PDA

View Full Version : :: HELP :: TheGurgi's Eurasian Musical Tour CD

thegurgi
09-10-2003, 19:35
I have begun a project that i intend to be my christmas presents for later this year. It's a CD of the songs i found from all around Europe and Asia. I've already made a V. 1 CD and have given it to people, and plan to expand it. So, Firstly i'm asking that if you have a song by a band in your country that you love... PLEASE send let me know, i might add it to my cd.

For the project, i'm pressing my own cd. With a booklet, backing and cd label. And my whole basis goes with a map i made of Eurasia, highlighting the countries i have so far. As opposing to label these countries in English, i would LOVE to label them with what people in their own countries call it.

So for Russia, i will label it Россия, if that's correct [please someone correct if it's wrong]

So I need, the following countries to be comfirmed that this is their spelling. And I need Japan [my computer can handle japanese characters]

So

Spain - España
France - ??
Belgium - Belgique
United Kingdom - United Kingdom [this one is easy!]
The Netherlands - Nederland
Germany - Deutchland
Iceland - ??
Sweden - Sverige
Russia - Россия
Japan - ??

I would very much to find songs from Italy, Greece, Poland, Ukraine, Finland.... etc [hehe, a song from all countries in Europe would be great]. Also, i need to specify i want these to be pop songs, not like BUBBLEGUM, but popular songs that are [were] played on the radio. If you could give the name of the band and one of their singles, it'd be great!

Actually, Denmark and Finland would make the "Tour" Concept of my cd work. Starting in Spain and moving north and then east.

So any help is appreciated...

DinoBora
09-10-2003, 19:42
As far as I know:
Spain-Espana(with ~ sign over N)
Belgium-Belgique
Sweden-Sverige
Germany- Deutchland
Finland-Suomi
Poland-Polska

QueenBee
09-10-2003, 19:50
Spain - España
France - ?
Belgium - ?
United Kingdom - United Kingdom! Surprise :P
The Netherlands - Nederland
Germany - Deut(s?)chland
Iceland - ?
Sweden - Sverige
Russia - Россия
Japan - ??
Poland - Polska
Finland - Suomi

And I'm thinking about those songs..

thegurgi
09-10-2003, 21:04
That's right! ESPANA! and SVERIGE < i should have known that!> DEUTCHLAND too...

Rossiya too... i can see that on my stamps.
Same with Nederland, which i've known

I don't really need the names of countries i don't have songs for, but THANKS!

madeldoe
09-10-2003, 21:07
hmm..since youve already had help with the names, ill just recommend a song.

Nandito Ako by Lea Salonga, which translates to 'Im Here', is my all time favorite song from the Philippines. Though I'm not sure you'd want a flip song, i highly recommend it. :done:

thegurgi
09-10-2003, 21:33
I'd then need a song from China... to connect Japan to the Phillipines

madeldoe
09-10-2003, 21:41
hmm China? I could ask my cousin, but then that would be cheating :D Well if you ever need the song, id be happy to send it over to ya :)

Tom Violence
09-10-2003, 21:43
France is 'France' in French. Crazy.

haku
09-10-2003, 21:51
France is France

Iceland is Island

Belgium is Belgique (French speakers) AND Belgiл (Flemish speakers, i hope you can see the 'e' with two points). Can't do one without the other i'm afraid.

Edit: Oops, Tom beat me for my own country! :D

thegurgi
09-10-2003, 21:58
Iceland is Island.
Like, island as in an island?
hrmm... I'm sure it's not pronounced eye-land. but still, ISLAND! hehe!

As for Belgium... do a majority of Belgium speak French or Flemish? That will be what determines what i put for it.

Still looking for Japan <Nipon> in Japanese Characters.

Originally posted by nataku
hmm China? I could ask my cousin, but then that would be cheating :D Well if you ever need the song, id be happy to send it over to ya :)

Feel free! No cheating when it comes to getting songs... I want to be well rounded too... hehe.

Tom Violence
09-10-2003, 22:00
Iceland in Icelandic is in fact 'Нslandi'.

Details. That's an accented 'I', by the way. Not an 'H', which is what you'll see if you have Cyrillic as your default.

thegurgi
09-10-2003, 22:02
Tom Violence, that changes everything!
Thanks! < yes i've always understood that i have to change encodings to view things correctly, this forum is an alphabet encoding melting pot after all >

40% of Belgium speaks French, so i'll go with BELGIЛ

haku
09-10-2003, 22:28
I didn't really know how to give you Japan in Japanese since your comp doesn't handle Kanji so i made three files in different formats:

jpg (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pagd/tatu/nihon.jpg)
pdf (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pagd/tatu/nihon.pdf)
psd (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pagd/tatu/nihon.psd) The best one if you have Photoshop since i've put the characters on a separate layer.

thegurgi
09-10-2003, 22:36
haku, my computer can handle ALL Japanese character,
Kanji, Katakana and Hirigana... i kind of needed it in TXT format
but thanks for Photoshop One, came in super handy, but... i'd need it as a TXT layer so i can alter it's size,color and possibly font... without using transform

haku
09-10-2003, 22:57
thegurgi, here's a rtf file. It's unicode encoded, so you shoudn't have any problem to read it.

rtf file (http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pagd/tatu/nihon.rtf)

thegurgi
10-10-2003, 01:27
I love Sundance Kid! But i'm only putting Single's on the CD
So, My Swedish Songs are If You Were Here, On Himmelst Drog, and Kevlar Soul...

oh and THANKS HAKU

raven ryuu
10-10-2003, 04:02
“ъ–{

If you canЃft read what I typed aboveЃCthen change your encodingЃD In IE -- View > Encoding > JapaneseЃD

darnit... it didnЃft turn out good when‚hread the post :( I hope that is not the case for you.

And I love Utada Hikaru from Japan. I can share my favorite song of hers with you. Just let me know how to send you the file :D

Echoed
10-10-2003, 04:40
Well, I could probably get you some Vietnamese songs. LOL. But anyway. But that music is incredibly depressing and tragic. *Laughs.* I've got a few Chinese songs though. I think they would be considered pop, if you'd like to listen to them. ^_^

~Echo.

taty994945
10-10-2003, 09:33
i too have a range of vietnamese songs (my parent's)....lol
but i dont think anyone here would like them... :D

thegurgi
10-10-2003, 16:02
Wow, thanks... but i really need more EUROPEAN stuff than Asian.

I'm going for EURASIA, and Eurasia is pretty basically, Europe and Russia [and turkey too, i guess]. I have japan on it, because i really like this one Japanese artist and i practically have all his cds.

I don't need anything more from any of the countries i already have songs for, like Japan, Russia, Iceland, Sweden, France, Spain, Belgium, The Netherlands... well, those are all the countires i have.

I REALLY NEED ITALIAN, and GREEK, and POLISH would be Nice, same with finish. And i'd prefer bands that don't sing in English....

but i wouldn't mind hearing some chinese and vietnemese and may be able to fit them onto the CD < remember, at most i get 120 minutes for my cd (they have 120 cd-rs i believe, i'd have to buy some) >

QueenBee
10-10-2003, 16:05
thegurgi, I'll ask my mother about some Polish songs.. :rose:

coolasfcuk
10-10-2003, 16:22
I REALLY NEED ITALIAN, and GREEK, and POLISH would be Nice, same with finish. And i'd prefer bands that don't sing in English....

:grustno: well, I dont see Bulgarian in that list, but if you want me to, I can send you couple of songs/singles that were huge in Bulgaria this summer. They are popish like you want them to be- one is sang in Bulgarian, and the other in Italian - yeah I know, go figure why the Bulgarian guy decided to do one single in Italian :gigi:. But then again, he is dating one of my guy friends x-boyfriends, and rumours have it Rushi (the singer), dated Tiziano Ferro while he lived in Italy for a while :laugh:
which leads me to the thought... I am not Italian, but I will suggest for Italian song - Tiziano Ferro's - Perdono - it is from last summer, but I doubt people in USA will know that ;) I can also send you that one.

oh, and if you decide to use Bulgarian, this is how you write Bulgaria: България :)

thegurgi
10-10-2003, 16:30
coolasfcuk, YES YES! Bulgarian would be AWESOME!!!! and the italian one too

coolasfcuk
10-10-2003, 16:40
coolasfcuk, YES YES! Bulgarian would be AWESOME!!!! and the italian one too

:) okie then, will upload the files this weekend

QueenBee
10-10-2003, 16:40
Tiziano Ferro's - Perdono
Wee that song is great. :D I really recommend itttt :) And if you want one more.. I'll ask my teacher, she's Italian. :)

thegurgi
10-10-2003, 17:09
:: YAY :: thanks so much for the help! I greatly appreciate it

I'm going to say that i only need at least 2 songs from each country. here are the songs i have:

Espana:
Beth - Parando El Tiempo
Beth - Dime
France:
Kyo - Le Chemin
Notre Dame De Paris - Belle < i'm using the smash! version though>
Belgie:
Urban Trad - Sanomi
Hooverphonic - Battlesea
Islandi:
Sigur Ros - Untitled 1
United Kingdom:
Coldplay - Clocks
Melanie C - On the Horizon
Deutschland:
Nena - 99 Luftballons < new version >
Nena feat. Kim Wilde - Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime
Sverige:
Kent - Om Du Var Har
Kent - En Himmelsk Drog
Россия:
Tatu - Ya Soshla s Uma
Tatu - Nas Ne Dogonyat [or Ne Ver Ne Boisya, can't decide]
Nippon:
Gackt - Mizerable
Gackt - Vanilla

So, what's Italian for Italy?

haku
10-10-2003, 17:47
So, what's Italian for Italy?
Italia :)

cirrus
10-10-2003, 17:56
thegurgi, Hooverphonic is from Belgium, not Iceland. Iceland hm? There's Bjork, or Emiliana Torrini. Or Sigur Ros, but that's not pop.

What bout Korea? My friend likes the Korean singer Lee Jung Hyun. I think she's popular there.

Switzerland:
Lunik ( www.lunik.com )

Finland:
Darude
The Rasmus

And Poland:

I don't know too many Polish bands, but I've heard music by:
Budka Suflera (band - pop/folk)
Reni Jusis (female singer - pop/hiphop)
She has a really nice song "Miej Oczy Otwarte" which I could send to you or something.
And there's plenty of baaaadddd Polish rap :bum:

thegurgi
10-10-2003, 18:11
cirrus, i made mistake!
I skipped Sigur Ros! oops!

hehe, i'll have to fix that ASAP.

{i thought Hooverphonic where from the Netherlands? no? ok... still works out!}

PLEASE, don't post JUST the name of the band. I need song titles too...preferably their singles

I already like Lunik {i accidentally wrote Linux the first time, haha}

QueenBee
10-10-2003, 18:13
And there's plenty of baaaadddd Polish rap
Tell me about it. :bum:

thegurgi
10-10-2003, 19:26
no rap, in general... hehehe. although, i bet bad polish rap would be very funny... nah.

QueenBee
10-10-2003, 19:42
thegurgi, LOL trust me, STAY AWAY FROM POLISH RAP! Most Polish rap is so bad I feel like jumping out the window in complete horror.. *Blah*

coolasfcuk
10-10-2003, 22:58
thegurgi, since I see you arent always using songs from exactly the country - the Smash thing for Frence?! really weird for me - 'cause then you arent doing the country but the language - and I just rememberred your Lyrics thread.....
but anyway... then for greece or should I say greek you should use Antique - 'Dinata, Dinata' or 'Opa, Opa' :D those are Swedish, but with greek parents and they sing in greek - those are big hits from summer 2001.

Also, Greece in greek is ЕллЬдб - was that posted already? spy will have to correct me if I got that wrong

blaaaahhhh, you will need encoding for this to show up correctly... but if I am not misaken it is pronaunced 'Ellada' :)

thegurgi
10-10-2003, 23:12
coolasfcuk, i'm only using Belle for French, because it was WRITTEN By a FRENCH guy... in FRANCE . Just not performed by a french guys but intitially performed IN FRANCE, for a play.. in france. Plus, the Russian's have had strong ties with the French anyway, especially after Catherine the Great declared French the official langauge of the russian court. it still works, and it's the only version of the song i think would fit into the cd and it's still i FRENCH song, and i'm slightly insulted that you'd think that i'd ruin a tie like that.... i ALWAYS think these things through... i'm not stupid. Actually, i'm not that insulted at all, i just have a mild fever : wink : and was slightly bothered by the assumtion. Also that it's getting me nowhere.

So, i'd prefer songs FROM greece, even though they are practically greece, but i'm seriously doing it from the nation of the song. so even though the smash version is a cover and released in russia, i just feel i need to place in france.

It's weird, at school, no P2P programs work. All the downloads take forever, and therefor, i NEED people to send me the songs.

So, please contact me if you have some songs. Please, from Europe....
AIM: gregrythegurgi
YAHOO!:tatusongs@yahoo.com
MSN: dontcallmegeorge@hotmail.com

i lost my ICQ password and refuse to get a new one.... hehe

QueenBee
10-10-2003, 23:14
What? Antique are greek? I thought they were from Turkey! :none: Aaanyways..

coolasfcuk
11-10-2003, 08:03
So, i'd prefer songs FROM greece, even though they are practically greece, but i'm seriously doing it from the nation of the song. so even though the smash version is a cover and released in russia, i just feel i need to place in france.

dont get inssulted so easily thegurgi ;)
so the way you explained why you are using Smash for France - the tie between Russia and France in history kinda :eek: me...but so here is something that in the same way might convince you to use Antique :yes: as Greece. (remember, no one is saying you are stupid, dont be so insecure, please)

ok...here is a website : http://www.eurosongonline.com/downloads/ and a quote from it:
. Dinata dinata is a classic Greek song originally performed by Eleftheria Arvanitaki...
so what do we have....'dinata, dinata' is an original Greek song...simply performed in it's modern version by Antique, who jut happen to live in Sweden, but are greek - more 'authntic' than Smash! - two Russian guys performing French song, living in Russia ;) - do you see what I mean...

the historical ties are really weird for me, and I really do hope you dont take this the wrong way :lady:...but you could say that the Vikings and the Greeks have been 'roaming' around europe for hundred-thousands years... if you really wanted to, I am sure you could find something to tie them - I cant think off the top of my head right at this moment (especially after just returning from the bar), but if you wanted me to, I am sure I could find out :)

If you stick to the songs origing - that makes sense.... then the answer is above.... 'Dinata, dinata' is an original greek song, and Antique are greek kids living in a foreign country :gigi:

taty994945
11-10-2003, 11:25
thegurgi, have u checked out some eurovision songs? some are very good.

DinoBora
11-10-2003, 16:43
thegurgi, two songs representing Latvia are in your yahoo mailbox already.They are really great. :done:
Hope you'll enjoy them too.

thegurgi
12-10-2003, 01:03
ok coolasfcuk. now i really want that Dinata song! hehe! oh, and i usually only get so easily insulted when i don't feel good [which is sadly too often]... and i usually mean it a little light heartedly anyway. I would now really like those Antique songs now... oh, and i don't get the whole viking/greek thing.

and Tatu994945, i have a ton of eurovision songs, i have all the entries from this year on my computer. The spain songs on my cd are the 2003 entry. but.... really, i liked only belgium [on my cd, i used their entry], i liked iceland [but i already have sigur ros], i liked russia and you know how that went, and spain. I liked Estonia a little, but not that much to put on a cd.

I'm making this cd for my family too, and i'm trying to make it according to their tastes. My family is very very very specific when it comes to music. so... that's why i can't use a lot of eurovision songs.

oblakovshtanah THANKS

coolasfcuk
12-10-2003, 03:40
thegurgi, :) he he, I knew I would convince you. Once again - if I sounded like a 'bitch' a little, sorry, I dont do it on purpose, that is just how I interact with people sometimes - a little provocatively :lady: of course, this is your CD and you can put on it whatever you want. I am working right now on converting those songs into mp3. I will update them here tonight :)

thegurgi
12-10-2003, 04:01
YEE HAA! I'm excited!

coolasfcuk
12-10-2003, 05:31
Ok, the promised songs are coming... I have uploaded a buch, hope you like some of them and get to use them :D

Bulgarian Artist:

Руши Видинлиев - 'Il Ritmo Del Mio Cuore' = Rushi Vidinliev - ' Il Ritmo Del Mio Cuore' Rushi Vidinliev - Il Ritmo Del Cuore (http://www.angelfire.com/az3/coolasfcuk/01_Track_1.wma)
Руши Видинлиев - 'Всичко се Връща' = Rushi Vidinliev - 'Vsichko se Vrashta'
Rushi Vidinliev - Vsichko se Vrashta (http://www.angelfire.com/az3/coolasfcuk/03_Track_3.wma)
Каризма - 'Ще Избягам ли от теб" = Karizma - 'Shte Izbyagam li ot Teb' Karizma - Shte Izbyagam li (http://www.angelfire.com/bug/coolasfcuk/Karizma_-_Kolko_Mi_Lipsvash__1_.mp3)
Каризма - 'Kolko mi Lipsvash' = Karizma - 'Kolko mi Lipsvash' Karizma - Kolko mi Lipsvash (http://www.angelfire.com/bug/coolasfcuk/04_Track_4.wma)

Italian Artist:

Tiziano Ferro - 'Perdono'
Tiziano Ferro (http://www.angelfire.com/az3/coolasfcuk/Tizian_2.mp3)

Greek Artist (really from Sweden) :

Anttique -'Dinata, Dinata'
Antique - Dinata (http://www.angelfire.com/az3/coolasfcuk/Antique_-_Dinata_Dinata.mp3)
Antique - 'Opa, Opa'
Antique - Opa (http://www.angelfire.com/az3/coolasfcuk/Antique-Opa_Opa.mp3)

thegurgi
12-10-2003, 05:39
WOOOOOOOOO! Thanks so much Coolasfcuk, who is indeed cool as fcuk

coolasfcuk
12-10-2003, 05:50
WOOOOOOOOO! Thanks so much Coolasfcuk, who is indeed cool as fcuk

:D he he, thanks :rose: but no problem - I am glad I could help some - sharing music is a good thing.
Also uploaded couple of more files of КариZма - thats how they really spell their name in Bulgarian - with that Latin Z :gigi:

edit: ohh, he he, since I know you like 'trivia' I just remembered - the girl from Karizma, her name is Галя = Galya, she is half Russian, half Bulgarian :) The guy is Мирослав = Miroslav, or just Миро = Miro in short.

thegurgi
12-10-2003, 07:29
shit coolasfcuk, i really like some of this! I dunno why! but i'm so putting it on the cd... even though i'm sure my family will hate it [ you do realize my family are huge on Pink Floyd and classic rock, i'm really the only one who has an appreciation for pop music (except for my brother in law)]

hehe... i even like the bulgarian guy.

Well, for bulgaria i'm using:
Rushi Vidinliev - 'Vsichko se Vrashta'
Karizma - 'Shte Izbyagam li ot Teb'

I think they might even my family could find some good in both of them

and both the greek songs too!

Is this correct in all caps: ЕЛЛўДБ
any idea, do you think i should try and write the Greek songs name in greek letters? is their name Antique, supposed to mean ANTIQUE, or would it be greek too?

thegurgi
12-10-2003, 18:26
Current Track List:
GREG'S EURASIAN MUSICAL TOUR:
Stop 1: Espaсa
Beth - PARANDO EL TIEMPO
Beth - DIME
Stop 2: France
Kyo - LE CHEMIN
Smash - BELLE
Stop 3: Belgiл
Urban Trad – SANOMI
Hooverphonic - BATTLESEA
Stop 4: United Kingdom
Coldplay - CLOCKS
Melanie C - ON THE HORIZON
Stop 5: Нslandi
Sigur Rуs - UNTITLED ONE
Stop 6: Deutschland
Nena - 99 LUFTBALLONS [New Version]
Nena (feat. Kim Wilde) - ANYPLACE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
Stop 7: Sverige
Kent - OM DU VAR HДR
Kent - EN HIMMELSK DROG
Stop 8: Polsku ?
Stop 9: Schweiz ?
Lunik
Stop 10: Italia
Tiziano Ferro – PERDONO
Stop 11: Ελλάδα
Antique – OPA, OPA
Antique – DINATA, DINATA
Stop 12: България
Руши Видинлиев – ВСИЧКО СЕ ВРЪЩА
КариZма - ЩЕ ИЗБЯГАМ ЛИ ОТ ТЕБ
Stop 13: Latvia ?
Stop 14: Россия
Тату – Я СОШЛА С УМА
Тату – НАС НЕ ДОГОНЯТ
Stop 15: 日本
Gackt - MIZЙRABLE
Gackt – VANILLA
Stop 16: China?
Stop 17: Taiwan?
Stop 18: Phillipenes?

I've decided that i do want the songs from China, Vietnam and Phillipenes. hahaha. And Switzerland, i like Lunik, so i need to know which songs were her singles. And i want something Polish... so, i need some singles from there still. Oh andoblakovshtanah, i haven't recieved your e-mail yet. Concerned.

But now, i think i need something from Ukraine... to pull it up towards the baltics before we get to Russia. If you haven't noticed, the order is of that how someone might travel throughout Europe.

freddie
12-10-2003, 18:34
I could get you something from Slovenia, but you probably wouldn't know where (or what :p) that is. :D

thegurgi
12-10-2003, 18:49
freddie, freddie... i love geography... so OF COURSE i know where Slovenia is... it's capital [ off the top of my head ] is Ljubjana??? i think

but i know where it is... bordering croatia, austria and hungry and the adriatic sea [laughs cause he originally put Baltic! hahaha]
i would greatly love something from Slovenia

spyretto
12-10-2003, 18:58
Nipon is ѓjѓbѓ|ѓ“ ( but you got it already, didn't you :) )

when you say you need popular songs from these countries, what kind of songs and how many songs? Folk songs or pop songs? Recent hits or older hits?
About Italians: There are Italians who are doing quite well all over Europe, some of them release Spanish and English versions of their songs and top the charts of those countries. Haven't you heard of Eros Ramazotti, Nek, Laura Pausini, Tiziano Ferro etc. There's always Pavarotti, of course :D

oh, and Greece in Greek is Ελλάδα ( try the Greek encoding to see it. ) Antique is like that, don't have to change it. About Polish songs, I've no idea - you can try that Eurovision song :D There should be something famous from Poland but can't think of anything right now.

From China and HK I like those pop ballads and Faye Wong is quite popular there and my favourite one. ( still ) There are some other new ones, I'm not sure whether Karen Mok is Chinese or from HK. Mavis Hee is from Taiwan ( I think )
Jackie Cheung is also quite popular. But that's mostly in HK. I'm not absolutely sure about mainland China but I'll ask around .

Is that any helpful ?

for Latvia why not try Marija Naumova or Brainstorm who were at the ESC? I'd be surprised if there's something more popular there.

edit: sorry I just saw coolasfcuk posting there.
You can also try India , that Panjabi MC dude ( though he's British-born really :lol: )

haku
12-10-2003, 19:06
thegurgi, in case you need it :)

Switzerland is Suisse (French speakers), Schweiz (German speakers), and Svizzera (Italian speakers).

German speakers represent something like 60% of the population.

Edit: And thanks for using unicode # in your post! It's great to finally be able to see all characters without having to change character sets! :D

thegurgi
12-10-2003, 19:31
haku, thanks, i already did that research, though. I chose the German one though... because most Swiss would say that. The Questionmark means i don't know if i'm having a Swiss song or not.

The Unicode is pretty sweet

and thanks Spyretto for the help, but i can't stress it enough that need Song Titles, not Artists, but Songs. That way it's easier to find... cause i never know when there is two of the same name...
Like i need: Artist - Song Title

That way i get it right.

One thing though, KaZaA and other P2P programs don't work here at the university [well, they work... but it's just insanely slow! but download speeds from FTPs and Sites are really good! i downloaded all of Coolasfcuk's songs in less than 1 minute] So, if you can up or send them directly i'd appreciate it. I'll create a thanks page at the end of my bookleg! Maybe i'll even send everyone who helped a copy.

spyretto
12-10-2003, 20:24
ok song titles:

Nek: Laura Non C'e
Nek & Laura Pausini: Sei solo Tu
Tiziano Ferro: Rosso Relativo
Eros Ramazotti: Piu Bella cosa, Un Altra Te, Un'Emozione Per Sempre etc.

I also like Angelo Braduardi but he's more folk.

China (hmm, in Chinese letters? )

Faye Wong - Eyes On me ( from FF8 soundtrack )

You should do some research on your own too ;)

thegurgi
12-10-2003, 20:35
spyretto, i've done quite a lot of research spyretto.

I've been making this booklet thing, i've got pictures of the artists i'm using so far. Translated some information on them... gotten all the lyrics to the songs and ect.

spyretto
12-10-2003, 20:55
great!

I meant some research for Chinese songs, because finding them is one thing, but finding them in Chinese characters (Big5) can be quite a pain in the butt for those who don't read Chinese.

I'm looking at some of my old cds now. The Mavis Hee song I like is called "Tie Chuang"

from Faye wong I like the following:

"Face", "Chess Piece", "Anasthesia", "Up In the Brambles", "Undercurrent", "You're In My Heart", "Love Commandments" and many more but I haven't got the original names, let alone in BIG5.

I have even bought a couple of Faye Wong audio cds from yesasia but all the titles are in BIG5 ( except for "Chanel", I think )

freddie
12-10-2003, 22:40
Originally posted by thegurgi
freddie, freddie... i love geography... so OF COURSE i know where Slovenia is... it's capital [ off the top of my head ] is Ljubjana??? i think

but i know where it is... bordering croatia, austria and hungry and the adriatic sea [laughs cause he originally put Baltic! hahaha]
i would greatly love something from Slovenia

Impressive man, impressive. I'll see if I can dig something out.

cirrus
12-10-2003, 22:49
Hey, I have a Polish song, but I don't know where to host it. It's too big to send by email. Can anyone help?

oh and by the way, Poland is "Polska" in Polish.

thegurgi
13-10-2003, 22:53
cirrus, we need to arrange a way to get this polish song... hmmmm

Freddie, i didn't get your e-mail or oblava. So umm,
could you try again, sending them to grishab@zoominternet.net

invisible
15-10-2003, 17:14
If you still search Chinese songs, here are some ones.

China сйПР
Kelly Chen - гэПўЬфмй (http://winterland.isp.st/Kelly Chen - гэПўЬфмй.mp3) (I don't know its english title, sorry)
Stefanie Sun - the moment (http://winterland.isp.st/Stefanie Sun - the moment.mp3)

btw what about Korea? :cool:
Deli Spice - your voice greets my ear (http://winterland.isp.st/µЁё®ЅєЖДАМЅє - ВчїмВчїм.mp3) (µЁё® ЅєЖДАМЅє - іКАЗ ёсјТё®°Ў µй·Б)
Roller Coaster - last scene (http://winterland.isp.st/·С·ЇДЪЅєЕН - Last scene.mp3) (·С·Ї ДЪЅєЕН - last scene)

thegurgi
15-10-2003, 19:42
invisible, WOW! THANKS!

The first song isn't in a really good quality... i don't know why, but it sounds weird. I really like the 2nd song! It's definetily on the CD! i love the first korean one! it's on the CD, well, so is the second one. actually, i'll probably put all the ones you gave me. I like how i'll have the rock and pop from Korea.

So, You are in South Korea correct? or North? I can't remember. I need to know which one... or is it played in both countries? I can't ignore the border with the design for my CD, so i kind of need to know. also in Korean Characters too. Like what you did for China

invisible
16-10-2003, 14:47
You're welcome, thegurgi

I know the first Chinese song's quality is not good. So I found better version (http://winterland.isp.st/Kelly Chan - Xin Kou Bu Yi.mp3) on kazaa during the night.

I live in South Korea. I think most North Korean can't even connect the internet and maybe there isn't pop culture. :ithink:

S. Korea is ЗС±№ in Korean characters. Can your computer handle Korean character? This one is quite different from Chinese and Japanese character.

rtf format (http://winterland.isp.st/korean character.rtf)
psd format (http://winterland.isp.st/korean character.psd)

thegurgi
16-10-2003, 19:56
Invisible YOU ROCK!

oh and to say this for future reference. Since i'm obsessed with different languages, i have formatted my computer to handle most langauges. Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Vietnemese, and etc. So don't worry about me not being able to view them, cause i can. And if i can't, i will immediatley download whatever i need so that i can. But i do like the psd files.

Lena410
16-10-2003, 20:14
thegurgi, would you like some Slovakian and Czech songs too? I could try and pick something nice from all the stuff there is. But I don't know if I find something to upload it to.

thegurgi
16-10-2003, 20:24
Lena410, that would be awesome

I've decide to make it a 2 CD set... cause i don't think i'll be able to fit it all into one CD. But i need songs so i can fill 2!
So, that would be AWESOME