PDA

View Full Version : New Vamp flick Underworld.....

Tranz
22-09-2003, 07:45
Anyone else seen this yet?? I thought this movie was great, the storyline and visual affects were top notch. This is prob the best movie I seen all year. I am very into Vampires and Werewovles etc.... And this movie just had everything in it.

The story unfolds throughout the movie, and has its unique twists in the plot. I dont wanna ruin it for anyone, so i ll just explain a little. The movie is about an ongoing war between Vampries and Lycans (Werewolves), and it was just an action packed movie. The lead role was played by Kate Beckensale, who was a Vampire who was haunted by her past. I always thought she was pretty, but as a Vampire she was just wow :D.

Anyway the movie was deff worth seeing. I would recommend going to see it if your into movies like that or even if your not. :done:

Here is a link, you can veiw the trailer and see some info on the movie ;)

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/underworld/

Mossopp
23-09-2003, 18:11
I didn't think Underworld was that great. The special effects were cool - especially those Lycan transformation sequences! - but the plot wasn't executed as well as it could have been.
I suppose it was an ok way to waste 2 hours though. :none:

PoisonousTruth
24-09-2003, 00:36
I'll just say that I thought it was okay. I did enjoy it, but I guess I expected a lot more from it.*shrugs*

Tranz
24-09-2003, 01:40
for the directors first movie I would say he did a great job with it. I went in thinking I was gonna see another "Blade" type movie, but I got so much more out of it. I think the storyline was great and original, and I am looking foward to as sequal.

kishkash
24-09-2003, 01:44
Saw it on saturday...I went in not expecting much...just knew that Kate Beckinsale is hot...so! LOL [y'd they pick that guy from Felicity as the love interest? they coulda done soooo much better *cough*Ryan Phillipe*cough*]

But yah since i didn't expect much i actually enjoyed it. I tend not to take movies at face value and not dissect them...so i end up NOT being dissapointed.

Some of the stuff was funny [remember the jumping on the ceiling and hissing? LMAO@that] *sigh* good times

guesshoo
16-10-2003, 01:10
Originally posted by kishkash
Saw it on saturday...I went in not expecting much...just knew that Kate Beckinsale is hot...so! LOL [y'd they pick that guy from Felicity as the love interest? they coulda done soooo much better *cough*Ryan Phillipe*cough*]

But yah since i didn't expect much i actually enjoyed it. I tend not to take movies at face value and not dissect them...so i end up NOT being dissapointed.

Some of the stuff was funny [remember the jumping on the ceiling and hissing? LMAO@that] *sigh* good times

i thought the old guy in the movie was hilarious!
whats his name again, vince or something...........:dknow:

anyways, i though it was great. i think kate was excellent (even though lara flyn boyle would have fitted the role nicely as well), imo she was rather sexy as that character.
interesting........

anyways, i give it a 9.5 out of 10. the half point being taken off b/c there could have been more elaboration on the love story.
definately 2 hours well spent!

Tranz
16-10-2003, 01:41
I agree, I thought the entire movie was great, but do think the there could have been a little more chemistry in the love story. Who knows tho maybe they will elaborate on that in the sequal if there is one. The way they ended the movie make it seem like their will be a part 2, which would be awsome.