

she stopped suprising me after she asked in an live interview for australian fans where australia is...and then said that a land so far away from L.A. can't be important. :rolleyes:

and since I have a girl in class who could be her twin..*cough* I'm still convinced she and her sister have to be somehow related to britney *cough* ...I'm even more used to such comments...:lol:

cirrus
21-10-2003, 19:48
Oh how I love Jessica Simpson! It must be a scary, scary place inside of her head. She's afraid of dolphins!

Britney's not as fun compared to her. She's just... dumb.

Lux
21-10-2003, 21:07
so the girl's not the sharpest tool in the box. *shrug* what she doesn't have she makes up for in utter hotness. one of the hottest girls ever. so she's manufactured. she's still hott.:D

guesshoo
21-10-2003, 23:46
hmmmmmmm................interesting.

folks, when this kind of statement is made, the only appropriate response would be to "smile and nod".

Rachel
21-10-2003, 23:48
Originally posted by Lux
one of the hottest girls ever. so she's manufactured. she's still hott.:D I'd rather f**k Ivan than f**k her! (And that's saying something considering I'm gay!)

Lux
21-10-2003, 23:58
Originally posted by I_Love_Yulia
I'd rather f**k Ivan than f**k her! (And that's saying something considering I'm gay!)

well..yeah. me too, i mean..it's the Don. :rolleyes::D

madeldoe
22-10-2003, 07:11
no amount of vodka could persuade me to want to have sexual relations with that man *gag* :ill:

*returns to watching making the video for britney's vid featuring madonna" doo bee doo :D

EDIT:

LMFAO! :laugh: i knew i was in for a laugh! this vid's even funnier than bloodhound gangs 'mammals' video. LOL ohh my sides hurt :lol:

"ive never done a collaboration"
mm hmm..even though u did a song with pharell from the neptunes :rolleyes:

PowerPuff Grrl
22-10-2003, 10:52
Originally posted by Lux
so the girl's not the sharpest tool in the box. *shrug* what she doesn't have she makes up for in utter hotness. one of the hottest girls ever. so she's manufactured. she's still hott.:D

See, I never got that.
I could easily walk into any mall in my city and spot like 50 girls that would be a whole lot hotter than Britney. I just find her to be plain.

Anyhoo here is my contribution:

In an interview with Esquire magazine she said that she was not resorting to using innuendo to sell records. When it was explained to her what the word "innuendo" means, Spears replied, 'Oh ,yeah. That. Oh, I do that all the time. I thought you just meant oral sex'.

Spears, you is talky meat... DANCE MONKEY!!!

QueenBee
22-10-2003, 16:50
Thank god Britney isn't a real blonde *hallelujah*
*Is an offended blonde*

And I have always disliked her, *waves sign that says "Burn in hell Britney Spears"*

Kappa
22-10-2003, 17:21
O_o This might not have much to do, but now I wonder: did Britney Spears finish senior high?

QueenBee
22-10-2003, 17:25
Oh, d'you know what she said? :D

"I like going to countries oversea, like Canada."

kishkash
22-10-2003, 17:45

:rolleyes:

spyretto
22-10-2003, 18:53
dear darje

Don't tell me you have a crush on Britney?

Kappa
22-10-2003, 19:20
dear darje

Don't tell me you have a crush on Britney?

If I had a crush on Britney, don't you think I'd be crushed by those gigantic implants she has? :rolleyes: No, I don't. :P

QueenBee, you are KIDDING.

coolasfcuk
22-10-2003, 19:28
don't you think I'd be crushed by those gigantic implants she has?

:confused: you call those gigantic :laugh: you must not have seen what gigantic boob implants are ;)
besides... getting a boob job done is not that big of a deal, esp for someone like her - whose career depends mainly on image :)

cirrus
22-10-2003, 21:26
Originally posted by darje
O_o This might not have much to do, but now I wonder: did Britney Spears finish senior high?

Yeah, in small town Louisiana. That's close to Alabama. :eek: No offense to Alabama, since I'm right next to it (Georgia).

Britney didn't know who sang "I love Rock and Roll".
"Uhhh, I love that song! It's so great! I just lloooovveee Pat Benatar!"

It's by Joan Jet. Britney later went on to do a cover version...

Kappa
22-10-2003, 21:53
Yeah, sure she loves that song. :lol:

coolasfcuk
22-10-2003, 22:01
Yeah, sure she loves that song.

just as t.A.T.u. love HSIN by 'The Smiths' :lol:

rewatch/re listen to all your t.A.T.u. files, you will know what I am talking about ;)

protoman2k1
23-10-2003, 03:30
I also taught Pat Bennator, sang that song

raven ryuu
23-10-2003, 15:45
Britney vs. Jessica thread now huh? :lol: From what I've read in these posts, I think Britney wins by a landslide. I haven't seen more Jessica moments yet...maybe she can catch up :p

cirrus
23-10-2003, 18:41
raven ryuu, have you seen the Jessica Simpson "Newlyweds" show? It's full of her stupid moments.

Hear's a bit:

So we relish Jessica's whiny, spoiled-brat inability to pick up after herself. We delight at Nick having to put up with her pestering him about how he spends too much time with his brother Drew. Mostly, we laugh at what spectacularly stupid thing Jessica will come up with next. She doesn't realize that "Chicken of the Sea" is not actually chicken. She always thought "platypus" was pronounced "platymapus." She thinks buffalo wings are made from, well, buffalo.

The rest is here (http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/tv_radio/article/0,1651,TCP_1083_2328714,00.html)

I don't think Britney is very funny. In fact, she kinda gets on my nerves.

kishkash
23-10-2003, 18:48
OMG lol...i remember seeing that chicken of the sea.

She was just sitting there munching, then all of a sudden she's all like "i know this is fish...but is it chicken?" (like THAT makes sense :rolleyes: ). Nick looks like he's about at the end of his rope in the next scene.

I honestly dunno what happened there... :hmmm:
*cough*trophy*cough*

but hey...she might not know a lot about the world (or much else)...but she might just be a really deep thinker ya know...like ... erm ... yah whateva :D

russkayatatu
24-10-2003, 04:46
Originally posted by QueenBee
Oh, d'you know what she said? :D

QB, I thought that was said by George W. Bush? :confused: :rolleyes:

I guess there are a lot of these phrases around, attributed to whoever people think is "dumb" :gigi:

goku
24-10-2003, 04:52
I can see where a lot of her seemingly unintelligble questions come from. When thinking "i know this is fish...but is it chicken?" she might have been thinking that vegetarians don't eat meat, and that chicken is meat, so fish is chicken.. OK nevermind I don't understand how she thinks, haha..

But I do think that everyone has a right to their own believes of what their heaven is like, no matter how childish or simple it may seem.

coolasfcuk
24-10-2003, 04:58
But I do think that everyone has a right to their own believes of what their heaven is like, no matter how childish or simple it may seem.

:done: exactly...
but you know, people are hypocritical creatures..... it's demonstrated all the time... ;)

taty994945
24-10-2003, 05:13
I agree with goku. No one knows what happens after death...

raven ryuu
26-10-2003, 04:34
thanks for the link to that Newlyweds article cirrus. I posted about the Chicken of the Sea and Buffalo Wings incidents in the first page of this thread :p hehehe
I get MTV 2 weeks later out here on Guam, but I saw the preview for the episode of Jessica's 23rd birthday. She says something like this (while talking on a cellphone):
"I'm 23, which is almost 25, which is almost mid-20's" :lol:
So...25 is not mid-20's? :rolleyes: What's mid-20's then? 29? :laugh:

taty994945
26-10-2003, 04:47
eeerrr...but i thought 25 was mid-20s. whats going on here? :dknow: :gigi:

denial
26-10-2003, 04:48
Originally posted by raven ryuu
thanks for the link to that Newlyweds article cirrus. I posted about the Chicken of the Sea and Buffalo Wings incidents in the first page of this thread :p hehehe
I get MTV 2 weeks later out here on Guam, but I saw the preview for the episode of Jessica's 23rd birthday. She says something like this (while talking on a cellphone):
"I'm 23, which is almost 25, which is almost mid-20's" :lol:
So...25 is not mid-20's? :rolleyes: What's mid-20's then? 29? :laugh:

I don't understand your joke :ithink: ... so I had to laugh at you :laugh:

spyretto
26-10-2003, 04:49
If I had a crush on Britney, don't you think I'd be crushed by those gigantic implants she has? No, I don't. :P

show me one who hasn't got them !

raven ryuu
26-10-2003, 05:35
According to Jessica Simpson, being 23 y/o is almost like being 25 y/o. And being 25 y/o is ALMOST mid-twenties. Let's see...from what I've learned in math, 25 is in the middle...between 20 and 30. That would make it mid-twenties wouldn't it? :lol:
I don't know how else to explain it, but it's funny to me :p

goku
26-10-2003, 05:55
Originally posted by spyretto
show me one who hasn't got them !

Exactly, spryetto. Isn't it sad now, that girls without them are rare and hard to find?

denial
26-10-2003, 06:01
Originally posted by raven ryuu
According to Jessica Simpson, being 23 y/o is almost like being 25 y/o. And being 25 y/o is ALMOST mid-twenties. Let's see...from what I've learned in math, 25 is in the middle...between 20 and 30. That would make it mid-twenties wouldn't it? :lol:
I don't know how else to explain it, but it's funny to me :p

:ithink: ..is that it? ...now I'm laughing at myself ..:laugh:

For you :rose: ..

spyretto
26-10-2003, 06:04
As far as I'm concerned Britney Spears scores a total ZERO in terms of musical innovation...not that I follow her career at all but she's such a predictably manufactured icon

Exactly, spryetto. Isn't it sad now, that girls without them are rare and hard to find?

Lena is naturally "gifted", and I don't think that Yulia's frame can support them :D so they're pretty safe...

denial
26-10-2003, 06:17
hmm, I read all the "dithyrambs" about Britney Spears in that other thread but it wouldn't be appropriate to start flaming with her fans over there...

Yeah..I can understand that ... sometimes I get scared too .. by people who scared of them ...

but now I can understand who's buying her albums, and keeps her fading career in the spotlight.

And I can understand who doesn't ... fair exchanged .. isn't it ..

denial
26-10-2003, 06:25
Oops! I did it again! I have to leave now .. and this thread too.. been off topic .. before mod gets here.. here's one back to topic...

As said by Britney Spears

"If you don't like me .. don't watch me."

Cheers to everyone! :coctail:

raven ryuu
26-10-2003, 06:26
Originally posted by denial
:ithink: ..is that it? ...now I'm laughing at myself ..:laugh:

For you :rose: ..

No problem denial :done: Here's one for you too :rose:

spyretto
26-10-2003, 06:30
If you don't like me .. don't watch me.

She said it right...if I ever come across her new video on tv, I might even watch it!
wow, denial...you never defended Tatu as much as you're defending Britney right now :D

Common, lets be honest, XXX-Tina is better... :gigi: "Beautiful" was almost a good song.

coolasfcuk
26-10-2003, 06:37
spy, you and your defending obsession :gigi: ... let it go...

christina is not only better, she is good and you konw it ;) and I bet you ..you have also seen all britney videos... or at least 85% of them....I bet you at least once in your life.. you have hummed/sang along a britney song :gigi:..... let me hear ya: 'hit me baby one more time' ah hahahhaha

goku
26-10-2003, 06:44
I don't mind either of them, Britney or Christina. They are both "manufactured" (which does not at all mean they have an easy job) and both seem to love music. They both have talent to some extent (which is really defined by the listener; someone can think a person has the best voice, and another can think he/she is terrible). But that's exactly what it is. A job. To make money. They are fortunate to have a job which is fun and earns an incredible salary. And as long as money is being made, I would consider them successfull. It's like buisness people, trying to sell a product. The craftier they are, the more credit I give to them.

spyretto
26-10-2003, 06:51
christina is not only better, she is good and you konw it and I bet you ..you have also seen all britney videos... or at least 85% of them....I bet you at least once in your life.. you have hummed/sang along a britney song ..... let me hear ya: 'hit me baby one more time' ah hahahhaha

yes, of course.."Baby One More Time", for sure..but I don't think I've seen all her videos...what was the last couple of videos she made before this one with Madonna?
But humming/singing along to a song doesn't mean you like the song, it's just a catchy song you sing along to :D

ok, ok, I take back what I said about her. But about X-Tina being good, I don't know. I watched that video you posted a link to but I had the volume on "mute", so I couldn't tell ;)

if you have MTV and all that kind of nonsense and they play Britney 20 times a day, you'll probably come across it, don't you think??

but I'd also like to add: if it sells, it's good, end of story. If I don't like it, it doesn't mean it's no good. The intention is to sell, it sells, so it's good. In that sense Britney and X-tina are better than Tatu cause they sell more. The criteria for liking music are always subjective.

coolasfcuk
26-10-2003, 07:19
well, we've completely departed from the topic :o ..but finally we agree with things to certain extend.. thanks Goku, that's good explanation....there is always going to be mainstream and pop music.... and if they stay on top...well, they are doing what they are supposed to...

but now....so britney said ...whatever she said(or not) about heaven.... let me be 'that' one now.... and how about some of the stuff t.A.T.u. says ;) are they out Einsteins? :laugh: do I need to go find examples....

so... I think it comes down to.. all those stars have someone that tells them/prepares what they should be saying (a full time job :gigi: ) and when a moment comes when they havent been told 'exactly what' to say... the good stuff comes flying by.... ha ha...stick to the script, pleeeeeeease

goku
26-10-2003, 16:30
You said it perfectly, coolasfcuk.

cirrus
26-10-2003, 19:46
:D hahaha coolasfcuk

Originally posted by coolasfcuk
and when a moment comes when they havent been told 'exactly what' to say... the good stuff comes flying by.... ha ha...stick to the script, pleeeeeeease

Yeah, that's when their true genius comes out. :)

denial
26-10-2003, 20:01
:D hahaha cirrus

Originally posted by cirrus
:D hahaha coolasfcuk

Yeah, that's when their true genius comes out. :)

and you think you're a genius... :D

note
okay.. that close the curtain .. good night everyone... :rose:
ahahhahahaha ..:lol: *laughing her ass off to bed*

tomorrow I be different.. I'll try ..:laugh:

cirrus
26-10-2003, 20:09
Originally posted by denial
:D hahaha cirrus

and you think you're a genius... :D

What's that supposed to mean?! Hahaha, peace :rose:

Denial you're funny :coctail:

spyretto
26-10-2003, 21:10
coolasfcuk there's lots of good music in the UK too...try Busted.

.........:dead: :bum: :dead: :bum: :none: :bebebe:

coolasfcuk
26-10-2003, 21:21
coolasfcuk there's lots of good music in the UK too...try Busted.

:confused: huh ?!?! :ithink: what does good music have to do with what Britney Spears said??? I dont recall talking about good music in here ;) there is good music all over the place...

spyretto
27-10-2003, 04:44
ok, lets go back to what Britney said..there are about half a dozen other threads at the moment about Britney Spears, for which you're responsible ( I gather )

so... I think it comes down to.. all those stars have someone that tells them/prepares what they should be saying (a full time job ) and when a moment comes when they havent been told 'exactly what' to say... the good stuff comes flying by.... ha ha...stick to the script, pleeeeeeease

That is apparently aiming directly or indirectly at Tatu, am I right? That's where the problem lies...if all those "entertainers" tried to be themselves and spoke their own minds they might not have sounded as cool. So they have to be told what to say..which is a thing as fake as their boobs...am I on topic now? :D

coolasfcuk
27-10-2003, 05:35
ok, lets go back to what Britney said..there are about half a dozen other threads at the moment about Britney Spears, for which you're responsible ( I gather )
hi there spy! trying to stir something up? ;)
I am glad you can 'gather'.... now to sum up.... there is a General part of this forum... when I post a Britney (or whoever else) thread in the t.A.T.u. part - come complain, k? here you are in darje's thread... so please re-'gather'.

That is apparently aiming directly or indirectly at Tatu, am I right? That's where the problem lies...if all those "entertainers" tried to be themselves and spoke their own minds they might not have sounded as cool. So they have to be told what to say..which is a thing as fake as their boobs...am I on topic now?
no, you arent right... that was aimed at pop-stars in general! so in a way, yes, it also aplies to t.A.T.u. .... but you keep believeing no one tells t.A.T.u. what to say ;) I know they sound so cool ... t.A.T.u. never sound fake.

xena225
27-10-2003, 08:54
It is essential to be prepared when facing the media. Every "star" or rather every person in the public eye who goes out there unprepared is a fool, just asking to be ridiculed and misquoted.

t.A.T.u. never sound fake. True. Those girls can think for themselves, and are pretty eloquent and witty, at least when they are allowed to speak in their native tongue. They don't sound fake, because they aren't automatons who just inanely repeat sentences they've been fed by the PR department. They have strong opinions. They think for themselves. And that shows. Doesn't mean they haven't learned to handle the media. They've become pretty media-savvy in my opinion.

As for Britney - I don't know enough about her to comment on that quote of hers. But taken out of context, it's hard to say if she was being ironic or not. Hard to say. In dubio pro reo, I guess. :)

xena225

spyretto
27-10-2003, 20:08
no, you arent right... that was aimed at pop-stars in general! so in a way, yes, it also aplies to t.A.T.u. .... but you keep believeing no one tells t.A.T.u. what to say I know they sound so cool ... t.A.T.u. never sound fake.

Yes, I think nobody tells them what to say anymore...maybe before it did happen, but not any more...because they don't make much sense anymore :D

hi there spy! trying to stir something up?

A little bit but I tell you what: I wanted to apologise last night in case some of you found my comments offensive - well, after all you did, and as I was voted the "cynic of the year", it's not out of my character -but I will not mention Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera ever again. If it satisfies you, I will remove some of the comments from the database...but I can't change my mind about those two.

Just don't say anything bad about Tatu in relation to the aforementioned artists ok? Hmm, I can't but spill venom again...very immature on my part...sorry!!

Anyway, no hard feelings ( I hope :) )

denial
27-10-2003, 21:04
spyretto, no problem .. it was fun actually ... I almost cheated on Yulia with Britney.. anyway just don't want to give our hard working mods hard time ... best wishes to you :coctail:

spyretto
27-10-2003, 23:41
okaydokay, everything's cool :coctail:

PowerPuff Grrl
28-10-2003, 11:31
From an interview with Newsweek:

When Spears talks about the South Asian musical influences on “In the Zone,” she says she’s “been into a lot of Indian spiritual religions.” When asked if one of them is Hinduism, she says, “What’s that? Is it like kabbalah?”

Spears should really stop hanging out with Madonna.

kishkash
28-10-2003, 16:51
“What’s that? Is it like kabbalah?”

LMFAO...that is so wrong in SO many ways *goes to tell Indian friends who like Britney :p*