PDA

View Full Version : Christina Aguilera - The Voice Within video

coolasfcuk
19-10-2003, 03:10
Well, I just recently - an hour ago- discovered that X-tina has a new video out :D and I have already seen it few times....

It is simply amazing - so beautiful. In todays world of fast paste and cutting, a video that is one, long, continuos, powerful shot - fom start to end. And the lighting is so perfect....really bright white....contrasts...reflective surfaces...including her dress. The close up, the complete 360 around the room, the panning...the camera movement ... everything is simple, yet so powerful. ....
And of course I have to add that X-tine simply looks amazing with the dark hair.
And that amazing voice comming out of her little self (5'-2" - hoorah for 5'-2" people = me :laugh: )

so, here is a link to the video: The Voice Within (http://www.rcarecords.com/media/christina_aguilera/video/the_voice_within_300.ram)

Finally, I have to say that I like her more and more with each single/video she puts out.....look at what she has out for the Stripped album already - Dirrty, Beautiful, Fighter, Cant Hold Us Down, and now The Voice Within - wow, talk about variety in videos/style/music. Not bad X-tina :done:

nath
19-10-2003, 08:48
Oh!....it's the first i see Miss Aguilera ....two or three things hurts me a little ..1/ her piercing..it is not the fact that I hate the piercings, especially on the face, but there is a problem with her piercing of the bottom of the vigage... not placed well compared to the taits of her lips and her chin....2/....sorry for that ..but ..i didn't know her!...so don't laugh too much....But WHY to do that to her chest!!!....it looks so artificial!...i suffer for her each time she moves!....3/ her dress will be better in dark....more elegant.....

...but the clip is good...the second part is better when she runs....but the clip is technicall great because in 4 minutes you have just ONE shoOting....one "plan"....it's good... ;)

coolasfcuk
19-10-2003, 18:45
..1/ her piercing..it is not the fact that I hate the piercings, especially on the face, but there is a problem with her piercing of the bottom of the vigage... not placed well compared to the taits of her lips and her chin....2/....sorry for that ..but ..i didn't know her!...so don't laugh too much....But WHY to do that to her chest!!!....it looks so artificial!...i suffer for her each time she moves!....3/ her dress will be better in dark....more elegant.....

I had a feeling at least you might like it, sunwalk :)

to comment on your comments....

1. I personally like them...I do not have a problem with the bottom one, even find it quite sexy, but if the one on the nose was a little bit smaller - that would be better
2. Ah her chest...I thought she always had big breast, but I am sure she had some 'fixing up' going on :gigi: I never noticed it until you mentioned it, but I really dont have anything against 'boob jobs' done, as long as they are not completly 'crazy' of course.
3.Agree, dark dress will be more elegant...... but I think then it will loose that feeling that she we have with the white one....she is like 'glowing' througout the video, in contrast with her surroundings.

I also like more the second part, when she is running out, but just the whole camera movement is so perfect with the song....when it is calm, the camera is almost still, just slowly panning out....I also really like the spinning around the room, while christina is standing in almost one place :)

denial
19-10-2003, 19:40
cools, I like that video too!! very much I do! how did they to that? the camera hang to flying object (remote control helicopter)? ..interesting! like its a non-stop shooting!

I'm 5' 2" !!!

PS: I am very obsessed with Britney Spears too you know ..

nath
19-10-2003, 19:59
Originally posted by denial
cools, I like that video too!! very much I do! how did they to that? the camera hang to flying object (remote control helicopter)? ..interesting! like its a non-stop shooting!

I think the camera is like a "luma"...the cameraman isn't behind the camera..it is as a large mechanical arm which can make all the movement and which is ordered by computer... Look at just "The touch of evil" Orson Welles. From the beginning (the generic..where are the names and movie's tittle) until the moment when they arrive at the border line..
There is just ONE SHOOTING/PLAN...and the movie is 45 years old...it's GREAT cinema....

coolasfcuk
19-10-2003, 20:44
denial, yes, that's probably how it was shot, as nath explained it.
5'2" eh? :gigi:
britney :grustno: she is still waaaaay behind Miss X-tina when it comes to all - singing, image, videos, music, etc (in my oppinion)...but maybe with that new album coming things will change

From the beginning (the generic..where are the names and movie's tittle) until the moment when they arrive at the border line..
There is just ONE SHOOTING/PLAN...and the movie is 45 years old...it's GREAT cinema....

:done: yes - i think this is one of the the main differences between, say 50 years ago, and todays cinema - the fact that they used to do long shots - mintes long...now everything is cut/chopped. I really enjoy long takes :) that is why I love that X-tina video

QueenBee
19-10-2003, 23:00
Hmm well, what should I say.. :grustno: I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I don't like Christina Aguilera at all, even though she writes her own material (?), has a great voice, nice body, talks about being yourself blah blah.. I still don't like her and especially the image...

I think this song was.. well.. Not very "WONDERFUL".. I was waiting for something in the song.. something to.. explode, or something. I think the song got boring after awhile.

And the video.. I liked it. It got boring too, because I love it when there is a "story" in the video.. Take for example Eminem's stan.. There's a story about a guy who is an obsessed fan and in the end kills himself and his pregnant girlfriend because his idol didn't answer his letters, calls etc. in time... And this video.. She just stands there.

I like the camera effect though, and ITS ONE LONG SHOT! Aaah! God bless long shots! :10x:

cirrus
20-10-2003, 00:01
Well, except for the fact that it sounds like a Mariah Carey power ballad, it's great! :done: The video, I mean. It is a little boring, but technically it's well made and beautiful. I really like the part where she runs. and the 360 shot.

Different from most videos on MTV, but I can't see Christina doing something too different, you know? People like her for "being herself" but she's also sold A LOT of records "being herself". It's the music business, so she does what appeals to people.

russkayatatu
20-10-2003, 04:36
:done: yes - i think this is one of the the main differences between, say 50 years ago, and todays cinema - the fact that they used to do long shots - mintes long...now everything is cut/chopped. I really enjoy long takes :) that is why I love that X-tina video

I would say also: modern movies have so many close-ups compared to older ones; with the editing and the close cut-from-face-to-face you don't get the same sense of SPACE that you did before...which I miss :( and which you get in this clip :done: That was my favorite part of it, when the camera panned around her when she was sitting still and you can see all the background. My least favorite part (no offense to nath): was some of her motions, like her clutching her stomach (well, her front in general) - and all the things she was doing with her arms - it was a little distracting, but other than that I can't think of anything I don't like about this video - and about Christina; I haven't paid much attention to her up till now, but I like both the song and the video a lot, and a lot more than I expected. :) The dark hair is a change? I agree, it looks great :yes:

Btw, there are a lot of famous, creative, influential people 5'2"...I am trying to think of who...Elizabeth Taylor, for one :gigi:

nath
20-10-2003, 04:44
Originally posted by russkayatatu
Btw, there are a lot of famous, creative, influential people 5'2"...I am trying to think of who...Elizabeth Taylor, for one :gigi: [/B]
:rolleyes: Could someone explain to a poor little French what 5'2" means, please? Thanks :rose:

coolasfcuk
20-10-2003, 04:54
Could someone explain to a poor little French what 5'2" means, please? Thanks

Gladly Miss nath :D somewhere around 158cm :D

nath
20-10-2003, 05:05
Originally posted by coolasfcuk
Gladly Miss nath :D somewhere around 158cm :D
:) Thanks Cool!..so that relates to the size (the height)?... I wondered whether it were not a measurement concerning the turn/size of chest...
Why, Denial ,did you say you were 5'2"? Aren't you taller?...:hmmm:

coolasfcuk
20-10-2003, 05:13
so that relates to the size (the height)?... I wondered whether it were not a measurement concerning the turn/size of chest..
:gigi: noooo, no chest size.... me same chest as Aguilera...:no: definatelly not :p but we are the same height :cool:

nath
20-10-2003, 05:22
:gigi: noooo, no chest size.... me same chest as Aguilera...:no: definatelly not :p but we are the same height :cool:
Ohhh!!!......What a good day!...I know , now, i have the same height than Christina Aquilera!...Whoooa!...I feel better!..:heh:

coolasfcuk
20-10-2003, 05:33
What a good day!...I know , now, i have the same height than Christina Aquilera!...Whoooa!...I feel better!..

with the risk of chatting.......
:confused: are you saying you are also 5'2" nath or are you making fun of me for making myself feel better by repetedly comparing my height to X-tina's :gigi:

nath
20-10-2003, 05:49
No..it's true..I'm 1m58...or 1m57,5..hehe...

coolasfcuk
20-10-2003, 05:53
No..it's true..I'm 1m58...or 1m57,5..hehe...

:D :done: :coctail: he heeeeeee great ! one more of the 5'2" cool people...shhhhhhh...dont tell anyone, but that's a special height :heh:

ok, no more chatting from me

denial
20-10-2003, 06:45
britney :grustno: she is still waaaaay behind Miss X-tina when it comes to all - singing, image, videos, music, etc (in my oppinion)...but maybe with that new album coming things will change
:eek: ...that is so unkind to say about Britney! :bebebe: ..she is very talented and very pretty and very nice body. and she got that billions dollar smile .. ..deep inside I think she is a very kind person.

Nath I am 157cm ..both of you still taller than me .. :(

okay some info: (just so I'm not spamming lol)

For the beautifully understated video, Christina once again worked with director David LaChapelle. It first premiered online through LAUNCH, and officially premiered on October 14 on MTV's TRL.

Screen capture:
http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/thevoicewithin/index.htm

*goes to sit at the corner a pray*
Dear God, please please NOT to let Cools grows any taller. Thank you.

coolasfcuk
20-10-2003, 14:20
Miss D, thankies for the caps :rose:

My least favorite part (no offense to nath): was some of her motions, like her clutching her stomach (well, her front in general) - and all the things she was doing with her arms
russkaya, :) I think this is how X-tina just moves always....a lot of it I thought was good..like when she is raising her arms up...but then stopping...hessitating..and then bringing them down..
The dark hair is a change? I agree, it looks great
ohhhhhhhhhhh, I think you need to see some pics....
blonde - early years (http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/2hourtour/images/31.jpg)
blonde - middle of last year (http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/offstrippedshoot/images/11_lrg.jpg)
blonde - last year again (http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/versaceads/images/2.jpg)
blonde - more (http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/mtvdiary20022/images/Image12.jpg)
you know, I know the thread is about 'The Voice Within', but since I see people arent really familiar with X-tina that much....how about I give you one more link to her previous video (before 'The Voice Within'), which is also directed by David LaChapelle :D I have to admit, I enjoy his photography, which is what is mainly known for :)

Can't Hold Us Down - Video (http://www.rcarecords.com/media/christina_aguilera/video/cant_hold_us_down_300.ram)
this is the first time she 'presented' her dark hair...and gotta love the 80s looks

shhhhhhhhh...here is a secret - this is going to be my Halloween costume :gigi: so now I am in search for a pink/purple hat that says: 'Lady C' :laugh: anyone?

o.t.: D :lol: @ your comment- dont worry I am not exactly sure what I am in centimeters anymore....I like inches, ha ha, 'cause it is not as exact - I might be a little less than 158 ;)

denial
20-10-2003, 15:53
Can't Hold Us Down - Video - Screen capture.
http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/cantholdusdown/index.htm

Look semiliar with The Voice Withing. Same point of view. But different background and the opposite color to black and white. Crowds and alone.

Maybe soon they will come out with the making of The Voice Within video I hope. I want to see that.

I found website with the making of her videos but it was at work and I forget to email myself the URL but I bookmarked the site. Ahh look again.

here some camera they use:

http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/makingcoob/images/075.jpg (look at the black think on the top .. is that a camera?)

http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/makingcoob/images/038.jpg ( and this one )

http://www.miss-aguilera.com/images/makingcoob/images/039.jpg (the arm camera)

I still find The Voice Within video fascinating when she ran out of the building and the camera could follow her smoothly.

QueenBee
20-10-2003, 15:53
Aaah how I dislike "Can't Hold Us Down".. I don't know why, but it just gets on my nerves. It's nothing special I think, and Lil' Kim ruins it all with her little hoochie dress :rolleyes: *Stab stab stab*

OT: I'm 164 cm! What the.. :eek:

coolasfcuk
20-10-2003, 16:07
denial, :yes: those are the cameras....

:eek: what video is this... must be one of the eatly years....I dislike the early years :gigi:

QB of course it is not as nice as 'The Voice Within', but it's still ok - different idea - could've been a little better....
Lil Kim :laugh: my friend refuses to be her, so we can do the video @ halloween !! :bebebe:

* added stuff to my previous post

denial
20-10-2003, 16:08
cools, btw that is a very nice hat!!

The one you post here is it the un cencored one? because I remember last time something about that video was censored. I thought its the one when she sprays water towards the guy and moves her hips like .. ur ..<censored>

QueenBee, 164? but you are only 14!! arrgggg .. even she'll taller then me!

coolasfcuk
20-10-2003, 16:15
The one you post here is it the un cencored one? because I remember last time something about that video was censored. I thought its the one when she sprays water towards the guy and moves her hips like .. ur ..<censored>
:yes: this is the uncensored one :gigi:
actually D, they censored the part where she is 'stroking' the hose ;) ....and funny enough... this is exactly what the song is about! because that is the only part they wanted to censor, her suggesting a sextual act...but it was ok for the guys to be grabbing their crotches :rolleyes:

denial
20-10-2003, 16:35
:eek: I saw that!! I thought I would never find this video cause I was looking for it before. LOL . thanks cools :rose: . .. things came your way when you least expect it.

russkayatatu
20-10-2003, 20:28
Thanks for the pics :rose: Now I remember her with the blond hair, of course - and this look is MUCH better than the ones you posted, I think, esp the way she looks on the Stripped album.

Probably that is how she usually moves :gigi: I thought it was a little too much occasionally, but that was just my opinion...actually I liked most of it, like in the beginning, her expressions when she sings .... I didn't know what to expect, but seeing the first 20-30 seconds I thought, hey, I like this - and it never fell down either, just got better :)

I'll confess: from what I saw of the movie awards and hearing "Beautiful" so many times I got the impression that she was sorta mediocre :gigi: , but now I am starting to change my mind...and this is an amazing clip, too, she looks fantastic...thanks for posting :done:

denial
21-10-2003, 01:48
russ .. me too .. well I dont have much chemical with Christina because I'm more on the Britney side ( :bebebe: at Cools ) .. and since the Dirty video I feel pity for her how she had to do so much to compete with Britney .. but BEAUTIFUL is beautiful so I said she tried so hard, give her a chance .. but honestly I like the video The Voice Within I spent most time browsing Christina sites yesterday .. oh and she getting bald a little on the right side of her head too...

...but .. I still don't have that chemical with Christina .. maybe it'll grow. .. LOL

coolasfcuk
21-10-2003, 04:37
.. well I dont have much chemical with Christina because I'm more on the Britney side ( :bebebe: at Cools )

:bebebe: :bebebe: @ you D :gigi:

X-tina was like Britney before..... but now with 'stripped' she's gone in the next cathegory.....uh huh
look at those eyes :liplick: ....and all that energy...little dirrtiness ...we wont even compare which one sings better....because there is absolutely no competition ;) Britney lipsyncs, X-tina never does...

Chrissy is not that 'perfect' girlie (I mean look at her legs) but imperfection is charming :gigi: and she has that raw talent that Brit has to make up with other things.... but like I said....maybe brit will finally brake free, and come out 'fresh' with that new album....we will soon see

protoman2k1
21-10-2003, 09:55
I love X-tina, shes kind of like a role model to me ( even though im a guy lol)
Anywho I like this song, but she should of released Infatuation as her next single I love that song!

spyretto
26-10-2003, 04:58
Are her implants smaller or bigger size than Britney's? that is the question

She has better voice, that's for sure...I mean, she can sing ;)

X-tina is one of the pioneers of her generation. If the eighties were all about big hairdos the zeros are all about big boobies ( implants, of course )

coolasfcuk
26-10-2003, 06:32
Are her implants smaller or bigger size than Britney's? that is the question

what's the big fuss about the boob jobs anyway :gigi: people get plastic surgery like it is drinking milk nowadays....I mean people get fake teeth to look better... why not get a fake boob to look better ;) if they want it and it makes them happy (and esp in the x-tina, brit situation when it is in a way part of their occupation).. let them get them...

cirrus
26-10-2003, 19:34
if they want it and it makes them happy (and esp in the x-tina, brit situation when it is in a way part of their occupation).. let them get them...

Exactly coolasfcuk! :rose: If it makes you happy and it's your body, then whats the problem. But it's just so fun to criticize celebrities sometimes. :)

spyretto
27-10-2003, 05:17
Exactly coolasfcuk! If it makes you happy and it's your body, then whats the problem. But it's just so fun to criticize celebrities sometimes.

I guess you're right, But all I saw in that video was the missus, half dressed, running annoyingly behind a camera...nothing to get excited about. The bed frame was cool, but I've seen it before ( in films, videos, etc )

if that video is great, then Tatu's videos are masterpieces beyond everyone's expectations.

I can express my opinion, can't I? as you can do the same :gigi:

QueenBee
28-10-2003, 04:32
if that video is great, then Tatu's videos are masterpieces beyond everyone's expectations.
Well, they are.. :rolleyes: :coctail:

cirrus
28-10-2003, 04:41
Originally posted by QueenBee
Well, they are.. :rolleyes: :coctail:

*cough* Monica's awesome *cough*

:done:

QueenBee
28-10-2003, 04:42
*cough* Monica's awesome *cough*
People already know that, but it's worth repeating. :P

cirrus
28-10-2003, 04:46
Originally posted by QueenBee
People already know that, but it's worth repeating. :P

Then I take it back! :kwink: Ohhh just kidding.

...or am i?

QueenBee
28-10-2003, 04:52
cirrus, :none: Don't make me get over there and <censored>! Nah, I'm just playing, you know I :heart: you. :love:

cirrus
28-10-2003, 04:55
QueenBee, yeah I know, but it's worth repeating. :heh:

Off Topic! Off Topic! yeah so that Christina video, yeah, ummmm, goodnight.

Gutter Flower
28-10-2003, 23:29
Does anybody know how much copies it sold? I'm REALLY curious....I tried to find that out but no luck yet...

QueenBee
30-10-2003, 20:11
Gutter Flower, I wish I knew.. Sorry.. I'm gonna look for it though :) Have you checked the official website?

Gutter Flower
31-10-2003, 23:13
QueenBee, yeah, the only thing I found out is that it sold about a thousand copies in its first week, that's it.....

Gutter Flower
06-11-2003, 22:01
http://spice.dotmusic.com/forums/Messages.asp?ThrdID=362956
Stripped Christina Aguilera 8,645,000

coolasfcuk
06-11-2003, 22:18
Gutter Flower, thankie... :gigi: more than Justin :laugh: but less than that Avril chick :eek:

Gutter Flower
06-11-2003, 22:22
more than Justin :laugh: but less than that Avril chick :eek:

Can't believe she sold that many copies...she can't sing!

coolasfcuk
06-11-2003, 22:26
Can't believe she sold that many copies...she can't sing!

I hope you are talking about Avril and not X-tina :gigi:

Gutter Flower
07-11-2003, 00:22
lol, of course I'm talking about Avril. I never heard anybody say anything about Christina not being able to sing.

russkayatatu
07-11-2003, 02:06
Christina can sing, yeah...but I'm not exactly sure what it is about her voice...when I sing like that I strain my voice in about 2 songs :ill: there must be another way to sing that I never learned and haven't figured out so far, otherwise I don't know how she could go on like that and not ruin her voice :ithink: It's not just pop/classical - I can sing like lots of pop singers and it's no problem :gigi: - if you can sing classical you can sing anything ;) (like Pat Benatar = former opera chorister :cool: ) Or maybe her voice is just different from mine :dknow:

sorry for the off-top