PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Nightmarish Wails

Echoed
06-10-2003, 04:14
So, on the 3rd, it was Taryn (Ripp)'s birthday, so I decided to make her a present (out of the SHEER KINDNESS OF MY HEART). Hahaha. Haha. Hah. *Cough.*

It took me a few hours, but I have accomplished it, and she enjoyed the present. However, the genius that she is could only find TWO of the ELEVEN titles that were used in this recording.

As such, to SHOW that she is CLUELESS as to MY musical stylings, I have decided to release this file for mocking and judging purposes, as well as see if anyone can figure out more than TWO titles of the ELEVEN. (Of course, you will be at an advantage being that you would be working as a GROUP to figure it all out, whereas SHE was all ALONE. ALONE IN THE WORLD.)

*Coughs.*

Have fun, don't go deaf, etc. (ftp://echoing:crap@24.200.68.156/Fight Me to Choke.mp3)

~Echo.

Ripptyd
06-10-2003, 04:20
I wasn't alone. I had joo. :D

Echoed
06-10-2003, 04:24
ALL FOR YOU, BUBBLES. LOL. However, having me doesn't really help with the figuring out of the songs which I used, half-witted twit. :P (Lub joo. HAHAHAHA.)

~Echo.

Ripptyd
06-10-2003, 04:26
*loves her SQUISHY muchly!!*
Bwa. I'm sure if I listened to the lyrics instead of the voice I'd get more. :P

Echoed
06-10-2003, 04:32
If you'd listen to the lyrics, you would realize that they all follow a certain theme. I AM TRICKY THAT WAY. Like, a storyline, jigga. I love weaving meaning into everything, without it having actual meaning, but then you never really KNOW do you.

Anyway. There's a theme. *Coughs.*

~Echo.

kishkash
06-10-2003, 04:47
<-- found Garbage....that's all

But then again its late and i ain't concentrating *cough* ya....so.....:none:

taty994945
06-10-2003, 06:53
the first one is "duvet". im so smart! :D

actually i used lyric site..haha

volkotina
06-10-2003, 09:14
Okay, I am going to make some guesses here. Most of these I am pretty sure I know because I recognized the lyrics and the songs but there are a couple where I wanted to make sure by searching for the title. We seem to have similar tastes, at least based on this and if I am right. (:

Thanks, this is a lot of fun!

In no particular order:
*"Only Happy When It Rains"- Garbage
*"Duvet" - Boa
*"In the Air Tonight"- Phil Collins
*"Fall At Your Feet" - Crowded House
*"The Devil You Know" - Econoline Crush
*"Bullet With Butterfly Wings" - Smashing Pumpkins
*"Come Undone" - Duran Duran
*"Every You, Every Me" - Placebo
*"Sing" - Travis
*"She Says" - Howie Day
And the one that I had the most difficulty hearing and recognizing was *"Psychopomp" - Tea Party

I hope these are right?

Echoed
06-10-2003, 19:08
Ooo, Volko, you gots SKILLS, homegirl. ^.^ That's 10.5/11 LOL. You're missing just one song title, but all the bands are right. *Grins.*

See? MORE than TWO titles. *Snickers.*

Of course, I would have put some other music as well, but unfortunately, I don't rap, nor does my voice do that whole soulful groove thing (at all), or yell unintelligible things (very well). Maybe next time, I'll put in some SOAD, NIN and Lil' Kim or something. Haha. Hah. *Cough.*

~Echo.

la aurora
06-10-2003, 23:11
Uff... ok, to be frank I guessed only 4 titles and recognized some more melodies without remembering (or even knowing :hmmm: ) the names. But I tried really hard :bum: The whole thing kinda reminded me Alanis Mourisette and I LLLOOOVED ur voice. Huh... is there a place I can get ur CD? :eek: I'd like to have one...

*goes away thinking about opening Echoed fanclub... many ppl will join more likely*

madeldoe
07-10-2003, 00:37
holy shizzle!! :eek: that was marvefeckinglous!! Sounds alot like Goapele :done: the beat is crazy sicK too lol :D *ahem* can i get your autograph? LOL

sunny poison, where do i sign up yO? LOL :D

QueenBee
07-10-2003, 20:31
:bum: I only got two of them.. P.C - In The Air Tonight and Boa - Duvet :D Because I love those, and since you introduced me to Duvet.. :heh: That song is now one of my faves btw!

nath
07-10-2003, 21:51
the one missing isn't Econoline Crush:"Take me home/Home"?

Echoed
09-10-2003, 00:50
Now, I know you guys are just flattering me for the sake of flattery. :P The beat was, like, me hitting on my desk and just messing around with end product to give it a slightly better sound to it. (Due to time constraints, this was the best I could manage. LOL.)

Maybe I'll try another one of these some time.

"Duvet" is definitely one of my favourite songs, Mon. ^_~ I'm glad you like it just as much as I do. ^.^

Spot on, Nath! That's exactly the title that was missing! Bravo! ^-^

~Echo.